AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 25 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 263 62.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 16.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 3.31%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-26, 16:08   Link #241
Joe_fh

Well it was a great episode.Beautifully paced.The ednig was great as well.I really liked how it ended almost the same way it begun but this time it felt like you could really conncet to what they were saying.The message of the whole anime was delivered just beautifully.And let's not forget the character development-it was just so exciting to watch each and every one of them gorw little by little.
We got to see some perfectly animeted scenes(the kiss scene).Also they connected really well with the previous episode.Another thing is i really liked how in the end we were told about what the characters did during their last year by the 1st year students.
And lol the scene when eveyone had a "Yeah right.."sort of look on their faces and they opened their cellphones almost at the same time was brilliant
Old 2009-03-26, 16:11   Link #242
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
hah ryuuji should of cheated on taiga while she was away.

Get some action with ami and or minorin. Like most guys would try
You know, what's it say about us here that Ami was better able to accept the relationship than some of us?
Old 2009-03-26, 16:18   Link #243
Raiga
tl;dr

Wow, subs were fast. o_O Much obliged.

Is it just me though, or were the translations more impressionistic than usual? Dunno, I'm kinda OCD about imitating word order as much as possible, and there seemed to be some tense errors...

Eh, well, still can't do without them for a lot of the dialog. Basically reaffirms how I felt about this episode. ^^

Have I mentioned I love the way the series is framed, and the speech at the beginning and end? I love that speech.
Old 2009-03-26, 16:19   Link #244
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Yeah for real, Ami should have won. <3 Ami.

Ami ftw!!

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Old 2009-03-26, 16:22   Link #245
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Right now, I'm torn between wanting and not wanting a live-action version of Toradora...

In favour:
- Live action would help popularise this wonderful story. It's an under-appreciated jewel that has potential for cross-demographic appeal.
- I simply want more, more, and more of this!

Against:
- Bad acting and a stilted production would be a disservice rather than a favour to Toradora.
- Who are they going to cast as Taiga??? I can already imagine Fuji TV nominating Narumi Riko (*groan* -____-)
Old 2009-03-26, 16:25   Link #246
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post
Right now, I'm torn between wanting and not wanting a live-action version of Toradora...

In favour:
- Live action would help popularise this wonderful story. It's an under-appreciated jewel that has potential for cross-demographic appeal.

Against:
- Bad acting and a stilted production would be a disservice rather than a favour to Toradora.
- Who are they going to cast as Taiga??? I can already imagine Fuji TV nominating Narumi Riko (*groan* -____-)
keano reeves is gonna play Ryuji. he's the only man who can pull off a "oh"

I think this could easily be adapted to live action.

on another note, the shippers wont quit. I guess its true what they say

shipping aint easy
Old 2009-03-26, 16:29   Link #247
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

yea i loved this episode alot...it was a love/hate feeling towards the beginning but i must admit it has grown on me...i put the kiss scene at #2 on my list after louise and saitos boat scene kiss in 2nd season....but the "one more time" thing she said was very cute and unexpected...hell i thought they just kissed twice and once i finally watched it i was like wow 4 times!!!!and the ending was played out very well...
I must say TD! was a very enjoyable show to watch.
Old 2009-03-26, 16:51   Link #248
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post

In favour:

Against:
yeah, simply to broaden appeal of the novels across genre boundaries (since it really is a crossover multi-genre story despite its tag) - a live action would be great. The live action Honey&Clover and Lov*Com efforts had their share of problems but seemed to do fairly well.
Old 2009-03-26, 16:54   Link #249
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Reversal ftw.
Old 2009-03-26, 16:55   Link #250
Jeshua

10/10. Epic win.

Taiga's decision on this episode was something to make any fan of hers proud: She decides to grow as a person in order to stand side by side with ryuuji, instead of leaning on him as always.

Everything about this season finalle was epic, serious, mature, grown up. Not some random fandom-pleasing ending, or stupid tier... Everyone got a somewhat good, solid ending, and we can imagine their bright future somewhat ^^

~

Ok, now to some questions:

1) What was that paper on 21:06? Has Ya-chan got a better job or is she going back into school to finish her education?

2) What is writen below the "ToraDora!" logo on 23:25? What was "created?"
Old 2009-03-26, 17:03   Link #251
Anime Daisuki

10/10. They gave closure to Inko-Chan. The kiss scene and the I love you at the end was a nice touch.
Old 2009-03-26, 17:09   Link #252
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeshua View Post
1) What was that paper on 21:06? Has Ya-chan got a better job or is she going back into school to finish her education?

2) What is writen below the "ToraDora!" logo on 23:25? What was "created?"
(1) No, it's just a notification/informational letter for her son's graduation ceremony. It says 「畢業式」 on it (first kanji is different in Japanese but still understandable).

(2) おしまい ― "The End".

Instead of something being "created", I would translate what they said as "that's how it came into being", [it] referring to "finding that gentle, sweet, hard to find thing", i.e. the love between Taiga and Ryuuji.
Old 2009-03-26, 17:13   Link #253
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeshua View Post
What was "created?"
That line's kinda always boggled my mind. "Souiu fuu ni dekiteiru"... except how do you translate "dekiru" in this instance? "To be made" is indeed one of the definitions... as well as "to be able," "to do," "to be good at," etc.
Old 2009-03-26, 17:27   Link #254
Maciste

Would someone be so kind and tell me (us?) in which way the novel ended or point out the difference(s)? Thx!
Old 2009-03-26, 17:32   Link #255
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciste View Post
Would someone be so kind and tell me (us?) in which way the novel ended or point out the difference(s)? Thx!
Probably best to head into the novel discussion thread next door and ask that question. Answering it here probably crosses the "novel spoiler not allowed" line.
Old 2009-03-26, 18:04   Link #256
Noamara

10/10

One of the best Animes I have ever seen (are not thaaat many..maybe around 10-20).

And reaaallly...the last episode made me even more eager to fall in love...

WHERE ARE YOU MY DREAM GIRL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?????!?!?!?!?!?
ME WANTS SOME MOE YURI GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-03-26, 18:08   Link #257
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

I too loved this last episode. While I agree that the episodes post Xmas episode felt a little rushed, I honestly did not mind. I think they did a wonderful job wrapping up everything at the end. I didn't expect things to go the way they did mid-way through the last episode, but I liked how they ended it. Taiga IS cute in that new school uniform! And yes, the kiss scene is a favorite... the hesitation, the asking for more...very well done!

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2009-03-26, 18:14   Link #258
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
That line's kinda always boggled my mind. "Souiu fuu ni dekiteiru"... except how do you translate "dekiru" in this instance? "To be made" is indeed one of the definitions... as well as "to be able," "to do," "to be good at," etc.
my roomate who is from japan says you can just translate it as "it's like that" or something...idk he was busy so he wasn't really listening hah
Old 2009-03-26, 18:14   Link #259
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
You know what I thought was really funny? Taiga wanted to surprise Ryuuji by hiding in the locker.

When Ryuuji first met taiga (besides their run in before school started) she was trying to escape from a locker (which did surprise him when she popped out)

もいちど。。。
Old 2009-03-26, 18:17   Link #260
Zippicus

Well I finally got around to finishing this series off, I enjoyed it quite a bit. My favorite part in the last episode was when Taiga mailed Ryuji complaining that he never said he loved her, then a second later calling him an idiot

I didn't really see a lot of the complaints that people made about the series in general, maybe because the anime was the only exposure I had to the story. The only minor complaint I have is with some of the pacing, but it was never really a big deal for me.

I almost feel sorry for those crazy shippers because this show gave them just enough rope to hang themselves.
Closed Thread