AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-05, 18:22   Link #2001
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

this new generation of claymores (dietrich, renee, rachael, audrey, clarice) are they in the same age group as raki? like around 19 or 20?

i'm just wondering, that's all.
Old 2009-06-05, 18:30   Link #2002
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
this new generation of claymores (dietrich, renee, rachael, audrey, clarice) are they in the same age group as raki? like around 19 or 20?

Frankly, it's hard to tell how old ANY Claymore.

The problem is, differentiating their actual age with their physical age, and Awakening only makes things more complicated.

Apparantely, after the operation, the aging process is dramatically slowed no matter how old you are and you physically age very slowly until the physical prime of your life(early to mid twenties). After that, you're frozen.

Irene for example looks old because of her apparant silver hair and elven features, but if she's younger then Teresa, why does Teresa look young and fresh and Irene looks like a senior. Get it?

To answer your question: It's hard to say but most of them look, and they should be, like their somewhere in their 20's, though some pics make them look even older. Clarice looks like a teenager who just entered high school(14-17), especially since she has a baby face. Not a pre-teen, but someone who just crossed that border.

Did the best I could, Aging is a tricky subject. Too many things to take into account: actual age, physical age, how their faces look. Clare for example looks like she aged a great deal since the earliest chapters, but I think that has more to do with Yagi's art style improving rather then actual aging. The exception is Riful, she has aged no matter what you say.
Old 2009-06-05, 18:39   Link #2003
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Frankly, it's hard to tell how old ANY Claymore.

The problem is, differentiating their actual age with their physical age, and Awakening only makes things more complicated.

Apparantely, after the operation, the aging process is dramatically slowed no matter how old you are and you physically age very slowly until the physical prime of your life(early to mid twenties). After that, you're frozen.

Irene for example looks old because of her apparant silver hair and elven features, but if she's younger then Teresa, why does Teresa look young and fresh and Irene looks like a senior. Get it?

To answer your question: It's hard to say but most of them look, and they should be, like their somewhere in their 20's, though some pics make them look even older. Clarice looks like a teenager who just entered high school(14-17), especially since she has a baby face. Not a pre-teen, but someone who just crossed that border.

Did the best I could, Aging is a tricky subject. Too many things to take into account: actual age, physical age, how their faces look. Clare for example looks like she aged a great deal since the earliest chapters, but I think that has more to do with Yagi's art style improving rather then actual aging. The exception is Riful, she has aged no matter what you say.
I think she was only asking if some of the claymores from the new generation were born around the time Raki probably was. I think some of them are.

@Clarakiss: Clarice and Dietrich look like they are probably younger than Raki, the others you named look a little older than he is.
Old 2009-06-05, 18:45   Link #2004
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post

I'm guessing that most are under 25 years of age. Claire, when we first see her, appears to be around 15 years of age. As the manga goes on, Yagi's drawings of her get more mature, till we get to the present time, where she appears to be around 20-25. I call this look "mature youth", which is where Irene, Teresa and Galatea all stopped.

If I had to guess, I'd say 20 years old is about right, considering their obvious stupidity in even attempting to take down Riful.

Miria I would guess to be around 30 years old. Claire, the youngest of the Ghosts, is probably around 22. Galatea, on the other hand, is probably at least 35 years old, judging by her excellent knowledge of the Org. Irene would, were she alive, have been probably around 45 years old.

Claire, Raki, Miria and Galatea go walking in Rabona's streets
Claire: "So how old are you Galatea?"
Galatea: "Claire, how many times must I tell you about not discussing my age?!?"
Miria: "You only say that because you don't want the young priest you've been romancing to be embarrassed..."
Galatea: "Why you!"
Miria: "So what if you're thirty-five? I'm sure a cougar like you doesn't have trouble finding prey!"
Galatea: "Well I guess you could say 'I'm an Oldie, but a Goodie'".
Raki is awestruck by Galatea's ripped nun's outfit: "You're an Oldie and I'm having a..."
Claire immediately stops Raki with a

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"

Last edited by revan5; 2009-06-05 at 18:49. Reason: grammar
Old 2009-06-05, 18:50   Link #2005
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
I'm guessing that most are under 25 years of age. Claire, when we first see her, appears to be around 15 years of age. As the manga goes on, Yagi's drawings of her get more mature, till we get to the present time, where she appears to be around 20-25. I call this look "mature youth", which is where Irene, Teresa and Galatea all stopped.

If I had to guess, I'd say 20 years old is about right, considering their obvious stupidity in even attempting to take down Riful.

Miria I would guess to be around 30 years old. Claire, the youngest of the Ghosts, is probably around 22. Galatea, on the other hand, is probably at least 35 years old, judging by her excellent knowledge of the Org. Irene would, were she alive, have been probably around 45 years old.

Claire, Raki, Miria and Galatea go walking in Rabona's streets
Claire: "So how old are you Galatea?"
Galatea: "Claire, how many times must I tell you about not discussing my age?!?"
Miria: "You only say that because you don't want the young priest you've been romancing to be embarrassed..."
Galatea: "Why you!"
Miria: "So what if you're thirty-five? I'm sure a cougar like you doesn't have trouble finding prey!"
Galatea: "Well I guess you could say 'I'm an Oldie, but a Goodie'".
Raki is awestruck by Galatea's ripped nun's outfit: "You're and Oldie and I'm having a..."
Claire immediately stops Raki with a
That's a good one.
Old 2009-06-05, 18:52   Link #2006
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
I think she was only asking if some of the claymores from the new generation were born around the time Raki probably was. I think some of them are.

@Clarakiss: Clarice and Dietrich look like they are probably younger than Raki, the others you named look a little older than he is.
Rofl, I can't help but write an essay when I get juicy questions like that

Quote:
Reven, the characters don't improve in look, everything does. Look at the chapter with Rubel under the bridge, the detail in Rubel's clothes is better then most things in this entire manga. You can't deny his drawing skills have steadily improved, which has to be connected.

For the sake of longevity, I can't imagine Claymores physically age past a certain point. I mean, just look at Rapahela, she's one of the oldest Claymores around and she doesn't look like any 45 year old I know, and I think she's older then Irene.

And then we have other things that change with time, partially with Yagi's new decisions. Dauf for example, looks much more menacing and evil inside the tunnel then he did later on outside; you can say it's because we actually see his entire size, but I say Yagi actually made him a bit smaller, perhaps because he really isn't that strong compared to alot of forces(and he's stupid ). Priscilla's the same; when she first awakens, her hair stands up and she looks extremely malevolent. When she fights Rigardo, this is not the case and she doesn't look so crazy and evil, probably because Yagi decided she would not remain the villain.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-06-05 at 19:04.
Old 2009-06-05, 19:08   Link #2007
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Reven, the characters don't improve in look, everything does. Look at the chapter with Rubel under the bridge, the detail in Rubel's clothes is better then most things in this entire manga. You can't deny his drawing skills have steadily improved, which has to be connected.

For the sake of longevity, I can't imagine Claymores physically age past a certain point. I mean, just look at Rapahela, she's one of the oldest Claymores around and she doesn't look like any 45 year old I know, and I think she's older then Irene.

And then we have other things that change with time, partially with Yagi's new decisions. Dauf for example, looks much more menacing and evil inside the tunnel then he did later on outside; you can say it's because we actually see his entire size, but I say Yagi actually made him a bit smaller, perhaps because he really isn't that strong compared to alot of forces(and he's stupid ). Priscilla's the same; when she first awakens, her hands stands up and she looks extremely malevolent. When she fights Rigardo, this is not the case and she doesn't look so crazy and evil, probably because Yagi decided she would not remain the villain.
Once again Padawan, you disappoint your Master. As Darth REVAN recalls, this is the 14th time you have misspelled the word "Revan" as "Reven". The poor Dark Lord doesn't know what to do. I've tried force lightning, force choke, and even force persuasion, and yet this continues.

Wait, you wouldn't happen to be cyborg would you, Padawan Shiek?

As for the remarks regarding the improved drawings...yes, they do improve a lot over the series, but I stand by my comments on Claire appearing older in the recent arc of the story. She simply appears more bad-ass and less insecure than she once did, even if better drawing is responsible for much of it.

I think Yagi did modify her looks somewhat. Check out claire from chapters 1-4 versus Claire from chapters 67-current. If your theory holds though, you'd have to double-check her looks from chapter 60 versus 67. Having done so myself, I still say she looks older, better drawings "being responsible" or not!

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
Old 2009-06-05, 19:15   Link #2008
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Once again Padawan, you disappoint your Master. As Darth REVAN recalls, this is the 14th time you have misspelled the word "Revan" as "Reven". The poor Dark Lord doesn't know what to do. I've tried force lightning, force choke, and even force persuasion, and yet this continues.

Wait, you wouldn't happen to be cyborg would you, Padawan Shiek?

As for the remarks regarding the improved drawings...yes, they do improve a lot over the series, but I stand by my comments on Claire appearing older in the recent arc of the story. She simply appears more bad-ass and less insecure than she once did, even if better drawing is responsible for much of it.

I think Yagi did modify her looks somewhat. Check out claire from chapters 1-4 versus Claire from chapters 67-current. If your theory holds though, you'd have to double-check her looks from chapter 60 versus 67. Having done so myself, I still say she looks older, better drawings "being responsible" or not!
Perhaps diplomacy is best; You say she got older, I say she didn't. She probably did age, but not by a great deal(1-5 years tops). Too much, and it's dumb. And those comparisons were my examples on why she DIDN't age However, I don't remember a [B]single[B] moment where Claire was ever "insecure".

Nevertheless, his old drawings, nay, the whole manga as a whole was very "stock" and simple in the earliest chapters. Thankfully he kept at it, and began adding more and more original material and matured his own unique art style. You can also say all the characters aged(and they probably did a little), but I stand by what I said and say that has more to do with his drawings simply improving.

Oh and Master? Your name is pronouced "Reven" I'm more amazed you actually counted XD
Old 2009-06-05, 19:23   Link #2009
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Perhaps diplomacy is best; You say she got older, I say she didn't. She probably did age, but not by a great deal. Too much, and it's dumb. And those comparisons were my examples on why she DIDN't age However, I don't remember a [B]single[B] moment where Claire was ever "insecure".

Nevertheless, his old drawings, nay, the whole manga as a whole was very "stock" and simple in the earliest chapters. Thankfully he kept at it, and began adding more and more original material and matured his own unique art style. You can also say all the characters aged(and they probably did a little), but I stand by what I said and say that has more to do with his drawings simply improving.

Oh and Master? Your name is pronouced "Reven" I'm more amazed you actually counted XD
Make note to self, "Must torture Shiek927 with forced viewing of Raki at his most annoying" until he stops saying "reven", since it's spelled "Revan".

Second note to self, "Get Padawan 'replaced'" if all else fails.

Old 2009-06-05, 19:24   Link #2010
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Make note to self, "Must torture Shiek927 with forced viewing of Raki at his most annoying" until he stops saying "reven", since it's spelled "Revan".

Second note to self, "Get Padawan 'replaced'" if all else fails.
Raki could never annoy me! The kids a miniature Luke Skywalker!

I'm practically his biggest fan
Old 2009-06-05, 19:32   Link #2011
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Raki could never annoy me! The kids a miniature Luke Skywalker!

I'm practically his biggest fan
Bangs head on keyboard...

Quick, Hell, we need to get Shiek to the psych ward fast, he needs !

For the sake of the community, you mind explaining why a ten-year old Raki is not aggravating? Him at 17 I can take, his younger self on the other hand...

Old 2009-06-05, 19:38   Link #2012
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Bangs head on keyboard...

Quick, Hell, we need to get Shiek to the psych ward fast, he needs !

For the sake of the community, you mind explaining why a ten-year old Raki is not aggravating? Him at 17 I can take, his younger self on the other hand...
Revan, surely by now you see how much I like all of him(that may have came out the wrong way ), look how much I defend him: here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...61#post2418561

Sorry, but the kid is one of my favorite characters. You can show me his most pitiful moments where he weeps like a dumb dog, I still think he's a hero

And besides, I was already in a psyche ward when I was in middle-school, *sign, those were the days...., Good times, good times
Old 2009-06-05, 19:41   Link #2013
hell88
Banned

@Revan5: I'm not sure I want to be a part of this.
Old 2009-06-05, 19:42   Link #2014
MisterJB
Warden of the West

C'mon shiek.
Luke is ten times more annoying than Raki. He and Jar Jar are the reasons why I was never able to watch a prequel SW movie from the beggining to the end
Old 2009-06-05, 19:44   Link #2015
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

you guys are truly hilarious!

padawan sheik! lol lol lol but i must say, my yoki is quite enormous in the 'biggest raki fan' department... gomen ne padawan shiek!
Old 2009-06-05, 20:19   Link #2016
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
C'mon shiek.
Luke is ten times more annoying than Raki. He and Jar Jar are the reasons why I was never able to watch a prequel SW movie from the beggining to the end
Uhhhhh, I'm assuming you mean Anakin. Luke was never in the prequels, only as a baby in the last movie. To dare call Luke Skywalker annoying...

Honestly MisterJB, you make it sound like you never saw any of the originals

Then again, now that I remember my posts in the Live Action thread(http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...65#post2412965), Raki's resemblence to Anakin is also extremely uncanny. I dare say, Yagi based him off Anakin a little bit.

Quote:
padawan sheik! lol lol lol but i must say, my yoki is quite enormous in the 'biggest raki fan' department... gomen ne padawan shiek!
Hehe, awww. Actually, considering I'm apparantely a bad Padawan, I may actually take you up as my apprentice. We're the only ones who apparentely like Raki

But really, "I like all of him", what was I thinking?

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-06-05 at 20:30.
Old 2009-06-05, 20:30   Link #2017
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
I'm assuming you mean Anakin. Luke was never in the prequels, only as a baby in the last movie. To dare call Luke Skywalker annoying...

Honestly MisterJB, you make it sound like you never saw any of the originals
So, Anakin was the father/asmatic one and Luke was the guy who got his hand chopped off in the fourth movie, right?

Last edited by MisterJB; 2009-07-24 at 18:44.
Old 2009-06-05, 20:34   Link #2018
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
So, Anakin was the father/asmatic one and Luke was the guy who got his hand chopped off in the fourth movie, right?
......Fifth movie

MisterJB......you have failed me greatly

And Luke wasn't just any old "guy", he was his son.

You sure you're not an Abyssal who's also been sleeping in a hole for a 100 years?(JK )
Old 2009-06-05, 20:49   Link #2019
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
The fifth?
I remember a tattoed guy from the first movie who had double red ligthsabers. That one was really cool.

Well, that I could remember. I mean, that line is everywhere.

I had already heard:

"Luke, I'm your father"

before I knew what Star Wars was and even before I could speak a single word of english.

No, I'm not an Abyssal...that would be freaking awesome tough.
I wonder... if Raki had been implanted Yoma flesh, would he have been #1 material?

Basically, claymores are normal humans that were powerless against the Yoma before becoming half Yoma. So, it's logical that a if a human, who could already kill Yoma were to become a Claymore, that human would be a much stronger Claymore than usual.
*sign, MisterJB, I find your lack of Star Wars knowledge disturbing

Yes, Darth Maul from Episode 1. Episode 1-3, the "new ones"(they take place earlier in the series, but came out later), highlight Anakin Skywalker, the father, and his transformation to the evil Darth Vader. The originals, 4-6, the "older" ones, highlight his son Luke Skywalker's journey into the Jedi Knight who redeems him. It's sort of like, Episode 1-3 are about Teresa, and Episode 4-6, are about Claire.

Hard to say. Theirs a lot of unknown factors on how one warrior is stronger then the others. Part of it depends on the actual Yoma that was used in the process, and how much. Claire for example has only 1/4, but that 1/4 is from Teresa, so we know she's obviously no weakling, even if she was at first.

As far as we know, their is nothing about the actual person that helps determine how strong of a warrior they will be before the operation. If we are too assume, for example, that the flesh would be from either Isley or Priscilla, Raki would grow up to be an extremely powerful warrior in time, especially if 1/2 was used and not 1/4. And of course, all the other things that determines power: How much training/experience, half-awakened or not, awakened or not, any techniques etc.

A good question is: What would happen if two yoma were used? Both Isley AND Priscilla? as far as I can tell, such a thing has never been done before.
Old 2009-06-05, 22:21   Link #2020
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
We're the only ones who apparentely like Raki

But really, "I like all of him", what was I thinking?
ha ha ha... think again padawan sheik! nobodyman is a big fan too but he's still under me in the 'really' like department. *looks around to see if nobodyman is actually around and doesn't sees him* bwahahahahaha!

putting isley and priscilla flesh in someone like raki probably isn't such a good idea. it might just destory his body or mess up his mind completely. two different kinds of yoma flesh inside a person would create chaos as isley's and priscilla's flesh clashing against one another, trying to gain dominance over the person's body.
Closed Thread