AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-04-04, 20:23   Link #841
Fandal

This thread is becoming hard to read. It's too big! And this is only the first episode!
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:27   Link #842
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
different standards, different opinions, also if you look at kyoani's folio... this would be a step down, unless this is the actual intended style for the show. It's just kyoani has presented us with their "signature" or style of show like haruhi, clannad, kannon, air and what not and this just isn't up to snuff. Its an observation not bitching.
I don't see how the animation quality is worse than clannad's, really. I thought this episode had truly impressive animation, better than many episodes of the last season of clannad.
The art is totally fine too. Maybe some people don't like how some drawings look kind of sketchy, I don't know. Personally I love that style.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:30   Link #843
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Edit: K-On and Kannagi share no staff, huh. Why the hell do they look almost the exact same then?
Studio Ordet is basically made up of former Kyoani staff and was doing the animation for Kannagi.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:32   Link #844
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Studio Ordet is basically made up of former Kyoani staff and was doing the animation for Kannagi.
Really? I just looked both shows up on ANN and they don't share any staff, officially.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:34   Link #845
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

People have lots of perspectives on the meaning of animation. Art is supposed to provide multiple prospectives.

Animation quality cannot be measured and determined by frame rates, unique frames, movement of characters, art style and stuff.

You cannot determine accurately whether one anime has better animation than another.

A well animated anime with HD, widescreen, latest animation techniques and such, but if the animators decide to let it have an extremely unique style that's not appealing, people will start complaining about bad animation.

From what we're seeing here is that many people accept K-On's sketchy style and thinks it has great animation, I also agree on that. People who don't like that style because they're used to the way kyoani used clean lines are not wrong as well. Its all a matter of taste.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:36   Link #846
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
People have lots of perspectives on the meaning of animation. Art is supposed to provide multiple prospectives.

Animation quality cannot be measured and determined by frame rates, unique frames, movement of characters, art style and stuff.

You cannot determine accurately whether one anime has better animation than another.

A well animated anime with HD, widescreen, latest animation techniques and such, but if the animators decide to let it have an extremely unique style that's not appealing, people will start complaining about bad animation.

From what we're seeing here is that many people accept K-On's sketchy style and thinks it has great animation, I also agree on that. People who don't like that style because they're used to the way kyoani used clean lines are not wrong as well. Its all a matter of taste.
cool its seems somebody gets were i'm coming from, not to say I don't like the show, in fact i love the animation.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:42   Link #847
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
This thread is becoming hard to read. It's too big! And this is only the first episode!
QFT. I'm surprised the people here have so much to talk about after seeing only 1 episode.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:43   Link #848
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Really? I just looked both shows up on ANN and they don't share any staff, officially.
Kyoani has been shedding some of their better staff for a while now (since Kanon and Lucky Star). A bunch of them joined Studio Ordet (Yamakan's new studio) who ended up doing a lot of the work on Kannagi. It would make sense if both studios sorta took the style with them or were able to create the same styles since they all worked together before.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:44   Link #849
Nerroth
NePoi!

At this rate, the fans might end up hoping to hear this...
Old 2009-04-04, 20:44   Link #850
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
true!!!! I can't believe it!!!!
I'm looking forward to the rest of the series!!!
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:56   Link #851
~ Lawliet ~

Watched what was released and was great, as expected also.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:58   Link #852
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.

I also agree with you C.A.

To me, the difference between a 'real' bad design and a unique (let's just say "strange") one is if it can make you eventually start to like it as the story process or not.

Believe me, when i first watching LS, i thought the animation was bad and there were some problems with character design (deformed too often).

Similar here in K-on, at first few minutes, i found Yui's leg design so stood out that i hope only her got that sort of design. But then i realise her stocking is what make her leg stand out too much, and i starts to get used to it by the end of Ep 1.

PS: we went from page 34 to 43 in last 24 hours btw
Old 2009-04-04, 22:02   Link #853
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
At this rate, the fans might end up hoping to hear this...
That's a little too upper class for K-On don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
K-ON is good so far
but i am not just saying this about K-ON
i am saying this on kyoani work as a whole
its like dream theater in that it has to be messured by a different standrad then pretty much anything else

its for example possible for dream theater and say iron maiden (just to choose one) to release an album in the same time frame and to have a "bad" dream theater album (like say octavarum, which i dont really like personally) and an awesome iron maiden one
but the dream theater can only be called "bad" when messured against OTHER DREAM THEATER albums
and if you messure the iron maiden album with the dream theater one then the dream theater one would be head and shoulders above in terms of music level
it can be called bad by dream theater standards
but it would still kick the crap out of any other band in the field by the sheer level of musiceianship (sorry if thats not a word )

and its the same thing with kyoani
they can (and in fact HAVE TO) be messured by different standards then almost any other studio out there becouse the level of work that is put into their shows is so far beyond avarage
thats what i ment
kyo ani is (in my mind at least) to the anime studio world
what dream theater are to music
and what valve are to the video game indestry
smaller and lesser known then some of the bigger names
but a class by itself that is far beyond the cookie cutter crap that the other 99% of the indestry is feeding us

I beg to differ, but then again I don't subscribe to this whole idea that Kyoani is somehow a superior studio to every other, that's just pure nonsense. They do what they do well enough (well animated solid adaptations of existing material with a slight bias towards those featuring moe), but that's all really. Let's just keep the fanboy arguments out of the thread if possible please as it's pretty insulting to fans of other studios works to say that their shows are "cookie cutter crap" and that the work that other studios put into their shows is lesser, especially when you consider that slice of life moe comedy's like K-On aren't exactly a rare breed themselves....

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

It's a lot like Macross Frontier character animation in a way with detail and character consistancy sometimes being sacrificed for movements. For example here:

Yui is practically vibrating all over the place in this scene, but what is up with her face and why does her sisters jaw look so angular all of a sudden? You could argue it's intentional, but it does sacrifice a lot in terms of detail and consistency.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-04-04 at 23:14.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 23:05   Link #854
NekoCharge15

Yui's Gourmet Race

Man, Japan works fast on MAD videos.
NekoCharge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 23:07   Link #855
Nosauz

duh cuz all the mangaka are busy making these mads instead of working on their serials
Old 2009-04-04, 23:09   Link #856
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
duh cuz all the mangaka are busy making these mads instead of working on their serials
XD

Yeah, that bastard needs to get back to work on Berserk and stop trying to corrupt everyone else.

They are pretty amusing though.

It is insane how fast this thread is moving. We're possessed.
Old 2009-04-04, 23:10   Link #857
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

The MOE has you!
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 23:11   Link #858
Nosauz

kyoani effect?

and yes he needs to get back to writing beserk and not corrupt other mangaka into joining his neet lifestyle. I mean at least finish beserk then go play your dam idol master*
*not sure if tis master.
Old 2009-04-04, 23:15   Link #859
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoCharge15 View Post
Yui's Gourmet Race

Man, Japan works fast on MAD videos.
It sounds quite good (remind me of the Kagami's one).

I always wonder if the combining line in these Videos have any meanings. Or was it just fun to listen to...
Old 2009-04-05, 00:08   Link #860
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Just a little historical footnote; apparently the Beatles couldn't read music either when they first started out.

Heh, maybe videos like that are why Rumiko Takahashi hasn't announced a concrete date for her new series yet.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen