AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-04-04, 03:05   Link #61
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Kappei Yamaguchi for L

He has brought L to life literally even if I watch Deat Note Live action I go he doesnt sound like L , With these words he has permanently etched a place for himself in anime history
Quote:
L Des
Spoiler for Yamaguchi Bios:
Old 2007-04-06, 00:16   Link #62
Honey_and_Cleaver

Whats actually so special about Jun Fukuyama. Is it because he can make a very girly voice for a male or is it because he seduced Clamp?

Somehow when you think Shinichiro Miki got second top rank because of his trademark asshole type voice. Besides that, he cant sing and he has some political powers here and there.

But he tends to abuse it and appears in the anime so he can showoff his voice or play a character he likes and make that character close to girl which he likes.On top of that,the anime spent a lot of time on the character he plays even when hes not even the main characters.

He came out of no where in Mai Otome Zwei just to marry Tomoe. Sometimes hes going everywhere doing the same thing. Maybe long ago he played some good roles, but i dont think those animes are good like Yami no Matsuei and Scrapped Princess.

Hes just losing flair.After hearing many of the same kind of voice he plays, im getting a feeling that im just annoyed.Hes got the biggest list for a male seiyuu acting in animes.

Well Takehito Koyasu is opposite of Shinichiro Miki, instead he brings up other seiyuus and play good roles and never over do it.Plus he never abuses his powers and always keep it all good.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 11:52   Link #63
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
is it because he seduced Clamp?
Wow, I'm not sure what to make of this remark. How exactly did he "seduce" them, and did he seduce all four? I'm pretty sure that least one, and maybe more, of them are lesbians (read the commentary in Miyuki-Chan in Wonderland to see why), so he must be one powerful seducer.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 15:39   Link #64
Honey_and_Cleaver

Yeah, who says harem doesnt happen in real life? It does, most likely in japan, where as the population of female are larger than the males.
Old 2007-04-07, 16:37   Link #65
Katapan
俺様祭り

How exactly did the discussion go from Jun Fukuyama's talent to CLAMP's 'harem'?

To come back to the point raised earlier, what exactly makes Jun Fukuyama's talent? His playing a very girly role in Okane ga Nai is proof that he can play very different roles without keeping the exact same voice. His talent is obvious when you compare various roles: take Lelouch from Code Geass, Keita from Inukami! and this girly boy from Okane ga Nai, for example. They're all roles that he was able to portray fairly well imo. I don't think it's that easy to make a link between the roles, or at least much harder than in certain cases (Shinichiro Miki is an exemple since you were talking about him, but I could go on with a whole list).

Note that I don't particularly like him, and I think some seiyuu are much more deserving than he is, but he is far from being incompetent, so let's not start saying that he's "getting stupid" because he was probably asked to play a disturbing role (plus I don't see what CLAMP have to do with voice acting).
Old 2007-04-07, 16:59   Link #66
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I would vote for Ayako Kawasumi (Nodame Cantabile;Noda Megumi) and Rie Tanaka (Hataraki Man; Matsukata Hiroko). Very professional and versatile VA.

For guys, Jun Fukuyama (Code Geass;Lelouch).
Old 2007-04-07, 19:41   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For 2006:

Kuwashima Houko (Saiunkoku Monogatari), Romi Park (NANA), and Tanaka Rie (Hataraki Man). In that order, for me, but any order would do. I love Hirano Aya as Layla in NANA and like her as Haruhi, but she's not up to these people yet.

I also loved a lot of other performances: Takahashi Rieko, Yukana, Nazuka Kaori and Niino Michi in Simoun, Toyoguchi Megumi in The Third, Koshimizu Ami in Kamisama Kazoku, etc.

For the guys, this is the year I discovered Koyasu Takehito (Sa Sakujun in Saiunkoku). Wow. I also liked Sugita Tomokazu (Suzumiya Haruhi, Kanon). EDIT: I do have to add both Kappei Yamaguchi and Miyano Mamoru from Death Note.

I don't appreciate Fukuyama Jun that much, but he does have range: from manly Lelouch to the gentle cello player in Corda D'Oro, and even as far as a clear uke role in Okane ga Nai.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-04-10 at 08:10.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 03:21   Link #68
Honey_and_Cleaver

Jun Fukuyama voice is very recognizable. I feel like when he makes a low voice, i feel like hes faking it. When he makes a soft voice, sounds like squelling hanatarou which is much more irritating.

Yeah he played in Okane ga Nai. But it wasnt a good job. Voice actors tend to want to become famous faster in a cheap way in acting Yaoi animes.

CLAMP, the reason why its associated with Jun Fukuyama is because CLAMP are highly respected people, if they like the voice actors, it doubles the popularity. Politics! Hes gotten 2 roles from CLAMPS anime, xxxholic main character, and code geass. So to say, all the female characters fall for character played by Jun Fukuyama, so plain obvious what CLAMP is expressing here.
Old 2007-04-09, 00:56   Link #69
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Wow, anti-Fukuyama bias. Considering CLAMP's hands in Code Geass don't extend beyond the drawing table, how could they had a hand in Fukuyama getting the role as Lelouch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
For the guys, this is the year I discovered Koyasu Takehito (Sa Sakujun in Saiunkoku). Wow.
You mean you didn't really "discover" Takehito Koyasu before? Wow. And while I agree that Koyasu's performance as Sakujun is solid, for his standards, it's merely not bad in my opinion. His forte in his character voicing is that it is almost always recognizable as Koyasu, but he almost always manage to insert something "special" into the characters he voice to make them personally stand out from so many similar arche-types he voices, yet not being too diverse to the point of losing the "Koyasu" touch. Lovely. Even though there was a short period sometime where he kinda got lazy and reused his most standard, deep voice which was decent, but gets repetitive one too many times, he's gone back to his game in recent years.

His 2004/05/06 work as Kuroyanagi Ryou in Yakitate Japan in my opinion is easily one of his finest I've seen in a long time. He has like...20 different voice range in that one show alone, and considering how dialogue heavy his role was, he was very impressive.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 07:59   Link #70
Honey_and_Cleaver

Your forgetting in japan, the creators have the most rights. If one opinion is made by them, it comes swift and the heads fall off.
Old 2007-04-10, 01:52   Link #71
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
For 2006:

Kuwashima Houko (Saiunkoku Monogatari), Romi Park (NANA), and Tanaka Rie (Hataraki Man). In that order, for me, but any order would do. I love Hirano Aya as Layla in NANA and like her as Haruhi, but she's not up to these people yet.

I also loved a lot of other performances: Takahashi Rieko, Yukana, Nazuka Kaori and Niino Michi in Simoun, Toyoguchi Megumi in The Third, Koshimizu Ami in Kamisama Kazoku, etc.

For the guys, this is the year I discovered Koyasu Takehito (Sa Sakujun in Saiunkoku). Wow. I also liked Sugita Tomokazu (Suzumiya Haruhi, Kanon).

I don't appreciate Fukuyama Jun that much, but he does have range: from manly Lelouch to the gentle cello player in Corda D'Oro, and even as far as a clear uke role in Okane ga Nai.
You've been missing out regarding Koyasu. He's my favourite male voice actor tied with Kappei Yamaguchi. Sugita Tomakazu I have some choice words regarding his character intepretations not matching the character in my mind (Brooklyn Luckfield from Super Robot Wars mostly. He's supposed to be fairly mild mannered and deeply protective of Kusuha, not sounding like some overexcited steriod abuser who sounds like he's constantly on the verge of a nervous breakdown. He'd probably be more fitting for a character like Son Ganlon or better yet Archibald Grims.)

Anyway regarding Jun Fukuyama, I think he needs to work on his evil laughter a wee bit. It's haunting in episodes like the end of 23 and the end of the very first episode, but when he's fleeing in the Gawain in one episode after stealing it, his laugh barely matches the animation and sounds like he's phoning it in. Romi Park of course goes without saying after Loran Cehack and Edward Elric to name, but a few roles. Yukana has it rough because of Zeta Gundam A New Translation and thus has to work ten times harder than anybody else I would imagine. I don't know enough about Ami Koshimizu other than she does Karen Stattfeld, but the role isn't very standout for me.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 04:08   Link #72
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

I remember the director saying once that he had to cut out some scenes of Lelouch laughing evilly due to some reasons...>.>" If only he had also cut the 'Lelouch-flying-in-the-Gawain' part out... Funny how I didn't notice the awkwardness of it until I watched the episode subbed...

And didn't I catch you, Kaioshin_Sama, in the iDOLM@STER thread? Koshimizu plays a role in there. The girl dressed as a penguin. ^^"
lil-d01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 03:39   Link #73
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
I'd like to choose Yui Horie as Tsukimiya Ayu (Kanon), Youko (Inukami), Sasakie Makie (Negima), Sawachika Eri (School Rumble) etc.. etc.. (just too much http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/yui_horie for full list...). She can change her voice into several different types (for my ear). You should notice the different beetwen those role i mentioned above...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote