AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2024-02-27, 20:55   Link #61
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post

They really need to put more emphasis to Souma emotion.
Ryuga needs more facial expression too, he has been staring hard a lot of times in this show

man, the transformed fight is really really fast and short. No wonder Rian dumped Ryuga
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-01, 07:21   Link #62
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

"At least we're using this cool special move when using armor."

Joke aside, Godou title is Kouzankishi Zango or Zango the Light Slash Knight.

Never thought I missed fierce appearance of no-radiance Garo armor from Yami.
The white armor is charming as well too bad I'm not convinced about giving it to Souma.
Old 2024-03-01, 21:36   Link #63
justavisitor

I wonder how Ryuga told the story to Souma lol

Ryuga: at first your dad didn't want to teach me, so I showed him the uber move garo dark...
Souma: garo dark...
Ryuga: oh it is really hard to master but I got it on the first time....moving on..your dad taught his special move to me, amazing, but not that difficult once you understand it, and I nailed it on the first try!!

No wonder Souma was more depressed after that
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2024-03-02, 00:37   Link #64
Frontier

I mean, I think it's fine to mourn the victims being possessed by the Horror rather than the Horror themselves, but I guess it makes sense that it wouldn't sink in for Souma because he just barrels through everything .

Makai Knight Zango! That armor was a thing of beauty !

Oh hey, they even had a full Horror suit instead of anything remaining of the human like from the older seasons...even if we only saw the Horror for, like, five seconds .

Is Irubua supposed to be Godous Madou Tool? "Yuka Suzumura?" is this all one big Suzumura family reunion production ?

Okay, so now Ryuga can just flex the a practical suit version of the Yami Wo Terasu Mono Garo armor (which as far as I can remember was all CG in the season it appeared in). Sure, why not ?

I didn't expect Godou to be living out of a literal man cave. I know most Makai Knights just kind of wander or go wherever they needed and don't have a swanky Saejima mansion, but I don't think most would live in a literal cave with a tent, a desk, and a bookcase .

Oh, so the Finisher literally forces their armor off to take the recoil. I guess that's one way to justify it .

Ryuga and Souma are totally going to use the light and dark versions of the attack together .

Ryuga reflecting on Godou and Souma's relationship felt pertinent knowing his family drama .

It's almost like Godou knew something was probably going to happen to him the way he asked Ryuga to take care of Godou .

Mutsugi finally shows her true colors. Of course it's the classic "we can destroy all Horrors!" plan that ALWAYS turns out well in this franchise

Was that Lost Soul Zango sealed up like that ?
Old 2024-03-02, 12:52   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Okay, so now Ryuga can just flex the a practical suit version of the Yami Wo Terasu Mono Garo armor (which as far as I can remember was all CG in the season it appeared in). Sure, why not ?
It's not the armor from Yami that had lost its shine, but the one he gained after conquering his inner darkness in Gold Storm Shou. They look similar but there are differences (the belt, mostly). I was actually wondering whether we'd see that form again or if it would just be ignored. It included a significant power boost and flight IIRC.

And yeah, had a good laugh at Goudou living in an open cave
Old 2024-03-08, 06:41   Link #66
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

Mutsugi acting carry; so that "dragon" is a berserk armor of someone.
Old 2024-03-08, 23:45   Link #67
Frontier

Did the subs suddenly take a nosedive? They went wayyy too literal at some points, even in the credits. "That is Hironobu Kageyama?" "These are ____" .

I thought for a second Mutsugi might actually feel regret for what she's doing...but then she seemed to actually bask in Souma's suffering. And that's before she goes totally insane and cackling like a madwoman .

That's kind of the rub of the Makai Order, isn't it? They fight monsters to protect humans, but humans can be just as much monsters themselves, so is there really a point? It more often than not tends to be the reason we get fallen Knights or Priests .

So are we actually going to see Lost Soul Zango or are they just going to leave it in silhouette? I was actually kind of surprised they addressed getting consumed by the armor in a Ryuga season .

If I'm understanding Mutsugi's plan correctly, the Gate instinctively draws humans with Inga in them to it to turn them into Horrors, so Mutsugi thinks if she lets that go along she can just kill all humans who can transform into Horrors...

The Red Woman finally returns! Still kind of unclear exactly what she is, but it feels like her "sweet talking" Mutsugi and Souma is what made both of them go off the deep end. Just like she did with all those Horrors .

So did Koyori actually see the Red Woman or did she just undo the seal on Souma and it was displayed like she hit the Red Woman ?

Mutsugi's plan seems to hinge on the Zango armor passing from Godou to Souma and thus undoing the seal, but I don't know if the armor would even approve of Souma as he is now. Though maybe she's relying on the blood connection to make the armor react ?

I guess it was inevitable we'd get Ryuga vs Souma. Kind of hope we get them clashing in their armors, but I kind of doubt it .
Old 2024-03-15, 07:06   Link #68
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

Somehow Souma reflection looks more interesting than Souma.

Two episodes left. Seems like Souma will choose Hagane over Zango.
Old 2024-03-15, 23:30   Link #69
Frontier

We finally get Ryuga vs Souma...or more like Souma vs everyone who he feels self-conscious about, including himself .

(Kind of surprised they didn't bring back Igusu too...)

Honestly I expected Mutsugi to hesitate more in fighting Koyori, because I always felt like she saw her as a daughter, but she's so off the rails that not even that really mattered to her .

Knight vs Knight fights are pretty common so that makes Priest vs Priest fights even more novel! Koyori tried her best but Mutsugi was too much for her .

So obviously the seal was broken...but what about the Zango armor? Did it just...disappear into the ether ?
Old 2024-03-22, 07:35   Link #70
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

Sonshi, Tousei, Ago, Jinga now this... I guess Ryuga era is bound to be carried by the antagonists.

Old 2024-03-22, 20:19   Link #71
justavisitor

Omg, when Souma got defeated easily with his armor, I kept thinking it was because of the low budget rather than it was because the opponent was too strong

First I thought they saved the money for the second half of the show, then to the last 4 episodes, 3, 2, and then...well I guess they will put all the money to the final episode?? XD

It's like you watch the show named batman, and turns out majority of the time it's bruce wayne fighting. Well they are one and the same, but not what you had expected
Old 2024-03-25, 18:27   Link #72
Frontier

So is the idea that anyone with the potential to birth a Horror or any kind of grudge or resentment in their heart would be singled out? I imagine it had a pretty flimsy criteria .

Oh look, Souma summoned his armor! Which lasted all of two seconds .

Bless Koyori! She tried so hard, and she ended up helping Ryuga succeed !

Mutsugi's problem is she fundamentally gave up on humanity and their capacity to change, like Souma did, so I guess it's no surprise she ended up becoming consumed by a Horror herself...or whatever the Red Woman is .

I guess we're past the days of naked Horror women Final Bosses...so here's a totally excessive crystal Boss instead. It looks like she's auditioning to be a Sailor Moon villain .

Good thing the Armors don't have cooldown time...and hopefully they've been saving up the bulk of the Armor action for the finale .
Old 2024-03-29, 08:11   Link #73
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

TLDR, Garo team currently reevaluating their business model.
Old 2024-03-29, 23:35   Link #74
Frontier

Well, there's your majority of armor content in the final episode !

Hey, we've still got the Yami Garo armor, we may as well get some more use out of it .

Where was Souma keeping Igusu's sword? Like, does his cloak even have an extra pocket ?

Well, good for Souma to have his dads' Madou Tool so he can at least know exactly what his father thought about him and more about his history if he ever wants. Mutsugi never believed in him .

Bringing what Ryuga said about Garo and Hagane being equals full-circle by donning a Hagane armor himself (I guess those can really be worn by anybody). I kind of wish they had shown Zaruba popping out of the armor .

Nice to have Igusu among the ghosts .

So...what about the Zango armor? Obviously they make a big deal about the Hagane's and their worth, and Souma carrying that will, but his dad wanted him to inherit his armor and in the final slash Souma's spirit channeled Zango. I was half-expecting him to say he was going to leave to reclaim the armor...but then again, I wouldn't trust the city to just Ron and Obi .

Look at the MCU style credits! Also a theme that they probably would have played as the OP of the second cour if this had one! They even showed the Horrors and supporting characters .
Old 2024-03-30, 04:45   Link #75
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Hagane is mass-produced armor so young knight in Ryuga timeline not burdened by "name", after all.
I'm more surprised it can be used immediately by Ryuga, you would think they put some kind of safety measure so it can't be easily transferred to dangerous people.

Old 2024-03-30, 10:33   Link #76
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Hagane is mass-produced armor so young knight in Ryuga timeline not burdened by "name", after all.
I'm more surprised it can be used immediately by Ryuga, you would think they put some kind of safety measure so it can't be easily transferred to dangerous people.

Maybe one day they'll finally come up with an Armor for women .
Old 2024-03-30, 19:26   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So yeah, that was not a good show. Better than Versus Road but that's not saying much. It was completely lacking the charm and atmosphere of previous entries. I did like seeing a more experienced Ryuga but that's about it. Souma was an awful character.
Old 2024-03-30, 20:44   Link #78
justavisitor

When Ryuga was filled with the darkness, isn't it easier to change it into light? Instead he has to change what's leftover of light into complete darkness. What good does it do?? (other than fulfilling the plot)

Garo series starts to have serious problem since Sho I will say. They put a 12 episodes worth of material into a 25 episode series (Sho), and they put a 6 episodes worth of material into Jinga and this (both are 12 episodes). As a result, all 3 of them are very boring, because they don't have enough material in it (and now, they lack budget too)

Casts are painfully small in Jinga and Hagane. In this series, basically we only have 5 characters that matter (Ryuga, Souma, both priests, and Souma's dad), that's just too underwhelming (in a restaurant they will give you a mid table for 5 ppl ). Zero's bad blood had some good attempts to give some plot to the victims. They have to make the show more interesting and interconnected. Ppl will eventually feel bored seeing painfully small casts wandering in the wild in every other episode

They have to change it soon if they still want to make more TV series. They can't go on like this forever.
Old 2024-03-30, 21:46   Link #79
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Doesn't help that the padding is really bad in Hagane.
Unlike Gold Storm where side-characters barely matters every time Jinga and Emiri entered the scene.
Here we have characters reminded each others about plot points and what happened last episode.

Felt like a good deal to either:
> Remove Igusu, Obi and Ron, focus on issues that may come during name succession (which hinted in Yami), or
> Remove entirety of Souma plot (Souma, Souma father, Igusu, Obi and Ron), get back Rian then focus the entire series to how Makai Priest lives in Ryuga timeline; the villain still the same.

Old 2024-03-31, 12:13   Link #80
justavisitor

or cut the 3 useless knights (sorry) into 2.
Give important roles to local citizen, like a dad and a young son, who have close ties to Souma.

Then the dad got influenced by horror so Souma had to kill him. The son witnessed all this, and then decided to give a surprising and important help at the end to Ryuga can co.

At the very end, Souma, or the remaining useless knight will take that young kid as his successor. So we have 3 successors, past (ryuga), current (souma), and future (that young kid)

Sorry my fanfiction mode is on. XD