AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-01-29, 09:43   Link #21
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Ahhh~~ Here, I thought i'd never find a organized attempt at translating Lost Colors.

There is a peculiar patch (possibly corrupted, or worse) on mediafire that apparently translate some of the game into english.

I really don't trust it, so i'm throwing my lot in with you all.

I can't really read japanese, But I have made progress on that particuliar field. I.E: I can read 'Karen' perfectly now, along with 'Rurushu'. and 'Rai' and 'Default'.

I do know a person who does, however. Give me Scene/Sequence scripts and i'll see what I can do.

This game could've seriously made big bucks for Sunrise if they simply added english text. Guess not.

(I hope I am not spamming, offtopic, or other rulebreaking. I am simply single-minded.)
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 09:49   Link #22
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Unlikely, no one has been able to crack the ISO format of a PSP game as of now.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 12:28   Link #23
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Thought as such, regardless - I have to say Eternal Dreamer has my support (For what it's worth.)

I hope this works out. Anyways, I can give detailed battle choices on the Kuro No Kishidan and JLF Routes.

Send me scripts @ Abel_The_mystic@yahoo.com, be easier for Eternal Dreamer if someone helped him with translation.

Choices: All I can give is Kuro No Kishidan help. Which may make me useless to people less favorable to Karen then I.

Well anyways, I have lots of free time (I can map out choices) and/or have a friend of mine (anonymous, thank you) help 'me' by translating text and scenes. He usually does pretty decent translation.

Just tell me the route you want me to map out (Which choices NOT to choose in battle, for example) and see their determined statistics. (Narita battle for example, clicking 'x' allows you to use geass, but you must choose 'Triangle' before entering battle. Then you must go 'X', 'circle' and/or finally 'Triangle'. Though this is unfavored since using geass too much results in scenes/bad endings.)
Old 2010-01-31, 20:10   Link #24
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Well, it's been awhile since I last posted here! Sorry for that, I was a bit absorbed with the project and other things and kind of forgot about this discussion.

Anyway, Solstice Cross, thank you very much for the offer to help, but I should probably mention two things first: firstly, right now, I'm nowhere NEAR the point in the game where there are Knightmare battles yet. (Translating scene by scene really slows things down.) Besides, I already have people who have volunteered to do that, so I wouldn't want to impose on you as well. And secondly, for the translations, I'm afraid that giving out the "scripts" for other people to translate isn't very practical. You see, most of my time is spent actually re-typing the Japanese writing from the game screen onto the computer, with translations after every bunch of text. That's why just typing up just the Japanese only to send off for someone to translate is a bit time-consuming. If it were to correct the translations already done, though, that's a different story. We already have someone doing that, but considering how many scenes there are, we could use as many hands to help as possible so that it may move more quickly. Also, if you were willing to type up the Japanese text and translations for a scene yourself (or your friend, perhaps), then that would also be welcome. (Trust me, though, if you don't know kanji, it will take a while just to transcribe the text. Also, you would have to follow the same format in my translations.)

Well, I guess that's about all I have to say on the matter. If you're still interested in helping, please tell me as soon as you can.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 07:34   Link #25
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I'm really wanting to help, and i'm still interested, it's just that I'm starting on japanese, and I think I wouldn't be very helpful, considering. But i'm tenacious, and i'm obsessive and thorough.

Just give me a Route/Day/Schedule to follow/Sequence to follow, and i'll do my best.

B.T.W: I can't do anything Britannian Military, Because i'm stuck on 'Live Fire', which I always die at. Unless someone could help me with that, i'm pretty useless. Like, Exterior Custodian useless...

But! I have loads of free time, so that is an upside, yeah? (downside: My computer can't text japanese... >_<) Well, i'm useless, but I'm willing and won't complain. Just give me something to do, and i'll do it.

I'm glad this exists, and I don't care if you decide to drop me, I'm all for the project.
Old 2010-02-01, 10:16   Link #26
Paladinoras
Pancakes

If you want help on how to make your computer able to read japanese...send me an e-mail or sth.... at kingrayster@hotmail.com

Give me the details of your operating system etc, and I'll tell ya how to make it work.

Old 2010-02-01, 18:50   Link #27
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Thanks, Paladinoras! This will help. But my disk drive is being problematic (Don't worry, it can be easily rectified.) and i'm RE;-A-D-Y!

...o_O how did RE; get in there? Oh well!

Anyway, ED: I'm ready, I guess. Next time you post, i'm liable to have fixed my emo CD-drive, and put the japanese on it.

Point me in the direction you want me to go, and i'll do my best =)

I'm ready to start the agonizing, well-rewarded project! I'm actually anticipated...! ^_^; (If I meet the requirement, of course. But i'd still be cheering you on from the backstage.)
Old 2010-02-02, 02:03   Link #28
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Speaking of which, ED, do you have any work to do? I am fired up over learning so much jap lately that I need an outlet to pur it all into. XD. I'll translate any new scenes if ya want...

Old 2010-02-02, 06:57   Link #29
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Well, it's good to know you're both eager!

Actually, if you're willing, there's two scenes I liked each of you to translate for me: They can both be found at the end of Day 9 (Follow My Current Route on my website to get to them) and both of them occur in the evening. The first one is a scene at the Pool at Ashford with Shirley {ID: (ScAsh-プール-Shi-01)} and the other one is a scene with C.C. at the Entrance Hall of the Clubhouse {ID: (ScAsh-クラブハウス {エントランスホール}-CC-02)}. I'll let the two of you decide which you each want to do. I'll send you both an email containing the documents to type your translations in. If you come across a "choice" moment in the scene, then add (Choice) to the title of the document and send it back to me; I'll send you two or more new documents to put the result of each choice in. Also, you can label your translations as Paladinoras translations or Solstice Cross translations, if you want. However, please follow the format laid out in my recent translations; that's the only thing I'm picky about here.

Anyway, I hope the two of you can accomplish this request without too much trouble. I won't be able to do any translations myself for the next two or three days (SCHOOL, my eternal nemesis), so I'd really appreciate it if you could do this for me.
Old 2010-02-02, 09:04   Link #30
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I see, So i'll have to follow your route? No problem.

I'll take the 'Shirley' Scene. I'll see what I can do, ED. =D -raises fist- Brave New World...!

... .... nevermind. -sulks off to help with translation.-
Old 2010-02-02, 10:19   Link #31
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

chosen on Day 9

Nunnally and Sayoko (Garden) Triangle is the positive result

Then I chose Lelouch and Nunnally (School ground) Triangle is the positive result.

Automatic scene with Lelouch afterwards. (Rooftop) 'X' is the positive result.

Now i'm translating the scene you want me to do. I'll email you with the document when I translate it and get it done.
Old 2010-02-04, 09:05   Link #32
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Oh, then C.C Scene it is.

Old 2010-02-05, 03:51   Link #33
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Oh yeah, I just noticed, it's an empty slate... so I have to play till that route and translate, correct? ... Ok then... Gotta replay the game again.

Old 2010-02-08, 21:31   Link #34
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Transaltion Request!

For anyone who's interested, I'm currently asking for people to help translate any scenes in the Day 1 to 5 period that haven't already been translated by myself. Just tell me the scene and the route you followed to get there and I'll inform you of whether someone is currently translating that scene or not. I'll also send you the document to put your translations in with the title and heading already typed in order to lessen any problems or confusion. Following the currently used format in my recent translations is preferable (although you can put your username instead of "My translation"). For choice scenes, just send me back the document along with the possible choices and I'll set up the new documents for each choice for you. (Warning: acceptance of any submitted translations will be determined by myself and the group and each one can and will be subjected to edits by this translation group)

Well, despite how seriously I said that, the choice to do so is really up to all of you. (Although it would REALLY help us out if you did.)
Old 2010-02-21, 08:39   Link #35
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Man, it's been a while since I last posted here here.

Aaaanyway, leaving my absence aside, I just wanted to inform anyone who's interested that I've added a screenshot section to my site, provided by a helpful volunteer who was kind enough to offer their help. (Right now it's just random shots, but there are some great pictures among them. Besides, I intend to make something more thorough in the future.)

I've also added the Day 9 scenes to the site, although it is currently incomplete at this time (there are still too scenes to be translated). Speaking of which, how has the translating been going, Paladinoras and Solstice Cross? I haven't heard from either of you in a while, so I'm a bit curious as to how far you've both gotten in your work. (Once again, no rush, but I would at least like to know how much of it you've done.) If you have any problems or even can't translate it because of circumstances, than I'd be perfectly willing to give you all the help you need.
Old 2010-02-21, 10:17   Link #36
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I regret to inform you... I've yet to do my appointed scene, i'm currently pouring over KnK route.

I have a problem: The edition pack that would've installed japanese is just fine, HOWEVER my disc trays aren't working (bottom one is, but it isn't reading it properly to install it.) So i'm stuck doing it on my own. I've been taking screenshots of gameplay so my friend can translate them, though they haven't responded yet (most likely university or the like)

I'm also stuck on this because my internet is dial-up (best is 26.2) and I can't download japanese packs without possibly damaging my computer, and taking it for eternity.

Eternal Dreamer: I am stilling helping, but i'm sorta fragmented at the moment. I'm sorry.

Btw, Eternal Dreamer: If you are going to uplaod screenshots of gameplay onto the site, can I suggest CGI within the game? I have some in my album. Thats the best help I can possibly give besides me tearing my hair out on scenes.

My progression: Day 10 on Knk route (I'm still working on the introduction of Zero to Rai.)

I got a save near it, so if you want to relocate me ED, then thats cool. I'm Tamaki-level in usefulness, but i'm flexible, I guess.

Sorry... I'll give you an update when my friend translates the screenshots.
Old 2010-02-21, 12:53   Link #37
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

I see...Well, there's nothing for it then. I can understand you're circumstances, considering what you've told me.

Therefore, in light of your situation, I would like to suggest that you switch over to another scene to translate. In order to allow the translations to continue at their original pace, I'll take care of your scene to translate and, instead, I'd like for you to translate another scene for me, one from earlier on in the game. You see, because of the sequence in which I translate the scenes in the game, I have almost definitely skipped over many scenes in previous days without ever seeing them. (Because this is a "route" game, it would be WAY too troublesome to take everything possible number of choices, since I would advance VERY slowly in the game that way. That's why I translate as I play a single route in the game, so that people can at least see one possible route to its end quickly enough with my translations.) It can be any scene you want, as long as it's within the first 5 days in the game and it's one that hasn't been translated by me yet. Before you start translating, tell which scene it is and the sequence of scenes you followed to get, and then I'll send you the document with the tittle and headings ready like before. Besides that, just follow what I've already told you.

I hope you don't mind this; it's just that I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to doing things in order and besides, I want to read the translation of that scene before I go to other scenes to translate. (I'm a Shirley fan you see, and since it's at the pool...enough said.) Like always, if you have any problems or questions, just ask me.
Old 2010-02-21, 14:09   Link #38
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I understand, and I'll do a scene from the 5-day timeline.

I took screenshots of the Shirley pool event, and i'm actually hoping to get translation (1st screenshot 2nd, etc...)

I made a extra save (from a completed JLF, sort've of a sacrifice.) so I could access that even t at anytime for you. (I myself being a Shirley fanboy.)

I'll get on the translation site, and look at what I can take a knack at, ED. I'll do my best. Though I'm horribly disadvantaged compared to you and Paladinoras. I can hardly say that makes me shy away from this.

If you need me somewhere else at anytime, just ask. I save regularly, though that itself being an achilles heel of sorts. You got my card, dude, don't be afraid to use it. I'm here for the translation, which sufficed to say is the real reason I joined this site.
Old 2010-02-23, 11:08   Link #39
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Lol, right now, it is very hard to be more disadvantaged than me. I have a shitload of work to do at school as well as another TL job that I have to do in another forum, so I have to manage my time delicately.

Of course, I don't plan to abandon this project at all, but I think for now, I'll be translating the shorter scenes first and be the technical advisor in case any of you have any problems with your PSP. I have modded mine to such an extent where I can tell you all of the folders in there.

Old 2010-02-23, 11:27   Link #40
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Pandora battery is here!

Well, I understand. Just tell me whenever you want to translate a scene and which scene it is.

Also, I have great news! I finally got my pandora battery in the mail!

Now that I finally have it, I was wondering if you could once again explain to me how to install it and then modify so that I could take screenshots? It's been a while since we last talked about it, but I'm hoping that you're still willing to help. You can use the discussion or email to repond, whichever is easier for you. I'll wait until then.