AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-07-28, 09:59   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 458 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 10:06   Link #2
itachi29al

Spoiler for Confimered spoiler:

Spoiler for a differen version to the same:

wow, just a lot of talkin
Old 2009-07-28, 10:25   Link #3
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
Spoiler for Confimered spoiler:
Well, I doubt as Mizukage, Madara would look like himself. Or, maybe, based on what Godaime Mizukage said, maybe he was just controlling the 4th to such an extent that Kisame would call them one and the same. Maybe Mizukage knows more about Madara than she's putting on, and isn't indulging the details in the interest of her country?
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 11:02   Link #4
james0246

Interesting. So are the Kage talking about Madara's Akatsuki when they descibe them as being "advisors" or are they still talking about Pain/Nagato's Akatsuki?

Also, it is nice to know that others could control the Bijuu, even if it is unclear how they did it (was the 4th Mizukage Madara? Does Kirabi control the Bujuu independent of him being a Jinchuuriki?).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 11:52   Link #5
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Interesting. So are the Kage talking about Madara's Akatsuki when they descibe them as being "advisors" or are they still talking about Pain/Nagato's Akatsuki?

Also, it is nice to know that others could control the Bijuu, even if it is unclear how they did it (was the 4th Mizukage Madara? Does Kirabi control the Bujuu independent of him being a Jinchuuriki?).

That may actually explain his good relations with the bijuu within if he was somehow able to manipulate it's feelings towards him.
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 11:59   Link #6
X_Danny_X

what is up with Kishi and th Sharingan, in every arc, there has been a new character popping up with them or pwning someone with it.

now Danzou has one and somewhat looking to restore his old self, i wonder if its to get his other Sharingan eye, wouldn't surprise.

this chapter went like i expected, alot of talk.
Old 2009-07-28, 12:41   Link #7
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
That may actually explain his good relations with the bijuu within if he was somehow able to manipulate it's feelings towards him.
That's what I was thinking. This could very well be the reason that Kirabi was chosen to be a Jinchuuriki.

Whatever the case, I think this will probably be the death bell for those hoping for Kirabi to teach Naruto how to utilize his Bijuu. If the power is somehow unique to Kirabi, then it probably can't be taught, or if it is a power unique to a Jinchuuriki of the Hachibi, then it probably cannot be learned. Either way, this route does not appear to be the way for Naruto to gain control of his inner beast.
Old 2009-07-28, 13:09   Link #8
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

This spoiler just pushes the 4th Mizukage = Madara since all the facts fit together:
The graduation exam of blood mist is similar to the requirements to get the mangekyou sharingan
Madara was known to Kisame as the former mizukage meaning that Madara was either a retired Mizukage or the Mizukage during the time of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of Blood Mist
Due to the Fourth Mizukage's ways Kirigakure is a bit isolated (similar to how the Uchiha were isolated due to Madara)
People with bloodlines were wiped out and since Madara has the sharingan he might of ordered this hoping there would be no one else with a bloodline that could stop him like the First did using his Mokuton
Strong and ruthless army that could not be beaten easily similar to the Uchihas

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 13:31   Link #9
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
wow, just a lot of talkin
At least it is relevant and it moves the plot even more.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 13:40   Link #10
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
At least it is relevant and it moves the plot even more.
...and there is no one begging and crying on the floor/ground...yet. (I can just see Naruto jumping into the discussion next chapter, yelling and screaming, and then falling to the ground and asking to lick the Raikage's shoes all the while saying that "Violence is bad, Mmkay.")
Old 2009-07-28, 13:46   Link #11
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Whew!
Other people can control Bijuu's too.
That rules out Naruto getting a sharingan to control his. Doesn't mean Kishi doesn't give him one anyway.
Killerbee is going to teach how to control it, i bet you.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 13:49   Link #12
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Whew!
Other people can control Bijuu's too.
That rules out Naruto getting a sharingan to control his. Doesn't mean Kishi doesn't give him one anyway.
Killerbee is going to teach how to control it, i bet you.
Except, since Yugito never had any real control over her's, and she lived for near 30 years in the same village as Kirabi, it seems unlikely that the skill could have been taught, or else why wouldn't Kirabi have taught Yugito?
Old 2009-07-28, 13:51   Link #13
JustRob

Quote:
Except, since Yugito never had any real control over her's, and she lived for near 30 years in the same village as Kirabi, it seems unlikely that the skill could have been taught, or else why wouldn't Kirabi have taught Yugito?
Do we know Yugito couldn't control her bijuu?
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 13:51   Link #14
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Did you notice how she could go 2 tails on will and still retain control the only person with no real control so far over their bijuu is Naruto and that is because his bijuu has the most chakra, intelligence and pride.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 14:08   Link #15
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Did you notice how she could go 2 tails on will and still retain control the only person with no real control so far over their bijuu is Naruto and that is because his bijuu has the most chakra, intelligence and pride.
Except when he says 'Stupid fox, give me some of your chakra!'
Old 2009-07-28, 14:08   Link #16
james0246

@JustRob and Cyb: She turned into a miniture 2-Tails, not the full 2-Tails (this was all revealed in the data book, mind you, not the manga). In other words, she was using a Bijuu Shroud (like Gaara, Naruto, and Kirabi). But, you are correct that she "let the cat out" (so to say), but she was stated as having control over the chakra itself (somehow...maybe this wis what Kirabi taught her? If it is, I stand corrected.). Whatever the case, she did not have complete control over the actual 2-Tail like Kirabi has been shown to posses.

In regards to this chapter, just how bad are these Kage or these Samurai that they do not notice Sasuke and the gang (who appear to be listening in on everything)? I can understand Zetsu and partially Karin, but Juugo, Suigetsu and Sasuke?
Old 2009-07-28, 14:17   Link #17
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
In regards to this chapter, just how bad are these Kage or these Samurai that they do not notice Sasuke and the gang (who appear to be listening in on everything)? I can understand Zetsu and partially Karin, but Juugo, Suigetsu and Sasuke?
I was wondering the same thing at the end of last chapter; I find it hard to believe that they don't notice. Maybe they know and that's why they didn't (unless the spoilers missed something) say anything about Sasuke specifically, and will take impending action against them any minute.
Old 2009-07-28, 14:24   Link #18
JustRob

Quote:
@JustRob and Cyb: She turned into a miniture 2-Tails, not the full 2-Tails (this was all revealed in the data book, mind you, not the manga). In other words, she was using a Bijuu Shroud (like Gaara, Naruto, and Kirabi). But, you are correct that she "let the cat out" (so to say), but she was stated as having control over the chakra itself (somehow...maybe this wis what Kirabi taught her? If it is, I stand corrected.). Whatever the case, she did not have complete control over the actual 2-Tail like Kirabi has been shown to posses.

Then he could still teach Naruto something. Naruto can control up to three tails, with some tips and training he might be able to master four tails or more and keep control. Imagine how sweet that would be.

Also, yeah I think the Kages already know. But you know Kishi loves his lil boy Sasuke, so you never know. And it's a manga, it doesn't have to make sense. However I think they already know and in two or three chapters, hell is gonna break loose.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 14:24   Link #19
Rahan

Actually, the databook says she can control her transformation into the cat at will thanks to her harsh training.

I don't see how it's different from what we saw of Bee.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 14:24   Link #20
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
...and there is no one begging and crying on the floor/ground...yet. (I can just see Naruto jumping into the discussion next chapter, yelling and screaming, and then falling to the ground and asking to lick the Raikage's shoes all the while saying that "Violence is bad, Mmkay.")
Well that's more believable then crashin in and screaming "JOIN MY NAKAMA" in a race for peace and then Rakaige saying "YEAH SURE, WHY NOT." Not gonna happen, The characters in Naruto actually have alot of depth, motivation and intellgience than that [As we saw last chapter]. Naruto's approach was respectable and it made sense.

And I totally beleive that Naruto won't be doing what you assume he will be doing.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote