AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 27 30.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 25.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 8.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.11%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-12, 15:20   Link #41
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ as far as I could see on youtube, it is so cheap (material wise) it is not even funny (see how "keiichi' was stained by "blood"... even a kid would figure such treachery).

The ONLY kudo to this "thing": they actually use the BGM from the original game.
I can't fathom how the "true content" of higurashi ga would be. (do NOT want)
Old 2007-12-12, 20:29   Link #42
Rias

At least the live action movie doesn't have fat Mion.
Old 2007-12-12, 20:33   Link #43
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

But nether Mion looks like Mion
Old 2007-12-15, 05:23   Link #44
Daveish
Higurashi Fanatic

Does anybody know when the subs are expected to be released?
Old 2007-12-15, 05:55   Link #45
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

They'll be released when they're released Hauu~ is quite random
Old 2007-12-15, 11:00   Link #46
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
And they usually get posted first on 4chan, and there's currently some kind of hacking war going on there.
Old 2007-12-15, 14:07   Link #47
Eryops

The ASS file had been released on Fridays for the past four weeks, followed by the matroska version on Saturday. As a result, I'm a bit surprised that it's not out yet; perhaps he has been busy over the past week. All we can do it keep an eye out on this page and wait.
Old 2007-12-15, 15:54   Link #48
Fychan

Send a message via MSN to Fychan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
The ASS file had been released on Fridays for the past four weeks, followed by the matroska version on Saturday. As a result, I'm a bit surprised that it's not out yet; perhaps he has been busy over the past week. All we can do it keep an eye out on this page and wait.
Actually, since he posts it on 4chan boards, it's quite impossible for him to release it.
And if the ones who do the matroska version aren't the same the one who release the subs, they are probably waiting for it too.
(but I don't know if this teory is right ^^')
Old 2007-12-15, 18:20   Link #49
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fychan View Post
Actually, since he posts it on 4chan boards, it's quite impossible for him to release it.
And if the ones who do the matroska version aren't the same the one who release the subs, they are probably waiting for it too.
(but I don't know if this teory is right ^^')
4chan is already back actually, and it being down wouldn't prevent him from uploading the matroska file to that tracker anyway. And I'm pretty sure it's one guy, since he had once posted both the ASS and the matroska versions in 4chan simultaneously.
Old 2007-12-15, 18:29   Link #50
MarthX

Subs!

http://rapidshare.com/files/76849823...ai.23.ass.html
Old 2007-12-15, 19:16   Link #51
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
-Maid in Heaven. Where did it go?
I've seen Maid in Heaven mentioned elsewhere as well; could someone please explain what it it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post
On the other hand, the fight scene in the mountain is unrealistic. Firstly, how can they not figured out that's Keichi's voice? Why didn't they notice the difference between voices of some teenager and of their group members?

Secondly, being a professional agents, they cannot even spot traps? It is excusable for the first 10 minutes or so because they underestimated the traps, but when they are being cautious, how could they not notice the pure white dress and hat of Rena standing so close to them, or the red shirt of Keiichi? And geez, why are the kids still wear the same bright clothings instead of camouflage in a mountain? They are asking to be shot!
I was quite disappointed by that as well. Having five schoolkids defeat dozens of military special forces personnel breached my suspension of disbelief. Before watching this episode I had guessed that the Yamainu would get neutralized by the Banken; seeing them getting taken out the way they were instead made them look like clowns. I hope that the last episode will make up for this.
Old 2007-12-15, 19:25   Link #52
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I've seen Maid in Heaven mentioned elsewhere as well; could someone please explain what it it?
That's basically Irie's maid fetish. He looks like a bit "obsessed" in the anime, but he is completely nuts about it in reality. Whenever he can, Irie mentions the world should be reshaped with maid uniforms etc.
Quote:
I was quite disappointed by that as well. Having five schoolkids defeat dozens of military special forces personnel breached my suspension of disbelief. Before watching this episode I had guessed that the Yamainu would get neutralized by the Banken; seeing them getting taken out the way they were instead made them look like clowns. I hope that the last episode will make up for this.
Believe it or not, but trap can take down any kind of person, child or adult alike, even if they are supposed to be "professional".
While the fact Satoko can do so much traps can be questionable, traps themselves are obviously not something to laugh at. The wicked parts of these is the psychological impact of these, because even if you lose the edge of the surprise, being overcautious can make you miss the obvious.

As shown in this ep and minagoroshi, they baltantly portrayed the yamainu as a conceit soldier forces, which obviously lead to chaos if they didn't have sufficient preparations.
In a way, the struggle is on the same scale of Minagoroshi, where the club members could take down the 4 yamainu guys by themselves.

@SnEptUne: They don't have a close observation on Rika's surrouding. They obviously don't know how Keiichi's voice is.
Also, "usually", in anime they don't try to change voices too much as it can be confusing and problematic for the seiyuu to do that. As "explained" by Satoko, he skreetched his voice. Considering how someone can do a weird voice after some panic, you have the drill.

Second, considering how they were hidden, the yamainu men could at most notice rena dress and only if a part is too long, that's all. As far as we can see, they don't have a bias line of sight. Keiichi is obviously CROUCHING, so the bush covers him completely, while Rena has a soft spot on her line of sight, her hat cannot be seen if we take the yamainu's sight.

I don't think it is completely realist, but there are too much "high expectations" when some "elite troops" are mentioned.
Old 2007-12-15, 19:48   Link #53
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Believe it or not, but trap can take down any kind of person, child or adult alike, even if they are supposed to be "professional".
While the fact Satoko can do so much traps can be questionable, traps themselves are obviously not something to laugh at. The wicked parts of these is the psychological impact of these, because even if you lose the edge of the surprise, being overcautious can make you miss the obvious.

As shown in this ep and minagoroshi, they baltantly portrayed the yamainu as a conceit soldier forces, which obviously lead to chaos if they didn't have sufficient preparations.
In a way, the struggle is on the same scale of Minagoroshi, where the club members could take down the 4 yamainu guys by themselves.
You'd expect them to be better at spotting and evading traps. Besides, the fact that some of them deserted their units after simply hearing a scary voice on the radio was rather hard to swallow; these men should be trained to charge enemies firing upon them, so them having such little discipline seems quite odd.

As for Minagoroshi, the Yamainu that got ambushed didn't expect to encounter any resistance, so that was a bit more realistic. After that happened I'm guessing that Takano wanted to kill the group herself, so that might explain why the Yamainu didn't attack the group.
Old 2007-12-15, 19:56   Link #54
MarthX

The voice alone wasn't the reason. The voice and the Oyashiro-sama's curse. Takano and the Yamainu weren't responsible for all of them. It's also possible not all the Yamainu are aware that Takano was behind them. They could also be suffering from Hinamizawa Syndrome from all the stress. There are several possibilities.
Old 2007-12-15, 19:58   Link #55
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You'd expect them to be better at spotting and evading traps. Besides, the fact that some of them deserted their units after simply hearing a scary voice on the radio was rather hard to swallow; these men should be trained to charge enemies firing upon them, so them having such little discipline seems quite odd.
You cannot figure how the impact of trap is actually big, especially compared to a conceit attitude.
As i explained, the surprise might be lessened, but doubt and all are effective. As demonstrated, some soldiers reported that some traps were almost lethal, which is hardly something you would expect from kids.
This is actually the "psychological effect" of traps and the chaotic situation: as Okonogi didn't monitor them properly, his men were spread out, as they were not only caught off guard, but it has a snowball effect: seeing your comrades "falling" in battle "should" improve you awareness, but that's only a pretty point on paper. On the battlefield, the sole effect of losing comrades and frontlines is already a shock. This gets even bigger effect if they "know" it is from kids.

While they have the skill to obviously avoid traps (as shown in episode 22), the scale of this operation is quite different. I don't think people would actually laugh seeing bunch of tree trunks rolling at an alarming speed on your faces. Seeing troops falling like flies by pack is a huge blow on the moral.

Granted, I can understand that the guy who ran away because of the voice was a bit over the top. However, they were already worn out by a "supposedly easy" compaign, which turned into a complete failure. Adding some eerie points and the usual stuff about "oyashiro-sama" in hinamizawa, you have the deal.
Quote:
As for Minagoroshi, the Yamainu that got ambushed didn't expect to encounter any resistance, so that was a bit more realistic. After that happened I'm guessing that Takano wanted to kill the group herself, so that might explain why the Yamainu didn't attack the group.
As far as I can see, in Matsuribayashi-hen, the yamainu don't expect much resistence either. The whole deal in the previous episodes was because of the shelter, and so the inner grounds of the Sonozaki.
In this episode, they are in the moutain, a completely isolated place. That's the reason why Okonogi thought they signed their doom, because of such secluded, so supposed to be at THEIR advantage.
So, expecting big resistance from bunch of kids, with maybe 1-2 adults in the lot is quite not something they would think, especially due their number and equipement.

Again, the psychological impact and the conceit moral at the start were their downfall.
Old 2007-12-15, 20:49   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, i don't know if Satoshi's tear was a bit to much, or the perfect add-in to that scene. Either way, very beautiful.
Old 2007-12-15, 22:43   Link #57
Kristen
*Author

I can definately feel the series beggining to wind down. I'm sure the next episode is going to be climatic, but it's like everything is falling into perfect place, and the end is nigh. I'm kind of upset that there is only one more episode left in this series.

Hanyuu sounded awesome! I thought that was Takano going crazy at first, but it wasn't anything close. It's just a shame that there isn't more Rena in this arc than in the past.

For this episode, I'm going to give it an 8. It didn't feel like episode 22 did. It may have something to do with the fact that I kept pausing it whenever parentals walked by out of an old habit. But regardless, it just seemed to be missing a little something.

And now the mystery of Mr. Bear is solved!
Old 2007-12-16, 00:51   Link #58
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
The best example of Maid in Heaven that's translated is this TIPS

Irie is very creepy when he gets into it

Though on the topic of fetishes I find it funny that Miyo and Keiichi share one

Last edited by Sterling01; 2007-12-16 at 01:18.
Old 2007-12-16, 02:55   Link #59
ImpulseRAven
I <3 Kotomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
The best example of Maid in Heaven that's translated is this TIPS

Irie is very creepy when he gets into it

Though on the topic of fetishes I find it funny that Miyo and Keiichi share one
and which fetish would that be?<.<
Old 2007-12-16, 03:18   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So things really are coming towards a close. Kind of sad when you think of it like that. It's been a long road, but might as well enjoy the series right to the very end.

I figure when Satoko the trap master is involved nothing should be surprising. It's finally a chance for her to go completely all out and unleash her terror on someone besides Keiichi . Sure they are professionals, but she is just that damn good at trapping.

Besides like its been said it may sound simple, but once people around you are getting caught and it's starting to become chaos around its not so easy to keep your cool. Also going in overconfident would lead to things getting started with the people getting trapped.

Some things like the dancing on the logs seemed needlessly silly, wouldn't have minded them just getting run over. Full points to Hanyuu for playing the dark god of doom quite well. You'd almost think she was a god or something . Never hurts to toss in some psychological warfare.

Curious about the end. I mean Akasaka and Tomitake should be smarter than just sending your average van into that situation. Not like they would be surprised by the weaponry against them. So hopefully that van is a lot sturdier than it looks or they have some idea. After all if they killed there no chance of grabbing the Banken. Satoko has done a great job so far, but they will need some help.