1.domon and rain
2.garrod and tifa
3.cammile and four
4.kira and flay
5.amuro,char,and lalah
Old 2006-01-14, 20:41   Link #2
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

since i dont care about these sidestories in gundam, ill just pick a random one from your list:

#4!
Old 2006-01-14, 20:42   Link #3
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Kira and Athrun.
Old 2006-01-14, 20:47   Link #4
thedonkiluminati

They all suck
Old 2006-01-14, 20:59   Link #5
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Loran, Diana, Sochie, Kihel, Harry
Old 2006-01-14, 21:00   Link #6
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Gundam is about war drama, death, destruction, the stupdity of humans etc. So most of the "love" story are underdeveloped to say the least. That said, I say Amuro, Char and Lalah simply because it stayed true to the gundam formula, all three suffered, Amuro and Char suffered the most of all the newtypes and all three are dead.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-01-14, 21:12   Link #7
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Thankyou

I now have a very bad mental image of a Char X Amuro X Lallah scene in my head, and Lallah isn't the center of attention.

MEIN EYES, THE GOGGLES, THEY DO NOTHING
Old 2006-01-14, 21:54   Link #8
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Jerid and ...everyone else he's been with.
Old 2006-01-14, 22:23   Link #9
idofgrahf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Thankyou

I now have a very bad mental image of a Char X Amuro X Lallah scene in my head, and Lallah isn't the center of attention.

MEIN EYES, THE GOGGLES, THEY DO NOTHING
lol, it would be funny. But really the "love" trangale lasted no more then 3 eps in MSG before one of those three kicks the bucket and the other two hated each other for what 14 years and probably beyond, as i'm sure Char's atoms and Amuro's atoms doesn't get along floating in space and will try to kick the crap out of each other.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-01-15, 00:44   Link #10
dreammmatt

Amuro-Lalla-Char wasnt really a "love" story... The relationship between the characters was powerful and tragic, yes, but rather than say they were "in love" I would say they were deeply emotionally "attached" and basically obsessed.

Camille-Four is similar, two NewTypes that become extremely emotionally connected (thats what newtypes do afterall), but I think it was closer to love than Amuro-Char-Lallah.

Garrod-Tifa was puppy love, but I think it was the closest to actual love.

Kira-Fllay...well, Fllay was a wh0r3 so that doesnt count as a love story at all...

And I've yet to watch G Gundam, so I cant comment on Domon and Rain

I personally liked the relationships in Turn-A.
Spoiler:

Last edited by dreammmatt; 2006-01-15 at 00:57.
Old 2006-01-15, 02:50   Link #11
polar720

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
Gundam is about war drama, death, destruction, the stupdity of humans etc. So most of the "love" story are underdeveloped to say the least. That said, I say Amuro, Char and Lalah simply because it stayed true to the gundam formula, all three suffered, Amuro and Char suffered the most of all the newtypes and all three are dead.
I don`t think Amuro nor Char suffered nearly as much as Kamille did. But I agree with the AmuroXCharXLalah as the best relationship in Gundam.
Old 2006-01-15, 03:15   Link #12
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Kira Yamato Flay Allster
Garrod Ran Tiffa Adill
and
Shiro Amada Aina Sakhalin

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-01-15, 06:14   Link #13
idofgrahf

Quote:
Originally Posted by polar720
I don`t think Amuro nor Char suffered nearly as much as Kamille did. But I agree with the AmuroXCharXLalah as the best relationship in Gundam.
We don't know what happened to Kamille after his running in the field at the end of ZZ. He did lose a lot of friends and both of his parents and the likes, but so did Char and Amuro. Both of Char's parents were killed or dead, many of his subordinates were killed in the wars, lost lalah, his sister isn't that fond of him etc. Amuro's father went insane, or dead depending on if you watch the movie or not, he certainly wasn't on good terms with his mom, many of his subordinatesand friends also died in the wars he fought in, lost lalah as well. Plus Amuro and Char both fought in more wars and battles then Kamille did, that in of itself is suffering since neither likes to fight. Not to mention that they died. So all in all, I say Amuro and Char suffered just as much as Kamille if not more so, but then again Tomino seems to love to make all his newtypes suffer some what.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-01-15, 09:39   Link #14
Hotaru
Miraioh

Kira and Fllay: Fllay survived for over 49 episodes, then OMGWTF got vaporised dramatically. Simply because Lacus took over Kira didn't mean the other love rival needed to be disappeared, damn you Fukuda! Also she couldn't be miraculously revived like uncle Mu.
Old 2006-01-15, 10:56   Link #15
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Mu should have stayed dead, Flay AND Lacus should have died, Athrun should have died, Kuzzy needs to die, And Kira, without a doubt, needs to die.
Old 2006-01-15, 11:35   Link #16
J_Ridden
Grunt Deluxe

And Cagalli too, and the all crew of the AA along with the ship... So that the old cast wouldn't have appeared in Destiny... That's pretty radical but isn't that what everybody wishes?

Back to topic: it's not really a couple, but I liked the potential love story between Bernie and Christina.
Old 2006-01-15, 15:19   Link #17
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

The brief relationship between Amuro and Sayla would've made things pretty interesting for his conflicts with Char if they stayed together instead of being just close friends.
Old 2006-01-15, 16:17   Link #18
4Tran

Here's my quick critique of most of the Gundam couples:

UC Gundam
All the relationships suck, with the possible exception of Aina and Shiro. Of the rest, the most interesting one is Amuro and Chan (!).

Gundam Wing
The most compelling relationship is Dorothy's love affair with herself.

Gundam X
Tifa and Garrod are a cute couple, even if Garrod is sort of hopeless (incorrigible?).
The relationship between Ennil and Toniya is sort of interesting as well.

Turn A
Of all the couples in Gundam, the most compelling one to explore is Loran and Dianna.

Gundam Seed/Destiny
The most interesting couple (in terms of their relationship) is Athrun and Cagalli.
The most interesting character study (in terms of interaction) is Kira and Fllay.
Old 2006-01-15, 16:33   Link #19
Headspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkiluminati
They all suck

indeed gundam dosen't do well in the romance dept. The only exeption would be Athrun/Cagalli. That was really interesting though confusing cause I thought she would be paired with Kira for a while
Old 2006-01-16, 03:45   Link #20
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Kira and Fllay.

Why is there no Heero and Relena?

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Closed Thread