AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 5 9.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 25.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 27.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 15.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-09, 01:47   Link #81
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Minko is a VERY annoying hypocrite. Who does she think she is?
If I were the other girl, I would smack the bitch in her face instead of running away.
Minko is pretty justified despite her motivations... Why?

Minko was forced to be the cook without hearing her opinion. These girls do not know how to cook.

I can empathy with her position. One too many times I've been placed in a leadership position at school in the past on account I'm the straight laced no nonsense get things done bastard. Without considering my opinion if I want it or not.

If I'm going to lead you, you are going to follow my rules.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2011-08-09 at 06:17.
Old 2011-08-09, 01:48   Link #82
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm, a very interesting episode especially the part with Minko and the other girls. I have to admit though Tsurugi was cold, but the other girl started the whole argument out of the blue and Minko just got pissed off. She kind of brought it upon herself with all that emotional baggage.

Yeah, Minko might be slightly a hypocrite, but I believe she truly was treating the menu like a professional cook. I mean the class did choose her as the cooking team leader because of her experience.
Old 2011-08-09, 02:34   Link #83
weaponX
Designated facepalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
On the other hand, Minko's rage shows us a little bit of her own frustration and hopefully she will learn from her weakness. She doesn't have a penis in this series, so
she has a chance next episode.
You might be giving Minko a bit more credit than she's due.

It took her how many episodes to stop telling Ohana to die? And then how many episodes before she started to lighten up.

She goes on a rant on not mixing romance and work, even though she's clearly in love with Toru. I sense hypocrisy.

She might turn it around next episode, but I'm not gonna give her that much credit just yet. More likely, Ohana is gonna have to do something to fix this. In fact, I'm betting on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Also, why the fuck is Yuina so annoying? It's like as if she's mad the camera's off her.
Yuina is becomming like Paris Hilton.. all self-absorbed, flirting with all the boys, and wanting everything in the world while doing zero-work.

And as for Jinomaru, sombody PLEASE just smack him.

Ohana is once again gonna have to try to put this show on her back and carry the team in the 4th quarter. Can we make some trades to give her some help here?
misery no more.”
Proverbs 31: 6-7MyAnimeList

Last edited by weaponX; 2011-08-09 at 02:56.
Old 2011-08-09, 02:56   Link #84
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Yuina is becomming like Paris Hilton
Although I get the point of this, that does seem to be a bit too hateful.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-08-09, 05:22   Link #85
deadite

Am I the only one who enjoys Jiro? Enishi I'm kind of disappointed because I thought he was pretty cool in the beginning?
Old 2011-08-09, 05:34   Link #86
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponX View Post
Yuina is becomming like Paris Hilton.. all self-absorbed, flirting with all the boys, and wanting everything in the world while doing zero-work.

Ohana is once again gonna have to try to put this show on her back and carry the team in the 4th quarter. Can we make some trades to give her some help here?
Ohana is currently injured on the bench or is on the field and not anywhere near 100% capacity because her character since the beginning of the 2nd cour has been lackluster. What the hell is the physician (director, writer) doing atm? Get a move on and fix her up!
Old 2011-08-09, 07:37   Link #87
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponX View Post

I respect your opinion and alll..but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hspNaoxzNbs

Quote:
This and Enishi. Tomoe was THIS close to just slapping that muffin.
Old 2011-08-09, 07:56   Link #88
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Even though I tend to like Yuina, I have to admit that the Paris Hilton comparison cracked me up.

Another similarity between the two is that Hilton is a member of the family behind "Hilton Hotels". Yuina, meanwhile, is the member of a family that runs a large Inn. Not a huge difference between hotels and inns.
Old 2011-08-09, 08:30   Link #89
Shadow5YA

Watch as Tooru wants omelette rice when he visits the festival.
Old 2011-08-09, 11:51   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

All I have to say about the Paris Hilton comparison is that I'm eagerly waiting for Yuina's private tape (one huge different between the two is that Yuina is actually beautiful whereas Paris is... ugh).
Old 2011-08-09, 11:53   Link #91
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Lol, that would just be so perfect. XD
Old 2011-08-09, 17:36   Link #92
icatero
well, okay

Minko may be a hypocrite, but it's not like she made a big fuss over anything in the name of Tohru. She took the whole broiled fish thing pretty well too. Everyone liked her revised menu, but noooo, the other girl had to be such a bad sport. What if Kirito didn't even order omelet rice? LOL
Old 2011-08-09, 20:00   Link #93
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Worse he came to be served by Ohana.
Old 2011-08-09, 23:32   Link #94
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This episode captures almost everything that is wrong with the show.
  • Too much time spent on little short stories that makes the plot feel extremely superfluous.
  • The comedy is largely hit or miss, and too many times does it come at the cost of humilating some of its characters. While the Ohana fantasy of Kou might've been a tad funny, it desmaculaninated yet another character in this series.
  • Some characters just have to get off the screen. Jinomaru and Enishi are just painful saps of pitiful garbage lying on the side walk that no one wants to spend extended time looking at before they feel they need to GTFO of there like Tomoe in this episode.
  • The lack of an OST really makes the pace in certain spots feel even more slow than it otherwise would be with a sound track to set the mood.
  • The drama leaves its audience very apathetic to the events at play. Who the fuck cares about omelette rice? I actually cheered when Minko bitched that girl out. I mean wtf, are we freaking 5 years old?
  • The main theme of this show, learning to love your work, is really poorly integrated and feels overly forced at times into the show in a manner that makes the show seem preachy. I mean first we take a cliche plot line in this story like a cultural festival, and then we force in the idea of a cafe because it has to do with their work. We then showcase our characters loving to do what they're always doing, WORKING... There's learning to love your work, and then there's being obsessed with your work for unknown reasons. I don't feel this show has adequately answered why they love their work so much and what i means to them, the characters that is.
  • Underdeveloped cast. It is shocking to me that at this point we're still wasting time on episode arcs dedicated to specific characters which are supposed to unveil some greater understanding to many of the side cast when these said arcs in general have done very little for most of the characters. I mean look at Tomoe, what have we learned about her since her episode? In fact, she's barely had any screen time at all this episode for example except having to listen to Enishi make a fool of himself.

So once again I'm left befuddled by yet another Hanasaku episode that had extremely haphazard pacing and character development, and plot, and comedy, or what have you. 6/10
Agree with all of these, except i think these has been persistent with the show for awhile already. Close to identity crisis, but not entirely.This episode is actually a little bit more enjoyable than the last fews in fact

Drama over omelet rice is not so unrealistic. But do we actually need to spend this whole arc (and the development implicating by it) on a bunch of drama queens? What's next? Yuina gonna mad at Ohana for wearing pink ribbon, so Ohana start to remember how Kou used to let her do everything she want? Very possible actually
Kou. I feel sorry for you man. The only way that they can keep you on the screen is getting you wearing a girl kimono. But admittedly, i bloody almost forgot that you existed previous to that. Don't worry that dream either was because the director on crack, or Ohana is les toward you(which means you are f***ed either way).
Old 2011-08-09, 23:35   Link #95
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Male characters are easily forgotten in this show, while female characters grabs all attention every time they appeals.

...except for Mamejii...
Old 2011-08-13, 12:46   Link #96
ookamigirl

So it's cultural festival time
Nice episode even though they struggled with issues again.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-08-13, 12:57   Link #97
calorie

Sadly, I must say I agree with the comments on how this show has become less interesting over time than we have been led to believe it was going to be. The first half a dozen or so episodes I felt, were the best, with only another brief surge of decent drama revolving around Ohana's trip back to Tokyo.

There aren't even the old OP/ED sequences to brighten the mood. Such a pity - the animation is still pretty great.
Old 2011-08-14, 16:45   Link #98
FireChick

This episode was great!

My only problem with it was the girl Yuki who complained about omelet rice not being on the menu. I mean, did she seriously HAVE to make such a big deal about it? I mean, so what if her crush likes it? If more people don’t agree with having omelet rice on the menu, then she should’ve accepted the decision and not had to complain about it. She was the one being the brat and not Minko, IMO. Normally I don’t like Minko, but for once I actually agree with her. If they don’t have the proper equipment, then it can’t be helped. That girl shouldn’t have complained about the whole omelet rice thing. So yeah even I get disappointed when my favorite food isn't served, but even I know better than to throw a temper tantrum about it! And those girls shouldn't have been on her side either! It's common sense!
Old 2011-08-14, 16:50   Link #99
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
This episode was great!

My only problem with it was the girl Yuki who complained about omelet rice not being on the menu. I mean, did she seriously HAVE to make such a big deal about it? I mean, so what if her crush likes it? If more people don’t agree with having omelet rice on the menu, then she should’ve accepted the decision and not had to complain about it.
But that's the thing. Three people were for the inclusion, two would rather not get involved in the argument, and one was against.

Unfortunately, the one was Minko, who played the "it's not a democracy" card.
Old 2013-06-10, 12:35   Link #100
Pengu

Another good episode.
Only things that is irking me about this series as a whole is the total uselessness of all male characters and that the lead female charaters has to be the most beautiful amazing people in the entire school/city. A female can be interesting without being almost perfect....
Also wish more than ever that Nako and Ohana had ended up in the same class.

Last edited by Pengu; 2013-06-10 at 12:48.
Closed Thread