Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-29, 21:41   Link #121
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Stuck with? You haven't even watched them yet, jeeze...
you need to stop jumping on people whenever they say filler in an even remotely negative way...

whether it ends up being good or bad filler doesn't even matter. i'll watch it first and decide after either way.
however, i (and probably everyone else who reads the manga) really want to see the next bit animated.

it could turn out to be the best filler we ever see and the wait will still suck. so, yeah, i say we are stuck with it.

edit:
wow, you even neg rep'd for it. can't even say the word filler here without someone calling the cops.

now back on subject...
what chapter is yammy's dog in? looked for a bit and couldn't find it.

Last edited by kamyu; 2009-06-29 at 21:52.
Old 2009-06-29, 22:08   Link #122
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Stuck with? You haven't even watched them yet, jeeze...
sorry that some people prefer watching canon events instead of whatever the anime team comes up with
Old 2009-06-29, 22:27   Link #123
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
however, i (and probably everyone else who reads the manga) really want to see the next bit animated.
Meh, I can wait for it. 8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
sorry that some people prefer watching canon events instead of whatever the anime team comes up with
They're anime canon. And just because it's anime original don't mean "the anime team" is the only ones that work on them. And besides, it shouldn't matter at all who "comes up" with them.
Old 2009-06-29, 22:39   Link #124
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
They're anime canon. And just because it's anime original don't mean "the anime team" is the only ones that work on them. And besides, it shouldn't matter at all who "comes up" with them.
i would rather see actual canon, where i can see the author's vision animated, and who 'comes up' with the story lines does matter because it determines whether or not its canon
Old 2009-06-29, 23:40   Link #125
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Are we gonna have one of those lovely useless arguments EVERY SINGLE TIME bleach goes into fillers? I hope not.
Old 2009-06-29, 23:47   Link #126
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
i would rather see actual canon, where i can see the author's vision animated, and who 'comes up' with the story lines does matter because it determines whether or not its canon
No it don't. This is anime and as such a form of entertainment, not a religious doctrine. Canon is official material, and anything in the anime is just as official as the manga. There's no reason at all to discriminate because of who actually created the material, what matters is the material itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Are we gonna have one of those lovely useless arguments EVERY SINGLE TIME bleach goes into fillers? I hope not.
I hope not too. It's horrible how the atmosphere changes just because the almighty Kubo-sama isn't involved with everything they're seeing.

Besides, it's not like Kubo isn't collaborating with the anime team anyway.
Old 2009-06-29, 23:48   Link #127
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
im not saying that they are going to be bad episodes, i would just rather watch canon material, but since nobody likes these arguments i think bleach should just never go into fillers again (besides the beach episode) so that we can't argue about their relevance
Old 2009-06-29, 23:54   Link #128
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
im not saying that they are going to be bad episodes, i would just rather watch canon material, but since nobody likes these arguments i think bleach should just never go into fillers again (besides the beach episode) so that we can't argue about their relevance
That or Kubo retires so every future episode is anime original. 8D

Honestly, I'd be happy either way. Then I could actually enjoy posting here ;_;
Old 2009-06-29, 23:55   Link #129
Trafalgar Law

Quote:
No it don't. This is anime and as such a form of entertainment, not a religious doctrine. Canon is official material, and anything in the anime is just as official as the manga. There's no reason at all to discriminate because of who actually created the material, what matters is the material itself.
That's not true. What the author says is canon, fillers are not. They are made by people who don't know what the author actually wants.

Fact is, fillers are almost all the time weaker than the actual plot.
Old 2009-06-30, 00:00   Link #130
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
That's not true. What the author says is canon, fillers are not. They are made by people who don't know what the author actually wants.

Thank you
Old 2009-06-30, 00:04   Link #131
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Uh... it is true. Canon is the work of whoever comes up with that stuff, and the anime team came up with anime original episodes. Thus they're in the anime canon. And get this... the author can communicate what he/she actually wants and vice versa. So really, there's no logical reason whatsoever to disregard anime original episodes for anything other than their individual merits.

Quote:
The "actual plot" as you call it isn't the only plot if "fillers" introduce one or more, like the Bount arc. Manga or not, it's an "actual plot", even if it's not the main plot. And whether they're weaker or not is completely and utterly irrelevant to my point.

