AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2011-10-14, 14:02   Link #1001
Dop
Mmmm....

I have to admit I did laugh out loud when Nagata Yukiko appeared. Obvious reference, yes, but still funny.
The way Sena and Yozora deconstructed the galge genre and questioned the girls' motivations (until Sena really got into it) was pretty funny too.

Kodaka's reputation still needs a lot of repairing, alas.

And did anyone else notice someone hiding behind the pillars towards the end? Looks like a new character may be appearing soon!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 14:03   Link #1002
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
u mad?

Damn, it can't be more fitting .

For some reasons, the last several pages, I saw a lot of asses. My eyes couldn't leave Sena's wriggling scene .
Old 2011-10-14, 14:07   Link #1003
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Wish visual novels I played had a voice for the main character...

Anyway, to the episode. Yep, they're crazy all right - but there is chemistry there between Kodaka, Yozora and Sena here. Playing the games may not have done much in the sense of improving their relationships with each other (Yozora and Sena still beating each other up with renewed vigour ), but it certainly told me a lot of things about their character.

Kodaka is nothing more than a victim of circumstance - had he had black hair (to start with, not dyed it) and turned up on time to the first day, I doubt he would have had much of a problem with making friends.

Yozora and Sena on the other hand... yikes, they have problems. No wonder why they can't make friends if they thought Fujibayashi in the game was a slut by being friendly towards the MC in the game when they'd only just met her.

Definitely think the latter two have a skewed sense of how to make friends, in my opinion.

Always thought the OP was good, but the ED has grown on me.
More than voiced protagonist for VN, what amazes me more is that the other characters are able to voice the protagonist name, and a weird one at that...I haven't been following the latest-gen games for the last few years, so maybe they already starts to appear, but back when I play while inserting your name is very common, they usually just use pronoun and things like that when the name comes up in voice acting.

Poor Kodaka, but for some reason my greatest laugh comes from him. His backfiring attempt to get friends, him just digging for gems while the two girls fight, and his fury upon discovering that the MC already has the usual loser best friend is hilarious. And yeah, comparison for Sena to Kirino will inevitably occurs, they're both smart, athletic and popular, and also huge fan of galge and even forces the MC to play it. While Sena is by no means not bitchy, I think Yozora's callousness fits the little sister's personality better though.
Old 2011-10-14, 14:19   Link #1004
Yusei Fudo
Banned

I lol'ed at "Nagata Yukiko" XD

Obvious Reference from Nagato Yuki :P
Yusei Fudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 14:28   Link #1005
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
More than voiced protagonist for VN, what amazes me more is that the other characters are able to voice the protagonist name, and a weird one at that...I haven't been following the latest-gen games for the last few years, so maybe they already starts to appear, but back when I play while inserting your name is very common, they usually just use pronoun and things like that when the name comes up in voice acting.
Love Plus could do that, but for a weird name as that, I'm not sure .
Old 2011-10-14, 15:09   Link #1006
Kyouka
Is Here

yozora has no panties on in episode 2???? oh mai
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 15:46   Link #1007
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Dunno if you will like it but here's the best I could manage.

Put mi nick on the bottom left corner . Forgot to tell you that.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 16:04   Link #1008
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
*facepalms* what torture (T.T)! I can't believe they used the[BwTgS] manga's art style for the galge game. And it looks so darn good! They REALLY should have went with that art style instead of that other guy(Byakuya or whatever). Fujibayashi alone looks better and cuter than both Yozora and Sena (>.>). I SHOULD be grateful that they did that, and I got to see the manga's art style in motion and color(the cover of that galge game looked AMAZING =03!), but I really feel like they were teasing me =0<.

The monster hunter part was drawn better than I expected. Seeing Sena charge 3 times and slash Yozora in the back was hilarious . So was putting Sena to sleep and insta-dropping an explosive barrel next to her.

Spoiler for kiss?:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 16:21   Link #1009
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Spoiler for kiss?:
There needs to be lilies blossoming around them

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 16:26   Link #1010
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
There needs to be lilies blossoming around them

DO IT! This show is all about these 2 girls not about who the main guy is going to pick!

I'm more interested on Yozora and Sena getting closer together (either in a friendly or destructive way) than who Kodaka chooses in the end.
Rozen Van Kaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 16:41   Link #1011
Midonin
Last Engage

I don't know if the "L" or the "N2" tag should go here, but this is one of a few series that'll be simulcast.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 16:58   Link #1012
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
yozora has no panties on in episode 2???? oh mai
That or either she's wearing a thong thats really....well you know where I'm going with that

I did like the 1st ep, thought it was a good start but 2nd was by far a much better episode and gave the kinda feeling I've been expecting from this series, much and many enjoyable laughs.

Reading some posts, funny thing happened was I actually paused at a certain scene but not cause I wanted to admire it(well that thought didn't come till after I saw it) but cause dinner was ready at that time and I went to eat
It certainly leaves an impression compared to any other kinda fanservice you get.

Loved the gaming part, just as funny as it is in the manga and does indeed remind me of my old days when me and mates were playing games.
Times you just had to kill from behind or just mess around for the fun of it.
The VN one was great with Sena and Yozura agreeing on options and taking it so seriously

Still can't make up my mind if Marina Inoue fits Yozura or not and if I don't make my mind up by the 3rd ep I think it willk probably plague me for the rest of the series>__<
Heres hoping I can get past it.

Totally loving this series and loving the Meat!

Can't wait for next episode, the POOL!!!
Old 2011-10-14, 17:43   Link #1013
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I don't know if the "L" or the "N2" tag should go here, but this is one of a few series that'll be simulcast.
Yeah, I was sort of debating which of the two tags should go as well, but given that it's in partnership with Funimation, we can call it a license. It remains to be confirmed when the home video release will happen, though, but for this show I think it's a pretty safe assumption that it'll happen.
Old 2011-10-14, 17:46   Link #1014
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, I was sort of debating which of the two tags should go as well, but given that it's in partnership with Funimation, we can call it a license. It remains to be confirmed when the home video release will happen, though, but for this show I think it's a pretty safe assumption that it'll happen.
Wow, almost every show this season is tagged with (L) or (CR)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 18:14   Link #1015
Midonin
Last Engage

Been that way for several seasons now. Of all the shows I'm watching (this may exclude some shows I'm not), only ~two of them are unstreamed.

I love living in the future.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 18:27   Link #1016
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
So I guess Sena has a foreign parent as well? Or perhaps she's actually Caucasian and lives in Japan because of her parent's business?
Pretty sure Yozura mentioned that Sena's dad is the headmaster or principle of the school. Considering that it appears to be a some sort of christian school, maybe they are foreign or from foreign origin. Alternatively she could be adopted. I have not read the novels, so it is just guess work i'm doing.

Last edited by Sides; 2011-10-14 at 18:38.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 18:32   Link #1017
Sumeragi
Banned

The surname does make it sure that the father is Japanese. Can't say for the mother.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 20:10   Link #1018
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
*facepalms* what torture (T.T)! I can't believe they used the[BwTgS] manga's art style for the galge game. And it looks so darn good! They REALLY should have went with that art style instead of that other guy(Byakuya or whatever). Fujibayashi alone looks better and cuter than both Yozora and Sena (>.>). I SHOULD be grateful that they did that, and I got to see the manga's art style in motion and color(the cover of that galge game looked AMAZING =03!), but I really feel like they were teasing me =0<.

The monster hunter part was drawn better than I expected. Seeing Sena charge 3 times and slash Yozora in the back was hilarious . So was putting Sena to sleep and insta-dropping an explosive barrel next to her.

Spoiler for kiss?:
I'm waiting for my Yozora x Sena end The ending song animation is great too. Also, is that Marina Inoue singing?
Anyway, for those who read the novel...don't you guys think that yozora and sena relationship is much better than in the novel?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 20:17   Link #1019
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
...don't you guys think that yozora and sena relationship is much better than in the novel?
It's more like we haven't gotten to the 'good' part yet

But most likely we'll have alot of verbal censorship
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 20:45   Link #1020
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for megami NSFW!!!:
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen