AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-03, 10:31   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kotonoha related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all School Days fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!

Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Spoiler Policy
Warning: It will be tempting to discuss the surprising endings from the game. Let's save such things for discussion in the thread for the game. Let's just say that some of the endings can be nasty and not say another word!

Due to the heavy nature of possible game spoilers we have decided to disallow any further posting of game spoilers in this thread, even under spoiler tags. Read the following rule for clarification:

Any spoiler/hints/discussion, even under the spoiler tags, from the game/manga that leads to the revealtion of any future events to the anime will be deleted from here on. Furthermore, the poster will also earn a ban to empasize the point that no spoiler will be tolerated in this thread.

You are still invited to use spoiler tags if you feel the need to.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-08-03, 10:48   Link #2
Joka

She is the best character out of the whole bunch right now.

She is as immature as the others, because she was thinking to her self "boys only want mah bewbs" and was surprised about it... no shit Einstein, of course they only want your bewbs or at least most of them.

She is going to make a big fuck up in the upcoming episodes to keep her immature boyfriend with her. High school drama and tears feed me soul
Old 2007-08-03, 15:01   Link #3
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka View Post
She is the best character out of the whole bunch right now.

She is as immature as the others, because she was thinking to her self "boys only want mah bewbs" and was surprised about it... no shit Einstein, of course they only want your bewbs or at least most of them.

She is going to make a big fuck up in the upcoming episodes to keep her immature boyfriend with her. High school drama and tears feed me soul
Yes exactly given her lack of experience with boys this has caused a probelm for her. What did she expect she is a high school girl with above averge looks and huge breasts. Every guy in school prbobley has her in their spank bank.

At this point the fact that she has no confidence and she starting dating Motoko purely for physical reasons. She knew nothing about him except that he was a cute boy tha rode the train and was watching her. I do agree she will make a big F up to keep him. But she is not without her faults her standards are not realisitc she needs to snap out of her dream world and look at real life. But still she is a sweet girl and i dont want to see her hurt
Old 2007-08-03, 15:31   Link #4
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
kotonoha is the love character!

shy polite and kind ~ you dont get much better than this ^.^
not only that but in ep 5 we also see her trying her best to not be too shy around makoto ~ and you people who hated her shyness to begin with i can only laugh

she may not be extreme like sekai in the confidence department but she is trying ~ my ideal realistic girl

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-03, 15:37   Link #5
Shana

^ agree

If a girls says to Kotonoha "Kotonoha-san... I... I... I LIKE YOU!" Kotonoha will say "etto ~ you really like me?" she says "yes, I do!" and Kotonoha, "Okay, so... ~ I'll do my best to like you too! *smiles*" ~ What I'm trying to say is, she always gives her best on all the things she do. She wants Makoto to be happy and she try her best to make him happy.
Old 2007-08-03, 15:47   Link #6
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shana View Post
^ agree

If a girls says to Kotonoha "Kotonoha-san... I... I... I LIKE YOU!" Kotonoha will say "etto ~ you really like me?" she says "yes, I do!" and Kotonoha, "Okay, so... ~ I'll do my best to like you too! *smiles*" ~ What I'm trying to say is, she always gives her best on all the things she do. She wants Makoto to be happy and she try her best to make him happy.
The fact that Koto is trying her hardest to break out of her shell is a wonderful thing. In the end and in the future i think it will work well for her in later relationships. I stick to the point that they are just not compatible if Motoko had taken things slower and been more patient, thing might have been different. If i had to pick a character to feel most sorry for its her. Its always hard when the sweet girl get hurt.

I got pissed at Motoko when she said she wanted to go to the pool to work on the relationship this to me was sign she wanted to work on things, but the way he treated her during and especially afterward was shitty. She didnt do her hair because she didnt want him to wait, then he ignores her and starts talking to Sekai when she comes out, then his antics at the train station. I have to go the train is coming no thank you no i had fun nothing to me that shitty.
Old 2007-08-04, 08:43   Link #7
Echoes

I find her the most appealing character as of now. She's innocent, kind and well-meaning, and she even tries to adjust to the needs of her not-so-gentle boyfriend. She seems pretty ideal to me, both in appearance and conduct.

As for the Motoko bashing, I whole-heartedly agree, but there's another thread reserved for him.
Old 2007-08-04, 08:46   Link #8
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Kotonoha's expectations are too high. She wants a boyfriend who can take her to Europe, rides a white horse in uniform etc.

What Junior High School boy can do that?

Kotonoha is nice, extremely attractive, but unfortunately boring and high maintenance. However if my predictions are true, she will get extremely interesting soon

I do think Kotonoha's little sister will grow up to be a hotty and with a personality though! Maybe Kokoro-chan will steal Kotonoha-neesan's next boyfriend!
Old 2007-08-04, 11:19   Link #9
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ innocent dreams of a girl well brought up is all i can say :3 but while no boy can fulfill her wish to the exact dot i dont see her going out and requesting for it either ~ sekai asked her for an ideal mood swinger and you get one right out of a story book (how cute! ^.^) where in sekai's mind she would probably be happy doing it anywhere as long as its with makoto...

boring and high maintenance is only one view...if a guy (like me) likes those types of girls they are willing to show time and effection to grow the relationship into something long term...not everyone likes a quicky: "wham bang thankyou bye ~"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-04, 11:48   Link #10
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
"wham bang thankyou bye ~"
Dont think Aceywacey meant it that way.

But it does come down to personal prefrence. Some guys like the easy going shy type, others like a girl who has lots of energy and is outgoing. But let us not forget women are one of the most intriging aspect of life. Just when you think you know them you really dont. I beleive Koto will show us why people should not underestimate her.
Old 2007-08-04, 13:07   Link #11
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Dont think Aceywacey meant it that way.

But it does come down to personal prefrence. Some guys like the easy going shy type, others like a girl who has lots of energy and is outgoing. But let us not forget women are one of the most intriging aspect of life. Just when you think you know them you really dont. I beleive Koto will show us why people should not underestimate her.
Adversity breeds change hun...Well I can defiantly see plenty of room for change with kotonoha's personality I can't say all of it would be for the better.

The way kotonoha was at the start of the show kindof reminds me of a blank slate with her naiveness and all. Its an endearing quality for sure to me, but the problem is that it makes her easily influenced and swayed by the people around her especially ones that she forms an emotional attachment to.

Sadly she had to stumble upon makoto...inadvertent destroyer of innocence.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-08-07, 13:34   Link #12
Sekai
Nekomimi ~

Send a message via MSN to Sekai
When I only saw a few scenes of the game, I didn't like Kotonoha. In the anime, I like her a lot more than before. She's very cute, and I think she should be Makoto's girlfriend, so I want a happy Kotonoha ending. (By the way, sorry for my english -.-")
Old 2007-08-07, 13:38   Link #13
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekai View Post
When I only saw a few scenes of the game, I didn't like Kotonoha. In the anime, I like her a lot more than before. She's very cute, and I think she should be Makoto's girlfriend, so I want a happy Kotonoha ending. (By the way, sorry for my english -.-")
QFT!

I do not agree with Kotonoha being with Makoto tho =3 I would rather have her be with someone else to make her happy.

PS: I like the fact your user name is Sekai =D

Last edited by Never Knows Best; 2007-08-07 at 16:01.
Old 2007-08-07, 13:44   Link #14
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
Quote:
Sadly she had to stumble upon makoto...inadvertent destroyer of innocence. [/FONT]
Super Saiyan QFT! Kotonoha is the type of girl that I like =) and I kind of wish that she didn't meet Makoto because of his perverted grabbyness. I think she deserves a man that is willing to respect her personal boundaries and ask her if she is ready to go to the next level instead of just going for what he wants.

Last edited by Never Knows Best; 2007-08-07 at 13:45. Reason: Forgot exclamation point after Super Saiyan QFT! =D
Old 2007-08-07, 15:26   Link #15
Echoes

You doublepost and "QFT" two completely contradicting opinions. The first saying Koto should end up as Makoto's girlfriend, and the second saying you wish she'd never met him. (points to the edit button)

I definitely think Koto deserves a decent man, but I fear she'll end up fighting for a guy that won't be worth a minute of her time. I think it'll be a painful, if not traumatizing experience for her.
Old 2007-08-07, 16:00   Link #16
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
You doublepost and "QFT" two completely contradicting opinions. The first saying Koto should end up as Makoto's girlfriend, and the second saying you wish she'd never met him. (points to the edit button)

I definitely think Koto deserves a decent man, but I fear she'll end up fighting for a guy that won't be worth a minute of her time. I think it'll be a painful, if not traumatizing experience for her.
Your right I did double post the QFT. I was at fault to completely QFT the first one. I agreed that she is cute and I want HER to have a happy ending, however I do not think she should be with Makoto. Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I will fix it.

Sorry for Double post, wasn't sure how to put another quote in an old post ;P

Old 2007-08-07, 16:41   Link #17
Echoes

Glad you worked it out, didn't mean to come across as cold. I'd say we're pretty much on the same page with regards to Kotonoha, then. I hope she realizes how wrong he is for her soon, since it'll be all the more painful the longer she waits.
Old 2007-08-07, 17:24   Link #18
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Glad you worked it out, didn't mean to come across as cold. I'd say we're pretty much on the same page with regards to Kotonoha, then. I hope she realizes how wrong he is for her soon, since it'll be all the more painful the longer she waits.
Once again QFT! =) I hope she realized how wrong he is for her too. I hate to see her get hurt. I don't think she deserves it.

Old 2007-08-09, 18:06   Link #19
Lecrew

Send a message via ICQ to Lecrew Send a message via MSN to Lecrew
Yeah, same here. She's an innocent girl who doesn't like to harm others and trust me Makoto doesn't deserve her to begin with. He will ruin her life.

Kotona deserves a guy who really loves her, care about his relationships, and have the same feelings as her.
Old 2007-08-10, 05:13   Link #20
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Kotonoha's problem is her combination of being too beautiful and too timid.

"Nice" guys that age won't approach her because her looks make her too intimidating.

However "bastard" guys will, because they tend to have more confidence.

Kotonoha will not initiate any form of contact first herself, so that leaves her at the mercy of the only people who will approach her (the bastards).

I think finding out that Sekai and Makoto was cheating on her will be a very rude wake-up call. She has to change if she doesn't always want to be taken advantage of.
Closed Thread