AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-05-18, 08:30   Link #21
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
Sprint ruined line of sights, made strategic map point/choke points useless because you had a "get away safe card" through sprint. Movement speed increased to 120% would be just fine, imho. Sprint is something that doesn't allow people to punish that poor positioning. I also 100% agree with the whole map control and how taking off power ups/power weapons off the map for ordinance drop ruined one of the key aspects of the game.

They did try to fix that and put items on the map and stuff, but it was never the same. No one wanted to work for the sniper or rockets anymore. Also the whole random part was terrible. Like having someone get a needler at the end of game, with the other person getting a rocket launcher? Like cmon now. If the game was 49-49, who do you think would win rockets or needler? It's just so much dumb shit went into it.

However, 343 have hired a lot of people since Halo 4. A lot of the reason they got away with Halo 4 is due to the sales and awards, but I think Halo 4 sales while good were not as well as the previous Halo titles. I'm sure a lot of people will ignore the criticism of Halo 4, but most of people who do don't even play it anymore, as shown by that chart lol
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 09:07   Link #22
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

If this is legit, would you get it?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 09:37   Link #23
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post

looks awesome could do with out halo 4 thu
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 10:19   Link #24
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
Remastered Halo 2 multiplayer experience, yet they only put Reach maps in Halo 2? What? Swap between old and new graphics upgrades? Sounds weird.
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 10:23   Link #25
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
When is the release date? Maybe I will buy an Xbox 1 on the exact day of the release.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 10:28   Link #26
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by xl_Legit_lx View Post
Remastered Halo 2 multiplayer experience, yet they only put Reach maps in Halo 2? What? Swap between old and new graphics upgrades? Sounds weird.
You could swap graphics with Halo Anniversary, right?

@Reaper: 2014. :P
Old 2014-05-18, 15:28   Link #27
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Sprint ruined line of sights, made strategic map point/choke points useless because you had a "get away safe card" through sprint. Movement speed increased to 120% would be just fine, imho. Sprint is something that doesn't allow people to punish that poor positioning. I also 100% agree with the whole map control and how taking off power ups/power weapons off the map for ordinance drop ruined one of the key aspects of the game.
Dunno. I never had that much difficulty punishing people who exposed themselves badly even when they did have sprint. I guess it's a slight modifier in terms of evasion, but you pretty much already have to be planning to get into cover before the enemy opens up on you if he really has you dead to rights. Evasion/Jetboost/Armor lock I think were more of a problem in regards to this kind of thing. Sprint by itself I think was fine.

Map control was still pretty important in Reach due to things like weapon spawning. It only really got taken out back when people could get power weapons regardless of where on the map they were, which meant at any time any player could suddenly have a rocket or a SAW.
Quote:
They did try to fix that and put items on the map and stuff, but it was never the same. No one wanted to work for the sniper or rockets anymore. Also the whole random part was terrible. Like having someone get a needler at the end of game, with the other person getting a rocket launcher? Like cmon now. If the game was 49-49, who do you think would win rockets or needler? It's just so much dumb shit went into it.
Yeah. You can't really change that sort of thing that long into release. Not when you still have the killstreak spawns, and tons of people had already gone back to previous Halo games (fun fact. Halo reach has a larger online population as of right now).

Quote:
However, 343 have hired a lot of people since Halo 4. A lot of the reason they got away with Halo 4 is due to the sales and awards, but I think Halo 4 sales while good were not as well as the previous Halo titles. I'm sure a lot of people will ignore the criticism of Halo 4, but most of people who do don't even play it anymore, as shown by that chart lol
Halo 4 sales were fine generally speaking.

Halo 4 first 10 weeks
Halo Reach first 10 weeks
Halo 3 first 10 weeks

Total sales figures for it are lower because it hasn't been out as long as those other titles, and since it's at the tail end of the 360's life cycle it's not getting quite as much long term purchases, especially with the Xboxone not being backwards compatible. But its sales figures are well in line with previous 360 halo titles.

And "most people" can just ignore the online multiplayer population, companies can't. Especially companies that make a bunch of money off DLC. If population drop resulted in not as many DLC sales for Halo 4, that's something Microsoft can't ignore. I know that I dropped out of the Halo 4 MP scene and didn't pay a dime for DLC, when I'd purchased the majority of what was available for purchase since all the way back from Halo 2.

Quote:

I'd have to wait and see just how it got remastered. I already own these games (well, minus Anniversary) and haven't yet gotten and xbox 1, so I definitely want to wait and see. Especially since nothing has been formally announced yet.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 18:44   Link #28
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Halo V multiplayer beta will be packaged with the Master Chief HD collection.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
YouTube

A pretty good article by IGN giving the lowdown on the new collection coming out. To TLDR

-Fully updated Halo 2 anniversary. New graphics/models, with the ability to switch to the original Halo 2 graphics. INCLUDES ONLINE MULTIPLAYER, all maps. New fully rendered cinematics.
-Halo CE Anniversary, NOW WITH ONLINE MULTIPLAYER, all maps.
-Halo 3/4 with higher resolution/FPS.
-Access to that Ridley scott directed Halo thingy, starring that new guy from Guardians
-IGN claiming Forge/Saved films for Halo 2/3/4.
-Priced at 60 USD.

Moar details on Halo Waypoint.

EDIT: Cairo station SP gameplay and the developers just confirmed FORGE is in for Halo 2.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2014-06-09 at 18:58.
Old 2014-06-09, 19:17   Link #29
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Lookin FANTASTIC.
Old 2014-06-10, 07:28   Link #30
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Some higher quality SP videos.
YouTube
YouTube
Old 2015-06-16, 18:11   Link #31
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Lol, Conan a sore loser.

YouTube
Old 2015-08-31, 21:20   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Halo 5 Opening Cinematic:

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 15:26   Link #33
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Looks fantastic. Still disappointed in no split-screen, though.
Old 2015-09-02, 07:14   Link #34
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Two female spartans, a black spartan and one white guy. Yep this is team Pander compared to Noble Team. Just hope they aren't annoying... which I get the feeling the female characters are going to be more manly then the men. for what ever reason. @_@ lol

Does anyone care about these spartans yet? I really hope 343 tries to, because it's going to hurt the game's reviews if none of them are likeable and we don't play enough Chief.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2015-09-02 at 07:28.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 09:15   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I kinda stopped following the Halo story midway through 4.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 11:59   Link #36
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Two female spartans, a black spartan and one white guy. Yep this is team Pander compared to Noble Team. Just hope they aren't annoying... which I get the feeling the female characters are going to be more manly then the men. for what ever reason. @_@ lol

Does anyone care about these spartans yet? I really hope 343 tries to, because it's going to hurt the game's reviews if none of them are likeable and we don't play enough Chief.
It's not like the entire squad of fireteam Osiris are stranger's, I mean the only person we would know know would be Buck from Halo 3 ODST. Well granted Buck when through a lot of things before and after becoming a Spartan 4.

With the Rookie being held hostage and executed by and an inserectionist, Ducth retiring from military service to be with his wife. Buck, Romeo, and Mickey being Spartans, and Mickey betraing the unsc an become and an inserectionist. This is from Halo New Blood, I just watch the YouTube videoos explaining the added halo lore to make it easier for me.

I forgotten to mention that I'm glad that Kazuma Jinnouchi is going to fully compose at least almost all of the Halo 5 music, 117 and arrival were the only two track he did for Halo 4 I believe while the rest were by Neil. Don't get me wrong Neil's music was great in Halo 4 but it felt like he was experimenting with the music.

Last edited by ScorchingFlames; 2015-09-02 at 12:12.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 07:17   Link #37
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post

One of them is Nathan Fillion. So yes, people do care.
Old 2015-09-03, 08:42   Link #38
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
One of them is Nathan Fillion. So yes, people do care.
Absolutely.

At first I thought Fillion was reprising his role from Halo ODST when I saw his character and heard his voice in that OP movie, but then the lady ID-ed them all as Spartans. It was hard to tell he was a totally new character since his ODST character's appearance was based on his real life appearance as well.

Between ODST, H5, and his role in Destiny which will be expanded in the Taken King expansion, Bungie really does love Firefly/Serenity and Fillion.
Old 2015-09-04, 05:27   Link #39
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Absolutely.

At first I thought Fillion was reprising his role from Halo ODST when I saw his character and heard his voice in that OP movie, but then the lady ID-ed them all as Spartans. It was hard to tell he was a totally new character since his ODST character's appearance was based on his real life appearance as well.

Between ODST, H5, and his role in Destiny which will be expanded in the Taken King expansion, Bungie really does love Firefly/Serenity and Fillion.
Fillion IS reprising his role as Buck, except now he is not an ODST anymore but a Spartan.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 08:25   Link #40
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Fillion IS reprising his role as Buck, except now he is not an ODST anymore but a Spartan.
Wait, so normal humans can become Spartans? My understanding from the Halo animated shorts was that Spartans were genetically enhanced clones.