AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think physical attractiveness greatly impact a person's life?
Yes. 82 68.91%
No. 5 4.20%
Maybe. 23 19.33%
We choose our on destiny, we can do whatever we want no matter what! 9 7.56%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-10, 13:22   Link #161
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually what is really meant is that the girl should dress at least modestly to avoid rape. Sure she can wear a low cut spaghetti to show off her boobs, but at least wear it a little higher or a jacket around it. Neither does she need to wear a skirt so mini that she shows her panties every time she takes a step forward.

I don't believe in the right to assault females sexually on random, but neither do I believe that the girls should extrovertly flaunt themselves by underdressing.
Too many studies show that the dress of the victim had absolutely nothing to do with a rape. Rape is a power trip for rapists. Ya'll are way out in left field on this topic. It is implicit misogyny. Judges get disbarred for using this sort of thinking in their rulings. Fundamentalists use this line of thought to blame women for making their thoughts impure.

And seriously, Kafriel, as long as you keep using the phrase "at fault" and "responsible for" the way you have -- you're going to be tagged as misogynist no matter what your protestations. I'm not trying to yell at you, just trying to explain why people are reacting to your word choice.
Old 2009-06-10, 13:27   Link #162
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well I wasted 2 pages to explain it, can't bother anymore. Tag me whatever you want, as long as I know what I believe it's enough for me, no need to go out of my way and fill this thread with more off-topicness...it got enough of it as it is.
Old 2009-06-10, 13:37   Link #163
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Wow... Personally, I find it impossibly insulting to think that girls/women should "dress modestly to avoid rape." That's like saying that all men in general should be treated as potential rapists, since all they need is a visual prompt is send them over the edge. As a guy, I find that incredibly insulting to me.

Like Vexx mentioned, rape usually doesn't have anything to do with how the person is dressed, and doesn't even have to do with how the person looks. Most often it just needs to be someone who is in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 2009-06-10, 14:42   Link #164
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Agreed -- let's give this thread a little rest. We can "reawaken" it when the time is right.
Closed Thread