AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-09, 01:48   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 666 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

And so after two breaks in a row, we're back on track! We've got T and CCC from AP forums for providing the summary and translation for this week's curiously-numbered chapter:

-Chapter title is "YETI COOL BROTHERS". Ministory features Bon Clay, who not only survived his encounter with Magellan, but is now the new okama queen of level 5.5!

-Caesar's servants arrive to collect the comatose Zoro group. They ask the Yeti brothers if they killed their victims, and the brothers reply that they wouldn't have been sent out in the first place if killing were a problem. They then make Luffy's group their next targets.....

-At CC's lab, the master himself receives the news of the apparent death of Zoro's group. Money says she knows of the connection between Luffy and Law, and this makes CC suspicious. However, the warlord denies the accusations, and CC apologizes. Law then learns of the drugged candy that was fed to the kids, and is disgusted. CC just says that Law is too troublesome to deal with.

-Chopper's group gets attacked. Nami asks Brownbeard who the new enemies are, but he says he doesn't know much. Incidentally, he pretty much spills the beans on the yeti brothers (to make a long story short, they're two huge, furry giants named Lock and Scotch, have very small voices, and come from an unknown snow country). The brothers then announce that Brownbeard's on their hit list as well, as he's too incompetent. As the former pirate gets assaulted by their bazooka-like guns, Luffy's group hears the commotion and comes back. The supernova gets shot at as well, but he counter-attacks them. The brothers then vanish, but it's soon revealed that they kidnapped Nami (in Franky's body)! It would seem that CC has taken an interest in Vegapunk's laser technology.....

-Back at the lab, Law is about to exit the place when one of the servants asks where he's going. The shichibukai replies that he'll go wherever he wants to, and starts assaulting the servants.....

Man, things are just getting crazier and crazier! So it looks like the yeti brothers are stealth-based fighters (I doubt they really killed Zoro's group, though). And already Law has betrayed his partner in crime. Though that begs the question of what exactly he plans to do from this point onward.....

And heh, I knew ol' Bentham survived! Though I figured that he'd bust out of prison rather than remain there as the new okama queen. Well, maybe he'll bust out at a later date. Anyways, can't wait for the full release!
Old 2012-05-09, 02:28   Link #2
Jouten

Man so much happens!
The Yeti bros actually really are a big deal, just as CC said. Of course Zoro and co are not dead, but why would they lie? I don't understand. Well I'm relieved they didn't just leave them behind like it appeared at first, because it didn't make sense.

CC seems to be rather the subordinate of Law not the other way round , he's getting very suspicious.

And hooray for Bon-chan being alive! Didn't doubt it though. But I wonder how he escaped?
Old 2012-05-09, 02:53   Link #3
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Bon Clay probably escaped thanks to the mayhem caused by the Black Beard pirates. Seeing how Magellan was almost dead, Bon Clay probably could crawl out of the place even if he was injured.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-05-09, 03:09   Link #4
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

As exciting as the new chapter looks like...I'M JUST SO OVERJOYED BY BON-CHAN'S NEWS!
Old 2012-05-09, 03:13   Link #5
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

My, this is certainly a diabolical chapter we have this week.

I knew Bon Clay would be alright. I'm sure he's not going to try to escape Impel Down again though. He's probably gonna be in level 5.5 for the rest of his life. Suits him just fine.~

Doesn't seem like Law's at all pleased by having to to work with Caesar. I wonder though, is Law's disgust at the candy drugging just for the sake of professionalism as a doctor? Or does he actually have a certain degree of morality despite all the things he has done as a pirate?

This arc's turning out to be a lot more complex than I originally thought it would be. I mean it's not even a main stop in the New World.
Old 2012-05-09, 07:41   Link #6
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Doesn't seem like Law's at all pleased by having to to work with Caesar. I wonder though, is Law's disgust at the candy drugging just for the sake of professionalism as a doctor? Or does he actually have a certain degree of morality despite all the things he has done as a pirate?
Either way...Law is certainly not very pleased.

The Cool Brothers are actually interesting. To be that big yet be able to vanish even from Luffy's sight, a guy used to Gear Second speeds and with observation haki to boot. Plus, it's nice to see strong characters use guns effectively again, it's been all about the powers and DFs and such.
Old 2012-05-09, 07:51   Link #7
kiak666

Well, looks like Miss Happy Harpy here is possibly a Zoan (she is seen in human form as shown on the flashback). And is it me or is she wearing a different glasses than the one we saw her weared last time?
Old 2012-05-09, 08:04   Link #8
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-05-09, 08:09   Link #9
kiak666

You know, I kinda felt bad for Brownbeard when the poor guy learns that he's just an expendable pawn for CC. Do you think he died from the gunshot?
Old 2012-05-09, 08:15   Link #10
Riyuzakii

This may be weird, but i think law is gin from don kriegs
His status is unkown last time we saw him, maybe the secret relationship between luffy and law is that luffy fought for gin against don krieg, last time we saw gin was that he was poisoned and said that he would meet luffy on the grand lane.

Maybe the owner of hazard punk cured his poison, and thats why law (gin) helps luffy in a way

and when the guy mentions poisoning the kids law says he reminds him of someone else. I think he is referring to Don Krieg who poisoned his crew

Idk thats just my opinion :/
Old 2012-05-09, 08:16   Link #11
Homura7

Brownbeard joins Bellamy and Mr. 11.
Old 2012-05-09, 08:21   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I knew Bon-chan had survived! Awesome! Too bad he's still stuck in prison. I doubt escaping again is an option with Magellan still around.

I'm really confused about what happened to Zoro's group. There are no traces of gunshots around them, and they don't seem wounded. Furthermore, they're obviously not dead, so it's weird that the brother claim they are. I don't know what to think about this.
Old 2012-05-09, 09:14   Link #13
Rainbowman

This is a good surprise that ol' Bentham survived. The Yeti Brothers names being Lock and Scotch, any references? Law obviously has good reason not to trust Ceaser Clown.
Old 2012-05-09, 09:31   Link #14
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Awesome chapter, with probably the most important mini-story so far(?). So, CC blatantly spews his drug works, Law seems like he doesn't have a care in the world, supersized Nami gets kidnapped and Brownbeard is shot in the...beard! :O This yeti duo means srs business.

P.S: Law goes wherever he pleases
Old 2012-05-09, 09:32   Link #15
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quite a chapter!

So Law is just going along with CC because he's got plans of his own, and there's some government research on the island that he needs (looks like he actually became a Shichibukai in order to be able to search for it).

CC and Monet seem like long time partners to me - they talk like they know each other well, plus both of them are really fond of using their DF powers all the time (every other Zoan/Logia we've seen revert to their original body by default). It's likely that the Yeti brothers are also DF-powered, since they just disappeared from Luffy's sight...

Can't wait for the next chapter - hopefully, there's no break next week
Old 2012-05-09, 09:39   Link #16
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

For some reason after seeing her in full human form...I want Happy Harpy to join the crew even more D:
Old 2012-05-09, 09:46   Link #17
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Well, looks like Miss Happy Harpy here is possibly a Zoan (she is seen in human form as shown on the flashback).
Maybe, maybe not. With Law around, it could be that he replaced her arms and legs replaces with bird parts at her request
afterall, i might imagine it would be easier for her to handle a newspaper with hands instead of wings but she still has the wings; if she were a zoan she could shape change back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
The Yeti bros actually really are a big deal, just as CC said. Of course Zoro and co are not dead, but why would they lie? I don't understand.
Well they are long range fighters... could be that they blew up the group and just left them for dead. What's rather annoying though is that the group doesn't look like they were blown up or anything.
Old 2012-05-09, 09:48   Link #18
ronin myael
lost ronin

wow! this arc is getting more and more intriguing! the yeti brothers look promising. looks like they could give the straw hats a serious run for their money. for some reason their names lock and scotch remind me of this little movie called "lock, stock and two smoking barrels".

so monet is not just some subordinate eh? it seems as if she and ceasar clown might have planned this whole thing. law going about his business. i wonder what he's up to?
Old 2012-05-09, 09:56   Link #19
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

BTW...chapter 666 and we get to see Bon-chan again...iiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting!
Old 2012-05-09, 10:03   Link #20
yakumo-chan

I felt bad that Brown Beard died =(