AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2007-03-25, 05:50   Link #141
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by harukamae View Post
OK This is really driving me nuts so I could use some help. I've seen people posting all over about this and saying it was proven in Tsumihoroboshi-hen, but I don't recall any evidence of-

Spoiler:

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I've been flipping through threads and haven't found an answer, so if it is true and you guys are burnt out discussing it, could someone point me to the appropriate episode or TIPs?
In episode 25 there is a flashback of Keiichi, showing it
In the flashback the syringe turns into a marker

Rika's Syringe is too much spoiler...
Old 2007-03-25, 06:20   Link #142
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

like theacefrehley said, it was answered in ep25, when keiichi had his... "ephiphany" about what really happened in Onikakushi. (just after he told his past to the girls)

as for Rika's Syringue, you should read this TIPS
not really a spoiler, since it is supposed to be a part of tsumihoroboshi which the anime skipped. it should give you some clues.

but anyway, it is explained in Minagoroshi.
Old 2007-03-25, 17:05   Link #143
Rias

Further elaborate on the marker:

I think most of these scene were cut out in the anime, but in the game, Mion said "I'll make you end up like Tomitake" before apporaching with the "syringe" in Onikakushi (I think in the anime they changed the line to "So that you will feel better soon"). At that point, Keiichi (and probably most of the readers) all thought that "end up like Tomitake" means death.

However, in Onikakushi-hen, during the festival, Tomitake recieved a batsu-game from the club members: They drew on his shirt with a marker, with words of encouragements, for Tomitake to bring home (since he was suppose to go back to Tokyo the day after). If one think about that scene, we can see that Mion really meant to cheer up Keiichi like they did for Tomitake.
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 07:27   Link #144
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
Thanks guys, I went back and watched 25 as well as read the TIPS...

Now I can sleep at night knowing the truth of the marker...

...now if only I could find a fiesta and get me a popsicle...
harukamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 20:46   Link #145
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

I made a mistake by asking a question in the other Q&A thread, considering that it was for the games only, and here I am again to ask that question:

Is there a site that has translations of the Drama CDs or the game itself?
dspr8_rugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 06:21   Link #146
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspr8_rugged View Post
I made a mistake by asking a question in the other Q&A thread, considering that it was for the games only, and here I am again to ask that question:

Is there a site that has translations of the Drama CDs or the game itself?
http://zettai.makenaidesuwayo.com/

http://zettai.makenaidesuwayo.com/club/index.php
Old 2007-04-05, 08:18   Link #147
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

I'll rephrase my question: Is there a site that has translations to the game scripts or the drama CDs, similar to SuzuHaru's Baka-Tsuki?
dspr8_rugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 20:38   Link #148
chrno_the_sinner

No. Ayyo's blog (makenaidesuwayo.com) used to have an aricle on what was missing from the anime, but he took his blog down completely.

If you want to see what was taken out the best way is to look through the first couple pages of each episode thread. SushiY usually put a list of how the episode did and a vauge idea of what was taken out.
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 12:29   Link #149
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
Since there's so many fansub's coming out, anybody suggest which one to choose and why?
sasuke13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 01:13   Link #150
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke13 View Post
Since there's so many fansub's coming out, anybody suggest which one to choose and why?
Normally, WinD would be the way to go, since they usually put out fast subs that became accurate as time went on, since people who played the game helped out translate.

Since they haven't released anything yet, I'd go with Shinsen for the moment, but I'm ready to switch to Hauu if they stay consistent or get better.
Old 2007-07-19, 21:27   Link #151
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Pardon my ignorance and lack of motivation to attempt reading all the posts at this thread, but anyone here knows for how many episodes the second Higurashi series is going to run?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 02:31   Link #152
Renchan

Higurashi Kai will have 24 episodes.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 03:06   Link #153
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Spoiler for Oyashiro-sama - possibly HUGE game spoilers?:
Note: the above is not about auau-tan.
SeventhHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 16:19   Link #154
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhHS View Post
Spoiler for Oyashiro-sama - possibly HUGE game spoilers?:
Note: the above is not about auau-tan.

As far as I know, that is a fan-made character made to represent Oyashiro-sama before Hanyuu was introduced. She was in that Higurashi/Lucky Star video too.
Old 2007-07-24, 12:32   Link #155
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

sorry i do not know where to post this question but : Can Hanyuu get killed?
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 08:55   Link #156
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
I was wondering: do the next few arcs focus on specific characters, like the first season did? I know there's an emphasis on Rika, but will we get to see more Rena, Mion, Shion and Satoko in the spotlight?

It'd be cool if the last few arcs focused on everyone's "efforts", as the story is coming to an end. I particularly would like to see Rena in the spotlight again =(
Old 2007-07-25, 09:43   Link #157
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
I was wondering: do the next few arcs focus on specific characters, like the first season did? I know there's an emphasis on Rika, but will we get to see more Rena, Mion, Shion and Satoko in the spotlight?

It'd be cool if the last few arcs focused on everyone's "efforts", as the story is coming to an end. I particularly would like to see Rena in the spotlight again =(
You will see by yourself. but as tiny hint, do you believe Rika alone will be able to shatter this fate?

i think the answer is self explanatory for your question ^^
Old 2007-07-26, 16:21   Link #158
Makahari2000

Question : Is Saikoroshi-hen canon, or just an alternate ending?

If it's canon I may have to cry a little.
Makahari2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 21:28   Link #159
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Ok, I started as an anime-watcher for Higurashi and recently I'm clearing up things for me to be able to understand what the anime has shown so far (which means I have little to no idea with Minagoroshi-hen or Matsuribayashi-hen). So I read TIPS to supplement everything.

Anyway, I just want to clear up things in Onikakushi-hen. From what I know, Keichi was delirious which led him to the murder of Rena and Mion. However, I need explanations/confirmations on these items. Though, if you think the answer will spoil too much for me, just do tell.

1. Rena was worked up with Keichi knowing details of the dam incident. Was there a reason for this? Or is it just another of his delusions?

2. Mion said she should have killed Ooishi back then, reality or delusion? If it was real, can anyone explain without spoiling me too much?

3. Rena delivering lunch to Keichi. Before I didn't know why she would joke around like that. But is it a joke related to the zombie game (which I just learned was supposed to be shown in Onikakushi-hen).

4. The needle in the onigiri? Just a delusion?

5. When Keiichi meets Rena in the road with a hatchet, can explain why? And why those two henchmen are chasing after him? Or were they chasing after Rena?

6. Last question, do I assume that Rena did kill Rina and Satoko's uncle in Onikakushi-hen?
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 21:40   Link #160
Shion's Sanity
Banned

1. Rena was worked up with Keichi knowing details of the dam incident. Was there a reason for this? Or is it just another of his delusions?

What exact moment are you referring to?

2. Mion said she should have killed Ooishi back then, reality or delusion? If it was real, can anyone explain without spoiling me too much?

I have no idea. If it were real, remember who her family is. She would have been mad about him making her out as a murderer to Keiichi.

3. Rena delivering lunch to Keichi. Before I didn't know why she would joke around like that. But is it a joke related to the zombie game (which I just learned was supposed to be shown in Onikakushi-hen).

Joke around like what?

4. The needle in the onigiri? Just a delusion?

Seemingly, a delusion.

5. When Keiichi meets Rena in the road with a hatchet, can explain why? And why those two henchmen are chasing after him? Or were they chasing after Rena?

Possibly an illusion, but maybe she was carrying it to the junkyard to finish getting out her "treasure". As to why they were chasing him, I'm not sure, so let's assume that goes in the "major spoiler" category.

6. Last question, do I assume that Rena did kill Rina and Satoko's uncle in Onikakushi-hen?

Why would you assume that?O_o
Shion's Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote