Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-29, 18:08   Link #2781
Nevflinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Dude, Naruhina isn't Zutara. It is atleast based on something, even if it is a small thing. Most Naruhina fans will admit that a lot of development is required if Naruhina is to happen, so they're not completely stupid.
To be honest, if we're talking about which one should be canon, that something still isn't really something given the circumstances. Naruto takes its personalities into greater depth than Avatar did. Kishimoto goes into great detail so that all his characters have personality, even the minor ones. To stand a fighting chance, NaruHina would have needed a lot more than what it's been left with.

Besides, you're missing the point of what he's saying. People should be able to tell how the romantic aspect of the story is shaped here. It's like connect-the-dots; you do not need the manufacturer to draw the lines across the dots for you in order to tell that not only are they meant to connect, but that they form an image at the end.

but srsly Let'sFighting i wanna see ur golden penis
Old 2009-07-29, 23:23   Link #2782
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Dude, Naruhina isn't Zutara. It is atleast based on something, even if it is a small thing. Most Naruhina fans will admit that a lot of development is required if Naruhina is to happen, so they're not completely stupid.
Maybe around Animesuki that is a very true assessment. But believe me when I say that the fanbase of Naruto is rabid and the majority of fans do not pay as much attention to where the plot is going as they should. I have seen so much stupidity on other sites (involving A LOT more than just pairing wars too for that matter) that it is down right mind-boggling really. XD

And yeah, I do agree that NaruHina is at least based on something, but fleshing that out is the issue. It just doesn't have the development to stack up to have it make sense. And I don't really see that happening any time soon either.
Old 2009-07-30, 01:54   Link #2783
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let'sFightingLove View Post
NO IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED.

I'm fucking serious.

Don't play the logic game; although it's not ascertain as of yet, it's at a 99.9% probability.

It's the reason reason we can't discredit religion. Although it's highly improbable and unlikely, logic deals with assessing fact and dealing with it through an observant basis with which it can be contrasted with other set variables to reach a conclusion.

Logically speaking, you are correct, nothing is certain. But that's like me telling you my penis is made out of solid gold and I was born with it as such, although you can't discredit it directly, you'll just simply apply sense to my proposition and pass it off as nothing more than a joke.

I think it's reached a point here where we can all be rational people and say, although we can't see the golden penis, it's unlikely such a thing exists.

Basically, it's obvious as fuck and though you're scientifically correct, we don't need an xray to see that somebody has bones.

tl;dr you don't have to rationalize this shit with logic, good old common sense does the trick nicely.

Game over.

EDIT: pm me for pics of my golden penis

The fact that you can't prove an absolute negative has nothing to do with the likelihood of a NaruHina ending vs any other. There's no empirical way to determine a probability of an ending (even if you're merely using hyperbole here), such limitations don't exist in fiction. The writer may choose to not follow a parallel structure where he or she pleases.

Also, you're misusing the word 'ascertain' up there.
Old 2009-07-30, 10:50   Link #2784
Nevflinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by noven View Post
The fact that you can't prove an absolute negative has nothing to do with the likelihood of a NaruHina ending vs any other. There's no empirical way to determine a probability of an ending (even if you're merely using hyperbole here), such limitations don't exist in fiction. The writer may choose to not follow a parallel structure where he or she pleases.

Also, you're misusing the word 'ascertain' up there.
That's still entirely missing the point. There's a difference between being unable to prove it can't happen early and knowing that it can't happen early. This isn't a law court, this is public discussion; again, while it is almost absolutely certain that he does not have a golden penis, the possibility technically exists. Just as there is a possibility that a meteor will hit the planet tomorrow, it's not going to happen.

In other words, there are times when you should simply know better.
Old 2009-07-30, 17:20   Link #2785
noven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevflinn View Post
That's still entirely missing the point. There's a difference between being unable to prove it can't happen early and knowing that it can't happen early. This isn't a law court, this is public discussion; again, while it is almost absolutely certain that he does not have a golden penis, the possibility technically exists. Just as there is a possibility that a meteor will hit the planet tomorrow, it's not going to happen.

In other words, there are times when you should simply know better.
Apparently reading comprehension is hard... I'm fully aware what he meant. In fact, I responded to what he meant but thanks anyways for the additional useless examples. Since you didn't catch this earlier, I'll just spell it out for you: Let'sFighting is asserting that a NaruSaku ending is already inevitable based on the fact that there is little evidence for a counter pairing (in this case NaruHina). I'm saying that the poster he's responded to is correct: there is no pairing until there actually is a pairing.

There's nothing demanding that Kishimoto will wrap the series up with a definitive set of pairings. Saying that a pairing is already matched because you're good at "connecting the dots" is just ignorant. LOTS of things are alluded to that never come to fruition.
Old 2009-07-30, 17:31   Link #2786
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
There's nothing demanding that Kishimoto will wrap the series up with a definitive set of pairings. Saying that a pairing is already matched because you're good at "connecting the dots" is just ignorant. LOTS of things are alluded to that never come to fruition.
I'm talking about the story, not pairings.

Let me elaborate

I don't know how dense you must be not to understand this. Although you cannot properly prove something directly under these circumstances, it's not up to the flip of a coin. It's a 99.999999% possibility vs a number there just to humor you.

We already have an established basis in the story for this particular pairing to come to fruition, THE WHOLE FUCKING STORY ITSELF.

I'm not sure if that was a Strawman argument or a complete misunderstanding on your part.

Quote:
Apparently reading comprehension is hard... I'm fully aware what he meant. In fact, I responded to what he meant but thanks anyways for the additional useless examples. Since you didn't catch this earlier, I'll just spell it out for you: Let'sFighting is asserting that a NaruSaku ending is already inevitable based on the fact that there is little evidence for a counter pairing (in this case NaruHina).
Wrong.

Quote:
I'm saying that the poster he's responded to is correct: there is no pairing until there actually is a pairing.
True in it's own right, but irrelevant in this context.

Let me reiterate in simpler terms; The future has already been predetermined by the past in the Naruto manga. If I am correct in saying the story will progress, I am correct in saying NaruSaku is inevitable.

Naruto = Jirayia -> Loved Tsunade, never became Hokage, wished for Peace, could not save his friend

Sakura = Tsunade -> Realized too late her feelings for Jirayia, could not protect Dan and whatever else that other kids name was (Sakura is now taking the initiative to protect Naruto & Sasuke,.

Sasuke = Orochimaru -> Both lust for power. Sasuke however needs it to fulfill a different intention. In that sense of deviation unlike orochimaru, sasuke can be saved.

And finally, concrete evidence from the manga

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/342/08/

Go hunt me a unicorn and bring back it's head and we'll call it even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevflinn View Post
T
Besides, you're missing the point of what he's saying. People should be able to tell how the romantic aspect of the story is shaped here. It's like connect-the-dots; you do not need the manufacturer to draw the lines across the dots for you in order to tell that not only are they meant to connect, but that they form an image at the end.

but srsly Let'sFighting i wanna see ur golden penis
<3

Unfortunately such a thing does not exist, however, if it's of any consolation, here is a silly llama
Spoiler for :

Last edited by Let'sFightingLove; 2009-07-30 at 20:18.
Old 2009-07-30, 23:50   Link #2787
thedonkiluminati

Will Naruto get with Sakura? After reading chapter 458 I think his chances have gone up exponentially. IWhat does everybody else think?

Last edited by thedonkiluminati; 2009-07-31 at 00:03.
Old 2009-07-31, 00:10   Link #2788
Alchemist007
*Author

Well Sai certainly had to spell it out for her. But at least it's fu*king clear (to her) now.
Old 2009-07-31, 00:21   Link #2789
noven

Quote:
I'm talking about the story, not pairings.

Let me elaborate

I don't know how dense you must be not to understand this. Although you cannot properly prove something directly under these circumstances, it's not up to the flip of a coin. It's a 99.999999% possibility vs a number there just to humor you.

We already have an established basis in the story for this particular pairing to come to fruition, THE WHOLE FUCKING STORY ITSELF.

I'm not sure if that was a Strawman argument or a complete misunderstanding on your part.
I understand what you're trying to say, I'm merely saying that you're wrong. There is no % chance of anything occuring, there is no "common sense" conclusion you can reach that is objectively correct as you're claiming. Your intuition is priming you to see exactly what you want to see, the reality is Kishimoto has kept the characters purposefully ambivalent and until there is resolution there cannot be certainty.

Quote:
Wrong.
Great argument, circumventing a comment is a great way to deal with it.

Quote:
True in it's own right, but irrelevant in this context.
This is the initial argument that spurred this. (check a page back).

Quote:
Let me reiterate in simpler terms; The future has already been predetermined by the past in the Naruto manga. If I am correct in saying the story will progress, I am correct in saying NaruSaku is inevitable.
The future is not determined by the past, especially not in fiction. Parallel structure does not box a writer into a specific ending, it merely adds an additional sense of cohesiveness to a story. There are a plethora of ways he can provide a parallel ending without a romantic pairing.

Quote:
Naruto = Jirayia -> Loved Tsunade, never became Hokage, wished for Peace, could not save his friend

Sakura = Tsunade -> Realized too late her feelings for Jirayia, could not protect Dan and whatever else that other kids name was (Sakura is now taking the initiative to protect Naruto & Sasuke,.

Sasuke = Orochimaru -> Both lust for power. Sasuke however needs it to fulfill a different intention. In that sense of deviation unlike orochimaru, sasuke can be saved.
WHOA REALLY?!?! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN SITTING ON THIS INFORMATION?!

Spoiler for oh, look what i found a few pages ago in the same thread:

Quote:
And finally, concrete evidence from the manga

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/342/08/
Congratulations, you've proven that the story utilizes parallel structure to emphasize the differences of the current generation. Now let me go and find someone who was actually arguing that the story doesn't have this...

Quote:
Go hunt me a unicorn and bring back it's head and we'll call it even.
Anyone with the time, money, and desire to could manufacture a unicorn out of a horse. Surgically implanting a plastic mount at the edge of the bone and layering it over time with calcium and other supplements can cause a bone-like protrusion to grow. It's been documented to work on humans.
Old 2009-07-31, 00:47   Link #2790
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:

Great argument, circumventing a comment is a great way to deal with it.
It seems as though we're at two polar opposites here.

You're waiting for the next stepping stone to pop up in front of you while I've already taken the bridge.

Quote:
Your intuition is priming you to see exactly what you want to see, the reality is Kishimoto has kept the characters purposefully ambivalent and until there is resolution there cannot be certainty.
Wrong.

See the trend? You're wrong.

Quote:
Anyone with the time, money, and desire to could manufacture a unicorn out of a horse. Surgically implanting a plastic mount at the edge of the bone and layering it over time with calcium and other supplements can cause a bone-like protrusion to grow. It's been documented to work on humans.
Sweet, I've always wanted to be satan for halloween.

Quote:
i would rather see sakura with sasuke in all honesty
Speaking of sadism, I lol'd here hard.

SAKURA AND SASUKE, AS A COUPLE?! Could this be the reason you're playing the role of an oblivious forum supremacist that reigns with the iron fist of logic and all things that adhere by the laws of blatant disregard pertaining to any sense in which self-interest plays a key role?

Last edited by Let'sFightingLove; 2009-07-31 at 01:10.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:11   Link #2791
Nobodyman9
Banned

Well, as much as it pains me to admit it, it does seem that NaruSaku has a very bright future ahead of it. I'm just wondering how this is all going to work out now. I'm sure Sakura will probably play some kind of role in the near future and she'll definitely confront about this whole deal, so we may get some kind of resolution soon.

Oh, and I seriously doubt that Sakura's going to be killed off. If Kishi couldn't even kill Hinata off then he's not going to kill Sakura.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:15   Link #2792
Janifuu
緩和

After reading the latest chapter, NaruSaku is an absolute go. I cannot, and I do not see any other pairing other than this happening.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:28   Link #2793
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Latest chapter does not come as a surprise.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/458/04-05/

Wait....HOLY SHIT, is that a puppet of Sasori?
Old 2009-07-31, 01:29   Link #2794
Alchemist007
*Author

You know, I'm not even sure what the hell happened there.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:29   Link #2795
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/458/04-05/

Wait....HOLY SHIT, is that a puppet of Sasori?
Perhaps you should take that to the Chapter 458 discussion thread.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:41   Link #2796
Fran~
floating away...

THANK YOU SAI!!!...
Old 2009-07-31, 02:54   Link #2797
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Oh how hard the curse of being a biased un-self-reflexive pairing-fanatic with no sense of the existence of differing receptions - and I'm not talking about myself here. Although it looks like NaruSaku seems most probable right now, i seem to have never gotten over the impression of those two having just an irrelevant onesided teenage crush that didn't meant anything, so from where i stand there was as few development as with NaruHina up until now (excluding recent chapter). Fact is this is action shonen, romance is kept as low as it gets, development for pairing at the end unnecessary. Anyone claiming to have been reading between the lines, seeing such a development (before recent chapter) is in my opinion downright afflicted by the curse mentioned earlier no matter which faction side. I'm actually not here to root for anyone (if i want romance i go read/watch other series) but to hold up mirrors.
Old 2009-07-31, 03:54   Link #2798
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Well Sai certainly had to spell it out for her. But at least it's fu*king clear (to her) now.

Spoiler for 458:
Old 2009-07-31, 05:02   Link #2799
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's good to see Kishi is actually using romance to build the plot and affect it significantly and not just let it be an excuse for fanservice.

I'm a bit confused about Hinata's role here. It seems as if her part is now done with and Naruto has completely forgotten about her. Logically speaking Hinata declaration of love and both Naruto's and Sakura's knowledge of it should affect the relationship between Naruto and Sakura. Hence my confusion.

If Kishi isn't gonna use that then why didn't Kishi just kill her off when Pain attacked her?
Old 2009-07-31, 06:27   Link #2800
FateAnomaly

What Naruto really want is a threesome between him, Sakura and Sasuke.
Closed Thread