snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 18:23   Link #5522
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Well that sounds like a waste of time.

Can't even give us something new to argue about.
They are stalking asuki, and they just want to troll us. 8DD

No honest, idk, i think they are playing in safe ground, and i am not really gonna argue with that. They would not want to "ruin" anything.* //in b4 they start milking

* but dude, we still have the right to our gumline. it was the only official thing, that was supposed to come to us, and was cut because it would cause uprawr. ah well, hello society.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 19:21   Link #5523
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

gumline...? what's a gumline? *confused*
Old 2009-06-28, 19:22   Link #5524
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
gumline...? what's a gumline? *confused*
http://koshimizu.livejournal.com/5842.html#cutid1

Scroll down, charas quotes.
Old 2009-06-28, 19:29   Link #5525
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Ah... I see. Why are they called gumlines? *curious*
Old 2009-06-28, 19:30   Link #5526
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Because the quotes were on bubblegum wrappers.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 19:32   Link #5527
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

What orga said. And apparently, they were, like, the most important lines/crucial of each chara, and Kallen's was the only one, that was not played out, so yeah, you can figure the rave that this one caused. /cause ok, let us be honest, it would be towards Lelouch.
Old 2009-06-28, 19:39   Link #5528
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Wait, they put spoilers for characters' future quotes on bubblegum wrappers? That's kind of awesome. XD

And yeah. That... weird, that they would do everyone's but hers...
Old 2009-06-28, 19:41   Link #5529
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Wait, they put spoilers for characters' future quotes on bubblegum wrappers? That's kind of awesome. XD

And yeah. That... weird, that they would do everyone's but hers...
That is Sunrise for you. Always on the genius field, marching. 8D

Yeah, it is peculiar.
Old 2009-06-29, 01:04   Link #5530
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I'm not to sure about that. Okouchi did state that the ending for Code Geass was always planned from the beginning. Lelouch was going to die regardless it seems.
Here is a wild speculation: Lelouch wanted to die because he knew that he would be an immortal, like C.C. because for the code to activate, the heart must be stab once the user takes the code from an immortal, like Charles. Lelouch's Geass was at the level that would have made it possible to absorb Charle's Code. Afterall, Charles did grab Lelouch's neck before he died. So Lelouch's plan might not have worked afterall. Rather than joining Rolo and Shirley in C's World, he gets the curse of an immortal, thanks to his father.

However, I would prefer to see a remake of Code Geass R2 than anything else. That is my one true wish. Why would Suzaku used his sword to stab Lelouch in the heart when he could have cut off his head insead? This is because Lelouch knew what was going to happen.

As for Kallen's gumline, it was cut by the staff deliberately. I can't see why. I just don't think that they like this version of Code Geass R2. So a lot of unanswered questions are still abound. For example, how on Earth did Anya meet Lelouch and Nunnally, eight years ago, at the place where Marianne had lived? Why wasn't this explained, since she witnessed Marianne's death, and Charles had geassed her and Nunnally? Since Lelouch had seen his mother's body, does anyone assume that Charles might have geassed Lelouch as well and had them sent to Japan? Even though, in the first season, Lelouch goes into the place to ask Charles why he hasn't come to see Nunnally. Could Charles x Lelouch's argument be a false memory that the Emperior implanted?
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 01:13   Link #5531
azul120

Anya was there to learn etiquette, and what Lelouch saw was the "staged assassination" by V. V. where Nunnally was made a witness.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 01:34   Link #5532
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
For example, how on Earth did Anya meet Lelouch and Nunnally, eight years ago, at the place where Marianne had lived? Why wasn't this explained, since she witnessed Marianne's death, and Charles had geassed her and Nunnally? Since Lelouch had seen his mother's body, does anyone assume that Charles might have geassed Lelouch as well and had them sent to Japan? Even though, in the first season, Lelouch goes into the place to ask Charles why he hasn't come to see Nunnally. Could Charles x Lelouch's argument be a false memory that the Emperior implanted?
Azul answered most of this. For the remainder, no, Lelouch's memories were not faked, or the Emperor would have noted it. Lelouch never needed to have his memories rewritten.
Old 2009-06-29, 01:51   Link #5533
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

@darthfury78

I think we all can make up speculations about anything. Fact is we got what we got for R2. Okouchi stated that the ending was always planned so I'll take his word. Not going to go into Lelouch being immortal since I always felt it was fans gasping from straws. Just to satisfy their own POV about whatever. Since we all saw him die on screen(Staff stated he's dead) and we don't know how one gets an code and how long it takes to transfer anyway.

For myself, I just want to know what Sunrise has planned for CG in the future.

About the gum line. It was cut for whatever reason. Its strange that Anya's, Nunnally's and C.C's appeared in the show and Kallen's never happened at all. Probably would have went hand in hand with Lelouch's little wish(All speculation) line. Which in her profile made it seem Lelouch had said that line himself. Who knows really.
Old 2009-06-29, 02:50   Link #5534
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
@darthfury78

I think we all can make up speculations about anything. Fact is we got what we got for R2. Okouchi stated that the ending was always planned so I'll take his word. Not going to go into Lelouch being immortal since I always felt it was fans gasping from straws. Just to satisfy their own POV about whatever. Since we all saw him die on screen(Staff stated he's dead) and we don't know how one gets an code and how long it takes to transfer anyway.

For myself, I just want to know what Sunrise has planned for CG in the future.

About the gum line. It was cut for whatever reason. Its strange that Anya's, Nunnally's and C.C's appeared in the show and Kallen's never happened at all. Probably would have went hand in hand with Lelouch's little wish(All speculation) line. Which in her profile made it seem Lelouch had said that line himself. Who knows really.
And the most important question is why didn't they show Lelouch's dead body in a casket ready to be buried, like Shirley's casket? They never showed that at the end of the series nor in the last picture Drama, that could have been expanded to explain that. No funneral. No nothing. We only heard from Okouchi's words, but what about Tanigushi? They never showed the cart driver's face at the end of Turn 25. Thus that by itself leads to a lot of speculation. I would like to think that Lelouch is dead. This way, Code Geass R2 ended with Lelouch buried 6 feet under. I don't know what the future holds for Code Geass, either. That decision is up to Sunrise. Everything was done on the belief that they would be no more Code Geass after the second season. No movie. No Original Video Animation. No Third Season. Everything was said and done, like you said. But, no one could have imagined how successful this series has become. So there might be an option to redo Code Geass R2 in the same format as Season One, which was envisioned by Tanigushi before he was forced to scrap it.
Old 2009-06-29, 02:58   Link #5535
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Lelouch seemed dead to me. I saw him clearly dead. People like using that Nunnally hand crap speculation. Since Nunnally found out everything from her hand. She should know if Lelouch is alive based on that. She herself knew he died and that's why she cried. I didn't need to see his body afterward. Died on screen unlike Suzaku in his KMF. Last PD was about the student council. Can't have an dead member show up from the grave. Cart driver had his hat on because it was hot outside. Okouchi and other staff members said he's dead. Taniguchi stated its up to the audience to decide if it was an good or bad ending of the show. Fans tend to misinterpret that.

Sure I would like an remake. In that case maybe Kallen's background/gum line would happened(Its obvious she was going to be important from how S1 ended. Maybe even an different outcome/instance for turn 7 which the staff even joked about). Suzaku's connection to geass could happen. Lelouch defeating Suzaku at the end of S1 and so on. Doesn't matter though.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-06-29 at 03:33.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 03:01   Link #5536
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
they showed him dying in the arms of the one he loved most
with a full on "life flash before his eyes" thing
right after he explained, in detail, why its importent that he dies to bring peace

maybe they (mistakenly) thought that was enough to hammer home the point
Old 2009-06-29, 03:04   Link #5537
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
right after he explained, in detail, why its importent that he dies to bring peace

And then them saying he's dead after the show ended was the cherry on top
Old 2009-06-29, 03:39   Link #5538
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
And then them saying he's dead after the show ended was the cherry on top
so naturally, people wont accept it
they should have put his body in a meat grinder and turned him into dog food
Old 2009-06-29, 14:02   Link #5539
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post

I think that Lelouch wanted to create a unified global confederation that could work together to bring about peaceful and creative solutions. But they needed to have a common enemy in order to do so. Charles was gone. Schniezel wasn't much of a villian. And given that the Black Knights wanted to kill Lelouch, for whatever BS reason, Lelouch decides to take a big gamble by uniting the world against him. This way, they could look pass their differences and work together to defeat Emperor Lelouch. Once Lelouch takes control of the world, his second plan comes into action with Suzaku/Zero comes to save the day by killing the evil dictator. Lelouch is dead. The world lives happily ever after. The perfect plan that he had wanted for his sister.

However, Lelouch might have created a world that makes is easy for an unknown enemy to take over. I am not sure if he ever changed the Britannian Political system into a democracy. We know that he got rid of the aristocracy and the social darwinism that was promoted by Charles. In the last picture drama, we know that the Aristocracy was reinstated, and the Ashfords might have regained their Nobility, thanks to Nunnally. So the world that Lelouch had created might just revert back to the way it was before he took power.
Old 2009-06-29, 15:02   Link #5540
azul120

Was the aristocracy really reestablished?
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote