AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2024-01-22, 07:57   Link #4581
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rinne's transformation was handled well. They explained how she got her belt and that she found herself unable to transform after the movie. It didn't come out of nowhere.

Her fighting style as Majade is pretty cool, she uses her legs more compared to Gotchard. She seems decently strong, I guess a bit stronger than Super Gotchard but weaker than Fire.

Rinne has grown on me. She's no longer a stick in the mud and she's a lot more cheerful.
Old 2024-01-22, 08:57   Link #4582
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Long texts about how Climax and Liner Form done well because it appear in series first instead of movie and fit narrative ...

Rocket Form came out of nowhere is totally fine because it happened by end of series.
Ignoring lack of explanation about who is Nadeshiko and how could a Form Switch outside Kengo's blueprint exist.

Falchion and Emotional Dragon Saber came out of nowhere.
A new, criminal Rider who somehow knew Touma and a new form, with no build up in midst of Master Logos arc nonetheless.
This new form without any explanation managed to bypass Mumeiken Kyoumu's void element while Elemental Dragon can't. No complaint.

Majade made her debut in movie first. Consider it a terrible decision done by Toei despite:
- This is not the first time secondary appear in movie first, there's Mach helping Belt-san in Drive x Gaim movie prior to his debut in Drive;
- Rinne can be seen doing transformation in OP since second arc begin, also unknown white Rider alongside Gotchard and Valvarad;
- Kyouka and Spanner playing chess while lampshaded how, why and who will be upcoming Riders on protagonist side;
- Majade reintroduced in series yesterday.

All I can get from you breaking down my post is: "If I care enough about it then its fine, if not then bad" also lack of explanation for new form and new Riders are fine as long it happened on last leg of series.

I would point out that I dropped Saber in disgust after the episode with the annoying ninja guy, so I cannot talk about Saber. For all I know it's the worst example of series-movie interactions.

I still don't know who Majade is.

And I guess thanks for reducing all the care and nuance I put into the post as "If I care it's fine and if not then bad", thank you so much for engaging with me seriously. Nice to know I completely wasted my time typing all of that out.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-22, 18:03   Link #4583
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Rinne's transformation was handled well. They explained how she got her belt and that she found herself unable to transform after the movie. It didn't come out of nowhere.
How'd she get the belt? It looked like it just kind of... appeared when she resolved herself.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-22, 19:06   Link #4584
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
How'd she get the belt? It looked like it just kind of... appeared when she resolved herself.
From her ring, which is why Minato was after it. We were shown a flashback where her dad modified it, I'm assuming that particular interaction happened in the movie since she isn't supposed to have seen him since her childhood.
Old 2024-01-22, 19:23   Link #4585
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Not as bad as Zi-O. Not good either. Way too much context is missing. Someone who doesn't watch commercials wouldn't even be aware that a movie even exists.
Old 2024-01-22, 20:09   Link #4586
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Not as bad as Zi-O. Not good either. Way too much context is missing. Someone who doesn't watch commercials wouldn't even be aware that a movie even exists.
FWIW, they usually put movie footage into the opening for episodes that were broadcasted on TV whenever an upcoming movie is to be released to advertise them to TV audiences.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-22, 22:37   Link #4587
justavisitor

Quote:
From her ring, which is why Minato was after it. We were shown a flashback where her dad modified it, I'm assuming that particular interaction happened in the movie since she isn't supposed to have seen him since her childhood.
Minato is after everyone's ring so he may not care how special Rinne's ring is.

And yeah, her dad def gave it to her in the movie, but didn't know if they explain why she can't transform again until now (she did say the mana was low a couple episodes ago, but it's more like she lacks the resolve in the latest episode)

Well it's not ideal that we have to know the content of the movie in order to understand what's going on. They could make the movie a what if scenario like faiz, but those what if gets boring fast and canon elites won't bother watching them, so I guess this is a small pain we have to endure.

I remember a couple years ago when belt san from drive all of a sudden was hinted he may be the bad guy...then nothing happened because it was resolved in the movie. That was worse

Well, I still don't what happens to that wizard looking creature (purple, appear before the movie, and appear again when he was summoned by rinne's dad)...it's not ideal, but not too bother about it.
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-23, 04:55   Link #4588
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
FWIW, they usually put movie footage into the opening for episodes that were broadcasted on TV whenever an upcoming movie is to be released to advertise them to TV audiences.
Once again, it could be worse. But it's still not good screenwriting. It's so easy to fix too, which is the infuriating part.
Old 2024-01-23, 04:59   Link #4589
kiak666

Quote:
Once again, it could be worse. But it's still not good screenwriting. It's so easy to fix too, which is the infuriating part.
Never said I agree with how they handled such stuff, but it is what it is...
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-23, 10:08   Link #4590
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Minato is targeting everyone rings to spare them from the true order, kill them in sight;

At least, Kyouka lampshaded it when she playing chess against Spanner.

She said no way Fuga haven't contact his daughter; Rinne should already got something.

It weirdly placed on first watch, but on second watch it pretty much hint of how Rinne obtain her Rider status since Spanner decided they're talking about upgrade, which for him is equal to Rider status, and Rinne shouldn't be part of the talk. This episode, with Kyouka weird statement, hinted Rinne met Fuga in movie and learned she got Majade on her ring.

Not to mention she followed it with meta commentary about how Houtarou is leading the series theme so to obtain Rider status Spanner can't have same characterization as Houtarou.
Quote:
But it's still not good screenwriting. It's so easy to fix too, which is the infuriating part.
Already happened several times, example:

Girori used Vision Driver to perform world reset in Revice x Geats movie.
When it got proper acknowledgement in series after hinted to be what convinced Beroba to aim for Vision Driver?
On Sueru debut; easy to fix it by having Beroba watched footage of movie, but yeah, let's wait for the big boss that will took 4 months since movie release.

At least people aware its a movie tie-in.

Rabbit Dragon used to defeat Evolt is reproduction of Cross Build with leftover strength of Sento and Banjo lore-wise, it even teased in trailer; not even a single movie footage or explanation about Vernage running out of energy because she create it in movie.

Old 2024-01-23, 17:01   Link #4591
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Never said I agree with how they handled such stuff, but it is what it is...
Well of course there's nothing we can do but that doesn't mean I have to like it either.

Like it's not hard. Just change things a little bit to add just a bit of context.
Old 2024-01-23, 22:11   Link #4592
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Well it's not ideal that we have to know the content of the movie in order to understand what's going on. They could make the movie a what if scenario like faiz, but those what if gets boring fast and canon elites won't bother watching them, so I guess this is a small pain we have to endure.

I remember a couple years ago when belt san from drive all of a sudden was hinted he may be the bad guy...then nothing happened because it was resolved in the movie. That was worse

Well, I still don't what happens to that wizard looking creature (purple, appear before the movie, and appear again when he was summoned by rinne's dad)...it's not ideal, but not too bother about it.
Its not "What If" gets boring real fast but audience eventually realized there's no point going to theatre for something inconsequential to series, where the main story is.

From writing perspective itself, they can't always keep going with "What If" since at some point it will demand the story to have at least an event with long-term effect(s) which may spoil the series. Drive movie surprisingly example of that. If you look at it closely, it more or less confirm Shin and Belt-san survive all the way so you can guess some parts of last episode will be, thanks to Eiji confirmed he's future Drive.

Elites is more about voting from purchasing power. Geats got highest sales of Reiwa so far so it got more toys and side-material even without Anniversary status (Revice) or 'new era' gimmick (Zero One).

Spoiler for That wizard-looking creature is one of X-Chemies, X-Wizard:
Old 2024-01-24, 08:00   Link #4593
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Can also just make the movie a side quest.

You know... Like Den-O? Or W? Or a lot of other Rider shows? Or most movies based on TV anime?
Old 2024-01-24, 18:05   Link #4594
justavisitor

personally the only type of movie I don't like is they spoil the ending of the show, like true ending from exaid? Or nowadays ultraman's movie trailer that shows the main cast after the ending while the current show is still airing.

I don't want to get spoiled of who makes it to the end (tho, nowadays most will make it anyway)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-24, 22:46   Link #4595
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Can also just make the movie a side quest.

You know... Like Den-O? Or W? Or a lot of other Rider shows? Or most movies based on TV anime?
You have to pay attention to it selling point as well:

Den-O:
- Wing Form (movie-exclusive form);
- KR Gaoh (new Rider, by veteran actor too);
- Sub-plots resolved:
>> One of Ryotaro doubt is caused by he have difficulty to remember his parents.
>> Sieg on his debut thanked DenLiner crew, said he's on debt to them.

W:
- Gold Xtreme (movie-exclusive form);
- KR Joker and KR Eternal (new Riders, former is previously hypothetical form, latter is played by well-known singer)
- Sub-plots resolved:
>> Philip interest to some woman, in this case those he found similar to his mother.
>> Jun Kazu slowly take over Museum influence with T2 GM research, made Ryubei and Saeko cautious.

Compare to Gotchard's it not extremely different.

Still following rules of: Movie-exclusive form (Star Gotchard) + New Rider (Majade) + Some sub-plots prior to movie resolved (Licht and X-Chemies).
Even past Riders movies under "What If" scenario like Agito and 555; Agito got G4, more exposure to Mana strength as Agito, while 555 got Psyga, Orga also with reveal Kiba decided to side with Smart Brain (which also happened in series). Gave Agito and 555 movie-exclusive form then it will be little to no differences to current Riders.

Simply that Toei decided this time New Rider slot is secondary Rider debut and it not surprising if Toei wanted to make it a big deal (compare to Mach debut in Gaim x Drive) considering Majade is the first female secondary.
Old 2024-01-25, 21:10   Link #4596
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Gag episode for the movie. I love how they made it looks like 555 next episode preview.

Old 2024-01-29, 18:13   Link #4597
GDB

That was unexpectedly brutal for Spanner. Didn't expect Frieza to bash his face repeatedly into a railing. Though it was a humorous juxtaposition from the standard tokusatsu attacks it did shortly after that.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 03:01   Link #4598
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I guess now I can understand why Hasegawa is fine with Majade relegated to movie debut.

Not only she's the first secondary female Riders but also her character aspect is present, regain faith on her father.
A stark contrasts compare to Gotchard (dream, future; Daybreak literally break law of nature (time travel) to save the world) and Valvarad (realist, past; Kyoka had to make tough decision, and now it coming back for them) that got their entire life ruined by Geryon. With movie they can have just enough (one episode break), not completely change the tone and maintain Gotchard and Valvarad advertisement, let Majade be P-Bandai Rider (LOL).

Seems like Spanner talk about not knowing who Boruto before was hint that Spanner memory erased sometimes ago.

Tamami going out with her yo-yo club is reference to Sukeban Deka and ... as I mentioned before, her actress caught up in her husband scamming scheme.

Geryon and Kyouka explanation are interesting. Seems like the order of events is:
Geryon tap into portal, obtain strength to defeat Spanner parents -> Portal not completely open as he and his followers wished for -> Fuga learned the truth, went into hiding with Gotchard Driver blueprint -> Geryon tell alchemist community to declare Fuga is traitor -> Fuga and Kyouka co-develop the Driver in secret -> First episode.

Surprisingly Houtarou father seems like an outsider in midst of this, all his Chemies are regular Chemies compare to Fuga's who helped by X-UFO, X-Fortress and X-Wizard.
Not to mention leaving his child in Ouroboros Realm; looking at Spanner family, kind of made you wonder if Houtarou's mother is truly his mother or a woman brainwashed into believing Houtarou is her son.
Old 2024-01-31, 06:34   Link #4599
B214

Toei - Majade is the first female secondary rider.
Bandai - Valvarad is the secondary rider.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-31, 07:40   Link #4600
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Although Spanner has acted like a dick most of the show, I still felt really bad for him. Also genuinely surprised it was his real parents that were brought back from the dead.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu