Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-17, 20:32   Link #7361
Teal
Chachamaru's #1 Fan

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
I can understand the need for breather chapters quite well. Heck, I happen to enjoy the "breather" chapters between the Mahora festival and the end of the first term (as well as the bathhouse chapter that took place after the first day of the Ostia festival).

I think my problem is that I'm worried that with these recent chapters, Negima is going to devolve back to how it was during the early years of the manga. Of course, given what may happen in chapter 339, things could be picking up soon.
Your full of good points, I like you >:].
Yes Have faith, everything needs breathing time before each mega story breaking or action packed scene. Like boxing, breaks between the rounds ya know? Anyways
Come on Akamatsu! ROCK OUR WORLDS WITH MORE NEGIMA PACKED ACTION AND STORY! (Teal in the background: "And more NegixChacha Lovin!") ^^

**** is going down when the Otaku calls you a nerd.
Teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 23:18   Link #7362
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
I think my problem is that I'm worried that with these recent chapters, Negima is going to devolve back to how it was during the early years of the manga.
Ah, I wouldn't worry about it. Ken has taken every opportunity to turn this thing into the biggest shonen title he could, of course we're going to see a spectacular finish, even if we're not barreling strait into it. If we kept going at that rate, it'd be Namek all over again. So no, I don't think this recent break is indicative of a major change.

Now, if he hasn't set up an arc by a dozen or so chapters, then I might start worrying. But for now, I'm pretty confident.
Old 2011-09-17, 23:28   Link #7363
Teal
Chachamaru's #1 Fan

Yes. See? Even Blank-Mage is agreeing.
Akamatsu know's what he is doing.
If not I have his email address, do to a fan service site (type thing) I will post it on here and we can all complain and spam him till he fixes it lol

In all legal sense of course.

Old 2011-09-18, 03:46   Link #7364
Pong

I'm with Teal and Blank-Mage on this one. I wouldn't get worried that Negima is going to regres to it's harem-hinjiks days. Most likely we are getting couple of chapter showcasing how the girls changed after visiting MW and stuff like that.

We had Natsumi chapter, now chachamaru chapter, next is Chisame chapter. After that I'm guessing we get Kaede or Ku fei chapter, then one for Setsuna/Konoka and round it up with Asuna focused chapter which might be two-parter.

After that we'll probably get back into action.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 04:09   Link #7365
Teal
Chachamaru's #1 Fan

Exactly, see nothing to be worried about.
but personally I don't mind the breathers I like them gets me interested in the different characters as their filling the holes.
Why do I feel like I'm repeating myself? Well I'ma go onto something where I don't feel so repetitive.

Hey look I found the color Teal...thats pretty cool.
But in the days when you would eagerly await for more Negi magic, sitting at the edge of your seat, heart pounding, ringing in your ears, cold sweat, can't feel your left arm so your unsure of whether your having a heart attack. I utterly hate those moments...which why I say Mr.Akamatsu gets some high advanced robots to do most the drawing for him so we get them in like 2 day's instead of a week or more.

Also does anyone know whether the movie that came out for Negima was any good? the Mahou Sensei Negima: Movie Final or something along that line, and whether it was or wasn't can I get that in english subtitles yet with a torrent site? lol
Colors are fun

Old 2011-09-18, 04:11   Link #7366
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I can understand the need for breather chapters quite well. Heck, I happen to enjoy the "breather" chapters between the Mahora festival and the end of the first term (as well as the bathhouse chapter that took place after the first day of the Ostia festival).

I think my problem is that I'm worried that with these recent chapters, Negima is going to devolve back to how it was during the early years of the manga. Of course, given what may happen in chapter 339, things could be picking up soon.
Yet, the harem comedy never left. Even during the magic world arc they kept poking at it. This is more a continuation of the usual than a shift back to the past. The difference now as opposed to in the past is that since more and more girls are falling for Negi, the amount of chapters spend to harem jokes will increase as the number of girls do.

Not a good sign if you hate those chapters (on that note, I'm not much of a fan of them myself), but I really don't see it changing.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 04:21   Link #7367
Teal
Chachamaru's #1 Fan

Yall worry to much, just sit back wait and if it doesn't get better we can all move to another manga(even though that would tear at the very foundation's of my soul)I love this manga and Mr.Akamatsu to the extent of non sexual way, but hey if Mr.Akamatsu chooses to go back to the Harem hijink chapters we can't do much about it except wait for the main story and action to pick back up.(Or I still have his e-mail address )but still Mr.Akamatsu made a pretty damn good anime/manga called Love Hina (which I haven't completed and am just going off what a bunch of friends and people said) so I would have an idea he knows what he is doing.
Don't worry chaps, Hakuna Matata.

Damn I don't post replies I post articles >_<

Old 2011-09-18, 04:31   Link #7368
Pong

With the next chapter focusing on Chiu I have to bring up my prediction regarding her future development. Namely that with Asuna back, she takes back her responsibilities over Negi that were temporary regalated to Chiu...but Chisame still wants to look over Negi and the two get into a semi-rivalry over him.

Also teal if you think you are writing articles then you are indeed new to the whole "forums" thing. I've seen post longer than your entire post count put thogeter. Don't fret and writ to your heart content.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 04:42   Link #7369
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Like a certain person in bleach thread :P
Quote:
No. We need a long breather.
Yep, a very LOONG one too

Well, to be frank I also don't want it to be purely light-hearted comedy like earlier chapters (vol 1-10), mainly because Negi had changed, Mundus magicus problems, and with Fate in Mahora...i'm hoping for some light-hearted situation but with a hint of seriousness still intact.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 04:43   Link #7370
Teal
Chachamaru's #1 Fan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pong View Post
With the next chapter focusing on Chiu I have to bring up my prediction regarding her future development. Namely that with Asuna back, she takes back her responsibilities over Negi that were temporary regalated to Chiu...but Chisame still wants to look over Negi and the two get into a semi-rivalry over him.

Also teal if you think you are writing articles then you are indeed new to the whole "forums" thing. I've seen post longer than your entire post count put thogeter. Don't fret and writ to your heart content.
Top one first:
Thats right! Chiu's out of the parental business, and I remember her saying how she became the number one net idol but felt empty inside. Negilove filled that emptiness? My Chacha keeps getting more rival's for her Negi...this is ridiculous.

Bottom one Second:
Lol I told yall, I came in this place with little understanding of the rules and winging it, I never had a reason to forum until i got the urge to discuss Negima with people that wern't myself or others that only had a faint grasp of what I was talking about. Thank Pong now I don't feel like i'm over here blowing up peoples screens with my long colored posts. x)

Re-visit the top one:
That blows my mind (Maybe its because i've been up all night), but I really wonder what Chiu's gonna do now. What if she goes Public with her affection!? Ayaka Vs. Chiu for Negilove president!? Asuna vs. Chiu for parental guardian!? Chiu vs Chacha(in this case whoever you want to be Negi's wife or husband ((FATExNEGI!?)) put it here instead of Chacha but Chacha has this on lockdown.) for wife?! Nah thats insane...blew my mind thinking of what would happen though.

And to Von:
Negi is a change man/boy, Fates new >:] let the fun begin!

Last edited by Teal; 2011-09-18 at 04:45. Reason: someone posted before I finished and I wanted to reply to them to.
Old 2011-09-19, 23:26   Link #7371
Random Wanderer

*wanders back in* Might as well check on this manga again... Oh thank ALL THAT IS HOLY that magical world arc is FINALLY over! That was insane. Now I can finally read the last twenty chapters or so (which I am doing in the midst of posting this, so I'm actually a lot further along than it sounds).

Yeah yeah, you all liked your shonen stuff. But it just dragged ON and ON.

Anyway, before I forget... EMILY!! *Tackle-hugs* Thank goodness she's back.

Also, now that I've caught up, did I miss something about what happened to the Gravemaster? He, she, or it was last seen immobilizing Sextum, but Sextum showed up at the battle, and the Gravemaster seems to have disappeared utterly.

As for now, I intend to savor these restful chapters, because I am certain they will not last. But I loved the chapters that came after the school festival but before the trip to the magical world. They were some of my favorites out of the whole manga. There is nothing wrong with getting a breather like that again for one or two dozen chapters. And don't worry about things just going back to normal. These people have had their lives fundamentally altered, and long-term character-development is one of the key aspects of this manga. Everyone is going to be dealing with the changes in their lives, and I am looking forward to seeing all of it.

Also, EMILY! *hugs* Don't ever go away like that again!
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 23:41   Link #7372
Teal
Chachamaru's #1 Fan

I have no Idea what happened to Gravemaster, Wiki says that its Negi and asuna's Ancestor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...r_of_the_Grave

Old 2011-09-20, 05:44   Link #7373
Dargor
Welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal View Post
I have no Idea what happened to Gravemaster, Wiki says that its Negi and asuna's Ancestor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...r_of_the_Grave
Wikipedia isn't the first source I'd turn to, truth be told. That being said however, yes, she pretty much disappeared without a trace. Should I worry about that? Probably not, its not like Kent to introduce characters and not even show them later in the story, so I'm confident that she'll reappear. As to being Negi's and Asuna's ancestor, yes she is. Truth be told she actually reminds me of a young Asuna, but we'll wait and see in that department.
Dargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 07:12   Link #7374
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Yes, the Gravemaster is likely to pop up again in the future of this series but since we are still in the "Peace Days" arc, we're gonna have to wait for some time.

That aside, if we want info or such, we turn here. Or here.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 11:40   Link #7375
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Also, now that I've caught up, did I miss something about what happened to the Gravemaster? He, she, or it was last seen immobilizing Sextum, but Sextum showed up at the battle, and the Gravemaster seems to have disappeared utterly.
First, I kinda blame the whole "where's the Gravemaster" mess the fact that the climax of the Magic World being rushed in order to get it finished in time for the movie.

As for what happened to him/her, I'm with the rest of the people who say that we're not finished seeing the Gravemaster just yet.
Old 2011-09-20, 12:16   Link #7376
Dargor
Welp

Quote:
First, I kinda blame the whole "where's the Gravemaster" mess the fact that the climax of the Magic World being rushed in order to get it finished in time for the movie.

As for what happened to him/her, I'm with the rest of the people who say that we're not finished seeing the Gravemaster just yet.
Most likely the case, unfortunately. But as long as something else starts picking up in a timely manner, I won't mind as much.
Dargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 21:34   Link #7377
Teal
Chachamaru's #1 Fan

Hakuna Matata.
It means no worries,
For the rest of your days.

Tomorrow's the day fellows, get to see Chiu in action after the Magic world arc! Can't wait!

GraveMaster O' Gravemaster, where did Ken place thou?
Will thou show yourself in an obscene manner during the breather?
Or will thou be comith in, in a more story rampant time?
O' Gravemaster.

Mr.Akamatsu has it, just wondering when O' Gravemaster will pop back up.

Wiki, know's everything however, because thats what wiki tells me, I don't know where else to go to seek the information that I wish to find.

Teal is trying to sound like an english man in this post, so use your imagination.

Old 2011-09-21, 03:07   Link #7378
Hata
時の異邦人

remember, this is NOT a translation, much less summary, this is my comments only.

Spoiler for 338:

would we finally see the Ayaka family and Asuna next chapter?
Old 2011-09-21, 09:06   Link #7379
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
So... let me get this straight.

Negi intends to reshape Mars into a planet fully capable of sustaining life on its own and he will do so by undertaking an expedition NASA has only been preparing the last decade or so: An actual human crewed space journey to Mars.

Somewhere along the line here, I think he missed a few things to consider.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 12:19   Link #7380
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
So... let me get this straight.

Negi intends to reshape Mars into a planet fully capable of sustaining life on its own and he will do so by undertaking an expedition NASA has only been preparing the last decade or so: An actual human crewed space journey to Mars.

Somewhere along the line here, I think he missed a few things to consider.
well Negi already have a gateway to Mars which is one of the biggest hurdles.

Tags
action, fantasy