Quote:
Thank you
Okay, this is beginning to hurt my feelings...
Old 2009-06-30, 00:15   Link #132
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:

There's evidence that Kudo works rather closely with the animation staff and does have some say in those arcs, at least more so than with some other series. Further, there is no official canon policy to Bleach. As such what is and isn't canon is all opinion. If you wish to claim otherwise, feel free to cite an offical policy. The best way to deal with things, in my opinion is by claiming the manga is canon for the manga, and the anime is canon for the anime. Remember, the anime is an adaptation of the manga, and as such should be considered a different continuity
Old 2009-06-30, 00:21   Link #133
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Uh... it is true. Canon is the work of whoever comes up with that stuff
Spoiler for awesomeness:
Old 2009-06-30, 00:27   Link #134
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Spoiler for awesomeness:
Your little drawing isn't official, the anime is. Kubo is liscensed to write things into Bleach for the manga, and the "anime team" is liscensed to write things into Bleach for the anime. Both are therefor official canon.

Cute drawing btw. 8D
Old 2009-06-30, 00:29   Link #135
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Your little drawing isn't official, the anime is. Kubo is liscensed to write things into Bleach for the anime, and the "anime team" is liscensed to write things into Bleach for the anime. Both are therefor official canon.

Cute drawing btw. 8D
u r clearly jealous of my mastery of mspaint
Old 2009-06-30, 00:30   Link #136
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

I am

(also, you cought the post before my ninja edit xD)
Old 2009-06-30, 00:38   Link #137
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
If you guys don't like filler so much, then tell Kubo to come up with 3-5 chapters per week so that the anime doesn't run out of manga material so quickly...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-06-30, 00:39   Link #138
Trafalgar Law

Quote:
Uh... it is true. Canon is the work of whoever comes up with that stuff, and the anime team came up with anime original episodes. Thus they're in the anime canon. And get this... the author can communicate what he/she actually wants and vice versa. So really, there's no logical reason whatsoever to disregard anime original episodes for anything other than their individual merits.
Anime canon yeah... but not 'Bleach canon'. 'Bleach anime canon' is working for the anime, but not for the whole of Bleach.
Quote:
The "actual plot" as you call it isn't the only plot if "fillers" introduce one or more, like the Bount arc. Manga or not, it's an "actual plot", even if it's not the main plot. And whether they're weaker or not is completely and utterly irrelevant to my point.
Sure it is main plot. But it's not canon plot.
Quote:
Okay, this is beginning to hurt my feelings...
Eat some cake. After all cake equals happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
There's evidence that Kudo works rather closely with the animation staff and does have some say in those arcs, at least more so than with some other series. Further, there is no official canon policy to Bleach. As such what is and isn't canon is all opinion. If you wish to claim otherwise, feel free to cite an offical policy. The best way to deal with things, in my opinion is by claiming the manga is canon for the manga, and the anime is canon for the anime. Remember, the anime is an adaptation of the manga, and as such should be considered a different continuity
Opinion, huh...? Okay. I decided that the fight Ichigo versus Ulquiorra isn't canon, so he's still alive. Awesome.
Old 2009-06-30, 00:44   Link #139
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
If you guys don't like filler so much, then tell Kubo to come up with 3-5 chapters per week so that the anime doesn't run out of manga material so quickly...
Who's to say that's the only reason there's anime original material? No official source states that as far as I know, so anyone that states it is as such is merely baseless speculation.

Quote:
Anime canon yeah... but not 'Bleach canon'. 'Bleach anime canon' is working for the anime, but not for the whole of Bleach.
Uh... there is no "whole" of Bleach. The manga is different, and the anime is different. Neither is important enough to claim to be "the whole of Bleach".

Quote:
Sure it is main plot. But it's not canon plot.
Bount arc is anime canon.

Quote:
Opinion, huh...? Okay. I decided that the fight Ichigo versus Ulquiorra isn't canon, so he's still alive. Awesome.
Yeah, that's pretty much what he probably meant. This whole filler hating is nothing but critical opinions that are almost religious in nature. If you seriously disregard the Ichigo vs Ulquiorra fight... yeah, it's honestly the same thing.
Old 2009-06-30, 00:54   Link #140
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
There's a term for that.

If you claim it's not opinion, feel free to cite that official canon policy. If there in fact isn't one, and there isn't, then what is or isn't canon just comes down to what people want to accept as canon.