http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?i...094a7do1nv.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?im...0o3345e5xn.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?im...0o2345e2uj.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?im...0o4345e0uv.jpg
Tousen's new look
The fight stopped
Tousen tells Grimjaw he broke the code
orhime healing hitsu, hitsu has fatal injury

Last edited by weiwei; 2006-01-25 at 18:17.
Old 2006-01-25, 18:10   Link #2
Kona
Banned

I knew it, he would lure grimmjow back. Im dissapointed when such a good beatdown was about to happen. Why does tousen look like the dude from star trek? I like his original look better.
Old 2006-01-25, 18:14   Link #3
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Damn. Tousen IS harder than Grimjoww, at least from the third pic. I wonder how Ichigo learns to fly, as judging from this, he'll need to... Thanks, weiwei.

Edit; When did Rangiku go get Rukia? And who's going to heal her? And by fatal, do they mean Orihime can't heal it? Arrgh, I need to learn to read Japanese...
Old 2006-01-25, 18:27   Link #4
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona
I knew it, he would lure grimmjow back. Im dissapointed when such a good beatdown was about to happen. Why does tousen look like the dude from star trek? I like his original look better.
Heh. Stole the words right out of my mouth.

Agreed on both accounts.

Hopefully this would mean that all the petty feeling-out action would stop and maybe the real fighting will begin. Or maybe Aizen and crew will constantly tease Ichigo and gang for 20+ chapters until they start fighting..
Old 2006-01-25, 18:27   Link #5
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
Damn. Tousen IS harder than Grimjoww, at least from the third pic. I wonder how Ichigo learns to fly, as judging from this, he'll need to... Thanks, weiwei.

Edit; When did Rangiku go get Rukia? And who's going to heal her? And by fatal, do they mean Orihime can't heal it? Arrgh, I need to learn to read Japanese...

Shinigami can ride on spiritons. I guess after she shouted to orihime to heal hitsugaya. I guess the only option would be uraharas shop or somebody else(?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
Hopefully this would mean that all the petty feeling-out action would stop and maybe the real fighting will begin. Or maybe Aizen and crew will constantly tease Ichigo and gang for 20+ chapters until they start fighting..

What im thinking is unless aizen lets the people go and gj got in trouble for stealing the cookies from the cookie jar, We wont see any 11-20 action but screw them. Those vastroode are the stuff. I feel this arc (if its over) was a little dissapointing. The 3 things we havent seen in awhile, the vizards (perfect time to train ichigo and maybe you have a chance with a vastroode!), isshins deal with being a captain, and ishidas training. Man that would be so awesome if they come back and more arguing with new arrancar faces especially that chick. Shes hawt <3.

Last edited by Kona; 2006-01-27 at 11:51.
Old 2006-01-25, 19:06   Link #6
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

There is also the issue with Ichigo's friends, will they stay the same, or use some kind of power-ups?
Old 2006-01-25, 19:40   Link #7
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
and Ichigo never finished his talk with his little sister...
if Hitsugaya dies now it'll be what everybody wanted? kill off one of the coolest characters? heard u complaining all the time, but if it'd be Hitsugaya instead of Ikkaku I can image ur yapping :P
we must see what's chad do after Ichigo broke up with him
I don't think that Orihime can fix up all of those shinigamies, but Renji looks fine
Thousen is lame but his outfit is nice... if Thousen can beat GrimJaw now that means that there'll be stronger ones when Ichigo go on a fighing trip or/and all already existing Arrancars will be stronger
Old 2006-01-25, 20:21   Link #8
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Since Ikkaku's friend contacted Soul Society and told them about funeral stuff, it is possible that they might send medic-Shinigamis, after learning the situation they were in.

And there is also Urahara-group. This is a good time to show himself by helping those injured Shinigamis, at least Renji who was close to their shop.

Considering the powers of those little guys from Urahara's shop, can Urahara prepare something to make Ichigo's friends a lot stronger? At the end, he was the person to create something that can significantly improve powers.

By the way did they show the number of the first Espada (I don't remember his name) that appeared first to observe Ichigo?
Old 2006-01-25, 23:30   Link #9
carb

urahara > tousen or any other top10 arancars you bring along with hehe.. but thats coming from an assumption that he used hougyoku for himself way before
Old 2006-01-26, 02:05   Link #10
U<3Anime
Boo!

DAMN YOU TOUSEN!!! Just when the fight was just about to get started.... With the new attire, could tousen already be a hybrid?
Old 2006-01-26, 07:43   Link #11
Mirtual

I hope I'll get used to Geordi la Tousen in time. I mean the coat and stuff is all right, but that eye thing looks weird.

Well, a lame draw back is always better than seeing the main character plot shield abilities taking over the fight.

And I am very disappointed with Hitsugaya. I always thought he was strong, and look where he is now. First he gets powned by Aizen giving the impression his Bankai was crap, and now we get prove it is. And as if that wouldn't be enough he explains how he and the rest of the gang only won by luck.

I just hope the side characters get a better development, and I want to see losses on both sides.
One of this weeks manga highlights tough.
Old 2006-01-26, 11:02   Link #12
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
By the way did they show the number of the first Espada (I don't remember his name) that appeared first to observe Ichigo?
Aquila? Or something like that.....I believe he isn't a number since Aizen said to show what he learnt to the other 20, I think Aizen only sent him out because of his unique ability.
Old 2006-01-26, 11:56   Link #13
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Aquila? Or something like that.....I believe he isn't a number since Aizen said to show what he learnt to the other 20, I think Aizen only sent him out because of his unique ability.
It's Ulquiorra, and not yet. As he seems so much more powerful than Yami, and able to deflect a blast from Urahara, I'm giving him honourary espada status. But he might not be - we haven't seen a number yet.
Old 2006-01-26, 12:56   Link #14
MobiuS

Ulq was giving the impression that only Hollow Ichigo would be a match. I mean, he didnt seem scared. He did say surpassed, but he didnt make it sound like he would be straight trashed. He made it seem only Hollow Ichy could put a scratch on him ..
Old 2006-01-26, 14:05   Link #15
Desti-Fate
Now available in pink

Momo in snow...

Looking forward to the scanlations.
Old 2006-01-26, 18:33   Link #16
weiwei
Nazi Bush

if u compare the way ichigo and wchigo use their bankai or soul slayer, in the episode where ichigo went to his inner world.... we already saw ichigo and wchigo have a big gap in terms of sword fighting, intelligence, spritial force... and we have never see tensa zangetsu's true ability yet. However, we know what kind of wchigo's character is, he is an avenger who seeks more power and loves killing like ken-chan... so r u saying this kind of guy is weak? i dun think so... and like i said we dun know what kind of power Wchigo really possess, and you assume that espada is stronger than him? Seriously, all we see Wchigo right now is Wchigo vs ichigo, Wchigo vs Byakuya... and those two battle, wchigo didn't even get serious, he is just always say ichigo is pathetic, and does know how to use his sword... however the way we see it and we know from wchigo, he is stronger than espada or else he wouldn't be a perfect hybrid
Old 2006-01-27, 05:01   Link #17
carb

yeah, im also very disappointed with hitsugaya and the way kubo presented his bankai. This is the second time hyourinmarou was called out and we have still yet to know his full capabilities... I mean yeah, apart from the obvious effect of making everything "ice"( which doesn't seem to work anyway other than to low levels ), there really isn't much to know about hitsu's bankai. It was never explained what those wings' purpose for or the tail, or the very reason as to why hitsugaya seems to turn into a dragon etc...
Old 2006-01-27, 11:44   Link #18
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
I don't think Hitsugayas "weak" bankai is a problem. Kubo loves to make his pet characters bleed like mad. Hitsugaya will live and improve himself.

As for his Bankkai... it looks cool, like Renji's bankai looks cool. Other then that it gives him the ability to fly. I would not worry too much that he does not have anything super special going on with his bankai. Perhaps he has yet to master it completely. He is after all a very young captain.
Old 2006-01-27, 12:10   Link #19
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Flight isn't what I would call a unique ability, as most powerful people seem to do fine without even releasing their zanpaktu - the arrancars, Hiroko, Tousen - so it's not special.
Old 2006-01-27, 12:46   Link #20
Desti-Fate
Now available in pink

It stuns me that people are complaining about Hitsuguya's bankai when they have far more rubbish bankai like Ikkaku's to whine about.

I mean, at least Shirou-chan's bankai doesn't BREAK HIS SPINE.
Closed Thread