AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-10-22, 07:48   Link #401
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Edit: the void century was 800 years ago

Last edited by Climhazard; 2006-10-22 at 13:40.
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 12:11   Link #402
matsuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by choccolatechic View Post
-Knowing that Dr. Kureha is 139 years old, she probably knows something about the void history
No, the Void Century is 800 years ago. In which before, there is known to be a flourishing civilization that dissapeared (no name for their civilization) after which, the World Government was control, as is still the case today.
Quote:
-Also, she mentioned in ep. 91 about someone named "D", right?
No Kureha is the first to mention the Will of D. Although we don't know much about it, it would seem that 5 characters mentioned in the plot so far carried the name; Luffy D. Monkey, Portugas D. Ace, Marshall D. Teach, Jaguar D. Saulo, and Gol D. Roger. While we don't know what the D stands f or we know a few things. Oda stated in an SBS that the family name of c haracters in One Piece could be their first, their middle or their last name. We know that Ace and Luffy are brother's so we know the D is their name link as family. We know that Saulo said that everyone in his family has D in their name too, and we know the attitude of those who carry the D are quite similar (refer to any SBS about Ace to see similarities to Luffy, and check out the time Blackbeard meets Luffy (hes Marshall D. Teach).
Quote:
-I dont think that was the pirate king but someone much greater than him
No she says "so he's called that now?" as she only knew of him under his propername. A similarity will probly be in Luffy being called Straw Hat Luffy by the world, an not by his rightful name.
Quote:
-That someone much greater than Roger is probably involved in the void history too.
Possible, but so far the series has made out Roger to be the greatest man who ever lived, with a pride that could not be shaken right p to his moment of death.
Quote:
-"D" may be a leader of some kind of a clan and all of his decendants has carried on the middle intial of "D".
As I stated, it is likely just the family name, but there is a belief that the D. named people have a relation to the lost civilization of the void century. Possibly the only line of descendants still alive.
Quote:
-Infos about "D" is top secret, and Robin's biggest role in One Piece would be to uncover all these mysteries.
Regardless of if Robin and Luffy's past are bound to intertwine (which Im sure they are), Oda would never make another character just as a character to expose anoher if they become one of the Mugiwari. Too trivial of a role in tha fashion, it would be like telling Sanji to just be the chef, and nothing else.

Robin's role will expand the longer she's on the crew, like the rest, and will add her personal touch to everthing.
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 13:11   Link #403
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Regardless of if Robin and Luffy's past are bound to intertwine (which Im sure they are), Oda would never make another character just as a character to expose anoher if they become one of the Mugiwari. Too trivial of a role in tha fashion, it would be like telling Sanji to just be the chef, and nothing else.
haha, so true. this isnt gundam seed >_>
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 19:03   Link #404
choccolatechic

Wow, i didnt think of it in that perspective. great insight matsuno-san!

anyways, i have something to add, just a little opinion. what if "D" stands for devil and "D" made the fruits? lol. possible right?

Last edited by choccolatechic; 2006-10-23 at 22:13.
choccolatechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 06:51   Link #405
Gaiyae

I'm really interested how characters like Usopp or Robin will grow.

Spoiler:
Gaiyae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 00:07   Link #406
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiyae View Post
I'm really interested how characters like Usopp or Robin will grow.

Spoiler:
maybe usopp gets stronger ammo like we saw
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-13, 14:40   Link #407
Climhazard
Funk Freed

I wonder if we will ever any info about rockstar or see him fight(im sure we'll see him fight some day), im really curious as to how he got his 94 million bounty.
Old 2006-11-27, 18:40   Link #408
Climhazard
Funk Freed

In the Arabasta arc when Zoro first sees Ace he says 'as a former pirate hunter, i can never forget that mark'.
Does this mean that Zoro has been in contact with a Whitebeard crew member in the past?
Old 2006-11-27, 19:01   Link #409
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Seems that way.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 14:54   Link #410
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
didn't he also say that all of the bounty hunters knows this mark ??

i don't think zoro meet anyone of WB men, since
1- Zoro didn't enter grandline
2- Zoro still alive and also not part of WB.

i think when zoro become bounty hunter, some other bounties hunter told/show him that mark and warned him not to attack anyone with this mark.
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 17:16   Link #411
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yeah, I'm sure the mark has been posted on wanted posters everywhere. Although it's not impossible that a WB crewmember had business in the East Blue. Just like Mihawk went there followin Krieg's crew.
Old 2006-11-29, 01:21   Link #412
airsBlue

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure the mark has been posted on wanted posters everywhere. Although it's not impossible that a WB crewmember had business in the East Blue. Just like Mihawk went there followin Krieg's crew.
yeah.. but think about it like this if zoro killed this crew member and got his bounty ... most likely WB would have sent someone to hunt and kill zoro. well zoro could have saw that crewmember strengh (without fighting him ofcourse) and learned later about that mark from someone else.
Old 2006-11-29, 03:18   Link #413
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I never suggested he killed a member of WB's crew. Just that he may have encountered one. But more likely the jolly roger is just well known.
Old 2006-11-29, 07:21   Link #414
airsBlue

Quote:
I never suggested he killed a member of WB's crew. Just that he may have encountered one. But more likely the jolly roger is just well known.
but here is a strange though... if zoro saw a strong person he would want to fight against him just to test his power ... and if that person was with bounty and a high one he would likey pick a fight with him ... so i don't think he meet someone from WB's before, but as u said the mark as well known and probably another hunter or a marine office told him about it.

Last edited by airsBlue; 2006-11-29 at 08:09.
Old 2006-11-29, 19:27   Link #415
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Zoro is not so reckless as to fight any strong person just to test his power. Any good warrior knows when to pick and choose his battles.
Old 2006-11-30, 01:40   Link #416
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
but here is a strange though... if zoro saw a strong person he would want to fight against him just to test his power ... and if that person was with bounty and a high one he would likey pick a fight with him ...
that COMPLETELY contradicts his actions in the bar scene on Jaya.
Old 2006-11-30, 09:43   Link #417
airsBlue

Quote:
that COMPLETELY contradicts his actions in the bar scene on Jaya.
in Jaya luffy told not to attack anyone, if it was for him he almost draw his sword to take that bastard head.

Quote:
Zoro is not so reckless as to fight any strong person just to test his power. Any good warrior knows when to pick and choose his battles.
didn't he fough against Mihawk even though he knew the huge differance in skills ??
Old 2006-11-30, 16:33   Link #418
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
didn't he fough against Mihawk even though he knew the huge differance in skills ??
he challanged Mihawk beliving that he could do more, but couldn't stop cause he didn't want to lose...

and there is a scene when Champion is screaming while standing on top of building and both Zoro and Luffy wants to beat the crap out of his just because he called himself "champion" XD
Old 2006-12-20, 23:54   Link #419
brandfireX
Jedi Trainer of ONE PIECE

i saw this in another thread but it didnt fit with the topic

zoro needs a new sword when did this happen didi i miss something
brandfireX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 00:11   Link #420
S_C_L-1

It's at the end of the EL arc... even a few manga readers missed that... its during the fight against the DF marines.