AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 49 28.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 26.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-03, 12:31   Link #221
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
What actually bothers me more is who Subaru's mother is. For her mother to have her own custom device with cartridge system must make her extremely special, since it leads me to believe that she was one of the first Enforcers to use a cartridge system. We know that the TSAB had cartridge systems parts available for quite some time, but rarely used them on anything. Although WHEN Subaru's mother began using Revolver Knuckle has me stumped: For all we know, she could've been using it even before Nanoha and Fate O_o
i think that cartridge systems were in use even before the success of nanoha and fates devices... the only reason they didn't want to put cartridge systems in nanoha and fate's devices was because iirc they were intelligent devices and they intelligent devices really delicate... that's why i can see no problem with subaru having the device she has now... it's not even an intelligent device thus it might had been less risky to put a cartridge system on it...
Old 2007-04-03, 12:46   Link #222
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I find this show to be quite trite. It's a personal opinion, but I don't really obtain any fun from cheesy stuff (for the most part, that is). I will look further into this series as it progresses, however. Maybe it's just the low-quality raws I've seen . . .
It seems to have evolved this way ---
First season: "coming-of-age initiation (nanoha)", "character-study (fate)"
Second season: "no one is really evil but it is more the goals and methods collide" sort of drama
Third season: primarily action-oriented / focus on the tech (pseudo-mecha)

Yes, those are sweeping generalizations... but thats been the trend from my perspective. The third season description is tentative. We'll just have to see where they put the emphasis.
However, the first episode doesn't seem to imply we're going to get a really deep look at the new characters (action does not equal any subtle character definition or evolution).
Old 2007-04-03, 12:51   Link #223
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Basing the overall impression of any series on the first episode alone is very premature (if we did, we wouldn't be watching Nanoha in the first place ). They do have 26 episodes to balance out the action and character parts, twice the time they've had in the first two seasons.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-03, 13:01   Link #224
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You could consider another possibility that Loner provided: That Nanoha was in combat prior to the rescue. In StrikerS Chapter 1, Fate states that combat machines, which can emit AMF, appeared in the scene, presumably the same ones they fought in earlier chapters. So it's likely that Nanoha and the aces were in combat to drive off the drones before they can commence with the rescue effort. And, Nanoha has always used two cartridges to initiate Divine Buster Extension (finally remembered ^^;; ).

Although yeah, Divine Buster is a bit of overkill, but this is Nanoha we're talking about
Yeah but form the manga I dont remmebr that is was mentioned that those machines showed up at that time. And that incident happen of a different day then the excavation side combats. I'll re read that part ofve the manga to double check thou. And yeah you are rigth and we are tlakign about Nanoha and she does have a tendency to overdo things.

Quote:
What actually bothers me more is who Subaru's mother is. For her mother to have her own custom device with cartridge system must make her extremely special, since it leads me to believe that she was one of the first Enforcers to use a cartridge system. We know that the TSAB had cartridge systems parts available for quite some time, but rarely used them on anything. Although WHEN Subaru's mother began using Revolver Knuckle has me stumped: For all we know, she could've been using it even before Nanoha and Fate O_o

I can imagine that it was not the success of Nanoha and Fate with the CS that prompted the TSAB to allow cartridge systems; it would be that they now have first-hand sources of experienced cartridge users at hand, aka the Wolkenritter, allowing them to significantly improve safety measures on the systems.
Yeah that is a good question I coudl only read up to chapter 4 sicne i can't read kanji. So I was not aware it was from her monther. And now that i know it does beg the question. I can only hope we will be inlightenas to that sometime in the future.

And once again over the Racing vs Raging issue if the producers clearyl said it was Racing and not Raging why does it continue to be called Raging in teh anime. Because no matter how you listen to it you clearly hear raging and not racing. Either all ofve their voice actors can't say racing properly or its an otehr problem in teh sort of the one i speculated. In the end this is a deadlock battle. Since both sources are "legit".
Old 2007-04-03, 13:14   Link #225
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
Yeah but form the manga I dont remmebr that is was mentioned that those machines showed up at that time. And that incident happen of a different day then the excavation side combats. I'll re read that part ofve the manga to double check thou. And yeah you are rigth and we are tlakign about Nanoha and she does have a tendency to overdo things.
From the scanlations:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-03, 13:15   Link #226
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Basing the overall impression of any series on the first episode alone is very premature (if we did, we wouldn't be watching Nanoha in the first place ). They do have 26 episodes to balance out the action and character parts, twice the time they've had in the first two seasons.
Exactly... that's why I labeled it tentative. As you point out, they have twice the airtime and double the potential to screw up the story

I thoroughly enjoyed the first two seasons - as different as they were. If this season does indeed focus on action, then I hope the special effects budget reflects that emphasis shift. If they're going to give the characters room to grow, change, and such ... I'm less annoyed if the special effects are a bit dimmer

I've been fascinated by the number of pages being devoted to the equipment and tech-magic here. Makes me really wish there were a first person shooter version of Nanoha
Old 2007-04-03, 13:23   Link #227
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

I've been fascinated by the number of pages being devoted to the equipment and tech-magic here. Makes me really wish there were a first person shooter version of Nanoha
Probably the reason this tread is so tech oriented right now is because its the only things we can realy discus and analise at this time. Everythign else at this moment is pure speculation since we have no info or to little info. But yeah a first person shorter of Nanoha would indded probably rock. But one would have to work out the balance issues otherwise it will probably only Nanoha Vs Fate even if the otehr characters are created.
Old 2007-04-03, 13:23   Link #228
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

While I wouldn't want to be pessimistic, yep, 50/50 chance of screwing up big time later.

And Nanoha has always matched action for character development, although now they seem to be on the right track on balancing both. Besides, having lotsa action in the first ep was for me a good thing, since it gives the series a much needed bang XD

And technomagic has always been one of Nanoha's biggest draws, especially among mecha fans, since Nanoha's magic doesn't rely on the power of good, light, love or other stuff to work ^^;; And as EadTaes pointed out, it's one of the few aspects of the show that we can analyze at the moment with certainty ^^

And Nanoha FPS? Yes to that idea!

*Swaps his BFG 9000 for Raising Heart*

Old 2007-04-03, 13:33   Link #229
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
*Swaps his BFG 9000 for Raising Heart*
Oh, why stop there? The Volkenritter upped the ante by adding the cartidge system to their devices, so for this let's improve the technology again! By adding experimental Polarized Lyrical Overthruster Technology to a magical staff, we can create the ultimate device, capable of creating localized dimensional distortions with enough control to alter reality itself! In other words...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-03, 13:41   Link #230
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
Oh, why stop there? The Volkenritter upped the ante by adding the cartidge system to their devices, so for this let's improve the technology again! By adding experimental Polarized Lyrical Overthruster Technology to a magical staff, we can create the ultimate device, capable of creating localized dimensional distortions with enough control to alter reality itself! In other words...

Spoiler:
New E-Mail just came in for you:

Quote:
Congratulations! You have been promoted to Head R&D Coordinator of UAC Mar's Delta Labs! As your first assignment, you'll be assigned to use our latest Intelligent Device against thousands of Demon Hordes from Hell! Work Hard, Work Safe! Your Future Depends on it
*cookies for references*

Old 2007-04-03, 14:48   Link #231
cyanne

Quote:
New E-Mail just came in for you:

Quote:
Congratulations! You have been promoted to Head R&D Coordinator of UAC Mar's Delta Labs! As your first assignment, you'll be assigned to use our latest Intelligent Device against thousands of Demon Hordes from Hell! Work Hard, Work Safe! Your Future Depends on it
*cookies for references*
The TSAB is not run by a giant computer! At least... I don't think so? Do you even have the proper clearance for this e-mail?
Old 2007-04-03, 16:32   Link #232
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Sounds like a weird cross between Paranoia and Doom.
Old 2007-04-03, 17:10   Link #233
The-Ghost
anime lurker

any one else notice that Rein is in the preview as well, face down on the pillows above nanoha. looks like both Fate and Rein sleep the same way
Old 2007-04-03, 17:32   Link #234
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Raising Heart cartridge style against hordes of Doom "friends" .... um... might be close quarter issues but it'd get really bright for a second.
Old 2007-04-03, 18:03   Link #235
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think there's a little chicken-and-egg thing going on re: Yunno's character. I would not argue, as some have, that the writers can't find anything for him to do because his character sucks. I think it's just the reverse - they don't know how to write for him, so he looks bad. In fact, in an anime where so many of the characters are very similar, Yunno is interesting in that he's the complete opposite of Nanoha in almost every way. Used properly, he'd be an integral part of the dramatic side if not the action side (though again, as his abilities are so complimentary to Nanoha's in that he excels where she's weak and vice-versa, he could have a major role there too).
Old 2007-04-03, 18:17   Link #236
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Okay,

If I await a better quality 9Which will come soon) I will die, so I watched the yesh version0.1

Thoughts:

OMG.OMG!!!! Awesome!! God damn awesome! The Action...The action~ SO good to see my girls back...*Sniffs*

Nanoha, Oh how I missed thee.

Fate-chan...Fate-chan...*Waahh!*

Ahem....

Most of my thoughts on this have been already revealed so I don't have much to say except;

I loved Miyamoto Becky and I adored Tokiha Mai so you know how I feel about the new girls.

About Subaru's Devine Buster though...Can't you think if another name Subaru-chan please? Calling an attack of that caliber the same name as Nanoha's D.B is a little...Anything will do. Even a Devine Buster II or Subaru version will do.

Watching this episode, I kind of hoped that Fate and Nanoha weren't prodigies so that I can see them take training and getting even more bonded but alas. That boat already sailed.

I think I am going to be feeling a lot of 'Why didn't Nanoha and Fate do this' while watching Striker S.

Also that mysterising(Is it a word) of Nanoha's debut was excellent too. It made me miss her even more. Her old tradition o singing in the OP/ED is much more appreciated to.

Liked how the three; Fate, Nanoha and Hayate moved as one to save Subaru and Tea...

Kind of sad that Fate was very shadowed in the ED though. *Sigh*, A's OP/ED were the bomb.

I also don't see a problem with Nanoha using D.B at the airport. Using an attack is is known to succeed 100% in dangerous situations is A Okay, I say. A person's life was at stake, the coast was clear...Not to mention that by now, D.B is probably the weakest attack Nanoha has. I bet the most powerful attack she has now can reach the end of the Milky...

I love this episode.

The only reasons I didn't give it a 11/10 was that there was no Bravo on the poll and because of the quality. So, I gave it a 10/10.

Once again...I love you Nanoha, Fate, I hoe to see more of you in the future and hopefully,in HD.

And I am impressed that Raging Heart upgraded to Oxford English.

Now to go and see the best quality there of of 01 in raw.
Old 2007-04-03, 18:19   Link #237
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Its going to take at least 4 days after the first station airing Nanoha for it to air on a channel that offers digital for a good raw capture
Old 2007-04-03, 18:33   Link #238
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes
About Subaru's Devine Buster though...Can't you think if another name Subaru-chan please? Calling an attack of that caliber the same name as Nanoha's D.B is a little...Anything will do. Even a Devine Buster II or Subaru version will do.

"Devine Buster II" would sound like it means that it's somehow better ...

Perhaps "Devine Buster 0.5" ? Or maybe it's the 'beta' version

@Guardian Enzo
For awhile Yuuno was exactly what you said... Except now that they super-buffed Nanoha, Yuuno (And Arf's) role were render pointless...
Old 2007-04-03, 18:46   Link #239
Meophist

Personally thought that Nanoha could make a good Fighting game. Not sure if it'll make a good FPS though, close-combat attacks rarely translate well into the genre.
Old 2007-04-03, 18:51   Link #240
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Its going to take at least 4 days after the first station airing Nanoha for it to air on a channel that offers digital for a good raw capture
I shall wait, while re-watching A's.
Closed Thread