AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-22, 13:21   Link #61
e2-
Genius!

If any one undrerstad finnish read this site http://www.dvdplaza.fi/reviews/nayta.php?sid=482
Old 2004-03-23, 09:21   Link #62
e2-
Genius!

AAAH I just bought vol6 !!! I just love this manga I want more and more
Old 2004-04-12, 01:11   Link #63
FBZ

Send a message via ICQ to FBZ Send a message via AIM to FBZ
I have the novel and I'm only around page 100. I have the manga from volume 1-4. I won't get to buy 5 and 6 until a week from friday... (payday). Argh!

I also need to watch the movies. Battle Royale I & II.
Old 2004-04-13, 16:48   Link #64
e2-
Genius!

battle royale 2 the movie suxor !
Old 2004-05-03, 21:42   Link #65
rock_lee16

battle royale

i just purchased the first volume of battle royale, and omg, was i completely blown away! this was the most intense, twisted, and unique manga i have ever read. i was just wondering if anyone else had read any of this manga, and had any opinions on it. really, i just want to know if it is worth buying the next five volumes as well. any info would be appreciated!
Old 2004-05-03, 22:36   Link #66
DryMaltExtract
Huge Member

If it follows the book or movie then yes. Too bad Battle Royale 2 was just a stupid anti-US movie with the Battle Royale name slapped on it.....what a crock of sh!t. So yeah, my post wasn't useful to you at all, sorry.
Old 2004-05-03, 22:47   Link #67
Budweineken
Crap

sorry to ask this here... but for the battle royal ova... do i need to have read the manga... and also how much of the manga does it cover if any?
Old 2004-05-04, 00:02   Link #68
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_lee16
i just purchased the first volume of battle royale, and omg, was i completely blown away! this was the most intense, twisted, and unique manga i have ever read. i was just wondering if anyone else had read any of this manga, and had any opinions on it. really, i just want to know if it is worth buying the next five volumes as well. any info would be appreciated!
Definitely it just gets more twisted. Im on volume 12 (japanese version) and needless to say, this series is hot. The way its going, it will probably be about 15 volumes.
Old 2004-05-04, 00:04   Link #69
rock_lee16

alright, well thnx for the info. that's good to know! and at least i know that if i watch the ova i shouldn't be disappointed either!
Old 2004-05-04, 00:10   Link #70
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_lee16
alright, well thnx for the info. that's good to know! and at least i know that if i watch the ova i shouldn't be disappointed either!
You mean the live action movie? If you started with the manga, you'll be disapointed in the movie. I saw the movie first and was intrigued by the idea but it lacked creating any emotional attachment to the charaters. They had no stories.

The manga gives them depth. It makes it much more impactful than the movie.

If you search the forum, there are a couple threads about the manga already. People have said the novel is even better than the manga.
Old 2004-05-04, 00:13   Link #71
Budweineken
Crap

One question... i'm probably confused... this is not the same as Battle Royal High School is it?
Old 2004-05-04, 02:18   Link #72
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken
One question... i'm probably confused... this is not the same as Battle Royal High School is it?
Nooooo. Battle Royal High School is apparently some terrible anime. Battle Royale is a movie/book/manga about a world where high school kids are forced into a gladiator style fight to the death. It's quite a ride into the adolescent mind.

There is no animated Battle Royale.
Old 2004-05-05, 01:01   Link #73
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Isnt there a second book coming out from the same author as the first? I love the series with the exception of the second movie, going to get me some more of the manga soon

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Old 2004-05-05, 15:37   Link #74
e2-
Genius!

OOH another br fan i am not the only one wicked. i hope ill get the vol7 soon i am so exited BT for evaa !
Old 2004-05-05, 15:49   Link #75
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

This is probably my favorite manga right now. They set up the deaths of each kid with a little back story first so it actually hurts when some of those kids go. Even the bad ones. Some of the kills are just brutal, not so much for the violence and gore (and boy is the violence and gore there) but for the situation they happen in. This manga hits hard. There is even a hentai volume as a bit of fanservice. Well, not the whole volume but a lot of it and a bonus sidestory.
The movie is good way to kill a few brain cells. I suggest watching it with friends so you all can laugh together.
Old 2006-01-19, 22:05   Link #76
Gray
imma make u want me...=)

Send a message via MSN to Gray
Battle Royale?

battle royale is a good manga, just got it the first one i mean, very good art work too!
Old 2006-01-19, 22:14   Link #77
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Care to post a scan ? I have seen it at Barnes And Nobel but I have seen the Live Action movie of the same name while it was wonderfully gorey but the story was not very good, is the manga the same way ? If you can give a nice explination of what you have read so far I maybe convinced to buy this becuase I think it is up to Vol 5 now in english.

And could the artwork stand up to this ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...26p206copy.jpg

If it can beat that then it will be an immedate buy for me.

Last edited by xris; 2006-01-20 at 05:49.
Old 2006-01-19, 23:08   Link #78
polar720

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg
Care to post a scan ? I have seen it at Barnes And Nobel but I have seen the Live Action movie of the same name while it was wonderfully gorey but the story was not very good, is the manga the same way ? If you can give a nice explination of what you have read so far I maybe convinced to buy this becuase I think it is up to Vol 5 now in english.

And could the artwork stand up to this ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...26p206copy.jpg

If it can beat that then it will be an immedate buy for me.
No it`s no where near the level of Berserk.

Last edited by xris; 2006-01-20 at 05:50.
Old 2006-01-19, 23:08   Link #79
dfens

Battle Royale is one of the best manga's out there. The movie is like all live action movies crap. You can't condense 15 volumes in a short movie.

The english adaption is up to volume 14. I have all them though the story is really good so is the art and more importantly it ends with out dragging it out to the point of selling out.

Here is a sample page, do a search you'll find some better scans.

http://www.battleroyalefilm.net/merc...bookmanga.html

I liked it more than the Berserk manga where the creator keeps dragging it on and on he'll never finish it the money whore it's like the Inuyasha manga. What is it up to now like 30 plus volumes of Gutts killing weak ass monsters in hordes. God get on with it fight Griffith and wrap the dam thing up.
Old 2006-01-21, 08:41   Link #80
DjShine

Send a message via MSN to DjShine
Battle Royale's great, tho the series of the manga kinda drags on a bit, neverthe less i thought it was excellent. The movie was great too but the 2nd movie wasnt as good.
Closed Thread