Kira Yamato 73 24.17%
Shin Asuka 12 3.97%
Athrun Zala 16 5.30%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-14, 15:12   Link #201
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

Considering that there is a big difference in this poll between 'most skilled' and 'favorite' I'm definitely going to have to vote for Amuro. Between the original series, and CCA... he simply proved that he was far more adaptable than either his Rival Char, or any of the other UC pilots that came before and after him.

Kamille and Judau were good and were powerful Newtypes, but they never quite equaled the level of skill and adaptability that Amuro had.

Char was formidable against any other pilot in the UC, but once Amuro started to reach his full capacity, he thrashed all of Char's units like they were an old ragdoll. Char was good, but Amuro far surpassed his skill.

The UC OVA pilots had some fairly good moments, but they never came near the series protagonist levels of skill since they lacked NT abilities.

Seabook was a terribly average pilot with a kick-ass F-91 unit. He's far better in Crossbone Gundam, though.

Usso was resourceful, but waaaayyyy too wreckless... At first, he got the V1 parts trashed in almost every episode (which was actually pretty amusing to watch). By the time V2 came around, he was formidable... but that can also be pinned on the V2 being the most powerful MS in the UC.

Domon Kashu.... eh... no. He was a fighter, not a traditional pilot.

Heero Yuy... No. It was all just point, click, boom.

Garrod... No. He wasn't that great on his own without help from Tiffa or the rest of the Vulture crew.

Loran didn't even know how to use half the Turn-A's abilities til the midway point of the series. He pulled off some clever tatics, though.

Kira was 'extremely' resourceful when he was piloting the Strike, enough to even Rival Amuro for awhile... but most of his abilites became another round of "lock-on, point, click, shoot, boom" when he got the Freedom. Even more-so when Destiny began...

Neither Shinn nor Athrun could surpass Kira at his peak, though. Shinn exploited a blatent weakness, and Athrun resorted to self-destruct moves.
Old 2006-01-14, 15:19   Link #202
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitezero
there is a difference in story for one thing Heero is an assassin he was assigned missions to kill or destroy OZ facilities and high officials. Kira was just a pilot like Amuro protecting the ship and his friends who were on the ship. in Kira's case his mission were never to sneak into military bases and set up explosives or kill high ranking military officials. all the battles Kira was in was to protect not to destroy

but the mind control funnels must take a great deal of mental concentration besides Kira once fought in a battle without the use of funnels and it was his battle against Providence. Kira also has the New Type ability like Amuro but Kira has a slight advantage but not enough to quarentee a win it his SEED ability that improves his concentration. come to think of it how can you be so sure the funnels are mechanical if they were the funnels would go for a kill not to disarm.
Actually the funnels Amuro used in CCA didn't take much out of him, its almost like second nature to him and the others, since his funnels were fighting off one enemy and he fought the other. Amuro also fought against Lalah with his then out dated RX-79-2 and Char at the same time and was doing pretty well, damaged char, killed lalah. and the elmeth used funnels or then bits just like providence, though it seemed to had alot more bits then providence. Lalah was actually a stronger newtype then Amuro or Char ("I can see time itself" anyone?)

And for the last time, its disscussed in depth that Kira is NOT a newtype, he can neither read minds, see the future, mind rape people or predict other pilots movements, seed mode basically heightenes ones senses, it does not make them telepath like newtypes of UC and seed mode is not always limited to kira or coordinators for that matter.

As for the funnels we are sure they are mechanical because the chairman of PLANT said they are os operated what else do you need? OS=operating system meaning computer software. you can program them to attack vital parts of a MS or to shot the arms and legs just as you can program a computer to do certain computations for you.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-01-14, 15:42   Link #203
Liam-don
-insert cool title here-

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf

As for the funnels we are sure they are mechanical because the chairman of PLANT said they are os operated what else do you need? OS=operating system meaning computer software. you can program them to attack vital parts of a MS or to shot the arms and legs just as you can program a computer to do certain computations for you.
That was Legend .We still don't know what's so "super " about Strike Freedom dragoon.maybe they are mind-contolled .That would be awesome ,right ?
Old 2006-01-14, 15:51   Link #204
sanghyun1990
상현

Why is Domon up there he is not a pilot, but Domon would be able to own all of them. Anyway Amuro pilot many differnt kind of ms, he had many battle where his ms was weaker then his oppoent's. Example Rx-78 vs Emmet, Rick Dias vs Pyshco Gundam, Re-Gz vs Sazabi. Other hand Kira fought with superior ms.
Old 2006-01-14, 15:58   Link #205
kitezero
Strike Freedom

Quote:
Actually the funnels Amuro used in CCA didn't take much out of him, its almost like second nature to him and the others, since his funnels were fighting off one enemy and he fought the other. Amuro also fought against Lalah with his then out dated RX-79-2 and Char at the same time and was doing pretty well, damaged char, killed lalah. and the elmeth used funnels or then bits just like providence, though it seemed to had alot more bits then providence. Lalah was actually a stronger newtype then Amuro or Char ("I can see time itself" anyone?)
during that time RX-79-2 was the best thing he could pilot and atleast his energy came from a nuclear reactor Strike Gundam was powered by electricity that frequently had to be recharged. if Kira fought Providence with Strike the same thing would have happened to him that happened to Mwu
Quote:
And for the last time, its disscussed in depth that Kira is NOT a newtype, he can neither read minds, see the future, mind rape people or predict other pilots movements, seed mode basically heightenes ones senses, it does not make them telepath like newtypes of UC and seed mode is not always limited to kira or coordinators for that matter.
my bad about the New-Type thing i never really went in depth in the UC series because they kept on changing the cast and making new series. but if that's not being a telepath or psychic if he can read minds and see the future what do you call it? you better not respond by saying "New Type". but i guess they had to use something to explain Amuro's ability it's not like they could use he was a artificial child.
Quote:
let's see Amuro predict 11 funnels that since it runs on an OS he can't know where they are going to shoot from. but what i don't understand it looks like Kira was concentrating when he use the funnels to disable the ship by saying "Strike them".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam-don
that was Legend .We still don't know what's so "super " about Strike Freedom dragoon.maybe they are mind-contolled .That would be awesome ,right ?
yeah that true "Strike Freedom" was made some where else but someone is going to argue that they could have got it from ZAFT since they had Gaia
Old 2006-01-14, 16:00   Link #206
idofgrahf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam-don
That was Legend .We still don't know what's so "super " about Strike Freedom dragoon.maybe they are mind-contolled .That would be awesome ,right ?
They never establish that, funnels and bits are mind contorlled thats and established fact in UC. Whats super about strike freedom? Well actually nothing really, its around the same specs as infinte justice, destiny and legend, Kira despite his faults was still a better pilot then the likes of Shinn thats why he won.

As for the pervious statment about seed mode being an advantage for Kira, you do know that Seed is something you go into and not something like NT abilites that you have on all the time right? Amuro can no more stop being an Newtype then he can stop hating char and vice versa, Seed mode however is only in the heat of battle and turns off afterwards (assuming it turned on to beging with).

Kitezero i don't really get what you are trying to say about the newtype thing. Amuro is not the only newtype, there are alot of them around, he is just the most well known, he probably isn't even the strongest, and he could not read peoples minds, mind rape people, frie peoples brain etc. he can however see bits of the future like during the battle with the 9 rickdoms, he shot all of them down, piloted by veteran zeon pilots and with the specs equall then his gundam in less then three minutes because he could see about half second into the future, same thing with Lalah's bits, he could not read her mind, she was a stronger newtype then he is, he was able to see where the bits were going to be, again by about a fraction of a second, so based on that, shooting down 11 OS funnel should be no problem considering that computers are more perdictable then humans and lalah launched alot more bits then just 11.

As for Kira and strike, agian I'm abit confused, Amuro won the battle against Elmeth and Char with the RX-78-2 and later on won against Zong with the same suite. Based on that, Kira should be able to win against the providence with just strike. Amuro never changed MS during MSG. Kira's freedom was nuclear powered and he only fought one opponent, the provedence, not against two, one very powerful newtype and the other the best of zeon's pilots char also a comptent newtype. The freedom was trashed by fighting just Provdence while the RX-78 came out of that fight victorious and with only scratched paint job and of course sealing the eternal hatred between Amuro and Char.

Lacan/Grahf

Last edited by idofgrahf; 2006-01-14 at 16:18.
Old 2006-01-14, 16:15   Link #207
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
You people fail to realize that all these characters has something even more powerful than their super gundams

Plotshields.

So none of them are better, nor would any of them beat the others. Because in the end, thanks to plotshields, it would end up as a perfect draw.

GO GO GADGET PLOTSHIELD!
Old 2006-01-14, 22:21   Link #208
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Im not too sure about this, but I think Heero (or someone else from Wing) has a much better gift of plot device.

He manages to fall down about 10-20 story's height, land on his head, and moments later, walk out of it as it nothing happened.

hence Heero's plot device> Kira plot device.

I might be wrong about who went through that feat though.
Oops I completely forgot all about that...

I think he fell from a 60 storey building and he landed on jagged rocks, though. >.< Of course, it's been ages since I last saw Wing, so I could be wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitezero
let's see Amuro predict 11 funnels that since it runs on an OS he can't know where they are going to shoot from. but what i don't understand it looks like Kira was concentrating when he use the funnels to disable the ship by saying "Strike them".
OS controlled DRAGOONs are not mind controlled Funnels. If ever, Fukuda made another evil contradiction, that is, if those Super DRAGOONs were based on the previous DRAGOON system of the Providence and so like Legend's, they are OS controlled, so therefore shouldn't be allowed to spam across the entire universe after Kira's "Newtype" flash. I mean, what's the purpose of creating an OS for that system when you could actually mind control it, right?

@ sanghyun

Domon >>>>>>>> any other pilot on the list because of his super super robot abilities, LOL I haven't thought about that.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Old 2006-01-14, 22:26   Link #209
idofgrahf

I guess it was a bad idea to put Domon on there, but at least he isn't winning. But really he was more of a DBZ character then a gundam pilot. With out his gundam he isn't that special.

As for the dragoons, they are still os, they simply can be voice controlled, target an enemy and say strike them does not mean Kira is an NT, it simply mean that the strike freedom has voice recognition built in.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-01-14, 22:37   Link #210
sanghyun1990
상현

Quote:
I guess it was a bad idea to put Domon on there, but at least he isn't winning. But really he was more of a DBZ character then a gundam pilot. With out his gundam he isn't that special.
How is Domon not special, he beat a ms with his bare hand.
example
Old 2006-01-14, 22:43   Link #211
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
He's not special because he isn't an actual "pilot". He has the mobile trace system(Or whatever it's called) whereas everyone else is stuck with a pair of sticks, pedals, and countless flashing buttons. To compare him with the others is kind of cheating.
Old 2006-01-14, 22:50   Link #212
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I think his lycra bodysuit has something to do with it, too.

@ idofgrahf

That could be another explanation why Kira had them spam the entire universe. But still, it doesn't quite fit in with the "Newtype" flash thing...@.@;;

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Old 2006-01-14, 22:53   Link #213
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander 598
He's not special because he isn't an actual "pilot". He has the mobile trace system(Or whatever it's called) whereas everyone else is stuck with a pair of sticks, pedals, and countless flashing buttons. To compare him with the others is kind of cheating.
And comparing Kira to Amuro is not? Comparing Char to Zechs is not? Loran to Athrun is not?

Essentially, it's cheating when Domon isn't allowed to perform at his best with his Mobile Trace System, but the others are okay with their brain-spazzing Newtype powers.
Old 2006-01-14, 22:58   Link #214
idofgrahf

it has to be fair so if domon is using the trace and God gundam, Kira or who ever is vs him has to use the same god gundam with the trace system so what boils down to will be their personal skill and not their MS performance.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-01-14, 23:37   Link #215
kitezero
Strike Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper
OS controlled DRAGOONs are not mind controlled Funnels. If ever, Fukuda made another evil contradiction, that is, if those Super DRAGOONs were based on the previous DRAGOON system of the Providence and so like Legend's, they are OS controlled, so therefore shouldn't be allowed to spam across the entire universe after Kira's "Newtype" flash. I mean, what's the purpose of creating an OS for that system when you could actually mind control it, right?...
i wish they went into detail with Strike Freedoms system but unfortunately they didn't. but who ever did the DRAGOON's OS must have did a remarkable job like how you put "Providence" as an example how when it was fighting Freedom with part of the METEOR unit when it shot missles it used the beams to create a shield to block multiple missles and create a web to stop the mobile suits movements.
Old 2006-01-15, 00:09   Link #216
idofgrahf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanghyun1990
How is Domon not special, he beat a ms with his bare hand.
example
Thats why I said he was more like a DBZ character. You can call Newtypes or coordinators what ever you want but they are not super human, Newtypes aren't even stronger then an average person. Domon looked more like superman then a pilot in that picture.

As for the dragoon os, thats why coordinators are better then naturals, its most likely programed be an coordinator and takes another like kira to use it since you have to fight and input os comands at the same time, its easy for him to do that since he is gentically enhanced after all.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-01-15, 02:57   Link #217
polar720

If I recall correctly they are called Super-dragoons cause they work in the atmosphere....
Old 2006-01-15, 03:24   Link #218
kitezero
Strike Freedom

but i don't recall that either Legend or Strike Freedom funnels actually leaving the body, i thought the reason they couldn't use the funnels because there was nothing that could keep them in the air while in the atmosphere
Old 2006-01-15, 03:45   Link #219
RX-93 HI-NU
Awesome

Amuro Rey because...hes the man. He doesn't toy with his enemies, he kills them swiftly and efficiently. He doesn't care what he pilots, he uses what he gets and he uses them to the fullest.
Old 2006-01-15, 04:16   Link #220
thedonkiluminati

I'll say char, the original blonde masked man