AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

View Poll Results: Shuffle! Memories Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 1 5.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 5.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 5.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 21.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 15.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 15.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 5.26%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-18, 00:35   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Shuffle! Memories Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shuffle! Memories, episode 7.

Be aware that this series will reveal some storylines from the previously aired series Shuffle!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags clearly marked with a title (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and keep future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

• No Fanclub campaigning!
    What this means is don't post something like this:

KaedeKaedeKaede

Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for your favourite, better still, discuss the story instead

• No Fanclub politics!
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title![/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2007-02-18, 18:25   Link #2
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh the pain in my chest i can see why kaede is such a tragic heroine >.<

okey fine the 2nd half of kaede's arc...basically its ALL recap...but even so im quite emotionally moved by it all ~ basically what the the producers did was condensed all of kaede's trauma spanned out through her arc into 20 minutes ~

(before i say anything else...screw director's cut all of this has been seen before! i want my money back T_T)

*cough*
Spoiler:

and the end of this ep...it was just disappointing >.< nothing!! i feel nothing at the end...it wasnt even a solid conclusion...bleh...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-18, 18:44   Link #3
-Breakthrough-

Quote:
and out of it all i really feel sorry for primula...she was the only one to see kaede's condition get worse and worse...i bet she even felt that her life was being threatened at times with the death aura that kaede was giving off...only the brick headed rin couldnt notice...

i mean for hells sakes rin...look at what you did to her!!!
I always thought Rin was okay and meh until this happened~ I mean come on, is he that thick headed like that emo retard Sasuke?
Quote:
and also this!!! do you think shes looking well at all? did it even cross you mind that there must be something wrong? but no...he carried on dropping the bombshells like nothing onto kaede's shattered mind! T_T
Agreed. Its like he's giving her the whole ignore or its no big deal treatment with Kaede's problems or something, seriously.
Quote:
and the end of this ep...it was just disappointing >.< nothing!! i feel nothing at the end...it wasnt even a solid conclusion...bleh...
They could have added more or maybe (Which I doubt) come some out or make new scenes in, more or less, yeah, just another simple recap.
Old 2007-02-18, 22:58   Link #4
Veg
/dev/null

Send a message via ICQ to Veg Send a message via AIM to Veg Send a message via MSN to Veg
No offense, but
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-18, 23:40   Link #5
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Seems like the only new footage in this episode is this:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-19, 00:13   Link #6
-Breakthrough-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Seems like the only new footage in this episode is this:
Spoiler:
Image doesn't show due to its hotlinking policy so here's the image uploaded in Imageshack.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-19, 02:34   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

okay... so its confirmed.... there really isn't any point to this series -- they could have just released a musical DVD of the OP/ED songs and an image gallery of the new imagery in the OP/EDs.

Man, what a scam and waste of air time.... seriously, people should just watch the original series and create their own "best moments" or whatever... at least you get to see the R15+ scenes unfogged that way '

Out of respect for Kaede, I won't vote at all because the rest of this series would get a "1".

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-02-19 at 02:46.
Old 2007-02-19, 02:44   Link #8
-Breakthrough-

Quote:
okay... so its confirmed.... there really isn't any point to this series -- they could have just released a musical DVD of the OP/ED songs and an image gallery of the new imagery in the OP/EDs.
Or they should have just worked on a 13-episode production of Tick! Tack!
Old 2007-02-19, 03:03   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I vote you be given all further control of animation production
Old 2007-02-19, 06:52   Link #10
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
I think this is the first time I might drop a series due to the fact I've already seen what's about to be shown. Out of love/respect for Kaede, I'll still watch this; then I'll drop it. Not even new OPs or another Sia episode will convince me.
Old 2007-02-19, 10:01   Link #11
Klover
Shuffle! 大好

Send a message via MSN to Klover
Bla!I think this episode is just the sum up of Kaede's story line in Shuffle! .I got some question to ask.But....Ittai,My chest is bleeding!!!
1.What is the picture in the OP that Kaede kiss Rin as in Shuffle!game ending(Kaede one) meanwhile in episode 7's ending is just likie the one in the original Shuffle! ???
2.Why Navel want to produce Shuffle Memories as it is just cut and paste of Shuffle! story.We also could do so in our own self COMP if we want,I don't understand why.Could someone tell me?

But overall,It recall me the pain i hide deep inside my heart for long time ago.Ittai!!!The pain .It attack me again.(Faint afterward).......
Old 2007-02-19, 10:47   Link #12
Stratocaster
Knight o the Round Orange

As Klover kinda said weve got to ask ourselves in the light of this, why Navel would release SHUFFLE! Memories at all. It must have cost them, any new stuff would have to be paied for etc. I wonder what possible motives there could be. Surely they must know that fans wont settle for regurgitated re-orderd material from the original. Surely too its obvious that no-one will buy the DVDs. There seems to be very little or negative profit in it as a standalone peice. Indeed it seems rather pointless. Do you think that they would be refreshing our memories for something else? Im getting hopefull here butthe only way I can see that it would be worth the time and expenses it would have taken to make would be for it to preceed something more, something new a follow on or something. You know, that was series one, heres a re-cap now a couple of years latter heres series two. Or maybe to preceed a series of Tick Tack. Something like that. I really can't imagine that this is gonna be just it, it dosn't make any sense.
Old 2007-02-19, 11:59   Link #13
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratocaster View Post
Surely they must know that fans wont settle for regurgitated re-orderd material from the original. Surely too its obvious that no-one will buy the DVDs.
i duno...maybe some hardcore shuffle fan out there will buy the DVDs...

basically the cost of production for this series is minimal...all that is needed was for someone to sit down and play around with the order of things from the original ~ added to the so called "directors cut" that was done already (methinks) there you have a really good milking scheme ~

i duno...maybe they really wanted some promotion so sell off what ever shuffle merchandise that was left over form the original >.<

maybe ill the 2nd half of prim's arc just for the sake of it

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-19, 12:05   Link #14
Stratocaster
Knight o the Round Orange

They would still have to pay the animators for the intros and outros and get the songs written and recorded. Yes the cost is minimal but there woud still be a certain amount of expenditure.
Old 2007-02-19, 12:17   Link #15
Sawamura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
oh the pain in my chest i can see why kaede is such a tragic heroine >.<

okey fine the 2nd half of kaede's arc...basically its ALL recap...but even so im quite emotionally moved by it all ~ basically what the the producers did was condensed all of kaede's trauma spanned out through her arc into 20 minutes ~

(before i say anything else...screw director's cut all of this has been seen before! i want my money back T_T)

*cough*
Spoiler:

the problem i hate about what rin did to kaede is show in this episode the IDIot didnt even care for her as A FRIEND haizzzz

Anyway now we know that shuffle memories is a recap but the funny part like what klover said is the opening where kaede kiss rin which episode is it in shuffle ! dont remember seeing it..... dont know what is navel doing ..

Seriously no other girl in shuffle as devoted , caring ,loving as kaede and that is why she is number one in my list
Old 2007-02-19, 13:57   Link #16
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I've explained this before, but here's the apparent logic of Shuffle! Memories:
  • The original series aired exclusively on a Pay TV channel (WOWOW).
  • The original DVDs were very expensive and numerous (12 DVDs at about $50 each, or ~$65 for the Limited Edition).
So, in order to get the show more exposure, they bought cheap airtime on a whole bunch of channels to air a recap show.
  • The recap version costs little to make, but will be accessible to a lot more viewers than the original (they'll get to see what "all the fuss is about").
  • Some of those people will be curious and buy the original DVDs, if they can afford them. This helps clear inventory.
  • For those who can't afford the original DVDs, they can buy cheap DVDs (~$40) of just their favourite character's story told in recap form. This is gravy.
  • For those who already bought the original DVDs, some may buy the new cheaper DVDs to get the new OP/EDs and extras, but this too is gravy.
So, you may wonder, why can't they just re-air the original show? Why incur the costs of re-editing and new OP/EDs? Because WOWOW helped cover the production costs of that version, in exchange for network exclusivity (which pushes their subscription sales). This is why you never see a WOWOW show air on other networks at the same time. So the recap version manages to be different enough from the WOWOW version that it's not deemed to break their exclusivity, plus the added exposure can even help sales of the original series (which WOWOW gets part of the profits from). And, on the website and elsewhere, they're very careful to remind you that the show aired in its full glory on WOWOW (with the implication being that, if you want to see more uncut anime when it first comes out, get a subscription).

I think it's easy to forget: all of us here pirated the show originally. We weren't supposed to be able to watch the show without paying for a WOWOW subscription or for the DVDs. If you've had to invest nothing except a bit of bandwidth to watch Shuffle, then of course this show is a waste for you. But anime production, by in large, depends on TV exposure to lead to merchandise sales. If you look at it in that light, it makes a bit more sense, whether it's a waste of your time or not.
Old 2007-02-19, 19:10   Link #17
Shortysdohdoh
外人

Send a message via Yahoo to Shortysdohdoh
Rofl. Gizoogled style:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post

Welcome ta tha discussion thread fo` Shuffle! Memories , episode 7.

Be aware tizzle this series wizzy reveal some storylizzles fizzle tha previously aired series Shuffle!

Thread Guidizzles

* No steppin' or ask'n fo` RAWs.
* Try ta keep nigga from tha Game or Manga out of tha anime thread.
If you need ta reply ta someone wit a reference ta tha Game / Manga, eitha PM T-H-to-tha-izzem or use Spoila tags clearly marked wit a title (see example below) with my forty-fo' mag.
* Discuss yo expectations of tha episode if not aired.
* Be polite ta yo fellow forum memba
* Try ta kizzle tha discussion on topic n keep future episode pimp out of tha thread brotha possible in tha dogg pound.

* No Fanclub mobbin'!
Whizzat this means is don'tpiznost sum-m sum-m like this:

KaedeKaedeKaede

* Discuss why you do or don’t like playa witout bustin' fo` yo favourizzles brotha still, discuss tha story instead

* No Fanclub politics!
Do not insult or harass otha gangsta fo` they likes n dislikes. Do not takes it so seriously T-H-to-tha-izzat you end up in an argument wit motherfucka forum gangsta coz they express a fondness fo` a wanna be gangsta you loathe. Discussion n good spirited banta is always welcome, but messin' thugz won’t be tolerated n shit.

* Have fun, but pizzost intelligently.
It’s bootylicious ta have fizzle but pleaze try yo bizzle ta add substance ta what you pizzy n makes yo thoughts interest'n fo` tha generizzles of fans that will follow motherfucka you’re long gone n on ta weed-smokin' some wanna be gangsta series.
Old 2007-02-19, 19:47   Link #18
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I just love long trailers that basically show you all the funny jokes, explosions, and dramatic moments so you don't actually have to *watch* the movie
Old 2007-02-19, 20:39   Link #19
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I just love long trailers that basically show you all the funny jokes, explosions, and dramatic moments so you don't actually have to *watch* the movie
That's a pretty broken analogy. Piracy notwithstanding, it's not like they can just up and watch "the movie" that easily, unlike trailers where the movie is clearly "coming soon to a theatre near you". I'm not sure I'd drop $600 on the show based only on rumours and gut feel. I could rent it, but what would prompt me to do so, if I hadn't already? This gives people who've seen the show a chance to rewatch it in a different order if they want to, and people who haven't seen it yet a chance to check it out and buy/rent either the expensive or cheaper version, if they feel like it. And seeing as merchandise sales are the only way these late-night shows make any money, it shouldn't be all that surprising. I'm not saying it's some noble cause or anything, but it's pretty logical from a business perspective.
Old 2007-02-19, 23:25   Link #20
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agreed, it might be logical, but I'm trying to look at it from the perspective of someone who didn't *see* the first series and this "free" view is their first exposure. I'm just not really convinced it's a "wonderful experience" for that person and it isn't going to tempt them to buy the DVDs (either original season or the DVDs for this season).

At least I know I have extra time for other shows now ... and thanks for the illumination about WOWOW - I probably saw your earlier comments and had fuzzed out on them. But the "pay" first season versus "free" recap clears much up (even if it still seems to fail even as a pure recap).

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the last episode.