AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-27, 02:15   Link #61
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Is it wrong the end of the episode made me laugh so hard?
Old 2024-01-27, 06:32   Link #62
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae

Bravern salute

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 22:54   Link #63
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Would Isami have broken like that against normal, human enemies? He was a hotshot in the exercise, but as soon as it got real, he showed signs of panic.
To be fair he seems to value his career a lot.

In first episode, his friends and Lewis shared opinions that Isami should be proud by his decision because it is the right thing to do.
However he sulked because his superior said it is wrong. Also when interrogated, his main concern is what kind of damage Bravern had done to his reputation.

Now the screw finally loose (not complaining for the new finishing move name) as situation get real, I think it will lead to the real Isami that Bravern proud of.

Quote:
is Bravern, like, Isami's childhood friend who was abducted by aliens and turned into a Super Robot? And never grew up?
In first episode, Bravern already knew about Isami and what he capable of.
In second episode, Bravern said to Superbia that he and Isami will return him to what he used to be.
This time, the whole inorganic lifeform is not entirely true; he knew Lulu name and Isami watched The Abyss.

It kind of left impression that Bravern is part of invaders who rebels as it develop Super Robot personality because of Isami before Isami joined JSDF.
Old 2024-01-28, 00:42   Link #64
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
In first episode, Bravern already knew about Isami and what he capable of.
In second episode, Bravern said to Superbia that he and Isami will return him to what he used to be.
This time, the whole inorganic lifeform is not entirely true; he knew Lulu name and Isami watched The Abyss.

It kind of left impression that Bravern is part of invaders who rebels as it develop Super Robot personality because of Isami before Isami joined JSDF.
I don't discredit your theory but he only mentioned Lulu's name after she had said it.
Old 2024-01-28, 01:44   Link #65
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't discredit your theory but he only mentioned Lulu's name after she had said it.
When Lewis heard that, he's confused, he thought its a random words.
We even get the general wondering what's "Shu-ba-ba-ba-ba-Bang" before that.

Bravern somehow confident Lulu is her name. No "Maybe" or "Perhaps" or the usual "That sounds good, let's call her with that name."
So Bravern should knew about Lulu to certain degree, at least language used. It would fit with Bravern knew about Superbia and Lulu was found with purple liquid similar to Isami with green liquid this time.
Old 2024-01-29, 21:52   Link #66
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

PV for fourth episode.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2024-01-30, 00:31   Link #67
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
PV for fourth episode.

Lewis is stuck with a loli and Isami is stuck in a suit he is obviously not comfortable wearing .

Though it seems like they get to celebrate his efforts a little .
Old 2024-01-31, 16:01   Link #68
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I will not lie. This anime is just.... Weird.

So naturally I will keep watching.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-31, 16:27   Link #69
Gunpla King
Gunpla Builder & Battler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I will not lie. This anime is just.... Weird.

So naturally I will keep watching.
this anime is like the Yuusha/Brave series on crack.
- Gundam Build Fighters Try
- Gundam Build Divers
- Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
- Gundam Build Real
- Gundam Breaker
- Gundam Build Metaverse
Gunpla King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-31, 18:29   Link #70
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpla King View Post
this anime is like the Yuusha/Brave series on crack.
You can see how our society has changed when we compare this to gaogaigar

Seriously, they didn't say this is another Brave series??

Just picked up this, it has been so much fun
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-01, 13:56   Link #71
Frontier

When you have an Allied Forces made up of various nationalities in the middle of a war, the question remains: where to go first? Everyone wants to protect their homeland and see how it's doing, but Braven puts it succinctly...the hero must go where it is the most epic to arrive! And of course in a Mecha anime, they must head to Japan !

Isami is finally out of Bravern and wearing clothes, but he's still not happy about it, whether it be his new Bravern pilot suit (courtesy of Mayu) or how chummy Lewis is with Lulu, either because he's jealous or he thinks Lewis and his new loli companion is making light of their situation. It says a lot that Isami is willing to spend time with BRAVERN rather than talk with Lewis

But Isami better watch out, Lulu is very protective of Lewis! Right down to slugging him and knocking him into a wall! Good thing the airbag works .

I love how we got an "Oh Sh#t!" from Lewis and they were all discovered in their nakedness by women .

So Lulu has underdeveloped organs and some kind of device in her hand? Is that maybe how she transforms ?

Curry is addictive but maybe too much for the platinum-haired loli girl !

I love how Lulu was able to totally flummox the torturers. You can't waterboard her when she drinks all the water .

Lulu cute hairstyle montage !

It was nice to see Bravern and Isami kind of bond in their own way and Bravern treat Isami to a meeting with all the soldiers who appreciate him. Not only does he see the positive results of his and Bravern's efforts and see the national unity present in the Allied Forces. I just hope these people aren't dead soldiers walking .

Lucky Isami to have Bravern as a designated driver and to finally meet Honoka in the flesh! Also, Bravern got all the hot dogs !

They wanted to see what happened to Japan...and it's not pretty. Tokyo is an utter wasteland with no sign of life, which hits the Japanese cast hard, and not only that it seems like they've discovered the next Death Diver general they have to fight. Onward to Japan, Bravern !!!
Old 2024-02-01, 22:59   Link #72
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Was able to listen to the first web radio episode.

- Looks like it confirmed that Isami's "Where the hell is that song coming from?!" was ad libbed.

- Not sure if it was Azakami or Suzumura (hard to follow), but one of them did audition for Bravern and Smith.

- Azakami mentioned that there was difficulty of using English when doing his line as Smith.

Old 2024-02-02, 00:28   Link #73
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
- Looks like it confirmed that Isami's "Where the hell is that song coming from?!" was ad libbed.
Makes me wonder if the OP playing in the cockpit was in the script .
Quote:
- Not sure if it was Azakami or Suzumura (hard to follow), but one of them did audition for Bravern and Smith.
Considering the theories that Bravern might be a future version of Smith...
Old 2024-02-02, 01:53   Link #74
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:

Considering the theories that Bravern might be a future version of Smith...
That... sounds kinda wrong.

Old 2024-02-02, 05:10   Link #75
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Makes me wonder if the OP playing in the cockpit was in the script .
I heard Ryota Suzuki ask that question. Obari told him that yes, Isami can hear the music.

Old 2024-02-02, 14:56   Link #76
Alchemist007
*Author

Bang Brave Bang Bravern - the title play works better in JP:
Ban Burei Ban Bureiban

If they wanted to do the same in ENG:
Bang Brave Bang Bravebang

Sounds more gay...maybe even befitting the show .
Old 2024-02-02, 18:20   Link #77
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

It's nice to see Isami is getting the appreciation he deserves.
What's Bravern gonna do with all those sausages?
Old 2024-02-03, 00:35   Link #78
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Listened to the second web radio episode:

- Yohei, Ryota and Suzumura spent the first 10 minutes talking about Obari and the sauna hat... Not sure where that came from. That's before they "officially" started the radio show.

- The trio talked about the German (language) used in the second episode (by Asakawa and Suzumura).

- They lampshade the ED sequence. They mention it being kakkoi (handsome) and interesting... Shame that they didn't really lampshade the ED if (the word) ikemen was used.

- Suzumura had fun with the voice used by Bravern (I suspect it's a modulator). He also said "Chapter 1" like the one in the episode. Also tried to say Chapter 3 in German.

- Suzumura was promoted with the OP sequence. And they once again made fun of themselves in promoting the ED.

Old 2024-02-03, 18:38   Link #79
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Isami's really a downer compared to the rest of the cast. And his jealousy over Smith having an underage girl hanging around him doesn't speak well for him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-04, 00:45   Link #80
Frontier

Quote:
Isami's really a downer compared to the rest of the cast. And his jealousy over Smith having an underage girl hanging around him doesn't speak well for him.
Well, considering what he's gone through, I think it's kind of understandable (and it seems like he's turning around by the end).

I think it's meant to come off as jealousy but is actually just him being frustrated that he doesn't think Lewis is taking things seriously.

Tags
mecha, super robot