Heero Yuy 29 9.60%
Kira Yamato 73 24.17%
Shin Asuka 12 3.97%
Athrun Zala 16 5.30%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-14, 05:38   Link #181
GX9900_NTlv9

Based on experience and skills, Amuro wins this hands down. The closest candidate would be either Char or Usso, I'm quite sure this has been done many times. I'm surprised Kira got 3 votes!

But then again, the topic says best gundam pilot, and he didn't specify best in what, the pilot could be best in character, best in looks, best in piloting skills, or best in flirting, this poll is purely based on opinion.

Last edited by GX9900_NTlv9; 2006-01-14 at 05:55.
Old 2006-01-14, 06:35   Link #182
coba

Well there is also a tedency that Kira is popular in new generation kid compared to Amuro
Old 2006-01-14, 07:09   Link #183
kitezero
Strike Freedom

i knew it was gonna be between Amuro and Kira but i didn't think by that much. i think they are both technically the same except Kira's SEED ability which is like berserker mode that increases his concentration. but wouldn't that be an awesome fight Kira Yamato with Strike Freedom and Amuro Ray with Nu Gundam.
Old 2006-01-14, 07:21   Link #184
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by GX9900_NTlv9
Based on experience and skills, Amuro wins this hands down. The closest candidate would be either Char or Usso, I'm quite sure this has been done many times. I'm surprised Kira got 3 votes!

But then again, the topic says best gundam pilot, and he didn't specify best in what, the pilot could be best in character, best in looks, best in piloting skills, or best in flirting, this poll is purely based on opinion.
Acutally if you read my first post, it states best character in piloting only, "Note this is a poll on their piloting prowless not their popularity with the ladies, their looks, their personalites, how many times they got laid etc." were my exact words. This means the characters piloting ability along with his newtype or coordinator powers etc all added together, who would be superior. I say Amuro, though he is not the strongest newtype (arguably that is), his NT abilites are still considerable. He's skill along with his NT abilites and experience, makes him the best pilot out of all the choices. but thats just my opinon.

PS I must say i expected Kamille to get more then zero votes, he was pretty strong though not as experinced as Char or Amuro.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-01-14, 08:11   Link #185
maohayato
Evil God

domon with godshadow can never be hit, so he wins.
Old 2006-01-14, 09:08   Link #186
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Isn't there already a thread exactly like this on the bottom of the page?
Old 2006-01-14, 09:28   Link #187
polar720

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitezero
i knew it was gonna be between Amuro and Kira but i didn't think by that much. i think they are both technically the same except Kira's SEED ability which is like berserker mode that increases his concentration. but wouldn't that be an awesome fight Kira Yamato with Strike Freedom and Amuro Ray with Nu Gundam.
Amuro would destroy Kira easily. Mechanical funnels =/= mind controlled funnels, much less I doubt Kira could hit him in the first place.
Old 2006-01-14, 09:56   Link #188
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Another one of these threads? Hoo, boy. XP

That said, Amuro would pawn Kira, hands down. No contest. I've already listed and debated my reasonings a gazillion times in other Best pilot rankings/Amuro vs Kira threads. :P
Old 2006-01-14, 10:53   Link #189
GX9900_NTlv9

what's up with the huge number of votes for Kira? Anybody would like to prove it?
Old 2006-01-14, 11:38   Link #190
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar720
Amuro would destroy Kira easily. Mechanical funnels =/= mind controlled funnels, much less I doubt Kira could hit him in the first place.
I agree. But Kira has the gift of plot device, so we can't bet too much on that...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Old 2006-01-14, 12:43   Link #191
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper
I agree. But Kira has the gift of plot device, so we can't bet too much on that...
Im not too sure about this, but I think Heero (or someone else from Wing) has a much better gift of plot device.

He manages to fall down about 10-20 story's height, land on his head, and moments later, walk out of it as it nothing happened.

hence Heero's plot device> Kira plot device.

I might be wrong about who went through that feat though.
Old 2006-01-14, 12:48   Link #192
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Im not too sure about this, but I think Heero (or someone else from Wing) has a much better gift of plot device.

He manages to fall down about 10-20 story's height, land on his head, and moments later, walk out of it as it nothing happened.

Surviving an exploding MS in your face with no scars what so ever > falling down about 10-20 story's height, land on his head, and moments later, walk out of it as it nothing happened.

Anyway at the end this thread will discuss if Amuro is killed by a rock and thus if rock > Amuro.
Old 2006-01-14, 12:58   Link #193
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
Anyway at the end this thread will discuss if Amuro is killed by a rock and thus if rock > Amuro.
Rofl, just get an angsty kid like Shin to suddenly take a knife and stab Amuro off-guard, and it would instantly be Shin>Amuro.
Old 2006-01-14, 13:01   Link #194
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
There is a difference in the plot device I think. Heero's leaves you with the feeling of "huh" or "wtf". You almost can't get upset at it since when situations like his come up it leaves you scratching you head.

Kira's on the other hand just comes off as annoying and plain bad since it's an addition to all the other plot devices in the show he's in, mainly SEED Destiny.
Old 2006-01-14, 13:20   Link #195
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Rofl, just get an angsty kid like Shin to suddenly take a knife and stab Amuro off-guard, and it would instantly be Shin>Amuro.
nonono by some's logic it would be Knife>Amuro...

Plot devices aside theres a huge differance between Kira and Amuro. The reason Amuro is a badass is because of his ability while in Kira's case its his MS that makes him good

Heero also survived his MS blowing up then falling from a great height and managed to walk into the bunker to "shoot" Marimaya(sp?) in endless waltz
Old 2006-01-14, 13:33   Link #196
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Kou Uraki and Ryu Roots. Heck, even Test Pilot McKenzie from 0080 is more personality than Kira.
Old 2006-01-14, 13:40   Link #197
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah...like other's said...there are other mentionable pilots as well....

Shiro Amada
Kou Uraki
Anavel Gato
Yuu Kajima (heck, he fought off the RX-79BD-1 Blue Destiny Unit 1 with a plain old RGM-79 GM)

Shin Matsunaga
Johnny Ridden
etc

But for the one's available, I go with Amuro all the way.
Old 2006-01-14, 13:46   Link #198
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

You forgot Norris, he took on the entire 08th team and made them look like rookies
Old 2006-01-14, 13:49   Link #199
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Ah, yes...how could I forget that awesome guy!!!!?? ><* Not to mention the MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom is one of my top favorite Mobile Suits!!!

I also forgot to mention Ramba Ral, The Black Tri-Stars, Yzak, Dearka, Nicole, etc
Old 2006-01-14, 14:12   Link #200
kitezero
Strike Freedom

Quote:

I might be wrong about who went through that feat though.
there is a difference in story for one thing Heero is an assassin he was assigned missions to kill or destroy OZ facilities and high officials. Kira was just a pilot like Amuro protecting the ship and his friends who were on the ship. in Kira's case his mission were never to sneak into military bases and set up explosives or kill high ranking military officials. all the battles Kira was in was to protect not to destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by polar720
but the mind control funnels must take a great deal of mental concentration besides Kira once fought in a battle without the use of funnels and it was his battle against Providence. Kira also has the New Type ability like Amuro but Kira has a slight advantage but not enough to quarentee a win it his SEED ability that improves his concentration. come to think of it how can you be so sure the funnels are mechanical if they were the funnels would go for a kill not to disarm.
Closed Thread