AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-19, 15:50   Link #281
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Whatever happened to Rodobone or whatever that squad's leader was?
Old 2009-01-19, 16:40   Link #282
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Listen: why is Rukia alive again? Did she gain some new power or something, cos I swore I saw her impaled on a trident just a few chapters ago. Not only that, but I could put my head on a block and say:

"I swear to the great pumba I saw Chad get murderified by Noitra, and I know the 4th Div most likely didn't pass there cos it was in an obscure, outside the building kind of place."

Hmmm what else is wrong with this chapter...? Oh yeah: Even if they mircaulously survived, where is the realism? I mean...seriously: they should be out for the count at least.

Come on, Oda. He claims this is a WAR. Where are the casualties? (Don't talk about the Espada and the nameless faceless, unimportanct faccions running about. Those deaths don't have any emotional value.)

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-01-19, 16:45   Link #283
lucasd

Anybody would go down against haxed #8, unless you are Mayuri.
Ishida is no exception...

Also I wonder why Mayuri didn't use poison against Aizen, problem solved
Old 2009-01-19, 17:16   Link #284
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasd View Post
Anybody would go down against haxed #8
Anyone who Szayel had previously studied, anyway, which is why he had no trouble going against Ishida, Renji, Pesche, and Dondochakka, but didn't even have a clue on what he had against him with Mayuri and Nemu...
Old 2009-01-19, 18:05   Link #285
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Anyone who Szayel had previously studied, anyway, which is why he had no trouble going against Ishida, Renji, Pesche, and Dondochakka, but didn't even have a clue on what he had against him with Mayuri and Nemu...
And he was trying so badly to analyze the poison. lol
Old 2009-01-19, 18:21   Link #286
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiechan View Post

Three, Chad and Ichigo and Orihime (and Rukia according to the page referred below) aren't the only ones who get stronger in HM's spirit-particle charged atmosphere. Remember how Quincy can zap power out of the air? It's a special talent. Ishida's upgrade could literally come from thin air in upcoming chapters. In fact, I'm banking on it.

Spoiler for Ishida talks about getting stronger in HM:
Those power-ups are kind of dulled by the fact that the arrancar also get a power-up from the air of HM. It's pretty easy to power Ishida up though, because there seems to be an endless supply of Quincy plot devices secret techniques. The problem lies in that there is a huge number of captains, VC's, vizards, etc. that Ishida has to share the spotlight with now. Most of the toughest enemies are being saved for the captains. I hope he gets a few more chances to shine though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
He's fighting Rukia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
Hmmm what else is wrong with this chapter...? Oh yeah: Even if they mircaulously survived, where is the realism? I mean...seriously: they should be out for the count at least.

Come on, Oda. He claims this is a WAR. Where are the casualties? (Don't talk about the Espada and the nameless faceless, unimportanct faccions running about. Those deaths don't have any emotional value.)
It's a story involving teenage death gods fighting soul-eating monsters of the netherealm. I think the realism regarding death went out the window oooh...about two pages into the first chapter.

Really, it should be clear by now that Bleach isn't a gritty story about the horrors of war. The good guys always pull through. One Piece readers seem to accept the mangaka's choice not to kill, but Bleach readers scream out for murder every two chapters.

Old 2009-01-19, 19:20   Link #287
debbiechan
Ishida Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Those power-ups are kind of dulled by the fact that the arrancar also get a power-up from the air of HM.
Naaaaw. They've been hanging in HM for a while--they're not powering up from more exposure to the atmosphere--that's something that seems to be affecting ... well, all the ryoka this time around. Kubo's foreshadowed it--Chad clenched his fist and stared at it and got a nifty new arm in HM. Ichigo's been progressing steadily for no apparent reason other than he's just been around. He's gone from being skewered by number four to keeping up with him in the space of a couple hours. Rukia should've been toast and looked instead like a popsickle when discovered--her ice technique had formed a monument around her battle scene and I don't remember her summoning that much ice to defeat number nine.

Quote:
It's pretty easy to power Ishida up though, because there seems to be an endless supply of Quincy plot devices secret techniques. The problem lies in that there is a huge number of captains, VC's, vizards, etc. that Ishida has to share the spotlight with now. Most of the toughest enemies are being saved for the captains. I hope he gets a few more chances to shine though.
Everyone's had a big match, though, except for Unohana (and boy am I looking forward to hers--Kubo-sensei promised it! He said she would fight in this arc!) and Arrowlad's conspicious absence just makes me think he'll have a moment. It may be more of a psychological moment but I'd give anything to see him pull out another plot device secret Quincy technique just when called for.
Old 2009-01-19, 19:30   Link #288
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
The fight is on a standstill...Rukia's being held back by a pending lawsuit by Greenpeace...They don't want her chopping down a tree, even if that tree is trying to kill someone...
Old 2009-01-19, 23:56   Link #289
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Listen: why is Rukia alive again? Did she gain some new power or something, cos I swore I saw her impaled on a trident just a few chapters ago. Not only that, but I could put my head on a block and say:

"I swear to the great pumba I saw Chad get murderified by Noitra, and I know the 4th Div most likely didn't pass there cos it was in an obscure, outside the building kind of place."

*furrows brow*

you're seriously not asking for realism at this point are you?

Quote:
The fight is on a standstill...Rukia's being held back by a pending lawsuit by Greenpeace...They don't want her chopping down a tree, even if that tree is trying to kill someone...
litigation is being led by the Child Eating Candy Tree
Old 2009-01-20, 02:15   Link #290
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Lol, that's a good one
Imo everyone's easy to power up, all they need is some crazy 4th squad medicine or 12th squad "modifications" and they're all ready to go.
Quote:
Everyone's had a big match, though, except for Unohana (and boy am I looking forward to hers--Kubo-sensei promised it! He said she would fight in this arc!)
Bet 10 bucks she'd bring him near-death and then just heal him for kicks, saying it's her duty to heal the injured (even if she's the one who caused it lmao)
Old 2009-01-20, 03:22   Link #291
hakisak
Banned

Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Quote:

.)
Courtesy of Hanatarou. She was near-death ...we don't know how soon after she went down that Bya-man and Hana-bin showed up.

@Kakashi...

Ishida probably has more up his sleeve. Szayel nullified the effects of Steele Schindler (sp ?) and his powers than totally effed him up so he hasn't gotten a chance to strut his stuff. Bet he shows up where IchiUlquiOri are.

@Kyu....I know. I was just joshing...
Quote:
I wish I could rep you again...when the cookie nazi say I can I will...you make lol. Your posts rulez!

In the spirit of arbor day...all she needs is a shovel...replant his ass and the fight is over (if she freezes his roots I will have plenty of potting jokes)
Old 2009-01-20, 09:22   Link #292
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Steele Schindler omg! I just died from laughing it's Seele Schneider which means soul cutter, but "Schneider" can also be translated to dressmaker, nice pun Kubo-sama
Old 2009-01-20, 13:40   Link #293
kimholm

I think that Rukia, Renji and Chad magically popped up again because Unohana healed them. She said that she was there to patch up everybody, we saw her fixing Chad and the dude with the afro, Isane met up with Byakuya and thats when Rukia was healed and at some point they met Mayuri and the gang.
Old 2009-01-20, 15:44   Link #294
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Did they really meet up? I don't remember that part...but yeah, they all definitely somehow became strong enough to kill arrancar as if they're playing snooker when a while ago on earth both Rukia and Chad got 1HKO'd by D.roy and GJ.
Old 2009-01-20, 15:53   Link #295
debbiechan
Ishida Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Steele Schindler omg! I just died from laughing it's Seele Schneider which means soul cutter, but "Schneider" can also be translated to dressmaker, nice pun Kubo-sama
Schneider means "tailor" in Yiddish. Yes, nice pun.
Old 2009-01-20, 16:03   Link #296
Kafriel
Senior Guest

When Ishida talks he calls it /Szeele Sn'aida/,at least in the original version...wonder how bad the dubbed versions got it :P
Old 2009-01-20, 17:16   Link #297
lucasd

LOL
I saw now (reading prettier scans version) that Ichi knows shit about fighting (or Kubo - given the kendo trick), you don't look at the tip of the sword ever. And we get a panel where Ichi stares at it like it was his lover
Old 2009-01-20, 19:13   Link #298
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
So, where is his next power up going to come from now? Go back to his dad and finish what he started? It's a bit pointless going to HM when you're going to be next to useless. He sure did reap the rewards of his hard work (5 minutes), that is, a crappy bow which can't kill anything. I do however believe he will catch up to Ichigo (his rival) at some point. At this rate...in the very distant future.

I'm guessing by future enemies, you're referring to the Royal Realm arc?
I am referring to that arc. Probably Isshin(maybe not him) and Ryuuken wil realise that the time for secrets are over.

Who knows, maybe Ryuuken is somewhere in HM hiding behind a rock
Old 2009-01-20, 23:17   Link #299
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Random crack theory, the topic has been in fairly large discussion but if Aizen is finished with Orihime, then why bother snatching her back. Well, I'm of the mind that he isn't and recent dialog suggests that may be the case, so what could he want with her?

Well its simple really, its not to make the Key like everyone has believed. Its to rebuild Karakura town and reject the destruction of the city. That way Aizen gets his key and Karakura continues on 'unharmed', see he's not that much of a bad fellow... (ofc such a rejection would take a huge toll on her little human body, thus the irrational haters could latch onto the idea that she sacrifices herself for the town during the reversal process!)

Anyway I'm sure someone has come up with that! Cause I'm always two steps behind an original idea. QQ

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2009-01-20 at 23:33.
Old 2009-01-21, 00:26   Link #300
Hav0kkx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakisak View Post
Bet he shows up where IchiUlquiOri are.

He can't. Because that would mean he would be associating with Shinigami allies, since Ichigo is no longer abandoned by the Soul Society. Thus, Ishida must stick to his word, and not join up with them.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion