AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-25, 05:36   Link #1021
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKensei View Post
Hmm....guess my standards are too high?...A sudden change in animation just annoys me. I'll try getting used to it...XD
watch all of naruto in a week you will get used to it or die....or lose your mind...I never had one... :P
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 07:25   Link #1022
Hyouzan
Fujiko's lap pillow <3

hmm...just watched eps 7
Spoiler:
Hyouzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 07:50   Link #1023
Guppy

Spoiler for ep. 8 preview:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 12:58   Link #1024
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep8 preview:

Spoiler for Ep7:
Old 2007-05-25, 17:09   Link #1025
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Actually because of low budged and kind of crappy action scenes the main attraction of this anime for me are the characters and their relationship (specially AyanoxKazuma). It has an interesting plot but its strength lies not in action. If they would give it enough attention and big enough budget, then who knows, but for now the caharcters are the main force here.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 17:29   Link #1026
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Actually because of low budged and kind of crappy action scenes the main attraction of this anime for me are the characters and their relationship (specially AyanoxKazuma). It has an interesting plot but its strength lies not in action. If they would give it enough attention and big enough budget, then who knows, but for now the caharcters are the main force here.
quite true ~ but then again this series doesnt seem to give the impression of "just mindless fighting" to me in the first place :3 as far as the plot goes a good relationship plays a big part...how ayano comes to accept kazuma and all that ~ and not forgetting how kazuma ended up this way because of a broken heart ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 18:24   Link #1027
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Quoted for truth. I've been saying this since episode 3 or so
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 20:34   Link #1028
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That sounds pretty true. I doubt they did it that way on purpose, but the characters and plot really are the important thing here. Could be the less than incredible animation really makes you take notice of that. It's a good story anyways, so I'm glad it's being told.

The relationships really are key in this one. How Kazuma was treated in the Kannagi family, but can still have good relationships with members of it. It's just interesting to see how Kazuma's past has influenced him and how Ayano is going to change from that person we met at the start.

Spoiler for Novel Translation Status:

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-05-26 at 00:57.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 02:56   Link #1029
Darknemo2000

Sometimes relationship has the chemistry sometimes it does not...Lets say in Gurren we have the tsundere couple of KaminaxYoko but its so plain and boring that you allready know everything, so silly portrayed and played like it would be for someone who is 5-7 years old. One of the worst couple in this season (and as far as I know many poeple support this oppinion) becaue it doesnt have the chemistry needed, despite the fact that characters are quite uinterestig and active (specially Yoko, kamina is pretty stupid).

In Kaze no stigma relationships are pretty nicely portrayed and ofcorse KazumaxAyano pairing has the chemistry needed to make you interested in the show, despite the crappy action scenes and pretty stiff and lq animation.
Old 2007-05-26, 03:05   Link #1030
usagijen

yeah, the crappy animation and disappointing fight scenes just makes me a sad rabbit... x___x;;; (but the Kazuma x Ayano antics make up for that ) especially with episode 7...! It makes me a happy KazuxAya fangirl (I can't help but go into waff mode) XD

Anyways, episode 7 summary is up in my site~ took me quite some time because I got distracted and read the short stories (with KazuAya) whilst I haven't finished my summary (and my deep frying for that matter) x__X

Kaze no Stigma Summary + Commentary
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 04:41   Link #1031
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
One of the worst couple in this season (and as far as I know many poeple support this oppinion) becaue it doesnt have the chemistry needed, despite the fact that characters are quite uinterestig and active (specially Yoko, kamina is pretty stupid).
Spoiler for gurren ep 7-8:
Old 2007-05-26, 04:54   Link #1032
Darknemo2000

Spoiler for Gurren:

Returning back to Kaze no Stigma - it has what Gurren lacks , mainly lively realtionships matching the personalities. Its rather hard to tell what formula works in making good relationship between characters, as sometimes it works,sometimes (like in Gurren's case) it doesn't.
Old 2007-05-26, 06:28   Link #1033
usagijen

I just remembered I still haven't posted that hug spoiler scene... so here goes~ (I'm just going to repost the description I mentioned about this before, with some corrections...)

Spoiler:

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-05-26 at 06:39.
Old 2007-05-26, 06:39   Link #1034
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Sometimes relationship has the chemistry sometimes it does not...Lets say in Gurren we have the tsundere couple of KaminaxYoko but its so plain and boring that you allready know everything, so silly portrayed and played like it would be for someone who is 5-7 years old. One of the worst couple in this season (and as far as I know many poeple support this oppinion) becaue it doesnt have the chemistry needed, despite the fact that characters are quite uinterestig and active (specially Yoko, kamina is pretty stupid).
Spoiler for Gurren-Lagann spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
I just remembered I still haven't posted that hug spoiler scene... so here goes~ (I'm just going to repost the description I mentioned about this before, with some corrections...)

Spoiler:
haha...ayono going dere dere mode! how classic...a guy you like asks you for a hug and you give in while at the same time giving the same guy a strong embrace ~ touching then a minute later..."KAZUMAAAAAA!!!!!" XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-05-26 at 14:32. Reason: avoided neg rep ;_;
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 06:42   Link #1035
lightbringer
M9000

Okay, while this isn't the Gurren thread, I'd like to say in its defense that Gurren's over-the-top action that borders on mecha parody is actually really refreshing. It's great how the show does not take itself too seriously. Characters are probably not the strength of Gurren, but it's not worthless by any stretch of the imagination ^_^;

@usagijen:
Spoiler for kek:
Old 2007-05-26, 07:08   Link #1036
Darknemo2000

Hey but there IS a difference being dere-dere for someone like Kazuma and for someone like Keitaro. Being dere-dere for Keitaro sounds almost like insult.
Old 2007-05-26, 07:13   Link #1037
lightbringer
M9000

That's true too, he's even more of a doormat than Belldandy ^_^
Old 2007-05-26, 07:21   Link #1038
usagijen

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-26, 07:21   Link #1039
Hyouzan
Fujiko's lap pillow <3

wait, wait a minute......WHAT ?!
how can a goddess be a doormat ?

...sorry, i just can't let that comment unchallenged

to be more on topic....
lol i know this anime is not about the action...but still i was entertaining some false hope to myself that somehow we'll get to see better choreographed battles with minimum talks in between....and now i've given up on that

about ayano going dere-dere....
Spoiler:

eh btw how long will this runs ?
13? 26 ?
Hyouzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 07:38   Link #1040
lightbringer
M9000

24 or 26, I think.

Tags
fantasy, shounen