AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 86 32.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 77 29.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 14.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 34 13.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 5.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.77%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.38%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.15%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-06, 21:38   Link #41
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

6 out of 10 - average. the effect of the romance was so stale and cliche. and not only that but in a way it seems like hiromi wasnt suppose to be picked. i mean noe was the one who convinced him to go back to her. but other tha that as far as romance animes go, it was very typical IMO.

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 11:19   Link #42
evangeline88
Moe Master

i voted 10
even though shin didn't choose nao in the end ...

this anime is just different from other romance animes ...
a revolutionary to romance anime ...

evangeline88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 14:34   Link #43
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Descent animation. Nice voice actors. Excelent plot.

The only thing I didn't like was that Noe wasn't picked in the end
9/10
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 20:35   Link #44
Lostdreams

Animation Quality: 10/10
Loved the animation.
Voice Actors: 10/10
Idk, I guess the voices fit. All that I was looking for.
Script: 7.5/10
Pretty lame script, storyline etc.
Editing: 6/10
Nothing special was actually used here, except for the storybook parts.
Emotional Involvement: 10/10
For some reason, every time I watched this anime, every second I watched this anime, my heart was hurting and I felt like crying. It happens every time I watch a romance/pairing I like
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 16:52   Link #45
Harimo Haria

This anime started out great, but then after about episode 9, it just went down-hill from there. Maybe I'm just being biased because he didn't end up with Noe but it just doesn't feel the same for me. 7/10.
Harimo Haria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 19:57   Link #46
ayama124

Best anime of the year
ayama124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 02:18   Link #47
Tiran86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Freaking 5 out of 10.

Only because of Noe.

You people have odd standards.
Seconded. True Tears was boring. The Main character and the girl who won were totally flat characters. I can't even remember their names. Noe was the only reason I didn't drop this show. And I disagree that it was hard to predict who he would choose. I never really thought the main character, whatever his name had any real feelings for Noe, he liked the other girl whatever her name was.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 06:33   Link #48
Sesshomaru22
Fanfic Writer
*Artist

Probably has to be one of the best animes that I've ever seen. The emotional storyline was very good. I really enjoyed the character design as well. When the little girls' chicken friend died was very emotional. I wish that the creators could've continued the storyline further than where they stopped.
Sesshomaru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 15:07   Link #49
Ottocycle

Watched the show over two days. It kept me watching and was easily digestible, but the symbolism truly got on my nerves that at points I shut off even bothering to absorb any of it.

The music was, I think the best part of the show. What got me into this whole thing was the eufonius OP, I marveled at the BGM at the point where the incest-lie was revealed, and at the end of the show all I could remember was...

Shinichirou...no kutsu no soko ni wa abura mushi...♪
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 21:43   Link #50
gsquared

Just finished the whole series today. I have to say I really, really enjoyed the show. I was rooting for Shin and Hiromi to get together from the beginning, but I developed an endearment to Noe's character as well and wanted her to have a happy ending too. Towards the end, I was kind of perplexed as to the direction the series took with the characters and their situation. It just left much to be desired and it didnt offer me the closure I expected. However, though the series didn't end the way I would have particularly liked, I honestly still enjoyed every bit of it, especially the way Jibeta/Raigomaru's story was symbolically incorporated. So, overall, despite the ending, there are just so much good aspects to the series that I must still consider it as one of my personal favorites. And the music was fantastic!

Now i only have to wait until Bandai finalizes a release date for the Anime Legends release of the series...
gsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 08:25   Link #51
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Watched the show over two days. It kept me watching and was easily digestible, but the symbolism truly got on my nerves that at points I shut off even bothering to absorb any of it.
Just finished watching this today and yea i felt like that too . There were parts where i just fast forwarded altogether and couldn't be bothered.
In my opinion , the strongest parts of the series are its Music which is absolutely top-draw (Reflectia on piano is amazing) and its animation which is fantastic .

The story was okay-ish , not fantastic as some make it out to be while the characters while certainly believable didn't draw me in too much and to be honest , i didn't care much for any of them . Personally , I didn't like the character designs much but i guess they were okay once i grew used to them.

While watching this , i couldn't help feeling that instead of an anime , this should have been made a live action j-drama . 7/10
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 08:18   Link #52
iceyfw

7.5/10

animation quality kept up throughout until the end of the last episode and that is a huge plus for me. now the story was honestly predictable as hell once they gave you clues to this and that. after watching a ---- gonzo anime called dragonaut, i need something to forget it and true tears was meh after episode 3 to me. the whole idea of "pretend" dating for hiromi dragging until near the end turned me off big time. just break up with the guy and tell shin you know what is going on. i give props on them for not making shin a total moron also.

i would place this romance title behind Ef a tale of memories and melodies. this will probably be my last romance anime to watch for a while. i hate it when the last episode shows the final pairs and the conclusion is they get together and they live happily ever after. show us more than that! some cute interaction or something afterwards.

Last edited by iceyfw; 2009-01-11 at 08:30.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 11:54   Link #53
hero147

9/10

It had a solid animation and OST. But I disliked the ending. I was rooting for Noe myself and when she lost, it really irked me. Noe lost everything, shinchiro and the support of her siscon brother. (surprisingly Jun reminds me of Lelouch in some ways). I felt the writers just gave Noe some friends and show she became a normal girl again, but I felt as we didn't get to see her open up after that point. I still want to kill Hiromi for being so selfish at the end...Fandom ftw.
I thought it was pretty well done, according to my expectations, for a romance/drama anime.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 05:25   Link #54
Tasselonious

It was a fairly decent series. I liked the art and the plot. The only thing that I didn't like was the ending. It kinda tainted the rest of the anime for me. I know that a lot of people liked it through and through but something about the ending just didn't sit with me right.
Tasselonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 13:38   Link #55
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime ronin View Post
6 out of 10 - average. the effect of the romance was so stale and cliche. and not only that but in a way it seems like hiromi wasnt suppose to be picked. i mean noe was the one who convinced him to go back to her. but other tha that as far as romance animes go, it was very typical IMO.
Agreed, I finished watching the anime today. I must say, I literally was going to die of boredom since it did seem really stale. The scenes were progressively slow, and they just even became more lethargic as the episodes continued. I found that the character development was good, but some parts were just awful confusing to the audience I am sure of. Example: The tale of Jibeta, and what Noe thought of Raigomaru's prepared flight towards the end. Rather the ending of the whole entire series was just a slugger to me, I literally was left in the multitude of other views raising even more concerning questions that ARE to be answered, but never were. Props for the animation though, very colorful and schematic - would somewhat suggest they continue the storyline, just to clear things up a bit more formally, rather than recklessly plunging it onto everyone's final decisions.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 02:54   Link #56
Shinichi_Uruhara

9.5/10 - 10/10

a very nice anime IMO...i liked the way the writers have developed the connections between the characters and how they showed the progress of the story...Yes,might be a typical series, but for me its stands out because of its twists.
It was a really nice show to watch, like a change of scenery for me (haha...since i was always watching anime genres falling in action/romance/supernatural-whatever types)...
This anime proves that you can get a great love story without any unnatural/supernatural/fictitious plots involved.
..uh..yeah...looks simple at the start,but delves deeper as the story progresses, hehe...

(P.S. whew..at least its not like F/SN or Tsukihime endings that leaves you wanting for more......but hey, F/SN and Tsukihime endings are superb too, IMO...)
Shinichi_Uruhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 17:07   Link #57
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

10/10. Watched it twice and would watch it a third, even a fourth time. Its just a good romance drama anime.
Old 2009-05-31, 11:45   Link #58
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
10/10. Watched it twice and would watch it a third, even a fourth time. Its just a good romance drama anime.
yes it really is
even though there are a few elements of school days it's still so much more enjoyable
I think I have to watch it again, too haha xD
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 11:34   Link #59
velvet nightmare

the thing that stood out the most to me is that they have a really, really nice school rofl

loved the visuals though
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 13:14   Link #60
coderlan
Student

Really loved the art and it's pretty much detailed. I really love this anime, Animes that I loved deserves a Perfect 10, despite oppositions. But I wasn't satisfied with the ending, it's confusing, it's like Noe>Hiromi>Noe>then Hiromi as the last. I don't understand what's in Noe, saying 'fly'? Anyway, It's a Perfect 10 for the anime and for my favorite character; Hiromi.
coderlan is offline   Reply With Quote