AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-13, 12:53   Link #181
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

It's not too out there to think that, I imagine Smith will keep that secret until the Earth is saved
Old 2024-03-14, 12:41   Link #182
Frontier

This is the story of Lulu...not the Lulu we've known, but a Lulu from a future past Smith's death (possibly the original timeline?) where all she had left was Isami and Bravern, but had to witness their deaths in the final conflict with the Deathdrives, while also finding out Smith was Bravern! Which set her on the path to time-traveling just like Lewis did so she could save everyone! Complete with Uncle Superbia and Aunt Miyu !

No better way to highlight adult Lulu than by giving her long hair again and giving us some fanservice of her putting her pants on in literally her first scene! And that's not even getting into her naked time-traveling all the way into her younger self! But I also love short-haired Miyu in full mecha scientist mode !

Looks like it won't be easy to get Superbia to let her pilot him, but she won't give up on getting herself in there and saving Isami/Lewis/Bravern! Just look at how proud Bravern is that she wants to pilot Superbia !

I love how Lulu's solution to saving Isami is choking him into unconsciousness and leaving him stripped and bound in Lewis' room. This is probably how most people imagined things going between him and Lewis, just with Lewis actually in it .

Lulu's doing it! She's jumping into Superbia! And nailing the jump just like Lewis did! But to make this partnership, this Omiai, work, they'll need to fully trust and believe in each other !

I love how they talk to each other in Ga-Ga-Pi and when Superbia talks in Japanese again the subs actually reverse into translating it into Ga-Ga-Pi .

I also love how Isami used Brave Zubash to free himself from his rope...and still needed help untying his suit .

Thanks to a training montage and Lulu's memories of her time with her uncle, Superbia finally accepts her and we even get a full blown transformation sequence into her pilot suit and giving Superbia a Braver upgrade! And he's even willing to help them finish off the remaining Deathdrives before settling the score with Bravern .

And Isami, for his part, has accepted being a Hero and living up to Lewis' legacy, but not in a self-sacrificing way but in a way that truly honors Lewis and his comrades .

Feels very full-circle that things began in Hawaii and they're ending in Hawaii, complete with Isami/Bravern and Lulu/Superbia heading off on their own for the final confrontation !
Old 2024-03-14, 21:42   Link #183
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

You can tell Sugita really enjoys the role since Superbia returned.

With this reveal ... I guess, there are three timelines?
First, everyone died, Smith become Bravern for second timeline; second, Lulu survive, following her Smith who became Bravern for third timeline; third, current timeline.
Interestingly, that means this series will end with Lulu ensure current timeline is a closed loop for complete victory.

Spoiler for Now that reminds me, Obari ...:

After the reveal, feels like I don't want to skip ED.

Old 2024-03-14, 23:46   Link #184
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post

First, everyone died, Smith become Bravern for second timeline; second, Lulu survive, following her Smith who became Bravern for third timeline; third, current timeline.
Interestingly, that means this series will end with Lulu ensure current timeline is a closed loop for complete victory.

Spoiler for Now that reminds me, Obari ...:

After the reveal, feels like I don't want to skip ED.

Spoiler:
Old 2024-03-15, 02:36   Link #185
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I like that the duo interviewed Obari in their webradio show.

I didn't know Obari has a deep voice. He can be a voice actor.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2024-03-15 at 02:51.
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-15, 06:27   Link #186
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

What a change of mood. This caught me out of nowhere.
Old 2024-03-15, 12:14   Link #187
justavisitor

Quote:

Isn't there only one? Smith somehow comes back as braven and to save others up until now. Yes we can't explain how Braven was there in the first place but we better chalk it as paradox??

Now Lulu is trying to change the past, or to create the second timeline.

All seems well but, with Lulu's original ending, the MC sacrificed himself but the threat was gone. Could Lulu somehow make it worse?? Seems so certain that 1+1>2 but is it really going to happen this way??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-15, 18:45   Link #188
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Isn't there only one? Smith somehow comes back as braven and to save others up until now. Yes we can't explain how Braven was there in the first place but we better chalk it as paradox??

Now Lulu is trying to change the past, or to create the second timeline.
I'm thinking this is the third timeline because when I looked at it again:

- Previous battles kind of happened following Bravern arrival; otherwise we can skip to mainland, the only change will be Isami died, no Superbia.
- Cunus said Smith is her personal interest, despite his lack of presence compare to Bravern (which Vanitas and Pessimism paid attention); Bravern himself patiently waited until Smith death (everyone even commented what took them so long). So Bravern doesn't need to exist to ensure Smith died with Cunus.

Now Lulu tried to avoid bad ending; if every change affects timeline, this is the third.

Old 2024-03-15, 22:58   Link #189
Frontier

Quote:
I'm thinking this is the third timeline because when I looked at it again:

- Previous battles kind of happened following Bravern arrival; otherwise we can skip to mainland, the only change will be Isami died, no Superbia.
- Cunus said Smith is her personal interest, despite his lack of presence compare to Bravern (which Vanitas and Pessimism paid attention); Bravern himself patiently waited until Smith death (everyone even commented what took them so long). So Bravern doesn't need to exist to ensure Smith died with Cunus.

Now Lulu tried to avoid bad ending; if every change affects timeline, this is the third.

So in the original timeline they survived long enough for Knuth to single out Lewis and that started the time loop?
Old 2024-03-16, 04:19   Link #190
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So in the original timeline they survived long enough for Knuth to single out Lewis and that started the time loop?
The story structure suggested that IMO.

If Isami died in first episode, the army will still regroup in Hawaii.
No interrogation, no need asking if what Bravern said is true, no Superbia because Superbia involvement requires Bravern, no boxing match.
What's left is underwater battle that will lead to party night where Isami appreciated; if submarines and warships can't be saved its not like Smith gone too.

What's followed is Brave Knights.
No Isami means Smith become their ace pilot instead; reinforcement still joined them since its an emergency situation. No Superbia only costs Smith his prototype mecha.
Knuth / Cunus have no qualms destroyed Cupiditas just because she didn't want to be interrupted, so Vanitas and Pessimism will leave her alone. With her goal said to be "make love with Smith" through once in a lifetime death, self-destruct together is a certainty; scene when Smith used Knuth / Cunus essence to become Bravern works without Bravern presence in process.

So yes, no paradox is possible. All thanks to Knuth / Cunus obsession to make love with Smith.

Old 2024-03-16, 11:45   Link #191
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

One minor translation error that I noticed in episode 9.

When they are recovering all the pilots and mention Lulu missing the one lady says they need a "Caesar". I had to laugh, considering that I was in the air force for 20 years. The correct term is CSAR - Combat Search and Rescue. Hopefully they get that right in a blu-ray release.
Old 2024-03-16, 20:46   Link #192
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
One minor translation error that I noticed in episode 9.

When they are recovering all the pilots and mention Lulu missing the one lady says they need a "Caesar". I had to laugh, considering that I was in the air force for 20 years. The correct term is CSAR - Combat Search and Rescue. Hopefully they get that right in a blu-ray release.
Told CR and they responded positively saying they would fix it
Old 2024-03-17, 00:12   Link #193
Alchemist007
*Author

This sure is a callback to some old mechas. I wish it was two cour, it deserves the pacing.
Old 2024-03-17, 23:38   Link #194
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Suddenly, episode preview like your usual mecha anime.

Old 2024-03-18, 06:27   Link #195
Dextro
He Without a Title

I did not have Magical Girl Transformation Sequence on my bingo card for this show but I'm all for it
Old 2024-03-18, 11:51   Link #196
Frontier

Quote:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Suddenly, episode preview like your usual mecha anime.

Double Attack against Double Deathdrives .
Old 2024-03-18, 17:27   Link #197
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Double Attack against Double Deathdrives .
Interestingly the official website mentioned there are three Deathdrives in Hawaii, not counting Superbia.
I guess that explained why Isami and Bravern died in Lulu's timeline despite Burn Bravern strong enough to kill two Deathdrives at once.

JP audience mostly guessed the last three Deathdrives to be Fukuyama Jun, Nakamura Yuuichi and Hayami Sho.

Old 2024-03-18, 23:29   Link #198
Frontier

Quote:
Interestingly the official website mentioned there are three Deathdrives in Hawaii, not counting Superbia.
I guess that explained why Isami and Bravern died in Lulu's timeline despite Burn Bravern strong enough to kill two Deathdrives at once.

JP audience mostly guessed the last three Deathdrives to be Fukuyama Jun, Nakamura Yuuichi and Hayami Sho.

They got Sugita and Midorikawa and Inada, those castings would not surprise me .

I kind of assumed they beat the two Deathdrives but there's still a "Final Boss."
Old 2024-03-19, 06:27   Link #199
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

You know... after rewatching the opening I realized how several supporting characters barely feel like characters. I don't remember a single name besides the pilots. With Isami and Lulu rushing to the climax on their own, I can see everybody joining in support in kinda like Mazinger Z or Transformers movie climax once they are weakened and about to be killed like in that future scenario from last week.
Old 2024-03-19, 10:10   Link #200
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
You know... after rewatching the opening I realized how several supporting characters barely feel like characters. I don't remember a single name besides the pilots. With Isami and Lulu rushing to the climax on their own, I can see everybody joining in support in kinda like Mazinger Z or Transformers movie climax once they are weakened and about to be killed like in that future scenario from last week.
I wish the other girls got more screentime and development...

Tags
mecha, super robot