AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-28, 18:46   Link #161
Lesca

xD Hypernova, too true.
Konoka's actress didn't look quite as freaked out to be doing that, but that could be because she's a few years older than Setsuna's actress.
The next episode has something to do with Kazumi? I want the Eva stuff to start, has to sometime soon right?
Old 2007-10-28, 20:03   Link #162
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Considering the manga spent almost 10 volumes before they even held hands... I find that pic really kind of indicative of just how sad this is.
Old 2007-10-29, 00:50   Link #163
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesca View Post
The next episode has something to do with Kazumi? I want the Eva stuff to start, has to sometime soon right?
This is one reason why I haven't begun watching this series: it's obvious that the show will most likely focus on the "31 girl" aspect instead of the more important/interesting "magic" aspect, so why bother watching this show if it's going to make the same mistake that Xebec made?
Old 2007-10-29, 02:03   Link #164
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

I watched a bit of the show and it wasn't as bad as I anticipated it to be. The acting is a bit stiff, but then it is somewhat funning seeing them in live action. Konoka's actress is...meh...I prefer the manga or anime ^^;
Old 2007-10-30, 13:02   Link #165
Mad Dog
Banned

More info about the cancellation:

T.V. Tykyo corp has announced that they will be releasing a press release in about 2 weeks concerning the possible cancellation of the Negima Live Action Series. The report states that due to dwindling viewership and a mass of hate mail about the Live Action Series, has forced them to consider canceling the show.
Old 2007-10-30, 13:15   Link #166
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

damn it. I really liked the look of it. Apparently, all the episodes have been made, so they'll probably be released on the net or as a straight to DVD thing to try and gain lost revenue from it (at least I hope so).
Old 2007-10-30, 14:41   Link #167
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
The fact that they managed to make all the eps in such short amount of time shows that they didn't put in squat for effort.
Old 2007-10-30, 14:59   Link #168
Mad Dog
Banned

Well I'm sure if Negima had the financial support like the Harry Potter franchise then we would have gotten a far different result in the quality of the Live Action series. But sadly they don't. But heck even the Negima franchise should have been able to put something better together than this.
Old 2007-10-30, 15:41   Link #169
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye, there's something just not "connecting the dots" about the Negima franchise. I don't know if Ken is the problem himself or he's getting bad advice or what.

A live-action series *could* have easily been some serious win even on a minor budget but once again, we've got massive retcon of characters and events --- newsflash to Ken's "people" ... its the gods ... damned ... *STORY* and character studies that make Negima so popular. The magical combat and T&A are nice but without the story - quickly forgettable.
Old 2007-10-30, 15:51   Link #170
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
The studios just wanted to milk the Negima name that's why they didn't put in any effort to make a decent show. From the production value seen so far you would need god like plot to make it good. All they intended was to minimise the cost not how to maximise viewers. They tend to forget that when it's comes to ACG's it's the fan base that generates money not the advertisers.
Old 2007-11-03, 22:44   Link #171
Suzuka
PsychoBunneh

Send a message via AIM to Suzuka Send a message via MSN to Suzuka
I'm disappointed and I haven't even seen the show; The original promo pics looked interesting enough, but all I've heard is fairly negative. This really isn't a series that was made for live action; it'd probably work better as a movie or straight-to-dvd. I was dissappointed enough with the quality of the Sailor Moon Live Action, and people seemed to like that!

-Suzuka
Old 2007-11-11, 21:27   Link #172
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

What I've seen of this live action thing is so NOT negima that it's funny. It's somewhat like how Negima!? was so NOT negima that it makes you laugh, if you get what I mean, except it is even MORE off than Negima!? Personally, I think both anime series and this live action series was made rather poorly. I would rank it Manga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>//(totally unsurpassable wall of sorts) Negima!>>>>>>Negima!?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Live action. Negima! had poor animation and extremely bad execution of the Kyoto arc and that crappy anime-only ending, Negima!? was pretty much not negima except for the first 2 episodes if I remember correctly, and this Live Action is just...not negima at all. I think the patch that is Chamo-kun pretty much says it all. As for the anime, the only thing good about them was the amazing voice work (and honestly, Negima!? had pretty decent animation)
Old 2007-11-11, 22:00   Link #173
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

I couldn't believe that they actually made this series into live action.
Gokusen was done very well, and I think it was much better then the anime (haven't seen the manga).
But I really can't picture Negima! in live action, where in the heck did that idea come from?
I can see shows like Karin or Ghost Hunt being made into a live actions, but Negima!?
Old 2007-11-18, 13:42   Link #174
Mad Dog
Banned

Ah hell...... good news for you LA fans.... if any.

T.V. Tokyo came out with their press release and it says that they WILL continue with the broadcasting of the LA Negima series. However It says that Akamatsu HIMSELF came to to the Studio and PAID out of his own pocket for the aire time for the rest of the series to be shown.

So it looks like the cancellation will not happen and we'll get the total 24 episodes out of this.... damnit.... We can all bash Akamatsu now i think. He just lost ALOT more credibility from me again. If he does anything this stupid ever again I'm just going to stop trying and just give up on him.
Old 2007-11-18, 13:45   Link #175
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

YES! **worships Ken Akamatsu** and of course, a celebratory post is not complete with a celebratory....

DESU DESU DESU

hehe ^_^
Old 2007-11-18, 13:52   Link #176
Mad Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmarleypeople View Post
YES! **worships Ken Akamatsu** and of course, a celebratory post is not complete with a celebratory....

DESU DESU DESU

hehe ^_^
Shut up!
Old 2007-11-18, 21:58   Link #177
Asrialys

Maybe there's something in store for us by the end of the series? They saved all their money for the end :P Or Akamatsu was forced to do it!

Seriously, I'm starting to think that Mad Dog is indeed that Don/Hudson person who kept flaming Omni for blogging Negima!? and the AquaStar group for "mis-translations." Also was a rabid Nodoka fan who thought that the Nodoka from the first series looked better animation-wise than the one from the second series. And he also kept saying that everyone should petition for some chapters of the manga to be rewritten when Nodoka took a fall (can't remember what) and was taken out of the happenings for a bit. AND he was supposedly the one who kept putting his own "facts" onto the Negima!? and Negima Characters sections of their respective Wikipedia pages, causing a lock of the articles. Of course, I may just be mis-interpreting his rudeness...
Old 2007-11-19, 03:09   Link #178
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

This news does seem rather odd. Can anyone find any reference to this in a reliable site anywhere? If not, then we should assume it's false.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-19, 04:01   Link #179
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So far I've not found *any* reference/site/ouijiboard data bits to validate this.
Old 2007-11-19, 08:19   Link #180
Lesca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So far I've not found *any* reference/site/ouijiboard data bits to validate this.
I've tried looking for info on that as well, couldn't find a thing.

The series is getting better after each episode I think, the actresses are getting more into character. Still waiting for Eva to make a proper appearance but ep 8 might be going into more of the pactio stuff so should be...interesting
Closed Thread