AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Episode Rating
* 2 2.08%
** 4 4.17%
*** 26 27.08%
**** 52 54.17%
***** 12 12.50%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-21, 16:41   Link #161
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
In Mai HiME, the title is a pun where Mai is the main character's name and it also means "Dancing Princess" because "hime" means "princess". As to why it's a dancing princess, I don't understand. But Nagi does comment on Mai's "dancing" once in a while.
He most likely meant the fighting as 'dancing'. Still, kudos to the Sunrise staff for keeping that lil running theme going, even though it's pretty subtle - "Dancing" = "Fighting".
Old 2005-12-21, 19:27   Link #162
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Much like how Shizuru was complimented on "a fabulous dance" after she vanquished the slave in Episode 1 of Mai Otome.
Old 2005-12-22, 01:08   Link #163
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo
I thought of that as well, but dismissed it as a bad cut within the Anime editing. I really could not find a reason why we should associate those two events together, unless her Pendant can somehow detect the presence of other Otomes. (I'm guessing that Akira is most likely an Otome for the prince seen talking to Mashira in the preview of ep 12. The reason I am stating this is that I am assuming that the flame triad symbol binds one to the other either in loyalty or vows.)
I got the impression that it was connected with the "Prince" arriving too, especially since that was where they were supposed to be. I thought that it was some type of premonition. And given that Akira is about the same age as Arika and Mashiro the chance of her being an Otome is virtually zero.
Old 2005-12-22, 11:09   Link #164
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
I got the impression that it was connected with the "Prince" arriving too, especially since that was where they were supposed to be. I thought that it was some type of premonition. And given that Akira is about the same age as Arika and Mashiro the chance of her being an Otome is virtually zero.
Personally, I thought Arika's reaction might well be a stirring of jealousy - Arika doesn't have any family. Even someone as "genki" as Arika can get depressed.
Old 2005-12-23, 01:17   Link #165
PastPrime

Looking at all the presents that Sergey gave Arika makes me think that he is fairly closely related to her. Perhaps a half sister or a neice. It looks like 15 years worth of Birthday presents. As if he bought a suitable present for her every year and saved them on the chance that he would find her someday.
Closed Thread