AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-07-03, 20:03   Link #221
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Here's a fun little side note that might bring you a smile... Itano Tomomi turned 19 during their stay at LA. Someone (Maeda Atsuko posted it in her blog) grabbed a charming shot of Kitahara Rie giving her a birthday hug in their hotel.

So cute.
Old 2010-07-03, 20:30   Link #222
Jinx626
Yo!!

After the fiasco of AX 2007 at long beach, i returned to AX finally this year after seeing the GOH list. Overall a much more better experience compared to to Long Beach but still there is a lot more room for improvement. Akb48 concert was good but the May'n/Megumi concert was AWESOME. Yoko Kanno also made a surprise appearance at the May'n/Megumi concert!!!!!!!

Well i am all pooped out and feels like i spent a majority of the con in a line waiting for a panel or waiting for an autograph. It wasn't until Day 3 that i actually did some shopping and checking out the cosplay which is pretty sad. Like one friend i made at the con put it "Its like trench warfare for these autographs". I also pretty much got all things i wanted except Megumi Nakajima autograph as i couldn't attend her panel to get an autograph signing ticket as i was jocking for position to get in line for Yui Horie/Eri Kitamura autograph. So here are my loots for AX. Autographs are AKB48, Yui Horie, Eri Kitamura, and May'n. No Megumi though >< The rolled up thing is a ToraDora poster that NIS was giving out if you bought the dvd set from them.

Old 2010-07-03, 21:12   Link #223
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
UGh I so wanted to go but no one would come with me geh >.< I see the merchandise pics sooo much nice good stuff I wanted a Yui Horie autograph he convention here just blows so bad....
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 21:19   Link #224
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx626 View Post
Very nice collection. That AKB48 card is sweet! I can "feel the love." Is the Hocchan autograph the one that has "I❤LA"?
Old 2010-07-03, 21:24   Link #225
Jinx626
Yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Very nice collection. That AKB48 card is sweet! I can "feel the love." Is the Hocchan autograph the one that has "I❤LA"?
Yes it is ^^. When i went up to her my mind went blank and i didn't manage to utter anything to her except hello and thank you.....zzzz... I was planning to say something to her about her role in bakemonogatari. Darn it.
Old 2010-07-03, 21:49   Link #226
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Yes it is ^^. When i went up to her my mind went blank and i didn't manage to utter anything to her except hello and thank you.....zzzz... I was planning to say something to her about her role in bakemonogatari. Darn it.
Aww... that's too bad. Still, you got to meet her and now have her autograph to cherish forever. I think I'm a little jealous of you for getting to see her in person.
Old 2010-07-03, 21:55   Link #227
Freeter
beyond

Just got back from the convention, my feet are sore from all that walking.

The main thing I wanted to check out was the Black Lagoon premiere, but I stopped off at the Eri Kitamura panel beforehand. That woman is one talented VA. She was honestly surprised by how much the fans knew about Yui and Angel Beats, with people asking her to recite some of Yui's lines (best part was the TK cosplayer joining in ). She also mentioned she tried out for Yurippe and Tenshi's roles, and I wanted to ask her to do Tenshi but they cut off the line for questions before I could get up there.

I missed the Yui Horie panel since I had to check in to my hotel room, but I bet it was probably just as fun. Though honestly, if I had to choose between the two I'd pick Kitamura in a heartbeat (especially after her incredible Inko-chan impersonation at the Toradora panel).

The Eden of the East panel was pretty dry, so I left early. Not much in the way of questions other than will another Ghost in the Shell be made and whether the movies made a sufficient ending. Only good thing about the panel was Kamiyama saying he tweeted to Japan that Taki still has the biggest "Johnny"

Went to the MELL concert in the evening and it was crazy. She actually started the show performing some magic acts like pulling tons of twirling umbrellas from her sleeves and wearing lots of Oni masks before revealing her face. Then she sang all the theme songs from BL, Rideback, Hayate, etc., and I must say, she is a vocal powerhouse. Almost thought she was going to collapse on stage from all those high notes, but she pulled through and delivered a fantastic show.

Sadly, the Black Lagoon panel wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped. They actually wasted time talking about how realistic the submarine from episode 5 looked while showing reference photos (because we all watch BL for the realism, right? ). The only interesting things from there were an awesome Dutch cosplayer and Hiroe hinting that there might be an upcoming 'twist' regarding a possible prologue chapter for one of the crew (he didn't specify who).

Overall, it was a pretty fun experience. Not sure if I'd want to go again next year though.
Old 2010-07-03, 22:23   Link #228
Jinx626
Yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Just got back from the convention, my feet are sore from all that walking.

The main thing I wanted to check out was the Black Lagoon premiere, but I stopped off at the Eri Kitamura panel beforehand. That woman is one talented VA. She was honestly surprised by how much the fans knew about Yui and Angel Beats, with people asking her to recite some of Yui's lines (best part was the TK cosplayer joining in ). She also mentioned she tried out for Yurippe and Tenshi's roles, and I wanted to ask her to do Tenshi but they cut off the line for questions before I could get up there.

I missed the Yui Horie panel since I had to check in to my hotel room, but I bet it was probably just as fun. Though honestly, if I had to choose between the two I'd pick Kitamura in a heartbeat (especially after her incredible Inko-chan impersonation at the Toradora panel).

The Eden of the East panel was pretty dry, so I left early. Not much in the way of questions other than will another Ghost in the Shell be made and whether the movies made a sufficient ending. Only good thing about the panel was Kamiyama saying he tweeted to Japan that Taki still has the biggest "Johnny"

Went to the MELL concert in the evening and it was crazy. She actually started the show performing some magic acts like pulling tons of twirling umbrellas from her sleeves and wearing lots of Oni masks before revealing her face. Then she sang all the theme songs from BL, Rideback, Hayate, etc., and I must say, she is a vocal powerhouse. Almost thought she was going to collapse on stage from all those high notes, but she pulled through and delivered a fantastic show.

Sadly, the Black Lagoon panel wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped. They actually wasted time talking about how realistic the submarine from episode 5 looked while showing reference photos (because we all watch BL for the realism, right? ). The only interesting things from there were an awesome Dutch cosplayer and Hiroe hinting that there might be an upcoming 'twist' regarding a possible prologue chapter for one of the crew (he didn't specify who).

Overall, it was a pretty fun experience. Not sure if I'd want to go again next year though.
You didn't miss much on the Yui Horie panel. She arrived to the panel late. Whose fault that was is anybody's guess. Not too many questions were asked as there was such a limited time left. I skipped out on the panel part way through once i heard a line was forming for her autograph already and went to line up. From what i heard the Eri Kitamura Panel was the superior one.
Old 2010-07-04, 19:30   Link #229
snipegunner

The previous AX I attended was also the horrible 2007 one at long beach. I really liked this years guests. Spending hours in line and sprinting to the autograph area after panels was worth it.
snipegunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 20:10   Link #230
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

After 12 hours, I still can't find anything that can tell me what happened in Danny Choo's panel with the Black Rock Shooter Exclusive Preview. D:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 20:16   Link #231
snipegunner

It was at 9-10am today. He never did show it during his panel yesterday. I couldn't see it since I took the flight home in the morning.
Old 2010-07-04, 21:10   Link #232
Jinx626
Yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipegunner View Post
The previous AX I attended was also the horrible 2007 one at long beach. I really liked this years guests. Spending hours in line and sprinting to the autograph area after panels was worth it.
Whose autograph is that one the left on the autograph board? Yeah sprinting and the chaos of trying to get an autograph is all part of the fun of AX. Luckily i was in shape for that sprint and using the "shortcut" to the exhibit hall did help.
Old 2010-07-04, 21:13   Link #233
snipegunner

Katsuyuki Konishi- ozma and kamina's VA
Old 2010-07-04, 21:17   Link #234
Jinx626
Yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipegunner View Post
Katsuyuki Konishi- ozma and kamina's VA
Nice get! He wasn't on my high priority list but i would've loved to get his autograph if i had the chance. Congrats on the Megumi/May'n autograph!
Old 2010-07-05, 13:12   Link #235
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Autographs are AKB48, Yui Horie, Eri Kitamura, and May'n. No Megumi though ><
Believe me, I'd kill to be you. I arrived 45 minutes early on Day 3's Hocchan + Kitaeri autograph session just to find a crapload of people crunched together closer than atoms in a neutron star, with no regards to the AX staff's shouts for them to back off whatsoever. It took an hour for the crowd to get organized into a line, and somehow I ended up in the back of it. Another hour passes, and the autograph session itself ended with ~30 people in front of me. orz.

Quote:
You didn't miss much on the Yui Horie panel. She arrived to the panel late. Whose fault that was is anybody's guess. Not too many questions were asked as there was such a limited time left. I skipped out on the panel part way through once i heard a line was forming for her autograph already and went to line up. From what i heard the Eri Kitamura Panel was the superior one.
Not to mention 23 minutes was wasted on screening the first episode of Toradora in a Yui Horie panel. Hocchan herself only appeared for 13 minutes.
Old 2012-04-13, 22:38   Link #236
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Who here is going to Anime Expo 2012 in June/July? I think I've got a good chance of attending this year, so if anyone's crazy enough to want to meet up, that'd be pretty sweet. LiSA as a guest of honour is freaking epic already (as he types this message listening to "Run With Wolves"), and I'm already excited to see which other guests will be appearing.

Aside from that, this WILL be my first convention ever if I go, so I was hoping to get some feedback from those of you who are experienced with stuff like this. Stuff like:

Let's say I decide on the guests that I want to see/get autographs from. What is a good way to organize time so I can get to them all?

Speaking of autographs, should I purchase merch related to the guests at the expo beforehand if I don't own specific to stuff they've done?

And speaking of merch, I'm of the impression that there's even ridiculous lines for tables. Is there are good way to know which booths to visit for certain items?

I'll attend all 4 days. What's the best way to organize time efficiently to see everything?

Just stuff like that. Any tips you might have, I'd appreciate it. Cheers.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2012-04-13 at 23:50.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 00:58   Link #237
Kyuu
=^^=

I missed out on Mikunopolis last year... I don't think I can show my face @ Anime Expo ever again... as I would die of jealousy and regret...

Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 01:12   Link #238
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I missed out on Mikunopolis last year... I don't think I can show my face @ Anime Expo ever again... as I would die of jealousy and regret...

I'd say it's time to replace regrets with new experiences. It's LiSA, after all. It's a live Girls Dead Monster concert plus everything else she does; I'm foaming at the mouth like the obedient fanboy I am at the opportunity.

2010 seemed like the golden year for guests though. May'n? Nakajima Megumi? Eri Kitamura? Danny Choo? FREAKING YUI HORIE? Just tell me Hanazawa Kana is coming to one of these and I'm maxing out a credit card to be there.
Old 2012-04-14, 08:41   Link #239
Sagi

I'm planing to go this year for the second year to anime expo with some friends.
I did go last year with some friends, but i only went for the first day but this year I want to go for four days.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 09:08   Link #240
Archer

I'm also going to AX this year, all four days.

I have no set plan at the moment, though. I usually decide on those a week before.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conventions