AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-04-14, 19:34   Link #981
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Spoiler for .:
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 19:42   Link #982
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Spoiler for .:
Yeah. I guess HTT might be facing some competition this time.
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 19:57   Link #983
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

I swear... Mr. and Mrs Hirasawa better be home with there one child still High school.. If not, Ui must be lonely when shes at home.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 22:08   Link #984
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there is always the Anthology Comics....
Spoiler for Heh:
Old 2011-04-15, 04:58   Link #985
ReddyRedWolf

It would be amusing if the girls are invited to a mixer or find out their peers have boyfriends. Coming to realization they missed a lot in their own little world.

Also I wonder also of what is happening in Sakura high with Sawa-chan, Azusa, Ui and Jun.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 05:05   Link #986
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Also I wonder also of what is happening in Sakura high with Sawa-chan, Azusa, Ui and Jun.
We'll know in the next chapter!
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 12:49   Link #987
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We will find out in about a week or two, maybe three depending on translation time.
Old 2011-04-16, 00:34   Link #988
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Me thinks that some of the new K-On recruits for the HS side will be in Sawako's homeroom.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 00:36   Link #989
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

AHHHH!!!!! I Just read it!! I LOVE IT TO PIECES. <3

Spoiler for Yipee!!!:

i'm so excited for the next uni chapter. can't wait to see the trio too. XDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
It would be amusing if the girls are invited to a mixer or find out their peers have boyfriends. Coming to realization they missed a lot in their own little world.
man, i don't mah girls to have boyfriends. DX
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 09:09   Link #990
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
man, i don't mah girls to have boyfriends. DX

And this is why this genre can never think out of the box. :/
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 09:15   Link #991
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
And this is why this genre can never think out of the box. :/
What does genre have to do with that?

Last edited by Otaku Guy; 2011-04-16 at 12:21. Reason: Grammar
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 11:29   Link #992
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
What genre have to do with that?
He's talking about the tendency of some fans to put their fantasies on a caged pedestal where the characters are never allowed to be free. It often results in a crippled story, frozen in place.
Old 2011-04-16, 12:23   Link #993
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
He's talking about the tendency of some fans to put their fantasies on a caged pedestal where the characters are never allowed to be free. It often results in a crippled story, frozen in place.
It sounds scary the way you put it...
But yeah I can see where you are coming from, actually the more I think about it the more common that actually seems to be.
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 00:05   Link #994
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'm not particularly asking for the series to become a morning soap opera, but I'd certainly like for the series to evolve whatever way the author prefers. Not the way the hordes of 'my waifu' otakus want it to. (God, I swear I go into a killing frenzy everytime I hear the word).
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 00:08   Link #995
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I'm not particularly asking for the series to become a morning soap opera, but I'd certainly like for the series to evolve whatever way the author prefers. Not the way the hordes of 'my waifu' otakus want it to. (God, I swear I go into a killing frenzy everytime I hear the word).
Exactly.... if it makes sense within the storyline - go with it. Not really impressed with people who want to lock someone in a gilded cage be they imaginary or real.
Old 2011-04-20, 10:44   Link #996
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
On that note, the halted-by-lousy-death-threats-from-psychos manga Kannagi has finally got its first issue translated in Chinese released in Taiwan this evening.

Seriously, if you love someone, you'd want to see them happy, not posess them dammit!! Sure, this may seem contradictory to my user-name, but I am able to discern the fact that being a fictional character, Yui-chan is never attainable.

Therefore if one is to truly love a fictional character like her (And her sisters of HTT), he or she should bloody well cheer for them when they form romances and bring out the fireworks (NOT the Haruhi-merchanise burning type, mind ) when they are lucky enough to get married.

I really REALLY hope I won't live to see another talented manga artist scared into seclusion by self-centered assholes who LUST after characters rather than truly love them.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2011-04-20 at 12:11.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 00:12   Link #997
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

LOL. well, as expected, there goes the elite people who do 'think outside the box'.

i dunno if i need to explain my side. but as for now, i just grew so accustomed into seeing them all single that i won't be able to handle if they'd start seeing some people.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 00:49   Link #998
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

There seems to be an EXTREMELY ugly double standard at work here.

In spite of the fact that Toriyama Akira and Watsuki Nobuhiro let Son Goku and Himura Kenshin get married so they can (shock and horror!!) have sex and have adorable little children, they never got a singlular solitary death threat from fucked up fangirls who grew up squeeing over them. Both these sweet nice guys are STILL loyally loved romantically by fangirls in spite of the fact they are OBVIOUSLY no longer virgins.

But lo and behold, have a GIRL who is sweet and kind suddenly appear with a child, nay, just holding hands with a guy and suddenly the author has to hide for his (or her) life for "betraying the fans" and making "my beloved girlfriend used goods." Seriously, I pity any (potential) girlfriends of these Wife-Bashers-In-The-Making might make outside the pages of a manga.

To the eaters-of-excrement who are ruining it for us sane Moe fans:

1) Practice what you preach and stop calling ANYTHING cute PERIOD. That cute toddler you're fawning over? Some "used goods" obviously had sex to bring her into this world!! Oh fire and fucking brimstone! A nice girl has been "soiled" to make this adorable and innocent child!!

2) Don't get married; because possessive deluded trash like you would consider the "love" of your life "used goods" the second you consumate with her, and start beating the poor mother of your child and cheating on her with new "sweet virgin waifus" like the loser that you are.

Sigh...

Steam vented. Garbage like these make it so HARD to admit you are a moe fan in real life without shame.
Old 2011-04-21, 18:53   Link #999
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My tolerance for "gilded cage possessive" behavior vanished during the Kannagi incident and the halting of that series... calling tolerance for that behavior "elite" is a very strange misuse of the word.

The odds are there won't be any deep relationships simply because the story is focused on their musical aspirations and daily moments. Its still the case in Japan that a relationship or marriage often ends a music/acting career... (they "retire" to be a housewife). And of the bunch... I can only visualize Ritsu as challenging that paradigm.

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-04-21 at 21:59.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 19:54   Link #1000
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Besides, they have to be one of the many bands that have to challenge Sawako at her own wedding party, someday.

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life