AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

View Poll Results: Utawarerumono Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 40.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 38.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-03, 03:47   Link #61
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
I think they make him a little TOO weak, to be honest. I don't care if it was done in the game or not. I just think someone so pissed that he just lost his entire village would probably be able to at least touch a superior warrior.

Honestly, it seems that anyone with a name and actual fighting ability can beat Oboro.

He's only good enough for cleaning out grunts which is something even Hakuoro can do.
Old 2006-07-03, 06:24   Link #62
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw
Honestly, it seems that anyone with a name and actual fighting ability can beat Oboro.

He's only good enough for cleaning out grunts which is something even Hakuoro can do.
Thats quite true, it seems he only has a big mouth. I too would prefer if Hakuoro was really Rak Shine in the past, and did all those things. As W_Y says it will offer more complexity - the only thing I'm afraid of, if they take such a path; is that its gonna be very hard to portray such a theme masterfully. Honestly, I'm afraid they will screw up.
Old 2006-07-03, 14:39   Link #63
Cardiac Glycoside

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-03, 19:33   Link #64
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
ii really liked this episode except for the fact that Oboro got bitched AGAIN jesus tap dancing christ can he beat anyone beside grunts,, all i ask is that he last more than 2 min in a fight. AS for the Hauroko killing his family and country men i just think its too convient i dont think that was really him even though i will aknowedge the fact that it was hinted he was possessed or something in the first episode. But you can see how much it is effecting him with him getting drunk off the sake. I commend Eruruu for sticking with him and beleiving in him and giving him words of encouragement.

Aruruu was really cool going out on her own for some recon i mean hey she has mukruu with her i say let her do some recon every now and then, she goes out frequently so i am sure she knows the land well. Plus it was just so damn cute to see Aruruu, Mukruu and kamyu with there heads down being scolded.

The fight between Evinkuruga and karura was pretty cool but it was not the right time for a knock down drag out fight strategically it was the right descsion to destroy the bridge. i cant wait for the next one the story is really picking up i am really hoping that Hauroko is not Rak Shine i just think it will be really hard to keep the story going with that looming over everything unless there is a good reason.

Did anyone notice that they took Eruruu into battle again?
Old 2006-07-03, 20:30   Link #65
Cardiac Glycoside

I have a minor complaint about Mukuru. We all know that she's been in battle with Hakuoro's army ever since episode 9, but we never get to see her mauling the enemy. What's up with that?
Old 2006-07-03, 20:33   Link #66
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 12 had a few well animated battle scenes, its just a shame some of the battles don't last longer then a few minutes, though still good while they lasted.

Instead of being told about the Rak Shine, at least we got to see what was a flashback of him in action.. even though it looks like Hakuoro, its still hard to believe it was him, even though we don't know anything about him before the first episode.

And.. i just love the style of the Evinkuruga tribe.
Old 2006-07-03, 22:23   Link #67
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside
I have a minor complaint about Mukuru. We all know that she's been in battle with Hakuoro's army ever since episode 9, but we never get to see her mauling the enemy. What's up with that?
Too busy taking care of Aruruu? Aruruu's cute, but probably not the best choice of rider for a mauling session.

Rak Shine! You are evil! We will destroy a village to make you cry! You, grunts! Go kill each other while we shout at each other and occasionally fall off cliffs!

It seems like there's so many random evil dudes in the intro we haven't seen yet, and we still haven't seen any more of evil emperor #2 after he walked into that burning building. Unless he's behind the village's destruction and/or the brother-in-law's visit, he'd better hurry up...
Old 2006-07-05, 22:23   Link #68
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Instead of being told about the Rak Shine, at least we got to see what was a flashback of him in action.. even though it looks like Hakuoro, its still hard to believe it was him, even though we don't know anything about him before the first episode.
Well, considering it was Hakuoro dreaming about what he'd been told he did, yeah, I'd expect it to look like him.
But, you've gotta wonder how many people have a mask like that that he could be mistaken for
Old 2006-07-05, 22:40   Link #69
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
Well, considering it was Hakuoro dreaming about what he'd been told he did, yeah, I'd expect it to look like him.
But, you've gotta wonder how many people have a mask like that that he could be mistaken for
Less confident assumption, more wild speculation. ^^

I don't think that pre-op scene was just Hakuoro's dream. His actual reaction-dream comes later, with those wierd ghost things and the mace to the face. They showed the sequence before brother-in-law started yelling at him, and I doubt even guilt-ridden Hakuoro would have thrown in the laughing-off-multiple-impalings part.
Old 2006-07-06, 10:45   Link #70
cheenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Less confident assumption, more wild speculation. ^^

I don't think that pre-op scene was just Hakuoro's dream. His actual reaction-dream comes later, with those wierd ghost things and the mace to the face. They showed the sequence before brother-in-law started yelling at him, and I doubt even guilt-ridden Hakuoro would have thrown in the laughing-off-multiple-impalings part.
i think that was what orikakan was thinking about hakuoro and what happened. orikakan seems to belive that was hakuoro.
Old 2006-07-19, 19:16   Link #71
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Could someone explain the "Carrier has arrived" part? Karura is the carrier? Or is it Touka, who appears and has a bigger part in this episode? Why not a battlecruiser?

I don't know if this came later:

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2006-07-19 at 22:13.
Old 2010-03-16, 19:06   Link #72
Terransheep
Hai... masta...
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Terransheep Send a message via Yahoo to Terransheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

Could someone explain the "Carrier has arrived" part? Karura is the carrier? Or is it Touka, who appears and has a bigger part in this episode? Why not a battlecruiser?

I don't know if this came later:

you played too much SC?

Anyways, Hakuoro's past is confusing... :\

Last edited by Terransheep; 2010-03-16 at 19:32.
Closed Thread