AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 34 40.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 11.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.19%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-19, 10:55   Link #81
klare

i am touched by the supporters of Nakanon, they are real fans
Old 2010-11-19, 11:17   Link #82
tsunade666

I'm not into rock star.

I was disturb by the old guy cheering for kanon. The one with antenna and heart marks I think in the face.
Old 2010-11-19, 13:22   Link #83
SageGaiGar
You are Next

If they can figure any way to get the funds for more seasons I'm for it as long as they stick around the manga's formula.

I think he went the best route in the end, particularly so she can stand on her own two feet.
Old 2010-11-19, 13:35   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Nope. The week after, at the earliest. Next week is another non-capture story that focuses on Elsie. It's a fun one.
Oh, I don't mind waiting a bit more then. Elsie is always a lot of fun.
Old 2010-11-19, 18:23   Link #85
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh, I don't mind waiting a bit more then. Elsie is always a lot of fun.
It is kinda funny that she is 300 years old and still behaves like a complete dojikko.

Spoiler for spoiler:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-11-19, 18:39   Link #86
pampz21
ShipCore

ben ben???
I thought Kanon was supposed to say that and lolx
Keima didn't really choke and just wanna say ben ben

EDIT: I thought that Kanon arc is the capture that Keima really bonded!
any in poll Kanon goes 4th place but for me she my # 1

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-11-19, 19:15   Link #87
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
If they can figure any way to get the funds for more seasons I'm for it as long as they stick around the manga's formula.

I think he went the best route in the end, particularly so she can stand on her own two feet.
I agree, the manga so far (on chapter 84 after blitzing it for 4 hours in 2 days) is actually getting me more, and more addicted to this. So if they move on to a season 2, even a season 3, it will all be good as long as they stay to the manga (if they don't have enough info to make into a full episode, it's acceptable then to make some fillers)

I agree.
Old 2010-11-20, 02:32   Link #88
tsunade666

but their is no reason to use fillers because there's lots of materials to be used. Plus they are not doing it on a straight way. More like they take a break for a season and resume next season.

Like this 1st season of fall 2010 then 2nd season spring 2011

how's the ranking for kaminomi and the sales? is it doing good to clear a possible 3rd season for fall 2011 or another season on 2012?
Old 2010-11-20, 11:32   Link #89
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but their is no reason to use fillers because there's lots of materials to be used. Plus they are not doing it on a straight way. More like they take a break for a season and resume next season.

Like this 1st season of fall 2010 then 2nd season spring 2011
That's exactly how they're doing it.
Old 2010-11-20, 15:46   Link #90
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
That's exactly how they're doing it.
And it's the proper way to do it too. If only all the other failed adaptations followed the same convention.
Old 2010-11-20, 16:46   Link #91
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
i am touched by the supporters of Nakanon, they are real fans
same here
I really loved the second stage with clap ^^...
Old 2010-11-20, 20:29   Link #92
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

A well done clonclusion to the great Kanon arc!

The flashback from her time at Citron explains it well. They'd all dreamed that one day, they would be able to play in the great hall. Now that she has finally managed to do just that, she feels a little guilty that only she alone made it, and the other two can't partake in it. She's also got a bit of stage fright, because it's the first timefor her that she's singing in such a great hall. The loose soul then takes all her fears, worries and doubts and magnifies them a huge deal, so she's consumed by them and turns invisible

Keima then starts looking for her, but has to realise that it's not as easy as in his games, where you only have a quite limited amount of places to search. In the real world, searching around without a good plan will get you nowhere.
This time it's Elsie who saves the day, by having the idea to look for Kanon with her loose-soul-detector. Knowing from it that Kanon is close by, Keima examines the area more closely and finds her.

In his talk with her, he can convince Kanon to not depend on others so much anymore, and to more rely on herself, so she can give her concert in the great hall, and gets a kiss as thank-you (to which he replies with a deep blush).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Is it me or was Kanon the first girl to visibly effect Keima?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
He blushes a little more to Kanon then any other girls
I also noticed that Keima blushed clearly more with Kanon than with the other girls. I think that was not only due to Kanon being so very cute, but also that he's finally warming up to 3D girls and is thus starting to show more emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm surprised that this episode isn't more well-received. I can understand initial dislike at Kanon's character, but her backstory and psyche is so well-developed and fleshed out, I'm surprised that more people weren't eventually won over by her.
Same here, that's what surprised me a lot as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Also, it's nice to see Keima's more tender side come out. I also think that helps to show that there's a tragic and very sympathetic element to his character, one which might be of later importance thematically. He goes through the process of helping all these different girls, and basically entering into short romances with them, and yet he has to say goodbye to all of them. I don't care how cold or cool a person is; that has to start wearing away at you emotionally, over time.
It would be really odd if he was doing all this and stayed an emotional ice block all the way through. As we see though, his ice is melting now, and he even changed his long-held opinion of idols over it now. His ice will probably thaw even more with the girls to come.

Overall, great episode, with the very enjoyable songs being the icing on the cake. 10/10
Old 2010-11-20, 22:35   Link #93
ThePowerOfScience

I like this episode but I wasn't entirely satisfied, so i gave this episode a 9
Old 2010-11-20, 23:00   Link #94
mouhitori

While the story didn't really have any further twist and the resolution is by far the simplest so far, for some strange reason I enjoyed this arc the most. I guess stretching the story to 3 episodes actually worked better for me, since you get to know the troubled girl longer.

