Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-08-24, 02:47   Link #101
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
for example Danzou could cast his genjutsu on the samurai leader even without removing the bandages, while Kakashi always removes his mask when using his sharingan, also it was shown how Tobi removes the part of the mask that covered the other eye which in retrospective made it clear that he began using izanagi just then.
I can't make out whether you're aware of this or not, but being able to hypnotize people without making eye contact has been stated to be Shisui's special ability.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 10:44   Link #102
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
IIRC she didn't really tell him about the 10 minutes, but just thought it to herself.

However, was it ever stated, where this supposed timelimit come from, or was it even confirmed by Tobi himself?
No, she verbally told him in a speech bubble, "I prepared all of these... all six hundred billion explosive tags to kill you! Enough for ten minutes of non-stop explosions!"

Konan noticed the five-minute limitation on Tobi's ability by observing him for years and thought it to herself during that chapter. Tobi never verbally confirmed it, but the fact that he had to use Izanagi to survive Konan's jutsu would at the very least confirm that he has a time limit shorter than ten minutes.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 12:58   Link #103
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Konan noticed the five-minute limitation on Tobi's ability by observing him for years and thought it to herself during that chapter. Tobi never verbally confirmed it, but the fact that he had to use Izanagi to survive Konan's jutsu would at the very least confirm that he has a time limit shorter than ten minutes.
I think it's safe to say that it's confirmed albeit a stupid and arbitrary limit. What I would like to know is what tobi and konan et al were doing that required tobi to be phasing for 5 minutes straight in the first place... he's obviously never fought anyone stronger than naruto right now and we've seen him easily take control of the kyuubi so what in the world could possibly make him have to phase for so long? (aside form konan's trap which was based on that knowledge)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 13:05   Link #104
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I think it's safe to say that it's confirmed albeit a stupid and arbitrary limit. What I would like to know is what tobi and konan et al were doing that required tobi to be phasing for 5 minutes straight in the first place... he's obviously never fought anyone stronger than naruto right now and we've seen him easily take control of the kyuubi so what in the world could possibly make him have to phase for so long? (aside form konan's trap which was based on that knowledge)
Perhaps when Akatsuki bound the Gedo Mazo? They had it in shackles for a long while as I recall.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 15:30   Link #105
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I can't make out whether you're aware of this or not, but being able to hypnotize people without making eye contact has been stated to be Shisui's special ability.
I didn't remember that, so that means when we are not told that, it's safe to assume that removing a mask is required to perform the jutsu. That is, it's safe to assume that Tobi removed part of his mask covering his other eye to perform the izanagi (that was the key point in the argument about kamui and MS).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 15:34   Link #106
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I didn't remember that, so that means when we are not told that, it's safe to assume that removing a mask is required to perform the jutsu. That is, it's safe to assume that Tobi removed part of his mask covering his other eye to perform the izanagi (that was the key point in the argument about kamui and MS).
not sure what the beginning of your statement means, but eye contact is not required for shisui's genjutsu. and revealing the eye is required for izanagi. thats why danzo took his bandage off in the end of the sasuke fight, because he was debating whether to use it for shisui's genjutsu or for izanagi one last time. he needed it uncovered in case he chose izanagi. everytime we have seen izanagi, the user made it a point to reveal their sharingan
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 15:37   Link #107
Kowai

I am confused... Shisui had the power to control people so who was controlling the third mizukage yagura?

Danzo took 1 of shisui's eyes and itachi had the other.

So was shisui, danzo, or itachi controlling yagura? Or is it just assumed that another uchiha (different set of eyes) could have been doing the MC?
Old 2012-08-24, 15:56   Link #108
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
not sure what the beginning of your statement means, but eye contact is not required for shisui's genjutsu. and revealing the eye is required for izanagi. thats why danzo took his bandage off in the end of the sasuke fight, because he was debating whether to use it for shisui's genjutsu or for izanagi one last time. he needed it uncovered in case he chose izanagi. everytime we have seen izanagi, the user made it a point to reveal their sharingan
I used the fact that Danzou was controlling the samurai without having direct eye contact as an example against my own explanation of Tobi having to remove part of his mask to activate the izanagi when fighting against Konan. But as it turns out it was explained why Danzou didn't have to remove the bandages off his eye
Determining the exact time of when Tobi started the izanagi was important because it also means that before that he had to use kamui to survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowai View Post
I am confused... Shisui had the power to control people so who was controlling the third mizukage yagura?
Why do you think that out of all the Uchiha only Shisui's eyes were able to control people? Tobi has hundreds of sharingan eyes, so who knows maybe he is able to learn and use the secret abilities that lie within those eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darry View Post
no he has a face
Maybe he can change his face to any face he wants. I would not be surprised if in the next chapter he changed his face to look like Obito ( Kishimoto's ultimate trolling ) just to weaken Kakashi's fighting ability. Then he would begin changing his face to whatever he wants, to Rin, to Minato, etc. That would also support his statement that he is no one.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 16:00   Link #109
Sasukemaru
Banned

Tobi was controlling the mizukage....duh

All sharingans can hypnotise, shishui's hypnotism was just more advanced.
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 16:56   Link #110
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Hypnosis has always been one of the base abilities of any Sharingan. Being able to do it without making eye contact was Shisui's unique ability.
Old 2012-08-24, 19:28   Link #111
b1gdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
Tobi was controlling the mizukage....duh

All sharingans can hypnotise, shishui's hypnotism was just more advanced.
I'm pretty sure it was Madara who was controlling the Mizukage, not Tobi. Madara was the one who recruited Kisame, not Tobi. I think anyway
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 20:41   Link #112
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdawg View Post
I'm pretty sure it was Madara who was controlling the Mizukage, not Tobi. Madara was the one who recruited Kisame, not Tobi. I think anyway
But then again Kisame recognized Tobi as the Mizukage so yea...take that for what it's worth
Old 2012-08-24, 22:01   Link #113
strategos

My theory is that Tobi is the hate and pain of all the Ushiha. It somehow connected together and formed Tobi. Another thing could be is that every time a Ushiha die, their powers bottles ups somewhere.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 02:02   Link #114
MeroBAKA

I wish that the next chapter is about the circumstances of Rin's death and we see the face of Tobi and the chapter after is the explanation about who Tobi is. haha

I am a little confused about the revelation of Tobi's face. By looking at it Naruto will not know who Tobi is, if he is Izuna or a grown-up Obito (or someone else he is not supposed to know). From the chapter 563 when he tries to break the mask with his head, it seems that Naruto's purpose to discover the face will reveal to him who Tobi is and the amazing last 4 pages of this chapter is no exception (kudos to the person that discovered the similarities with the scene with Haku). I can already see the dialogues "Oh, you are someone I don't know."
MeroBAKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 03:06   Link #115
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

tobi is slenderman
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 10:50   Link #116
prakash123

guys have u ever gave it a thought that tobi might actually be no one in particular
just some random guy or uchiha or senju or uzumaki(who knows) who happen to chance upon obitos eye and some very crucial info and history?just saying
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 11:40   Link #117
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That's my favorite theory actually.
Old 2012-08-25, 15:27   Link #118
GDB

Problem with that is that it makes all the build-up a complete let down. When you want sales, you generally try not to disappoint your readers on purpose.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 17:01   Link #119
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Disappoint? I think it's a really cool maneuver. It teaches you to not just plainly assume things just because you think you have all the clues, when all you really have is a few random facts.
Old 2012-08-25, 20:12   Link #120
GDB

A mystery is meant to be solved. If it is unable to be solved, then it is not a mystery, it's merely a question you wait to be answered. And since its been built up as a mystery...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion