Notices

Old 2013-04-13, 06:20   Link #13121
Sixth
Hu Tao

Lame chapter. /Sigh
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 06:26   Link #13122
novalysis

Did anyone called this? We should have seen it coming afterall. Medaka's father was Hakinowa Academy chairman and the old chairman merely his double and stand in. I imagine that once Shiranui Hansonde comes of age, she would inherit her grandfather's old role as the subsitute chairman, in the capacity of Medaka's double
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 06:41   Link #13123
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Did anyone called this? We should have seen it coming afterall. Medaka's father was Hakinowa Academy chairman and the old chairman merely his double and stand in. I imagine that once Shiranui Hansonde comes of age, she would inherit her grandfather's old role as the subsitute chairman, in the capacity of Medaka's double
It was already stated that the double system has already been demolished and proof of that is that is Medaka having no more double that way Hansode is free to live her life.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 10:55   Link #13124
silver001

They should really put this manga out of its misery. This is just ridiculous or maybe it is just so normal for the manga (still doesn't make it not stupid though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I was surprise but mainly because on an earlier chapter they said the real chairman was too incompetent as the chairman, so shiranui's father ended being being the chairman.

I didn't think the idiot was actually medaka father.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 11:16   Link #13125
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver001 View Post
They should really put this manga out of its misery.
Honestly, I'll be one of the first guys to say that I like this manga, but I also have to say; I'm so surprised this thing didn't get axed already. There's more next chapter? Is it an epilogue or an entierly new arc?
Old 2013-04-13, 12:16   Link #13126
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Honestly, I'll be one of the first guys to say that I like this manga, but I also have to say; I'm so surprised this thing didn't get axed already. There's more next chapter? Is it an epilogue or an entierly new arc?
Zenkichi saying "is not over yet. Our days with Medaka-chan will continue" and the troll of the last page, what do you think is trying to imply?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 12:29   Link #13127
summers

someone send that the story of this manga was lots of hype disappointing finish and have to agree with that after last chapter. the message mashup was sweet, but the fight was soooo bad. At least other characters got to look threatening or we got to see them fly away in a second, But we just medaka smile and then Kumugawa loses.

I really like this manga, more that Naruto Bleach and onepiece. And dont mind that its ending because it was looking like it wasn't "OMG this shit get this off print now, cancel cancel canceled". at, at least 3 different points in this manga is could have ended and I would have been like "OK" but the flash, on to the next one nature of the fights especial Kumagawa's make it seem like its not ending on its own terms.

Oh an example of one of the OK end points is after medaka came back from stopping the moon.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 12:43   Link #13128
Westlo
Lets be reality

^ Last arc was 4 chapters long, this could be a 2 chapter epilogue for all we know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
I mean if it will end faster that will just prove that the rumor was a lie.
Means nothing, Jump rarely cancel a single series, Joker could end next issue, Medaka the next and Kiruko-san after that. Jump could easily put in 2 new series and return Hunter X Hunter (yeah right togashi you lazy bastard lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Beelzebub seems to be doing fine in ratings lately again so I dont see that happening in near future with that series.
It's starting to be near lower mid than mid, it's certainly not the darling it was a few years ago since a lot of new series have taken it's shine so to say, + Kuroko blew the f up.

I'll say JUMP tiers are...

One Piece Status - One Piece
Million sellers - Hunter X Hunter, Naruto and soon to be Assassination Classroom
500k+ series - Bleach, Kuroko, Gintama, Toriko
New guard - Nisekoi, Haikyuu!!, Shokugeki no Souma, PSI Kusuo Saiki
Mid tier - Beelzebub, Sket Dance
Bottom dwellers - Medaka Box, Cross Menage, Kiruko-san and Hungry Joker.

Jury's still out on World Trigger, but has ranked well so far so it might join the other 5 "new" hits for Jump.

So yeah Beelzebub & Sket Dance will clearly get that "pressure" that Medaka is under, that Reborn and Mago had etc. I mean imagine Hunter X Hunter comes back with 2 other new series to replace Medaka, Kiruko-san and Hungry Joker. Now these 2 new series are say on the level of Shokugeki no Souma... what gets cut? Cross Menage and....

Hypothetical though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
When are those gonna end again?
Also Bleach needs to bite the dust.
Wasn't Naruto supposed to be ending sometime soon? Well i guess they're gonna milk it for atleast another half year.
I'll say they will go on as long as they are able to until they get the tap on the shoulder.

Bleach is on its way to the end, it could just take 3 years, and it is still a big seller for JUMP, they wish their golden boy Toriko could get the sales of Bleach lol.

Yes Naruto is also on the way to the end, (but again that could take a while) that's the reason Toriko was pushed so much, because they wanted it to fill the gap left after Naruto and Bleach.. if Togashi was a constant contributor it wouldn't matter as much but yeah we all know what happened here lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Compared to his Monogatari series, the writing in Medaka Box is really lackluster. The conversations aren't anywhere near as interesting and while a lot of the concepts are interesting and subvert shounen tropes, their execution leaves a lot to be desired.
This really is more than likely a side project for him, I doubt he takes it that seriously compared to the 4-5 novels he writes at a time. Even his monogatari series has low spots (Nise 2) which unfortunately has mostly been animated lately, Zen + Kizu is the series back at it's full strength though. But yeah Zaregoto >>>>>>>>>>>>
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 14:44   Link #13129
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Son of a BITCH!!!! Tell us Kumagawa and Anshin's message you JERKS!!!!
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 16:00   Link #13130
M.A.D

Oh gods. I'm just a leecher, and yet I shiver at the sheer amount of text involved whenever a chapter is released. You guys are the best!
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 17:28   Link #13131
Last Carpet

I figured she'd come back as a teacher, but as headmaster....hmm....give the phrase "hot for teacher" a whole new meaning

Wonder how Zen will continue the "walking in on her changing" gag now?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 19:10   Link #13132
Homura7

I'm still wondering why they didn't show Kumagawa and Anshin's farewells to Medaka. There must be something.

Shiranui's grandpa being Kajiki's double caught me offguard.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 20:51   Link #13133
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
I'm still wondering why they didn't show Kumagawa and Anshin's farewells to Medaka. There must be something.

Shiranui's grandpa being Kajiki's double caught me offguard.
I still think its ch 185 page 19 panel 4.

Otherwise there would be a bit of a contradiction with the flower run...
You know about writing a message to Medaka.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 16:29   Link #13134
Last Carpet

Time for my speculation/prediction

Zen will need to enter in another election to remain SC president.

Medaka will call him to her office and he'll walk in on her changing clothes
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 23:20   Link #13135
Kinali

I would have never expected a reaction like that from Medaka just by reading what Zenkichi wrote. It's like her motivation went way up just with that. Don't tell me that made her realize what her new purpose is.

Last edited by Kinali; 2013-04-15 at 02:40.
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 12:25   Link #13136
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinali View Post
I would have never expected a reaction like that from Medaka just by reading what Zenkichi wrote. It's like her motivation went way up just with that. Don't tell me that made her realize what her new purpose is.
Well I'll be honest that it wasn't the most amazing or unique message, but it fits his character of being straightforward and supportive. Zenkichi may not be physically following her but he gives her his blessing and shows that he doesn't want to hold her ambitions back either. And it could've been related to the overall planning of the event and getting all the people together to give her a good farewell.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 12:49   Link #13137
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ As a person that every so often puts massive effort into surprises for his fiance, I can confirm this is a lot of work and in real life circumstances .. can be very very very very very expensive.
Old 2013-04-15, 14:46   Link #13138
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
^

Million sellers - Hunter X Hunter, Naruto and soon to be Assassination Classroom
I'm really surprised at Assassination Classroom. I've only read about 9 chapters of it, and the series isinteresting, but it's scary how fast it caught on.

I've also been really surprised at the positions of Naruto lately (Bleach has been dropping for a while). Seeing it more mid and getting beat out by series like Nisekoi (a good series, but not something you'd expect to beat one of the Big Three) makes you realize that readers really do seem to be suffering from fatigue. I know I've barely read Naruto since this whole war started and have no plans to pick it up again soon.

Quote:
This really is more than likely a side project for him, I doubt he takes it that seriously compared to the 4-5 novels he writes at a time. Even his monogatari series has low spots (Nise 2) which unfortunately has mostly been animated lately, Zen + Kizu is the series back at it's full strength though. But yeah Zaregoto >>>>>>>>>>>>
I agree. I'm sure he probably doesn't care about MB nearly as much as his LNs. Other may disagree, but I find it quite apparent in the quality of the work. Sometimes, there's moments of brilliance, like the whole StuCo race arc with Ajimu or simple things like a certain confession from chapter 60. But overall, the writing itself has been fairly bland and the story at times felt like it he was trying to be different just to be different, not becuse he really had anything great planned. I think that really came through during the last three arcs.

I really liked it when he had started to humanize Medaka a bit by having her begin to finally understand people, but then he turns her into an indestructible moon-destroying god and ruins the whole thing.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2013-04-15 at 21:31.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 17:27   Link #13139
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Jury's still out on World Trigger, but has ranked well so far so it might join the other 5 "new" hits for Jump.

So yeah Beelzebub & Sket Dance will clearly get that "pressure" that Medaka is under, that Reborn and Mago had etc. I mean imagine Hunter X Hunter comes back with 2 other new series to replace Medaka, Kiruko-san and Hungry Joker. Now these 2 new series are say on the level of Shokugeki no Souma... what gets cut? Cross Menage and....

Hypothetical though.
I'd say Souma will be a solid midfielder for a long time. The art itself is probably the highest tier the entire WSJ palette has to offer. Longtime Tosh! fans should be buying up the tankobons pretty heftily so i wouldn't be worried about Souma leaving 5-10 anytime soon. Even if it should tank sales will keep it up high enough to not get axed for a few years.

Cross Menage i haven't read yet, probably ain'tworthwhile anyway, same as Kiruko. Kiruko just didn't have the necessary appeal gag mangas need imo. Neither were the characters on a level to be able to compensate for the lack of the prementioned emptiness in the plot/gags imo.

Haven't read PSI yet either, probably gonna give it a shot sometime soon.ú

I still wonder how Haikyuu, Kuroko and Nisekoi are keeping up their streak, they are relatively stale. Stale like Beelzebub when it strays from it's usual path and goes full cliché fighting manga mode.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 00:04   Link #13140
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Pretty sure it's for real this time guys.
Spoiler:

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council