The song at the concert also felt a lot more enjoyable compared to the private performance for Keima. While the second song is identical, Kanon's loosening up prior to the concert makes all the difference.
Old 2010-11-20, 23:14   Link #95
tsunade666

Quote:
I also noticed that Keima blushed clearly more with Kanon than with the other girls. I think that was not only due to Kanon being so very cute, but also that he's finally warming up to 3D girls and is thus starting to show more emotions.
I didn't notice because anime Kami keeps blushing again and again when it comes in contact with the girls in 3D world. And I can't even tell now if his over sensitive, conscious or just shy out due to the girls epic cuteness that even the god of games can be swayed.

Quote:
It would be really odd if he was doing all this and stayed an emotional ice block all the way through.
It would surely be odd. Slowly but surely Kami is being aware of the charm of the 3D girls but I think it's also due to Elsie. Thanks to her dragging kami here and there and becoming acquainted with the cute girls of 3D and him conquering them. His heart that only leans on 2D are surely melting BUT. When he plays a game he forgets everything and return to zero state -_-
Old 2010-11-20, 23:20   Link #96
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Slowly but surely Kami is being aware of the charm of the 3D girls but I think it's also due to Elsie. Thanks to her dragging kami here and there and becoming acquainted with the cute girls of 3D and him conquering them.
True true. But from another angle, he really appreciates Elsie because he can mostly dedicate his time to the 2D world without too troubling interruptions when with her as Elsie doesn't mind him playing games.
Old 2010-11-20, 23:45   Link #97
tsunade666

Well Elsie is the only one that can provide Kami peaceful times. Among all the girls kami would encounter.

Elsie type of chara isn't just high maintenance compared to other type of characters.
Old 2010-11-21, 00:06   Link #98
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'm a bit late to watch the episode this week due to various things, but I want to say that I found the pacing of this episode and the arc by extension to be really quite good, and way better than the first two arcs -- which I quite liked, but felt really crammed/rushed in comparison. It feels like the show is "settling down" a bit, and the more leisurely pace really brings out the characters and situations more. Starting the concert with the ballad (where the words were extremely a propos) was a really nice touch, and even Happy Crescent's lyrics made sense in the context of the episode. The "D.S." (pointing back to last episode's segno) and "fine" were really nice musical touches again. Also, the BGM was really great (even if a few times it felt almost a bit too much for the scene, despite being lovely). I felt like, with this episode, the show was finally starting to find its way. I've noticed that a lot of the concern expressed was from manga readers who either a) didn't like Kanon or b) are eager for them to adapt future content, but as an anime-only viewer I can only say that it feels as though the show is improving. It sort of felt to me like it's becoming less of a manga adapted to TV, and more of a full-fledged TV show in its own right... if that makes any sense.

But that said (mod hat goes on)... I'm a bit cross with the manga readers in this thread for the amount of spoilers and hints I've had to delete or edit out. I want to ask for everyone's help again to keep all future event hints, knowledge, or spoilers out of this thread, and to report any and everything you see that breaks that rule. As someone who knows the source material for other shows currently airing, I know how tempting it is, but please try to restrict yourself only to the episode at hand.
Old 2010-11-21, 02:03   Link #99
tsunade666

I also like they start with a romantic song first then a lively one that pulls the audience into you. First a silent and heart felt song then a shocker that would full drive hear energy but I haven't been in a real concert for the entirety of my life.

Is the real concert like that? if it is, going into one wouldn't be bad but maybe on other countries. I don't like the artist on my home country to bother myself to attend on their concert.

Kanon also insert gaps to hype the audience while singing the happy crescent. I really like that song.
Old 2010-11-21, 05:23   Link #100
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I'm a bit late to watch the episode this week due to various things, but I want to say that I found the pacing of this episode and the arc by extension to be really quite good, and way better than the first two arcs -- which I quite liked, but felt really crammed/rushed in comparison. It feels like the show is "settling down" a bit, and the more leisurely pace really brings out the characters and situations more. Starting the concert with the ballad (where the words were extremely a propos) was a really nice touch, and even Happy Crescent's lyrics made sense in the context of the episode. The "D.S." (pointing back to last episode's segno) and "fine" were really nice musical touches again. Also, the BGM was really great (even if a few times it felt almost a bit too much for the scene, despite being lovely). I felt like, with this episode, the show was finally starting to find its way. I've noticed that a lot of the concern expressed was from manga readers who either a) didn't like Kanon or b) are eager for them to adapt future content, but as an anime-only viewer I can only say that it feels as though the show is improving. It sort of felt to me like it's becoming less of a manga adapted to TV, and more of a full-fledged TV show in its own right... if that makes any sense.
As another anime-only viewer, I strongly agree with you here. I also feel like the show is improving. Due to how quickly this anime moved through the first two girls, it had felt somewhat episodic to me. I much prefer this arc approach, where the girl is given some time to develop and grow on you. I start to see her more as an important character in her own right, and not just the latest struggle for Keima to overcome. For me, that makes these "captures" more meaningful and rewarding, as I'm no longer just interested in finding out how Keima achieves them, since I also start to care for the girl corrupted by the loose soul and am happy for her once Keima frees her from it.