Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-11, 19:38   Link #421
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
I actually felt sorry for that frog.

That frog was the metephorical representative of all the poor abused men of this world that have had the unfortunate luck of meeting and interacting with these insane, emotionally unstabled, sharp-tongued and highly dangerous females......

*sob* poor froggie....

Old 2006-01-11, 22:19   Link #422
Austin1
Work=FUN!!!1ONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGoNe
There's a lot commotion with the finger-interlocking to be one of the more "cute" and adorable moments of the anime.

This moment just made me shrug wondering why. There was such a drastic transition between 25 and 26 that it really felt as if it was done on purpose to succumb the viewer with kindling emotions. It did just about the opposite for me.
This may just be me but I thought that part was supposed to be a couple days later not just one day later. If not it does seem like a quick change but they had to end the season I guess.
Austin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 23:16   Link #423
dojikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
i just finished watching final episode of Suzuka and just the series its self i was not impressed i think one of the main problems of the series is the main charcter Akitsuki was just a weak charcter the whole series centers around him winning all the damn time the final episode finished everything off in a predictable manner the only good points about the series were the 2 drunk girls and the stuff about track. if anyone has any feed back please feel free to share your points of view thanks
I disagree. Winning all the time ... Arima won every track contest against Yamato.
The track scenes were awful both in terms of animation and how much was said during each 100 meter dash.

Overall the series was really good around the end of ep.12 until Yamato decides to become number one in track. Then the series picked up after Yamato's failure to continue in the tournament.

This series is basically a 8/10. A good (if somewhat cliche story), interesting supporting characters, a couple of great scenes make it worth watching. The poor animation was one of the few glaring flaws.

Btw, great scenes: 1. Shirt tugging - although Asahina didn't admit to liking Yamoto, it becomes clear that she doesn't want to watch Yamoto walk away in anger.
2. Bellflower confession - a mock confession over running water with fireflies lighting up the night sky that leaves a lump in my throat.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 03:26   Link #424
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojikyo
2. Bellflower confession - a mock confession over running water with fireflies lighting up the night sky that leaves a lump in my throat.
Yeah, I actually hoped for a turn of story here because the tension already had been rather high that episode and the one before. Still one of the nicest scenes, I agree!
Old 2006-01-12, 05:04   Link #425
jiashore
suzuka luver *_*

having finished the entire series, i have decided it really has been one of the best animes ever for 2005...

Having just broke up wit my girlfriend recently, it really has cheered me up a little... despite the hollow feeling in me with the thought of losing her. Nonetheless, Suzuka was a great show...

cheers,

jiashore
jiashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 17:35   Link #426
GhostTX
GhostXT

Send a message via MSN to GhostTX
Ya i really think that they blew off the track and field, and skipped right onto the relationship with Suzuka, I was really hoping that he would become the best in japan, but my hopes were crushed, when i found out that he FRICKEN FINISHED LAST PLACE! Well any way i hope they have a season 2!
GhostTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 18:07   Link #427
Epoq
1-Up Mushroom

Thumbs down

After watching the last episode, I can't help but wonder to myself why I even bothered watching this anime all the way through.

I'm sorry, but I simply don't like it. Don't blame me though, it was the show that didn't give me enough reason to do so.

Akitsuki is quite simply one of the dumbest anime characters I've seen in a while. Every time he seems to have patched things up between Suzuka and himself, he does or says something completely stupid and beyond comprehension and sends the relationship back to the way it was before: cold.
Throughout the series his constant blunders make me think his I.Q. is below the normal level and that he probably couldn't beat a coconut at chess if he was allowed to take moves back.

Suzuka's seeming dislike for him earlier in the series is completely understandable. I'd even go so far as to say that despite her constantly giving the cold shoulder to Akitsuki, she's actually a rather nice person. Because if I were a girl and had Akistuki running after me, for the sake of this world I would've beat the living s**t out of him a long ago.

On the plus side though, the supporting characters are interesting enough I guess, but sadly are not quite enough to save the series and make it worthwhile for me to recommend to other people.
Epoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 02:50   Link #428
polar720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoq
Akitsuki is quite simply one of the dumbest anime characters I've seen in a while.
I`m sorry, but I have to say that this reward belongs to Manaka Junpei and no other. At least not for a very long time...
polar720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 07:31   Link #429
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar720
I`m sorry, but I have to say that this reward belongs to Manaka Junpei and no other. At least not for a very long time...

yeah, you gotta hand it to manaka, he had women all over him, but he just wouldn't let his hormone do the talking. the stupid git.....
Old 2006-01-14, 08:36   Link #430
ChickMagnet

Best Moment Of The Show!

Now that it's over, it's high time this started up.

I say the shirt tug scene. That one scene warmed me up to Asahina.
ChickMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 16:34   Link #431
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX
Ya i really think that they blew off the track and field, and skipped right onto the relationship with Suzuka, I was really hoping that he would become the best in japan, but my hopes were crushed, when i found out that he FRICKEN FINISHED LAST PLACE! Well any way i hope they have a season 2!
it would be cool to have another season but i hardly doubt that
khoa1708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 17:52   Link #432
Sweetchinmusic

i still havent seen past episode 18 yet lol, but any news on a second season or anything?
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 18:20   Link #433
♥ Tatsuki-San ♥
Sĭñƒûll¥ §wêë† Åñgël

My favorite character from Suzuka has to be Miki Hashiba. I did like the character Suzuka and the very beginning of the series, but as I watched more of the series, I started to hate her. I just don't like her attitude, and she can be pretty stupid at times. I don't even know why Yamato Akitsuki liked her, that sorta bothered me there. I liked the art style of the manga and anime, but I wasn't really satified with the ending. I think it could be longer, and in all honesty, I was really hoping that Yamato and Suzuka wouldnt end up being together.

I would've liked it if they were just friends, nothing more. After all, Suzuka caused so much trouble for him, she's constantly ignored him, got angry at him for no darn reason, and she said some pretty cruel things to him as well. From the beginning of the series, I was hoping the ending wouldn't be like this, it was a pretty obvious ending and everything.
♥ Tatsuki-San ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 19:10   Link #434
GhostTX
GhostXT

Ya, I kinda do to know... The idea of a second seasomn kinda makes me wonder.. What would it be about? Would it be like anoth long and boring themre like "Boy meets world"? I dont knoe i think there wont be another season...
Old 2006-01-14, 19:57   Link #435
♥ Tatsuki-San ♥
Sĭñƒûll¥ §wêë† Åñgël

I was kinda surprised that Honoka gave up on Akitsuki like that. To me, it really does seem like she deeply loves him, and just leaving the track & field club won't help her forget about him so easily. Honoka cared about Akitsuki more than anyone in the anime realized. She shouldn't have broke up with him, that was her only opportunity that she had to be with him like that, and now that Akitsuki is with Suzuka, she's probably never gonna have that chance again. Honoka was such a good character, I <3 her attitude. It's kinda sad though, because she was planning to confess to Akitsuki that she liked him again, but that's when she realized that he liked Suzaka after all.

I really do hope there will be a second series, I would LOVE that. If there is a second series, I hope that it'd be far better than the first one. The ending of Suzuka revealed that Akitsuki and Suzuka finally got together, and if there was a second series, it'd show any kind of problems they'd experience in their new relationship. Will things really work out the way they both want it to?
♥ Tatsuki-San ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 20:13   Link #436
Epoq
1-Up Mushroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Tatsuki-San ♥
The ending of Suzuka revealed that Akitsuki and Suzuka finally got together, and if there was a second series, it'd show any kind of problems they'd experience in their new relationship. Will things really work out the way they both want it to?
I highly doubt it.

My chips are on Akitsuki doing something utterly stupid that makes Suzuka hate him.
Then it would probably turn into a "I hate him, but I still love him" kind of romance.

*urk*
Epoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 00:11   Link #437
GhostTX
GhostXT

Ya, Im geussing that, there isnt going to be a season two but if there was it may be about that, but who wants another boy meets world lol!
Old 2006-01-15, 00:18   Link #438
AnbuItachi

the shirt tug scene was great but the confession with the bell flower thing is the niceest scene for me.
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 02:24   Link #439
jiashore
suzuka luver *_*

yeah... the shirt tug scene was really good.... i mean comon, how often do you see asahina soften up like that... goddess....

cheers,

jiashore
jiashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 13:09   Link #440
Sweetchinmusic

Spoiler tags people please lol.
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen