AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-03-25, 20:21   Link #361
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
New PV:
Its great . I love It.

Thank you Wilfriback.
Old 2012-03-25, 23:07   Link #362
Miraluka
Banned

Screenshots of the pre-streaming:
Spoiler:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 23:53   Link #363
Xacual

Quote:
Spoiler:
It was the first two episodes right? If so it got almost exactly where I expected it to. Looks really solid adaptation wise so far.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 00:06   Link #364
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It was the first two episodes right? If so it got almost exactly where I expected it to. Looks really solid adaptation wise so far.
Where can I find this please tell me.
Old 2012-03-26, 01:07   Link #365
cyberbeing

I don't believe anybody ripped the Bandai Channel pre-screen, so you can't find it anywhere now. As Kunagisa mentioned, there is another limited pre-screen on nicovideo.jp next week.

My only gripe after watching the pre-screen of the first two episodes on b-ch was that the first episode in particular felt a bit rushed, but still enjoyable overall. At least compared to the manga, it felt like they trimmed and compacted the majority of the dialog, explanations, and inner thoughts to key plot points only. Necessary evil to compensate for the high animation budget? Dengeki Bunko doing this on purpose to encourage sales of the manga and light novel? Probably a little of both.

Kunagisa, did you get this feeling as well, or was it just me?
Old 2012-03-26, 01:09   Link #366
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i have a doubt, and the pv dont help me much, are the figths in the anime 3D? or awesomely colored 2D? or a mix of the 2?
Old 2012-03-26, 01:24   Link #367
cyberbeing

It's a mix of the two.

3D character models + flat 2D style textures + 3D special effects
Old 2012-03-26, 02:30   Link #368
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
My only gripe after watching the pre-screen of the first two episodes on b-ch was that the first episode in particular felt a bit rushed, but still enjoyable overall. At least compared to the manga, it felt like they trimmed and compacted the majority of the dialog, explanations, and inner thoughts to key plot points only. Necessary evil to compensate for the high animation budget? Dengeki Bunko doing this on purpose to encourage sales of the manga and light novel? Probably a little of both.

Kunagisa, did you get this feeling as well, or was it just me?
Kinda but not really?

Though I agree with the choices. One of the primary concern I had with the the series for anime only audiences that have no prior contact with the novel is that they would get too turned off by Haruyuki's extreme low self-esteem; let's face it, nobody wants to WATCH someone wallow in self-pity (though reading it is another story since it can go into a lot more characterization). They did enough so we know his character and move on, which is enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelman90 View Post
Really excited for this.

Also, is anyone familiar with this Megumi Wakamiya character on the Accel World site? I've only read halfway through volume 3 of the LNs(as far as a certain site has translated to English), so I have no idea if she is anime-original or not (seeing as a certain other anticipated duel avatar is still labelled as ???, I have my doubts as to whether or not Megumi is introduced later than volume 2).
She's not anime original, as to what volume she appeared in the novel, I forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
But SAO is by A-1

Not that I don't expect quality from them but I don't think expectations should be based on what sunrise does with AW
Yeah, I was half joking when I said that (hence the oy part ).

I forgot to mention I love Misawa's voice~
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 05:01   Link #369
cyberbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Kinda but not really?

Though I agree with the choices. One of the primary concern I had with the the series for anime only audiences that have no prior contact with the novel is that they would get too turned off by Haruyuki's extreme low self-esteem; let's face it, nobody wants to WATCH someone wallow in self-pity (though reading it is another story since it can go into a lot more characterization). They did enough so we know his character and move on, which is enough for me.
I understand why they did it that way as well. I just fear they are going to put too much emphasis on on battles and powering up going forward, and not enough on character development and exposé of the brain burst program.

My preference would have been the following to really flush out the introduction:
Episode 1: ch.01 + first half ch.02
Episode 2: second half of ch.02 + ch.03
Episode 3: ch.04

Instead we have:
Episode 1: ch.01 + ch.02
Epsidoe 2: ch.03 + first quarter of ch.04

Even so, I blame lack of sleep while watching the stream, and an entire month wait until the 3rd episode airs for potentially making my assessment more critical than normal. Hopefully we get quite a few more people who are able to watch next week. I'd normally assume it would show up here at the specified time on 4/1, but they make no mention of it on that page, or anywhere else on nicovideo for that matter.
Old 2012-03-26, 05:19   Link #370
tsunade666

The current translation doesn't result on any Megumi and as for novel illustrations. I'm not familiar with her at all.
Old 2012-03-26, 10:43   Link #371
michaelman90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The current translation doesn't result on any Megumi and as for novel illustrations. I'm not familiar with her at all.
Well, searching for anything related to pretty much any Japanese LN on an English search engine usually only results on what's available based on English translations (the same can be said for looking up LNs on, say, Wikipedia). Most of the information you'll want past what's translated you'll need to either ask for from people who are more familiar with it or figure out yourself by learning Japanese (I really need to work on the latter).

Edit: And if you choose the former, don't forget to ask for spoiler tags for those people who don't want to know the same things you do before reading it themselves.
michaelman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 12:40   Link #372
cyberbeing

I didn't mention this the other day in hopes a novel reader would come forward and provide you more detailed information, but if you're really that curious, there is a brief description of Wakamiya Megumi on Japanese Wikipedia. Search for her name 若宮恵 on that page, copy her description into a web translator, and there is your answer.
Old 2012-03-26, 13:44   Link #373
tsunade666

The web translator that you provide is also in japanese.... I can't understand it. I tried to click the icons below but no result. I just used google translate which I often use.
Spoiler for Wakamiya Megumi:
Old 2012-03-27, 00:02   Link #374
cyberbeing

I linked Excite since I've found it to historically give more reliable J->E translations than Google and most other web translators (comparison below for anybody interested). For Excite, all you needed to do was paste in text and click the Japanese Flag -> American Flag button. Each translation engine has it's own strengths and weaknesses, so it never hurts to compare a couple to catch errors.

Spoiler for Wakamiya Megumi Web Translator Comparison:
Old 2012-03-27, 00:59   Link #375
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Found an HD version of May'n's concert performance of Chase the World. You'll need to turn your volume up a bit, though.

Also, I want her shorts. :P
Old 2012-03-27, 15:33   Link #376
Kunagisa

People who are worried about Kaji's voice still, here's the Drama CD of AW volume 10 (spoilers etc.). Starting 4:28, hopefully this will convince you he's fine (if not ... ... ...).

Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 19:18   Link #377
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Kinda but not really?

Chaos;Head and Guilty Crown....
Old 2012-03-29, 01:52   Link #378
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Spoiler:
OMG!!

THOSE screens look fantastic I'm really looking forward to this one now, despite the impossible plotline of a fat kid being surrounded by beutys who want to date him.

I'm guessing the author is fat lol
Old 2012-03-29, 02:40   Link #379
cyberbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
I'm guessing the author is fat lol
That'd be kind of sad if he did, but fortunately he has an average build. Who knows what he looked like when he was a kid, but chances are it was closer to the skinny lead of Sword Art Online then the fat lead of Accel World, both which he writes.

Spoiler for Kawahara, Reki (Accel World & Sword Art Online Author):
Old 2012-03-29, 03:31   Link #380
Domonkazu

I think Kaji's voice is perfect for wimpy character like Shu.
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen