Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-25, 14:31   Link #8541
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
except that T-54 in nature is different from derp, derp have both damage and pen, while T-54 damage per shot is the lowest of tier 9 (320 dmg), only the high pen of HEAT round is what make it so good, no way it a mobile heavy like tier 5 derp.

E-50 gold round is not bad either, 261 pen is enough to pen everthing it face with some aiming, the damage per shot of E-50 is on par with Conqueror and M103 (390 dmg vs 400 dmg), and the E-50 mobility is great too with more armor than the heavy that is Conqueror, I don't see it worse or not competitive to heavy anywhere, if not for the low DPM it will be OP, but as of now it perfectly balanced.

and I do have a med that have no gold round that is Cent 7, it still great, and it have no armor and the slowest of t9 med.
350 vs 261 penetration is going to make a visible difference. If you are going to downplay the effect of HEAT I wouldn't start with the penetration.

I wasn't comparing their damage output because obviously derps do more damage, but the penetration they have are still uncharacteristic of the concept of medium tanks. That's exactly the problem I have with the direction the game is going. Now medium tanks either turn themselves into mobile TDs with high pen gold guns or fire regular rounds and be obvious inferior choices to heavies of the same tier(save a few individual special cases). For the heavy tank players out there, ask yourself: when was the last time you actually got circled to death by a true medium tank from more than half health? Probably 7.2. Unless you forgot to turn your hull AND the turret at the same time, most of the heavies are perfectly capable of fighting back against circling because the maneuverabilities of heavies are really not that bad anymore in most cases. More importantly, the medium has to fire on the move, and yet they need to make every shot count. Autobouncing angles saved my life more times than I can count in my heavy tanks, and I can claim no credit for it.

Top speed =/= mobility. Effective mobility would also take into account of your tank size and shape. And most importantly, gun depression. We often say "mobile", but what does being mobile do to you if you are mobile but unable to make an impact? To make your mobility effective you have to be able to utilize most terrains on the map once you get there. Just physically arriving at a spot doesn't mean you can utilize it well against the enemy. The reason Hellcat is popular is mainly the gun depression. If it had -5 gun depression and the size of a KV-1S I would love to see how many people still praise its mobility. E-50 and other German mediums I've played just have too many limitations.

If that's the case, shouldn't your Cent 7's winrate be higher than 50% since 8.6 then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Mediums may have gotten a slight nerf but they're by no means unplayable. The improved accuracy makes their agility even more deadly if anything.
No they are not unplayable (yet), but the edge heavies have over them are just becoming more and more obvious. If I played a better choice among the two I'm obviously going to help my pubbie teams more, which is what I intend to do.

EDIT: inb4 "any tank can work if you are an unicum". I'm obviously not an unicum and I can only offer the perspective of the very average player experience. For those who can make anything work, go back to getting 12 kills in your A-20.

Last edited by Achiuakuna; 2013-07-25 at 14:47.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 15:24   Link #8542
Gravitas Free Zone

It begins.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 15:28   Link #8543
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Newhope is a free bird who cannot be caged by any platoon.

Or at least we would if he would accept my friends request ;_;
I don't play anywhere near enough to warrant platoons anymore, I play maybe once/twice a fortnight for a couple of games get bored and log after an hour or less.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 15:33   Link #8544
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
It begins.

Images
I swear if I see a M60 in a game I till shoot at it (and possibly also TK him)
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 16:02   Link #8545
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Meh , it is just a worse M48 , my T-62A is ready .
oh BTW , i have bought T-62A yesterday , one fine tank , i like it a lot .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 16:25   Link #8546
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Is Kampfer91 in our clan? If not, why the hell haven't you guys kidnap him!? You are on the MUP payroll for a reason, now go do your job!!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 16:26   Link #8547
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Is Kampfer91 in our clan? If not, why the hell haven't you guys kidnap him!? You are on the MUP payroll for a reason, now go do your job!!!

- Tak
I think penpen got him... for his own clan.
Old 2013-07-25, 16:38   Link #8548
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
ask yourself: when was the last time you actually got circled to death by a true medium tank from more than half health?
still happened often but usually require you to be outnumbered

Quote:
E-50 and other German mediums I've played just have too many limitations.
"how terrible, don't play german medium"

-SerB

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 17:05   Link #8549
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Can't help it. German mediums are just too cute. I don't like big manly tanks. How dare they take away my PzIV Schmalturm. At least let me keep it just for cosmetic values.

The Tier 6 premium with the sideskirts doesn't even come close in terms of cuteness.
Old 2013-07-25, 17:09   Link #8550
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Can't help it. German mediums are just too cute. I don't like big manly tanks.
LOL, but... but... German mediums save for the Leo 1 tend to be fatter and larger than most other nations' counterpat

Hell, I thought the most adorable tank in the game is the Matilda.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 17:14   Link #8551
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
LOL, but... but... German mediums save for the Leo 1 tend to be fatter and larger than most other nations' counterpat

- Tak
Fine. Big, but not manly.

I really like the Maus actually. It reminds me of a chubby cosplayer trying really hard to make it work. Cute in its own way. Like a dosuloli.

Edit: Speaking of Matilda, I thought your signature said "A well regulated Matilda..." for a long time.
Old 2013-07-25, 17:20   Link #8552
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

gah not sure whether to take 1 week break or not

I need time to study since my performance is going down @_@

also I have anime and other game to finished >_<

but this mean I will failed the promised I make with kimi T.T

Quote:
T49 is the cutest tank EVER!!!

Old 2013-07-25, 17:29   Link #8553
Gravitas Free Zone

Cutest tank ever is still the AMX 40.
Old 2013-07-25, 17:32   Link #8554
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Cutest tank ever is still the AMX 40.
I like that tank too by some reason.

All I do is press R button and watch troll armor bounce some shot while scouting and distract enemy at same time.

it is the greatest suiscout tank ever

ELC is cuter thought

Old 2013-07-25, 17:34   Link #8555
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Another bleh weekend event, unless you're a heavy player. Oh well, at least I won't feel obligated to spend hours on end trying to take advantage of continuous x3 crew experience.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 18:18   Link #8556
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

The M4 is obviously the cutest. Just look at my avatar. Awww, it's sleeping.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 18:21   Link #8557
Gravitas Free Zone

It actually serves two groups: Heavies and Scouts. Or those guys who like to drive their Black Princes down the middle of the map to rack up Scout and/or Patrol Duty ohhiyouknowwhoyouare.

Meanwhile, all of the easy 1st Class awards are now done. The only ones that are left are the long-term grind ones.

And yes it was a Sniper.

Images
Old 2013-07-26, 07:38   Link #8558
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:

- Tak
Sorry , even if you did managed to kidnap me , my different timezone and part time job really don't allow me to participate in clanwar , which is quite..sad...

Actually , the second mission also work for any tank that have good viewrange , spotting damage ftw .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 09:19   Link #8559
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Actually the BIG complaint I hear now is not that heavies are too powerful, it's that TDs are unstoppable without arty to control them. And now mediums can go wherever they want and arty can't do anything about it. Previously if you went into a bad spot you got nuked right away by arty but now mediums can take risky positions and arty cannot touch them.

My T110E3 is having a field day. No medium can penetrate my front armor now (actually this is not true) (laugh)
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 09:25   Link #8560
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
My T110E3 is having a field day. No medium can penetrate my front armor now (actually this is not true) (laugh)
HEAT to the face lower front plate!

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks