Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-28, 23:59   Link #381
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
[SPOILER="SPOILER"]
We learn definitively that Blue Rose is into Blue Tiger. And we learn the fate of Kotetsu's wife and his daughter's age.
That's Wild Tiger. Problem is Kotetsu sees her as a daughter. And is giving her away to Barnaby with his approval.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 00:16   Link #382
deadite

Drama CD with Kotetsu, hi wife Tomoe and Antonio's Highschool days. Kotetsu's wife was quite a Tsundere and a glasses girl class rep. She is voiced by Maaya Sakamoto.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 01:34   Link #383
Rushberry
Bang! Bang! Bang!

LOL tsundere tags on this thread

BANDAI SURE SO TSUNDERE <3 <3 <3
Rushberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 01:53   Link #384
TrueKnight

Haha, hilarious ep. Its funny seeing each of the heroes tried to cheer up the baby but ended up failing. Dragon Kid is also amusing in her own way. Blue Rose got wtf pwned finding out Kotetsu is actually married and had a wife and daughter, she has a thing for Tiger but Kotetsu just didn’t see her that way and maybe only as a daughter.

Funny also seeing one of the villain trying to seduce Kotetsu, him denying but then turns out he’s lying, lol. Guys will always be guys no matter what agre. Agnes has a thing for Bunny....maybe.

Finally the naked guy in the end is probably connected with Ouroboros, a NEXT who could blow things up judging from the preview. We also have a flash of Lunatic, and Kotetsu fighting the armed mechs. Ouroboros finally revealed? Tiger + gatling gun never looked so sweet.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 05:42   Link #385
Crontica

The dude is Kotetsu's father?

Either way wonderful death flags on Tiger during the fire scene, Barnaby is going to be suspecting him all day.
Old 2011-05-29, 07:09   Link #386
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Suspecting? Well, at least until he checks Tiger's hands and sees no tatoo, one would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Personally, I agree with Dean_the_Young, I felt last weeks episode was the weakest of the bunch. This episode actually felt more relevant then Blue Rose's spotlight episode tbh, which basically did what you described above, except without the plot relevance.
To be fair, Blue Rose's spotlight episode was still in the 'setting introduction arc', where none of the episodes were particularly relevant to the Orobous/Lunatic story themes. There was pretty much a every-other-episode appearance for any mention of Orebous then as well. Tiger's focus-episode(s), one and two, didn't really tie into the larger plot either.

Now, having some thoughts after having watched the dub:

-Seems like everyone but Dragon Kid understood the value of the present her parents gave, and Tiger even recognized the flower language. Flow language is always a nice device for conveying sentiment.

-Blue Rose really did have her view shocked about Tiger... but then, it's actually hard to tell what it was. Since T&B is avoiding traditional anime pitfalls (rampant blushing, super deformed comedy, etc.), most of what we believe is often projection. I do wonder how it will proceed: while I'd be leery for an actual relationship, one-sided crushing towards an older figure is a phase all teens and older kids go through.

-So Dragon Kid's from... China? Not too surprised, but as with most anime no one in the cast looks particularly Japanese. Says more about the culture than the show, though.

-Bunny is definitely opening up to working with Tiger. Still some guilt, but also acceptance: hope he doesn't go too soft, since their irritation at each other was pretty fun. Remains to be seen if Bunny is going to have a suspicion-phase against Tiger: I don't think it likely, for lack of tatoos, but it remains to be seen.

-Bunny saving Mrs. Agnes Princess Styles seems to be... subverted? I don't think she was embarassed, and she really is the sort of character who could be annoyed by a dirtied dress. Props to the humor.

-Those three sisters were surprisingly interesting in their powers and how they worked together. Even minor-powers can get things done, and I suppose there's no reason not to exploit it. Even so, I really wanted to see Tiger punch a lady who was kidnapping a kid. Paternal Instinct Roar!

-Tiger does another spiritual adoption: he doesn't steal people from their parents, he just becomes the second dad. It's like a reverse-harem, but actually socially acceptable. Papa Tiger is surprisingly good at helping people with their troubles... which is why I predict that it's Tiger who is going to be thrown into crisis later on in the series, probably by Lunatic, and it will be up to everyone else to draw him out.

-It will be good to get back to the crime fighting next episode. And... Tiger with a gatteling gun? What the heck?

A minor quibble deserves to be raised, however. Dragon Kid was said to have been enamored with heroes since childhood, which is why she's now a child, but nothing like that really came across this episode. Sort of like Origami Cyclone's being a nippon-phile. Minor quibble, and can easily be explored later, but still.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 09:02   Link #387
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I wonder about his wife... He totally downplayed her and his daughter when it seems to be more complicated. He was begging Ox to shut up, he didn't want the rest to know. I wonder if there is something about his wife he doesn't want the others to know.
That's what I thought too the first time I watched the episode. But the second time I watched that scene, I changed my mind. Now I think that when Tiger said "Shh", he was telling everyone in the room to lower their voices and not wake the baby. I agree that he doesn't like talking about his wife's death, but I don't think he was trying to keep the other guy quiet on the subject.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 09:49   Link #388
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post

-Blue Rose really did have her view shocked about Tiger... but then, it's actually hard to tell what it was. Since T&B is avoiding traditional anime pitfalls (rampant blushing, super deformed comedy, etc.), most of what we believe is often projection. I do wonder how it will proceed: while I'd be leery for an actual relationship, one-sided crushing towards an older figure is a phase all teens and older kids go through.
It's prob shock to find out that he was married and has a kid. Wife is dead and kid lives elsewhere. In this scenario, lots of females don't care and continue going after the guy. Blue Rose will prob realize it later and settle down. She just needs to get to his place to verify the info about the kid not being there.
Old 2011-05-29, 11:05   Link #389
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It's prob shock to find out that he was married and has a kid. Wife is dead and kid lives elsewhere. In this scenario, lots of females don't care and continue going after the guy. Blue Rose will prob realize it later and settle down. She just needs to get to his place to verify the info about the kid not being there.
Well, if she really does want to go that route she missed a big opportunity here to play the "I could be a good mother" card. She'd also have gotten to spend more time with Wild Tiger.

Not sure what I'd think about them actually having a relationship though. I guess if Blue Rose is about 17... then it's technically within the realm of possibility.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 12:43   Link #390
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Well, if she really does want to go that route she missed a big opportunity here to play the "I could be a good mother" card. She'd also have gotten to spend more time with Wild Tiger.

Not sure what I'd think about them actually having a relationship though. I guess if Blue Rose is about 17... then it's technically within the realm of possibility.
I just don't see the Tiger x Blue Rose thing happening. I mean, he doesn't see her in that way at all.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 13:23   Link #391
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Haha, hilarious ep. Its funny seeing each of the heroes tried to cheer up the baby but ended up failing. Dragon Kid is also amusing in her own way. Blue Rose got wtf pwned finding out Kotetsu is actually married and had a wife and daughter,
He's a widower, so he only has a daughter for now.

But really, what's with Kotetsu and young girls? I can accept Blue Rose as an accident, but if he gets Dragon Kid too, I demand his hero name be changed to "Craddle Robbing Tiger"...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 13:25   Link #392
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'd rather see them focus on the main plot, especially after that abysmal episode last week, but I guess I can't complain much since we finally got to see an episode on the dragon kid. Though really this episode didn't turn out to be much either. I wish i could laugh at the comedy but it really wasn't that funny. Just really predictable.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 14:35   Link #393
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Two Men and a Girl and a Baby:

Spoiler for 9:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 14:52   Link #394
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah, I'm just kidding about the cradle robbing. He's at his coolest when he isn't trying to pander. So the only reason he can be so "smooth" with the kids is that they're not in his target range at all. Fire Emblem's got more of a chance...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 14:56   Link #395
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 9:
Old 2011-05-29, 15:29   Link #396
Rushberry
Bang! Bang! Bang!

So now he get dragon kid too
what a lucky bastard
so if he can get that woman manager as well, the harem is complete with all woman character in this series. oh lol (no, fire-what is not including)

Spoiler for bonus:
Rushberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 17:34   Link #397
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Two Men and a Girl and a Baby:

Spoiler for 9:
I think that's because while he knows how the world works through experience, he just chooses ignore this fact and tries to create what he believes the word should be like, while fully understandings the limitations of this belief.

Basically he's an idealist but he's not naive and fully understands his own as well as his ideals limitations.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 18:42   Link #398
MeggieMay

My thought on Bunny and the flash back is that once Bunny calms down he's going to know that can't be Tiger. I'm not sure how old Bunny is suppose to be now but I think he's at least 20 and he was four when the murders happened. 16 years ago Tiger would have been way too young to be the culprit, plus he doesn't have the ouroboros tattoo on his hand. BTW, two things I noticed about the guy in the flashback is that he seems to have a tribal tattoo on his face and the ouroboros tattoo has writing in it (both of these come from re-watching the episode and hitting the pause). My feeling is the murders only connection to Tiger is he's a large guy with long hair and beard and the memory recall was triggered by the setting and Tiger being in a similar pose as the murder. I didn't think the murderer in the actual flashback of the crime looked like Tiger but the weird guy at the end is more in question. I take it they're the same guy but it isn't 100% clear at this point that is what is going on. I'll just have to wait and see how it goes .

deadite, interesting information on the Drama CD. Could you either point a link to more info on what happens in that or maybe give the thread a summery of it?
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 20:53   Link #399
msg

dragon kid !! but the episode is kinda boring imo.So the 2nd of the 4 has appeared.Kotetsu should just hook up with that woman manger
Old 2011-05-29, 22:53   Link #400
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post

Why would she? Blue Rose is looking for a career. She's not going to be anyone's "mother" for a while and she doesn't have to play one to date a guy with a kid. Kid's not around Wild Tiger to begin with.

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere