AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-07, 21:19   Link #1
Nvis
Where are the good animes

GPX Cyber Formula Zero(or related)

Well, the last thread was gone since it the forum was down a while ago, but here we go again, with Ayu releasing ep.3 yesterday.

Anyways, pretty interesting stuff. Discuss below.
Oh, and to bring back some memories....

Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 23:38   Link #2
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

The boost is stuck!

Yeah, we got to keep the thread alive.

Watched it last night. Asuka does a pretty good job of slapping Hayato, TWICE! And in this episode, we see Claytor's true colors. He isn't quite the cute little rookie he once was.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 15:28   Link #3
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
This is one heck of a show. Asuka calling it off with Hayato and Clayton acting like a psycho freak on the track. Also I can;t believe that the Cyber Formula shows are very underated. I know that many people do not like Fukuda but this is some excellent work done here.
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 16:16   Link #4
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAsuradaGundam
This is one heck of a show. Asuka calling it off with Hayato and Clayton acting like a psycho freak on the track. Also I can;t believe that the Cyber Formula shows are very underated. I know that many people do not like Fukuda but this is some excellent work done here.
I like cyber formula a lot as well. You can see a lot of material he took form his old show for use in gs/gsd. It is one of the reasons why i can't blame fukuda completely for the mess that is gsd. As you can see here if given free hand he can make something good.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-02-03 at 18:27.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 02:37   Link #5
U<3Anime
Boo!

heh finally ep 3 is out. What takes ayu so long everytime? : (. Well anyway, pretty good, but its like only the begining. I cant wait when hayato accepts the zero realm, but right now they are like teasing us or something. arrrrgh must need more cyber formula.......
Old 2006-01-19, 16:05   Link #6
Nvis

ep.4's out. Possibly the best episode so far.
Old 2006-01-21, 11:42   Link #7
U<3Anime
Boo!

woot ep 4 came out way faster this time . Finally hayato has accepted the zero realm and its awesome . Also........WTF IS WRONG WITH ASUKA IN THE NEXT EPISODE? arrrrrgh <_____>
Old 2006-01-21, 12:37   Link #8
Nvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime
woot ep 4 came out way faster this time . Finally hayato has accepted the zero realm and its awesome . Also........WTF IS WRONG WITH ASUKA IN THE NEXT EPISODE? arrrrrgh <_____>
I don't see anything wrong with asuka.
Old 2006-01-23, 18:31   Link #9
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis
I don't see anything wrong with asuka.
Look at her hair in the preview for the next episode..... : (
Old 2006-01-23, 18:36   Link #10
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Denka
Shame we lost the old Cyberformula thread since there were lots of heated (and perspective) discussion between Cyberoformula fans over who was the 'true' best driver, the best car, and so forth...
Did we ever had that in the old thread We haven't gotten around to Sin yet, so that discussion is ways off.

Side Note: KD, what the heck happen to you, you sig is respectible. What happen to all the good stuff you had before. This is completely tame Wheres the edge and more importantly wheres the loli
Old 2006-01-28, 03:19   Link #11
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Ep. 4 was good. The scene where Asuka and Hayato launch the boost together was nice. I'm looking forward to the rest of Zero where there's more drama...

Thinking back, Zero has almost all of the characaters and sub characters included, meaning they have screen time (either by being shown in the scenes or have their names on the standings) or voice time. It's hard to not discuss the other OVAs in CF, because they are relevant to the current one being subbed.

Spoiler:

I think Asuka looks better with long hair.
Old 2006-02-08, 10:27   Link #12
ryuusei

just out of sheer curiosity, does anyone know a (fan)site or something that has details about the storyline of pretty much all the cyber formula series??? Its being so long since i've watched the tv series and i'm not really good with chinese subs so i wouldn't mind catching up on the old series while finding out stuff from the newer series.

thanks
ryuusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 20:51   Link #13
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
so what did everyone think of episode 05? I thought it was good, and finally we find out why being in the Zero Realm isn't such a good idea.

Asuka looks moe! I like her short hair!

We also find out why Clayto is such a head case...like father like son!

Old 2006-02-08, 21:50   Link #14
Tenson
"Hakuna Matata" Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Tenson Send a message via AIM to Tenson Send a message via Yahoo to Tenson
I think it's a great episode as well

Although... I like my Asuka with long hair... LOL... but then again... she does have a reason to move no... LOL... it's fine, I'll accept Asuka either way

I really like the perview for 6 too! LOL... it's just too funny
Old 2006-02-10, 03:23   Link #15
triggerc

I believe Sin is 3 years forward

IMO, i really don't like Asuka with short hair, and her hairstyle in sin is slightly different from the former long one she had. Personally i like the hair she had through the TV series and Double-One the best.

Zero is probably the best OVA out of the the four of them, having all the cast getting screen time and all. But sin will remain my favorite solely because of Kaga.
triggerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 21:15   Link #16
whiteash
Baron von Blubba

Send a message via AIM to whiteash Send a message via MSN to whiteash
This series is absolutely wonderful and very close to my heart. Let's not let it die! Also, I was amazed to find out V8 is a girl. O.o
whiteash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 07:25   Link #17
Izaki

Cyber Formula OVA

I have just a bit of a few questions, regarding the OVAs on the topic. There are two OVAs in Animesuki.com (Double One, and Zero.) What about the rest? It is not in the lisensed anime, if I remembered correctly. (Talking about SAGA and SIN)
Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 07:49   Link #18
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izaki
I have just a bit of a few questions, regarding the OVAs on the topic. There are two OVAs in Animesuki.com (Double One, and Zero.) What about the rest? It is not in the lisensed anime, if I remembered correctly. (Talking about SAGA and SIN)
They haven't been fansubbed yet, that's all.
Old 2006-04-07, 22:00   Link #19
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Awesome episode!!!

Zero 06 was released a few days ago, and it brought back memories: of watching the episode before and actual memories of going through the Cross Harbour Tunnel when I was living in Hong Kong (which was NOT part of China at the time)*

Apart from the attention to detail on the tunnel, they included the Chinese dumplings that Kaga was eating during the Qualifiers, and mentioned the name Kowloon**, which is the southern most part of "mainland" Hong Kong.

There is a lot of drama in this episode:

Shinjyo fights Kaga and gets taught a lesson, and is ultimately indebted to Kaga's help and advice. I think this is where we have our first impression of Lisa Heinel, and the first instances where we see those fans/turbines being used by Kaga to run along the wall, and take care of the Gold and Silver Steels (more on this to follow)

Furthermore, as Shinjyo builds up a 30 second or so lead over the main group, he develops gear problems.

Spoiler:

Let's backtrack a bit. This episode really shows Kaga's skills and ruthlessness when it comes to getting what he needs to be done. Aoi's executives are not happy with Shinjo's results. Shinjyo has to win this race, no matter what. If he doesn't, he and Kyoko will both be fired. He gets into an argument with Kyoko, Katagiri and Kaga about this. Contrary to what Shinjyo said about Kaga's amateur driving, Kaga is really an awesome driver. Kaga beats the crap out of Shinjyo and Shinjyo realizes his stupidity. Shinjyo and Kaga make up in the pits the next day.

In the beginning of the race, Kaga intentionally blocks Claytor and lets Shinjyo take the lead. The two Steels take 3rd and 4th, and Claytor is especially pissed. Shinjyo is free to build his lead throughout the race, while Kaga holds off both Gold and Silver Steels. The two Steels for once join forces to sandwich Kaga against the concrete side wall with a turn coming up. Kaga uses his side fans/turbines to lift his car up and run along the wall, then after cornering, he turns the fans on Jackie Gudelian, which causes him to lose control and subsequently, have Heinel crash into him.

Claytor is still pissed but sees Kazami following up, and decides to let Kazami pass him for more drama. Kaga is especially annoyed to see the series' hero approach and they both battle it out in the Zero Realm. Ultimately, Kaga's tires have worn out from so much stalling that Kazami is able to pass him. But Kaga has to play dirty for Shinjyo's sake and thus deliberately crashes into Asurada. Claytor is no doubt happy about all the developments, and moves to 2nd, rapidly closing the gap between him and the Samurai, who apparently developed gear problems.

All seems to be lost when in the final few laps, Claytor trails the Samurai by 0.5 seconds. Claytor has been toying with Shinjyo long before this race by playing with his emotions and creating false lies. He continues to play with Shinjyo until the final lap and corner. And now...the Zero Realm kicks in. Shinjyo hears all the cheering and gets Kaga's crucial advice to navigate the final narrow corner by entering from the inside and exiting on the outside of the final corner. In addition, the gear problem has miraculously been fixed at about this point*** and the Samurai edges the tip of his car to win the Asia GP!!!

Spoiler:

Question: What happened to www.protege.org ? It used to have info on the CF series. Is there a link to all this info on a new site URL? If someone could point me to this, I'd be very grateful. Thanks.
Old 2006-04-09, 12:53   Link #20
U<3Anime
Boo!

Shinjyo going through zero realm was totally unexpected.....lol