AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2023-12-23, 12:17   Link #4541
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Even so you won't see her often on toys catalogue due to different target demography; this also represented by Majade's Driver being P-Bandai out of gate instead of usual DX Driver despite secondary Rider status. So toys catalogue will keep going with Gotchard and Valvarad duo to promote toys.
I feel like that's just how things are working now. Only the MC gets a mass market release. That's what happened with Revice and Geats, yeah? So this would just be par for the course.

Though if Spanner's driver is mass market too (hard to say atm, but looks like it might be the case?) then that really makes on wonder wtf they're doing.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-23, 18:36   Link #4542
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Secondary Riders base items are usually not P-Bandai.

In Revice, Live's Two-Side Driver is not P-Bandai while Demon's Driver is.
In Geats, P-Bandai started with Vision Driver and Jyamato buckle. It only by final power up it went as you said. Bujin Tycoon (and Xplosion Rage Buffa) are P-Bandai.

Majade being P-Bandai from start is unique, understandable being first female secondary Rider.

My guess is Toei asked more significant female Rider for Gotchard then Hasegawa solution is doing it like Drive.
IIRC Riku Sanjo once mentioned that Go and Chaser are duo with Banno as their main antagonist instead of Heart like Shinnosuke. If so then we may see Spanner got his own antagonist, branching from Houtarou & Rinne antagonist.
Old 2023-12-25, 09:24   Link #4543
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for Gotchard 16:

So the story about sealing dark lord could be a human transmutation experiment rather than truly summoning otherworldly creature...
Old 2023-12-25, 19:25   Link #4544
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm glad I didn't end up dropping Gotchard. It's getting really good.

Spoiler for 16:
Old 2023-12-25, 22:36   Link #4545
justavisitor

So they make it the movie a must watch.

Spoiler for and..:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-25, 23:38   Link #4546
Frontier

Spoiler:
Old 2023-12-27, 01:46   Link #4547
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Spoiler:
Both MC are loyal to their best friends and inspired by their father, but important part of their past might be a lie.
White secondaries are originally cheerful, currently troubled by their fathers that became crime suspect.
Purple tertiaries are cool guy who seems capable to do anything, somehow involved on Driver development.
Both gimmick are sentient, they can help others when needed albeit restricted.

Old 2023-12-27, 11:00   Link #4548
Frontier

Quote:
Both MC are loyal to their best friends and inspired by their father, but important part of their past might be a lie.
White secondaries are originally cheerful, currently troubled by their fathers that became crime suspect.
Purple tertiaries are cool guy who seems capable to do anything, somehow involved on Driver development.
Both gimmick are sentient, they can help others when needed albeit restricted.

And the antagonist group is a trio. It all fits .
Old 2024-01-07, 08:03   Link #4549
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The new OP is full of spoilers

Spoiler for Gotchard 17:
Old 2024-01-08, 22:55   Link #4550
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

The development really remind me of Nexus.

We started with "F*ck law of secrecy, people deserve to know truth even if its painful!"
Now "Sorry bro, the boss finally come out from his hiding, you're out of league and strong will can only get you this far."
At least, unlike Himeya and Ren, Houtarou got Rinne and Spanner to assist him as stake continue to rise with Geryon and higher-tier Chemies involvement.

Daybreak Gotchard is interesting.
All the clue pointed to Future Houtarou (right place, right time; 100 of 101 Chemies; also OP shown him as one of transformation line)
However the way he refers Rinne seems indicated he come from AU after several failures, thus he wanted Houtarou get power up ASAP to avoid such future.

I'd say the organization is closer to there's plenty of interest inside it rather than outright evil.

From the 'seal the dark lord' myth and Geryon debut, we got hint the community pursue peak human transmutation.
Licht only wanted to collect X-Level Chemy, his assistant is part of Geryon cult that seek extensive usage of forbidden element (space and time), Kyouka seems good considering her student just want to save more people as alchemist. Looks like the community have several heads with each of their own ideals regarding how to achieve peak transmutation.
Old 2024-01-09, 15:29   Link #4551
GDB

Quote:
However the way he refers Rinne seems indicated he come from AU after several failures, thus he wanted Houtarou get power up ASAP to avoid such future.
What do you mean? He started calling her the same way Hotarou calls her (just "Kudoh"), and realized that'd be weird for a supposed stranger and used her full name. Same way he addresses Ichinose Hotarou, except with a pause because he started calling her by instinct instead of the way he should in this situation.
Old 2024-01-09, 22:31   Link #4552
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
What do you mean? He started calling her the same way Hotarou calls her (just "Kudoh"), and realized that'd be weird for a supposed stranger and used her full name. Same way he addresses Ichinose Hotarou, except with a pause because he started calling her by instinct instead of the way he should in this situation.
What's wrong with said assumption? 15+ episodes, Houtarou tend to be direct even to people he just met.
If his future self gave thought about 'gotta sounds like a stranger' as you said then wouldn't it normal to think either Daybreak is not Houtarou (unlikely since OP gave it away) or he is but for some reason he wanted to avoid people, likely because of what happened on his timeline. After all, he said great conflict will happen in future resulted on Houtarou losing faith.

Not to mention fact that space and time manipulation is one of forbidden element in alchemy. Licht assistant's hand burnt and cracked just by using small portal to steal Chemy; Daybreak probably suffer great loss in his timeline to the point he doesn't mind burning his life for "Houtarou". 100 of 101 Chemies status of him could be implication he failed the race against Geryon and it cost him dearly.
Old 2024-01-10, 04:13   Link #4553
GDB

I have no idea what you're talking about. All I'm saying is him pretending to be a stranger doesn't imply he's from some AU where he failed. It's just him trying to hide his identity. You're extrapolating waaaaaaaaay too much from that interaction.
Old 2024-01-10, 07:27   Link #4554
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about. All I'm saying is him pretending to be a stranger doesn't imply he's from some AU where he failed. It's just him trying to hide his identity. You're extrapolating waaaaaaaaay too much from that interaction.
I'm with you here. He instinctively called Rinne "Kudoh" and then corrected himself thinking it might give his identity away. There's nothing more to it.
Old 2024-01-10, 10:55   Link #4555
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
I'm just guessing his identity based on his act of fixing his choice of words and information we got so far and its too far of a guess?

As I said, for me, as far I saw Houtarou, if he's Daybreak I see no need for him to fix himself unless keeping his identity secret matters for him.
He probably wanted to avoid people ask what happen in future to him; likely a loss happened considering time manipulation should be forbidden as said before Dread debut.

If it ignores information given so far, too far indeed; AFAIK Daybreak identity and reason behind his action is still free to speculate.
It even possible that he might be not Houtarou. Some audience guessed he might be Spanner with updated Driver from Kyouka because of his attitude including that pause, under assumption his character arc not going well in his timeline due to no Daybreak. If my guess alone is 'too far' then what about that kind of speculation?

Its not like the writer forbid audience to make speculation about Daybreak who and why.
Old 2024-01-10, 16:03   Link #4556
justavisitor

Since they pretty much spoil everything in the new op, can I ask did the movie give us any reason why rinne still hasn't transformed in tv yet?

If she already has the ability to henshin, she could really lend a hand right now, instead of standing and doing nothing in the last two episodes
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 22:02   Link #4557
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Since they pretty much spoil everything in the new op, can I ask did the movie give us any reason why rinne still hasn't transformed in tv yet?

If she already has the ability to henshin, she could really lend a hand right now, instead of standing and doing nothing in the last two episodes
She said her mana drained in Episode 17.

Spoiler for Episode 18:
Old 2024-01-15, 18:10   Link #4558
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I kinda thought Daybreak came from a future closer than that, but five years, huh? Too bad we'll likely never learn more about that timeline. Considering everything he had gone through, he didn't seem particularly jaded. Just full of regrets.

Geryon can manipulate the memories of even the most experienced Alchemists and was the one who turned the whole community on Rinne's dad, guess that's how he got to Minato.
Old 2024-01-15, 18:22   Link #4559
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think showing Rinne transform in the OP was a mistake. Takes the hype right out of it.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-15, 19:12   Link #4560
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I think showing Rinne transform in the OP was a mistake. Takes the hype right out of it.
Depends on how it's done. But yes, hiding the fact she was going to become a Rider until the last minute would have been better. I guess people who went to watch the movie got the best experience, but we don't have that luxury.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu