AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-02-07, 18:57   Link #1001
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnago View Post
Agree, although do you really think his capable of doing this? I'm pretty sure Blackbeard is fat person who doesn't work on these kind of important stuff in fights. He would think that he is top of the world because of two devil fruit powers, which I doubt he would master the quake quake power very quickly. He would no way become as beast as Whitebeard since Whitebeard trained his reflexes, speed, and damage this led him to be the ultimate person in the world and very good with his devil fruit and also he is not arrogant I suppose. If Blackbeard doesn't train these stuff, Blackbeard wouldn't be the strongest man in the world.

I think Monkey D. Garp is one the strongest atm, even though he is a very old man ! Any disagreements?
The physique of characters doesn't really matter. Jimbei is quite round and heavy, and yet he easily intercepted Luffy in Gear 2 mode back at Impel Down (and this was on land, mind you). Oda just has some wacky designs, that's all .

It's only a matter of time before WB is surpassed. This may have happened already, but unbeknownst to us.

Garp is definitely top tier. WB's side is lucky he's chosen to not get involved too much.
Old 2011-02-07, 19:04   Link #1002
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The physique of characters doesn't really matter. Jimbei is quite round and heavy, and yet he easily intercepted Luffy in Gear 2 mode back at Impel Down (and this was on land, mind you). Oda just has some wacky designs, that's all .

It's only a matter of time before WB is surpassed. This may have happened already, but unbeknownst to us.

Garp is definitely top tier. WB's side is lucky he's chosen to not get involved too much.
Yeah.. Jimbei teleported or sped walk really fast.. I dont know what it was but doesn't luffy do it :S! What was it called again xD!!

Hmm.. Shanks seems pretty strong but we dont see very much of him and when he fights, but he did stop Kaidoh from backstabbing Whitebeard.

If Garp wasn't so old omg.. I wish he fought Akainu when he killed Ace! Would have been so GOOOODD!!
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 19:10   Link #1003
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Yeah.. Jimbei teleported or sped walk really fast.. I dont know what it was but doesn't luffy do it :S! What was it called again xD!!

If Garp wasn't so old omg.. I wish he fought Akainu when he killed Ace! Would have been so GOOOODD!!
It was pure speed, not Soru. Jimbei is simply faster than Gear 2 Luffy.

Garp and Akainu are most likely evenly matched. If anything I would give the slight advantage to Akainu just because he's younger and has a really dangerous DF.
Old 2011-02-07, 19:15   Link #1004
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Garp and Akainu are most likely evenly matched. If anything I would give the slight advantage to Akainu just because he's younger and has a really dangerous DF.
Yeah, ofcourse :P. Garp is pure strength with no devil fruit power what so ever. Garp does know Haki right :/?
Old 2011-02-07, 19:20   Link #1005
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Garp does know Haki right :/?
Yes he does. That's what enabled him to bypass Luffy's rubber defenses back at Water 7. He also punched Marco in the face with it during this war.
Old 2011-02-07, 19:26   Link #1006
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Yes he does. That's what enabled him to bypass Luffy's rubber defenses back at Water 7. He also punched Marco in the face with it during this war.
Then I am pretty sure than Garp would be able to punch Akainu, although that Akainu has Haki aswell ! The storyline is getting good tbh. Can't wait. Give it about other 10 years to go Haha
Old 2011-02-07, 19:39   Link #1007
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Then I am pretty sure than Garp would be able to punch Akainu, although that Akainu has Haki aswell ! The storyline is getting good tbh. Can't wait. Give it about other 10 years to go Haha
Oh most definitely. Akainu's logia intangibility isn't a big problem for Garp. At the same time, Garp has to be careful not to get terribly burned.
Old 2011-02-07, 23:16   Link #1008
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I think BB's character design is awesome, and the fact that he is one of the strongest men in the world, if not the strongest with that big ol beer belly of his is awesome!

Of course...

Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 00:37   Link #1009
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ LOL. So true! BB is without a doubt one of Oda's most interesting characters, and it's a shame a lot of people hate on him just because of his "eccentric" design. I love the diversity Oda brings to the table, and it's great to know there are other people (like you ) that can also appreciate greatness.
Old 2011-02-08, 00:41   Link #1010
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I thought most people hated him cause he was the one who sent Ace to his death and killed Whitebeard, but whatevs.~

Though sometimes I think it's good to have a villain the readers/watchers hate, because in the end it just makes their inevitable defeat oh-so much more satisfying.
Old 2011-02-08, 00:47   Link #1011
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Though sometimes I think it's good to have a villain the readers/watchers hate, because in the end it just makes their inevitable defeat oh-so much more satisfying.
That's what Akainu's for.
Old 2011-02-08, 02:45   Link #1012
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I thought most people hated him cause he was the one who sent Ace to his death and killed Whitebeard, but whatevs.~

Yeah, kinda expected all the Blackbeard hate to transfer over to Akainu at this point~

Though, I think Akainu's just hated all round even WITH Ace's death~
Old 2011-02-08, 10:55   Link #1013
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Though, I think Akainu's just hated all round even WITH Ace's death~
Yeah.. He is a person who tricks people in to killing their team mates, probably which makes him scary and also his Devil Fruit power.. And Whitebeard's crew probably know that Akainu is a pain in the ass xD!.
Old 2011-02-08, 10:56   Link #1014
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Yeah.. He is a person who tricks people in to killing their team mates, probably which makes him scary and also his Devil Fruit power.. And Whitebeard's crew probably know that Akainu is a pain in the ass xD!.

Not to mention how he was so willing to blast his own teammates off the face of the battlefield just cause they wouldn't fight~
Old 2011-02-08, 14:22   Link #1015
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
It was pure speed, not Soru. Jimbei is simply faster than Gear 2 Luffy.

I very much doubt Jinbei is faster than Gear 2 Luffy.

Also, I would give the advantage to Garp only because of that "pissed off Legend" factor that he has. He'd pummel him senseless before he even knows what hit him.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 14:22   Link #1016
SkoolRumble4Ya

It looks like Blackbeard will be the final boss of One Piece. Man somebody should hurry up and beat the hell out of AKainu already.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 14:29   Link #1017
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

There is no "Final boss". I don't see it playing out that way at all. SH's & BB Pirates will reach Raftel and that is where their battle will play out. Luffy will emerge victorious - having beaten the crap outta Blackbeard.
Then the Whitebeard Pirates will turn up - and execute Blackbeard for his trechery against the Whitebeard Pirates...and thus finally avenging Thatch, Ace & Whitebeard

After that, the truth behind the void century will be made known - Luffy now being the new Pirate king....and after that alotta crazy stuff will happen...like that war WB mentioned b4 he died....
opther than that...i can't really figure anything else out.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 14:45   Link #1018
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I very much doubt Jinbei is faster than Gear 2 Luffy.
I provided evidence supporting this, or did you miss that? Jimbei is superior to Luffy. The latter isn't in his league.

Quote:
Also, I would give the advantage to Garp only because of that "pissed off Legend" factor that he has. He'd pummel him senseless before he even knows what hit him.
So what if he has a "legendary status"? Akainu is in his prime right now, and Garp isn't. Garp at best can stalemate him; nothing more than that.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2011-02-08 at 15:05.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 14:51   Link #1019
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
There is no "Final boss". I don't see it playing out that way at all. SH's & BB Pirates will reach Raftel and that is where their battle will play out. Luffy will emerge victorious - having beaten the crap outta Blackbeard.
Then the Whitebeard Pirates will turn up - and execute Blackbeard for his trechery against the Whitebeard Pirates...and thus finally avenging Thatch, Ace & Whitebeard

After that, the truth behind the void century will be made known - Luffy now being the new Pirate king....and after that alotta crazy stuff will happen...like that war WB mentioned b4 he died....
opther than that...i can't really figure anything else out.
I doubt any of the Whitebeard pirates can take down Blackbeard but I'm pretty sure Luffy could once One Piece get close to finishing.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 15:18   Link #1020
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
BB will push Luffy to his utmost limits, I assure you. Luffy will become the pirate king, but perhaps Oda will make BB his equal (analogous to Roger and WB from the past). After all, BB is Oda's favorite historical pirate, so we can expect big things from Teach in the future.