AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-08, 01:53   Link #1
Nerd Saga

Send a message via AIM to Nerd Saga
Timeline/Naturo univere.

I'm a Huge Fan of naruto and was just thinking about the scenery/feel of naruto.

Here's the first of a couple of my thoughts:

1. As far as the construction & manner of kohona village & the rest of the naruto universe, the feel is & architecture resembles feudal *sp Japan with the lord/hokage of the village & the training in the samurai way. Yet it has very modern technology thrown into the mix such as having the chunnin exam through the forest video taped and a crude sense of technology. I was wondering during what time period in our time line this series would most likely happen.

This may seem like a retarded brain fart but just wanted to throw it out there for discussion.
Nerd Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 02:10   Link #2
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
The Naruto world is in a different universe with a different time line so it cant be compared to ours.
Alfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 03:50   Link #3
Blue*Dragon

like everyone notice, it is in a different world than from us.

As you can see there was a eps where they showed us there worldd map at least a part of. Because we don't have land of sand or konoha

PS: Naruto the name, is also a name of a japansese hotel.
Blue*Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 20:15   Link #4
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

a lot of things in japan have the word naruto in their names
the world of naruto is supposed to be an alternet universe where insted of guns and such ninja's exist so it cant be compared to us at all
Lee-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 20:20   Link #5
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

this has already been discussed at length.... however I don't know how to do insert a thread thingy, so do a search.

they have high tech stuff like TV, Phones, COmputers, Cameras, Hospitals etc...
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 20:22   Link #6
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder
this has already been discussed at length.... however I don't know how to do insert a thread thingy, so do a search.

they have high tech stuff like TV, Phones, COmputers, Cameras, Hospitals etc...
you insert thread thing by doing a url thing.

www.google.com

so it is [*url]www.google.com[*/url] but without the "*"s.

yeah. it is [b]NOT[b] japan because the names are in KATAGANA!!!

so.. this does not take place in japan... even though they speak japanese.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 20:50   Link #7
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Like pathyfinder-chan said, this was indeed discussed before.

And as I said some time ago, Naruto takes time in an alternative present. Like the world would be now if ninja's still existed in massive amounts, and if Chakra/magical jutsu existed too. They have simple Japanese architecture of the 18th century. If the British hadn't invade Japan, Japan would probably be exactly the same way as it was 200 years ago (their architecture). Besides, they got internet, TV, and maybe even DVD

Now, their politics. Looks like the Hidden Village is kinda like a parlamentarism, like we've seen. The Kage can't decide things by himself alone, that's why he have a council (leaded by Homura and Koharu). Also, the country's politics must be a monarchy, a parlamentarism or a democracy. The Hokage must obey the country's lord orders after all. If the country's lord is a king or a president, we don't know. Or even if the country's leaded by a council, like in the Hidden Village. But this doesn't matter actually
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 20:58   Link #8
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Euhm,i think its the future.Source---->Interview with Kishimoto.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 21:09   Link #9
wnkryo
HainShodan

Actually i thought naruto would be some where in a time line similar to fuedal japan. But after i seen the episode with the whole video tape thing it made me wonder...
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 14:22   Link #10
Nerd Saga

Send a message via AIM to Nerd Saga
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Like pathyfinder-chan said, this was indeed discussed before.

And as I said some time ago, Naruto takes time in an alternative present. Like the world would be now if ninja's still existed in massive amounts, and if Chakra/magical jutsu existed too. They have simple Japanese architecture of the 18th century. If the British hadn't invade Japan, Japan would probably be exactly the same way as it was 200 years ago (their architecture). Besides, they got internet, TV, and maybe even DVD

Now, their politics. Looks like the Hidden Village is kinda like a parlamentarism, like we've seen. The Kage can't decide things by himself alone, that's why he have a council (leaded by Homura and Koharu). Also, the country's politics must be a monarchy, a parlamentarism or a democracy. The Hokage must obey the country's lord orders after all. If the country's lord is a king or a president, we don't know. Or even if the country's leaded by a council, like in the Hidden Village. But this doesn't matter actually

Thanks Vic,

That was the type of break down / reply i was looking for. I know that naruto is an alternate universe but everything is based on ours and then just exaggerated.
Nerd Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 14:34   Link #11
Bakafool
The Green Beast of Konoha

That's the great thing about Naruto, it has elements of both old and new. At first I thought it was supposed to be like feudal Japan, but then I saw vending machines in the earlier eps. Whoa!! Then, remember in the Hidden Mist Village when they were building the bridge? Well, they had some pretty modern heavy machinery doing the work too. If you really wanna put it in our world's timeline, it has got to be during the meji period, when modern western influences were slowly creeping into Japan, but the country was still predominantly feudal.
Bakafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 19:48   Link #12
dimdog

Send a message via AIM to dimdog
old and new? reminds me a lot of the Db/Z/GT world
there are HOVERCRAFTS, yet, dinosaurs still exist
dimdog is offline   Reply With Quote