Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-31, 03:08   Link #6201
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
A mistake is a mistake. It is wrong by definition. No one has to like a mistake. This isn't saying that mistakes are unforgivable; that's on the extreme side.

However, if the same mistake is being repeated, and multiple times at that, then it does become hard to forgive.

Haruto's indecisiveness can be one of these repeated mistakes. He started out spineless and didn't have the courage to confess directly to Nanami. That's fine, because this was the first time. He eventually musters up enough courage to confess to Nanami. This is supposed to show Haruto's growth of character.
However, once Nanami rejects him, he becomes indecisive again, this time towards Eba. Then, once again Haruto gets the courage he should have already had with his experience on Nanami to ask Eba out... at the least minute, when she is leaving Hiroshima.
Then, the setting changes to Tokyo. Haruto looks for Eba to set things straight on why she broke up with him. He's confident enough to reject Nanami and transfer schools in the middle of the year. However, once he meets Eba again, he has no idea what to do. Once he find out about Kazama's connection with Eba, he broods for a bit until someone else knocks some sense into him. Then, Haruto becomes brave at the last minute again to fight for Eba against Kazama.

Now, we have Haruto dating Asuka. He is confident once again. He knows where to draw the line. He refuses going to the mixer to be considerate towards his girlfriend, and he tells her the truth when he got in trouble with Shiori, another girl. Then Eba comes back and he's back to his indecisive self again.

Haruto needs to set his priorities straight. Most readers know that indecisiveness was a part of Haruto's character from the very beginning of the series. However, just when Haruto seems to get a little braver and show some character growth, he loses all of that growth again later. A character is supposed to be the summation of his motivation and experiences, but Haruto doesn't seem to be learning from his past at all. Watching a character stagnate is frustrating.
Very well put, excellent deduction.

But Haruto's indecisive nature could be the only thing keeping this manga going like this and making it last this long. And as you stated above, Haruto only become truly indecisive with someone he truly loves and wants to be with. If I am recalling it correctly, Haruto showed little indecisiveness towards Asuka if any and I kind of felt like it nearly came out of nowhere. He loved Nanami and was indecisive because of it but is no longer that way because he is now over her (sadly). He gradually fell in love with Eba and became indecisive towards her and when she pops back up, we see the old Eba and Haruto come back out.

Your comment above pointed out very good points that maybe Eba go from 90-99% to 100% of being the final girl.

(Nanami... at least give her some scene time! Geez, just have her make an appearance)

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 05:16   Link #6202
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgmcmg View Post

But Haruto's indecisive nature could be the only thing keeping this manga going like this and making it last this long. And as you stated above, Haruto only become truly indecisive with someone he truly loves and wants to be with. If I am recalling it correctly, Haruto showed little indecisiveness towards Asuka if any and I kind of felt like it nearly came out of nowhere. He loved Nanami and was indecisive because of it but is no longer that way because he is now over her (sadly). He gradually fell in love with Eba and became indecisive towards her and when she pops back up, we see the old Eba and Haruto come back out.

Your comment above pointed out very good points that maybe Eba go from 90-99% to 100% of being the final girl.

(Nanami... at least give her some scene time! Geez, just have her make an appearance)
didnt it feel that nanami stepped down?
author made her into a side char nao.... fffffuu
Old 2011-02-01, 06:01   Link #6203
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Spoiler for 122 raw:
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 10:54   Link #6204
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Spoiler for 122 raw:
haha the eba teams wins again

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
Old 2011-02-01, 10:55   Link #6205
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
didnt it feel that nanami stepped down?
author made her into a side char nao.... fffffuu
yes, I know she did but that still can't keep a man down!!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
Old 2011-02-01, 16:35   Link #6206
chinamen

Spoiler for 122:
chinamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 18:29   Link #6207
dadarksider

Quote:

first of all we all known that she was going to be the protagonist girl because the manga starts out with her and they also have many memories together being alone and spending time. Harutos' personality is just like yamoto from suzuka because yamotos' characteristic was insecure and indecisive. Because of that people around yamoto was deeply hurt like honeka but in the end he wondered back for the same girl that got him sprung the first time he seen her. So I think in the end of this manga the same thing is going to happen but it is going to take some time for haruto to figure that out.
dadarksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 18:31   Link #6208
dadarksider

i was making a connection to you "cmgmcmg"
Old 2011-02-01, 18:43   Link #6209
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadarksider View Post
first of all we all known that she was going to be the protagonist girl because the manga starts out with her and they also have many memories together being alone and spending time. Harutos' personality is just like yamoto from suzuka because yamotos' characteristic was insecure and indecisive. Because of that people around yamoto was deeply hurt like honeka but in the end he wondered back for the same girl that got him sprung the first time he seen her. So I think in the end of this manga the same thing is going to happen but it is going to take some time for haruto to figure that out.
Yeah he should impregnate Eba after first stick in and then die in a car accident like a true shounen hero. That would make her meet a destiny she made for herself. Karma is a bitch after all.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 18:45   Link #6210
Dorsai

I come back after few months and read it again... This way of reading manga is the best... I hate waiting 1 week all time ;p

Quote:
Haruto needs to set his priorities straight. Most readers know that indecisiveness was a part of Haruto's character from the very beginning of the series. However, just when Haruto seems to get a little braver and show some character growth, he loses all of that growth again later. A character is supposed to be the summation of his motivation and experiences, but Haruto doesn't seem to be learning from his past at all. Watching a character stagnate is frustrating.
He will grow and end his indecisiveness in the end of manga... If he will end it earlier then it will be nothing more to write ;p

Good summary, like always Shadow5YA... Its good to see that some old forum users still read this manga

KLGChaos tell me one thing... Who gives you right to decide what is right and what is wrong in death/life situations (about Tokio arc)? Just who you are?

Last edited by Dorsai; 2011-02-01 at 19:06.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 19:38   Link #6211
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
i was making a connection to you "cmgmcmg"
Now I've never read Suzuka (I plan and need to) so when you were making a connection, did you imply that Nanami/Asuka will make a come back like Tsukasa in Ichigo 100% or are you saying Eba will be the final since it's obvious?

Maybe I should pick up Suzuka over the weekend...

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
Old 2011-02-01, 20:15   Link #6212
dadarksider

Quote:
Now I've never read Suzuka (I plan and need to) so when you were making a connection, did you imply that Nanami/Asuka will make a come back like Tsukasa in Ichigo 100% or are you saying Eba will be the final since it's obvious?

Maybe I should pick up Suzuka over the weekend...
[removed] And no i was thinking that nanami moved on with her life she seems confident and forgot about her past. For Asuka its going to be hard when she find out that haruto no longer "LIKES" her just like nishino in the end she is gonna move on too with her life. So my point is Eba will be the girl. But I also think it will be great if something tragic happened to Eba and when he goes running back to her and making Asuka that she is no longer in his heart or something like that. I personally think it would be great.

Last edited by monir; 2011-02-02 at 11:56.
Old 2011-02-01, 20:17   Link #6213
dadarksider

making Asuka realized*
Old 2011-02-01, 20:17   Link #6214
ZeKeR
Superbad

dammit seo! MAKE IT INTO A HAREM LIEK PRINCESS LUCIA! NAO.

also, inb4 rin owns asuka yet again...
but prolly haruto has a fetish for

DAT ASS
Old 2011-02-01, 20:26   Link #6215
dadarksider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
dammit seo! MAKE IT INTO A HAREM LIEK PRINCESS LUCIA! NAO.

also, inb4 rin owns asuka yet again...
but prolly haruto has a fetish for

DAT ASS
Lmao.... he prolly do he also thinks that he cant please her good so he is not talking the chance....hahahah
Old 2011-02-01, 20:54   Link #6216
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Pics of Rin's Jubilees plz

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 21:17   Link #6217
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Pics of Rin's Jubilees plz
Spoiler for bubz:
Old 2011-02-01, 22:32   Link #6218
Shadow5YA

What a random T-shirt.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 22:38   Link #6219
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler for bubz:
damn... need bust size chart. nao.
Old 2011-02-01, 23:25   Link #6220
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
making Asuka realized*
HAHA jeez, that is probably what will happen but that smile at the end may have been a little too harsh to poor Asuka, almost like you want it to happen that way

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life